Jets 2012-2013 lineup

Old
05-30-2012, 09:28 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Honestly...neither should be on a playoff contender. People always talk about Glass and Miettienen being solid veterans with consistent play, but BOTH of them struggled with the simply plays you expect out of rookies, never mind veterans in things such as clearing the puck out and making a pass to the center from the wing for the breakout. Glass was fearless on the PK making him valuable there, but honestly I felt he was very weak defensively in getting the puck out and covering his man (made some nice blocks, but needed to be much better). Miettenen was BY FAR the worst on the team at getting the puck out, did not cover his guy well, did not block shots, did nothing defensively and I think we all know about his offensive struggles until we were eliminated. So two weak defensive guys, that add very little offense, not sure why either should be back in WPG next year. Glass adds a little energy (not consistent enough, IMO), a bit of decent PK, but that's it, whereas Miettienen adds just a tiny bit of offense. Both are not good defensively (I will take heat for saying Glass is bad defensively, but watch him closely in his own end, he sucks at getting the puck out, making the pass to the center, eliminating his D, etc, A desperate shot block here and there does not make up for that), both add very little elsewhere (Glass a tiny bit of energy, Miettienen a tiny bit of offense). I hope we have found improvements on both for the start of 2012-13.
You're not disagreeing with me at all...
In my mind Mittens is an OK 13th (not good) and G/T from GST are highly replacable with more capable deffensive/energy forwards.

Last edited by garret9: 05-30-2012 at 09:53 AM.
garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:59 AM
IceCapsFanNL

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be counting on Klingberg any time soon. He basically disappeared the second half of the season. He will really need to up his game and be consistant for a whole season, before I'd have any faith on his ability to contribute at the NHL level.

IceCapsFanNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerin View Post
Of course i dont expect the Jets to sign all the players but below is a couple i think they should go after. Harding and Parenteau are the the ones i would least likely expect them sign, but Harding is a great young goalie with tons of potential and would work well as a 1a/1b job with Pavelec. than Parenteau is a very good underrated playmaker but i would expect NYI to be able to re-sign him. I expect Calgary to make changes after there couple of unsuccessful season and will let some players go to make room, Jokinen can be a good fit in 2nd/3rd line C and Hannan is a reliable Dman, than Hudler will not be signing back in Detriot he's a decent sniper a shouldnt take to much cap space he was playing the point on the red wings powerplay. I dont expect the jets to make any big trades so i didnt bother

Jokinen, Olli C
Hudler, Jiri L
Parenteau, P-A R
Hannan, Scott D
Harding, Josh G

Kane Little Wheeler
Ladd Antropov Parenteau
Hudler Burmi Machacek
Mittens Slater Thorburn
Cormier/Stapleton

Byfuglien Enstrom
Stuart Bogosian
Hannan Clitsome/Flood
Hainsey

Pavelec/Harding

If Parenteau re-signs than instead go after Jokinen, put Burmi or Hudler in Parenteau's spot than Antropov or Jokinen on 2nd or 3rd line. and if they dont get Harding they can always sign Clemmensen

Kane Little Wheeler
Ladd Antropov/Jokinen Burmi/Hudler
Hudler/Burmi Antropov/Jokinen Machacek

I dunno about giving Stuart 2nd pairing minutes... he doesn't tend to excell well there
but I'd be down for the rest

Old
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Just as a note, Jarett Stoll had his best seasons of his career in Edmonton and it's not even close. He was a legitmate 2nd line center for a year or two in Edmonton pre-concussion(68pts + 39pts in 51gp), he is a decent 3rd line center in LA at best (never more than 47pts, adds little other than faceoffs). As somebody who has watched him extensively both pre and post concusion (as LA fan and living in EDM 05-09) I can tell you he was never the same.
Totally agree with this. I haven't watched him a tonne with LA, but he was really rounding into a fantastic 2 way 2C with Edmonton. He did it all, and did it with smarts. The concussion really derailