HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets 2012-2013 lineup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
  #101
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland
 
atl thrasher344's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggyjets View Post
There's a good chance he will be there even if the seasons a go.
I really doubt that there is a "good" chance he will be in the AHL next year.

How many young players are promoted from the third line to the second line during the year and then find themselves in the AHL the next season?

Burmistrov at worst will be on the third line this season. No one is gifting him a roster spot. The fact is that no one is significantly better or proven enough to take that roster spot away from him.

atl thrasher344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:58 PM
  #102
blueandgoldguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Greg's River Heights
Posts: 1,585
vCash: 500
Gawd, what a mistake that would be..sending Burmi down to the minors after two full seasons in the NHL. He will not learn anything down there people! Better to keep him up here with the Jets organization. If he fails to improve on his deficiencies (ie. overhandling the puck and offensive zone turnovers) in training camp and the pre-season, put him on the third or fourth line in the regular season until he does. Sending him to the minors will do absolutely nothing to further his development!

blueandgoldguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:58 AM
  #103
pcanuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
1) No New Signings/Trades

Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Miettinen
Machacek - Burmistrov - Antropov (moved at the trade deadline)
Glass (resigned 3yrs@ 1.2M) - Slater (resigned 2 years @ 2M) - Thorburn

Byfuglien - Hainsey (huge salaries make them both expendable)
Enstrom - Bogosian
Clitsome - Stuart
X Postma, Kulda


2) UFA Potential Signings/ Trades (for low money, low risk)

In Goal = A. Montoya put up bad numbers for a bad defensive team (1 yr @ 500K) OR M. Turko is a vet guy who can help Pavs get better (1 yr @ 700K)

On D = we sucked last year and need serious help but won't get it. I would like S. O'Brien (tough and physical; 2 yrs @ 1.5M) OR Matt Lashoff from TOR (he never got ice time and can skate very well; 2 yrs @ 500K)

At F = we lacked consistency. I see mgmt looking for the diamonds in the rough like Wellwood but he won't be resigned unless he takes a hometown discount. I like G. Maulden (he couldn't crack the lineup in COL b/c of all the talent there, 2 yrs @ 500K) or maybe B. Sterling in STL (a quick playoff exit may mean he doesn't get resigned - say, 2 yrs @ 1.2M) OR B. Yip from NSH (they may not resign him but he can be a solid 3rd liner with production potential; say 1 yr @ 700K).

Even with these UFA, we're still 3-4 wins from a playoff spot. We over achieved last year, likely because of the fan base. This year could be tough. Game changers that lead us to the postseason would be Z. Parise but he's not going anywhere. S. Doan isn't going anywhere. T. Selanne isn't going anywhere BUT Olli Jokinen could be a surprise pickup. We could likely get him for 3.5M or so for 3 years (he wants a longer term deal b/c he'll be 34). He is extremely undervalued for his production. He could center our third line and provide much needed scoring. He averages 50-60 pts a year. He's getting older but he'd be our immediate solution to getting to the playoffs.


just some thoughts ...

pcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:12 AM
  #104
Romang67
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Illinois
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,915
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
In Goal = A. Montoya put up bad numbers for a bad defensive team (1 yr @ 500K) OR M. Turko is a vet guy who can help Pavs get better (1 yr @ 700K)
I love Turco as much as the next guy after his short stint in Djurgården during the lockout, but I don't want him anywhere near our Jets unless he suddendly finds the fountain of youth. I'm with you about the veteran presence for Pavs though, I want that for a couple of years until Pasquale is ready.

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:31 AM
  #105
km204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
1) No New Signings/Trades

Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Miettinen
Machacek - Burmistrov - Antropov (moved at the trade deadline)
Glass (resigned 3yrs@ 1.2M) - Slater (resigned 2 years @ 2M) - Thorburn

Byfuglien - Hainsey (huge salaries make them both expendable)
Enstrom - Bogosian
Clitsome - Stuart
X Postma, Kulda


2) UFA Potential Signings/ Trades (for low money, low risk)

In Goal = A. Montoya put up bad numbers for a bad defensive team (1 yr @ 500K) OR M. Turko is a vet guy who can help Pavs get better (1 yr @ 700K)

On D = we sucked last year and need serious help but won't get it. I would like S. O'Brien (tough and physical; 2 yrs @ 1.5M) OR Matt Lashoff from TOR (he never got ice time and can skate very well; 2 yrs @ 500K)

At F = we lacked consistency. I see mgmt looking for the diamonds in the rough like Wellwood but he won't be resigned unless he takes a hometown discount. I like G. Maulden (he couldn't crack the lineup in COL b/c of all the talent there, 2 yrs @ 500K) or maybe B. Sterling in STL (a quick playoff exit may mean he doesn't get resigned - say, 2 yrs @ 1.2M) OR B. Yip from NSH (they may not resign him but he can be a solid 3rd liner with production potential; say 1 yr @ 700K).

Even with these UFA, we're still 3-4 wins from a playoff spot. We over achieved last year, likely because of the fan base. This year could be tough. Game changers that lead us to the postseason would be Z. Parise but he's not going anywhere. S. Doan isn't going anywhere. T. Selanne isn't going anywhere BUT Olli Jokinen could be a surprise pickup. We could likely get him for 3.5M or so for 3 years (he wants a longer term deal b/c he'll be 34). He is extremely undervalued for his production. He could center our third line and provide much needed scoring. He averages 50-60 pts a year. He's getting older but he'd be our immediate solution to getting to the playoffs.


just some thoughts ...
Your handing Scheifele 1st line center after he hasn't proven anything? Scheifele needs another year in the OHL, there is no point in rushing him when he clearly isn't ready. He couldn't even get on the ice in St. Johns, but he's going to be out 1st line center next year?

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #106
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 131
Well this will be fun.

Lineup 1 Here is my favored lines for next season with current roster.

1) Ladd - Little -Wheels - Try it again for the first part of the season
2) Kane - Welly - Machacek - Try it out for some chemestry and hope Welly performs
3) Telegin - Burmi - Antro - Try an all russian line for Burmi to work with
4) Slater- Cormier - Thor - Center position can flop between Corm/Slates; a checking line with talent.
Call ups- Glass/Max/ Mittens

1) Bogo/Entsrom - Bogo is more reliable defensively
2) Buff/Stuart - Stuart to cover for Buff + two big bodies
3) Hains/Postma - Giving Postma a chance
Alt: Clit/Kulda

1)Pavs
2)Mason

Lineup 2 Based on Free Agency droppings and signings.

Players not resigned by Wpg or sent to Waivers

Fehr Wellwood Stapleton Glass Jones Flood Mason Slater

FWDS

1) Ladd - Little - Wheels - Wont change this till its broken

2) Kane - Jokinen (UFA) - Machuk - Much needed Vetern leadership for team and Off. ability

3) Telegin - Burmi - Boyes (UFA) - Boyes at a much reduced rate....Just like Welly he was productive and has fallen off....maybe our management can help light a fire under his ass like they did for Welly.

4) Tootoo (UFA) - Cormier - Thor - Giving Cormier a chance and upgrading from a combo of slater and glass to Tootoo who hits/fights and has put up great number this past season. Dropping of Glass/Slater should hopefully compensate as I believe Slater will be way over paid for in the offseason.

on deck for FWDs - Antro/Mitts/Max

DMEN

1) Bogo/Buff - Bogo to back up Buff and both can lay into the body

2) Enstrom/Carle (UFA) - A well rounded Pair that offer both Off. and Def responsiblility

3) Postma/Stuart

ALT D: Hains/Kulda/Clit

1)Pavs

2)Hedberg - Obvious choice given history with Moose/Thrashers and a decent back up who has a ton of experience.



As for trades..... I will not touch that with a 10 foot stick as anything can happen.

To weight in on the Couts/Burmi debate. I am going to have to say Couts has so much more upside (based on what I have watched from his rookie year) as a Def force once he grows into his 6'4 frame...............that being said I think Burmi has a better Off upside if he can get his **** together and find his game.

Realize I am giving Tele a pretty big bump here but I dont see why not..he is productive and I would like to give him a shot


Last edited by Ziggy66: 05-27-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:53 AM
  #107
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
(...)

.....that being said I think Burmi has a better Off upside if he can get his **** together and find his game.
Give him a compass, and tape over the E and W. That should help him find his game.

On topic: In your 2nd proposal, I'd swap Bogo and Enstrom personally - Enstrom with Bogo, Carle with Buff.

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:58 AM
  #108
km204
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Well this will be fun.

Lineup 1 Here is my favored lines for next season with current roster.

1) Ladd - Little -Wheels - Try it again for the first part of the season
2) Kane - Welly - Machacek - Try it out for some chemestry and hope Welly performs
3) Telegin - Burmi - Antro - Try an all russian line for Burmi to work with
4) Slater- Cormier - Thor - Center position can flop between Corm/Slates; a checking line with talent.
Call ups- Glass/Scheif/Max/ Mittens

1) Bogo/Entsrom - Bogo is more reliable defensively
2) Buff/Stuart - Stuart to cover for Buff + two big bodies
3) Hains/Postma - Giving Postma a chance
Alt: Clit/Kulda

1)Pavs
2)Mason



Scheifele can't be a callup, he's either in the OHL or NHL. How do people posting on a hockey forum not understand simple things like this.

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:06 AM
  #109
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Give him a compass, and tape over the E and W. That should help him find his game.

On topic: In your 2nd proposal, I'd swap Bogo and Enstrom personally - Enstrom with Bogo, Carle with Buff.
Yes I was running that combo through my head as well. I went with my gut. I feel that Bogo can provide enough effective D coverage for Buffs sporadic rushes and both would be able to provide offence.

With Enstrom and Carle I feel that both are puck moving Dmen with offencive potential. I know we all feel that Enstrom was bullied in his own end....from my perspective his partner also left him hanging out to dry alot with a bunch of 2 on 1s etc or no D to D outlet etc....I regress... in saying that....Matt Carle is a good size dman who plays a very effective Defencive game, also plays big for his size (6ft, 200+ pnds) and would be just as effective as Bogo paired with Enstrom.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:07 AM
  #110
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by km204 View Post


Scheifele can't be a callup, he's either in the OHL or NHL. How do people posting on a hockey forum not understand simple things like this.
Sorry I will fix that up for you if it makes you feel better Got caught up in the moment of a lot of guys I want to see play on the team...no big deal.

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:16 AM
  #111
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 47,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
Schiefele and 1st round pick to Edmonton for their 1st round pick.
because there is such a drop off after number 3--While I see Schiefele has an upside, Number 9 this year is going to be a long term project, From the oilers perspective I would like someone who could enter the team sooner then later and in a position that they need more desperately--they have Nuge and center already, making Schiefele their number 2 or 3 if Gagner is still around (for all the hate the oilers base has for him he is not a bad player)

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:58 PM
  #112
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Kane Zajac Wheeler
Ladd Little Antropov
Wellwood Burmi Mitts
Mach Slater Thor
Cormier, Klingberg

Buff Stuart
Hainsey Bogo
Postma Kulda
Clits, Meech

Pavs
Mason

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
  #113
Lynk
Registered Bro
 
Lynk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 15,536
vCash: 500
Well this thread has brought quite the lulz in an otherwise boring time.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:06 PM
  #114
voyageur
Registered lunatic
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: negotiable
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Trades: Hainsey for Cody Franson; Postma for Alexander Urbom; Thorburn and 2nd rd pick for Valteri Filppula

Waivers: Miettenen

RFAs resigned: Pavelec, Kane, Machacek, Kulda, Maxwell

UFAs resigned: Wellwood, Glass (3 year deal), Stapleton (2 yr), Flood, Meech

UFAs signed: Jordin Tootoo, Jared Smithson, Johan Hedberg


Lines:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Kane-Filppula-Machacek

Glass-Antropov-Wellwood

Maxwell-Smithson-Tootoo

Enstrom-Bfuglien

Stuart-Bogosian

Kulda-Franson

Pavelec
Hedberg

Reserves
Stapleton, Clitsome, and a battle for the final spot between Gagnon, who has the advantage with his one-way contract, Flood, and Meech

Maybe Telegin-Cormier-Burmistrov to start the year in St. John's, a good camp by Burmi would obviously alter the roster (I would prefer him in Antropov's spot) O'Dell and Klingberg could also get looks, and Flood, Meech, Urbom, and Melchiori makes the d 11 deep.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:39 PM
  #115
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,745
vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Trades: Hainsey for Cody Franson; Postma for Alexander Urbom; Thorburn and 2nd rd pick for Valteri Filppula

Waivers: Miettenen

RFAs resigned: Pavelec, Kane, Machacek, Kulda, Maxwell

UFAs resigned: Wellwood, Glass (3 year deal), Stapleton (2 yr), Flood, Meech

UFAs signed: Jordin Tootoo, Jared Smithson, Johan Hedberg

(...)
Did someone put concrete shoes on Slater and throw him over the railing at Sal's on the Red?

YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:19 PM
  #116
Primetimey
Registered User
 
Primetimey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcanuck View Post
1) No New Signings/Trades

Kane - Scheifele - Wheeler
Scheifele put up one assist in in ten AHL playoff games. Yet, he is all of a sudden ready for FIRST LINE NHL DUTY. Please give your head a shake.

Primetimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
  #117
Ziggy66
Registered User
 
Ziggy66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Killarney, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,363
vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Did someone put concrete shoes on Slater and throw him over the railing at Sal's on the Red?
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.........1.5 a year 2way over 3 and a private booth at the Sal's" - Don Corleone

Ziggy66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:33 PM
  #118
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Egypt
Posts: 22,917
vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Well this thread has brought quite the lulz in an otherwise boring time.
Yeah... Scheifele on the 1st line? Burmi in the AHL? These can't be serious thoughts...

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:44 PM
  #119
WJG
Running and Rioting
 
WJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Ireland
Posts: 12,568
vCash: 500
I do think that, unless Chevy has no plans to bring back Wellwood, Slater, Glass or Stapleton, they will need to make a move or two at forward.

Right now, assuming everyone re-signs (and you could make a case for all of the above), the lines would look like:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood
Fehr-Antropov-Miettinen
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Cormier-Maxwell-Machacek
Stapleton

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:03 AM
  #120
voyageur
Registered lunatic
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: negotiable
Country: Canada
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Did someone put concrete shoes on Slater and throw him over the railing at Sal's on the Red?
If I excluded Slater it was a compliment. It would be Fehr to say that Slater is the most coveted of all our UFAs, in a restricted market I could see him garner at least a $2 mill per year contact, given his defensive proficiencies...Given that the Jets are still building, such a contract from a legitimate Stanley Cup contender would have a lot of weight, I think. Would love to keep him, but I think it will be a difficult venture.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  #121
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,105
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
C'mon Huffer, you know you're selling him short when you say that. He is wayyyy too talented to be in the AHL for next season. Three totals years in the OHL at most is what he would've done.

I'll comment on some other posts as far as line-ups go later. I'm too drunk right now to take the time. lol
I hear ya Duke, I think Burmi has tonnes of talent. I really am excited to see what he can become in a few years.

But my comment on him playing two more years in junior and then a year in the AHL was in regards to if he was in the Detroit or Nashville organization. Detroit still has Tatar in Grand Rapids and he's put up a couple of back to back 24 goal seasons and played in 2 World Championships.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:02 AM
  #122
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
Trades: Hainsey for Cody Franson; Postma for Alexander Urbom; Thorburn and 2nd rd pick for Valteri Filppula

Waivers: Miettenen

RFAs resigned: Pavelec, Kane, Machacek, Kulda, Maxwell

UFAs resigned: Wellwood, Glass (3 year deal), Stapleton (2 yr), Flood, Meech

UFAs signed: Jordin Tootoo, Jared Smithson, Johan Hedberg


Lines:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler

Kane-Filppula-Machacek

Glass-Antropov-Wellwood

Maxwell-Smithson-Tootoo

Enstrom-Bfuglien

Stuart-Bogosian

Kulda-Franson

Pavelec
Hedberg

Reserves
Stapleton, Clitsome, and a battle for the final spot between Gagnon, who has the advantage with his one-way contract, Flood, and Meech

Maybe Telegin-Cormier-Burmistrov to start the year in St. John's, a good camp by Burmi would obviously alter the roster (I would prefer him in Antropov's spot) O'Dell and Klingberg could also get looks, and Flood, Meech, Urbom, and Melchiori makes the d 11 deep.
I would love Filppula, but really? THorburn and a second? the guy would have been our highest scorer last year, this is just jokes right? 66 points for a fourth liner and a second? you might get him for a thor's and a first....might..

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
  #123
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
The only way Burmistrov should be playing in the AHL next year is if there's a work stoppage. Can he be sent to the AHL if there's a work stoppage?

He should've been sent back to the OHL after he was drafted, but it's too late for that now. He'd best develop in the NHL at this point.

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:19 AM
  #124
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,717
vCash: 1350
I don't buy into the blanket argument that Burmistrov would simply develop best at this point if left in the NHL. He has top six talent but may be relegated to the lower lines, at least that is the risk based upon his erratic play last season.

In the AHL he'd get #1 line duty meaning increased responsibilities, #1 power play time, all the time on ice he could handle in fact. That is how a player improves at this point in his career, by taking on an increased role.

Forty games or more of increased responsibility in the AHL versus the possibility of a lesser role in the NHL during the same time frame.... not so sure his game would suffer at all in the AHL under the above scenario. The NHL is not a developmental league.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:29 AM
  #125
trebendan
Registered User
 
trebendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Players do develop while in the NHL, though. Evander Kane is a good example.

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.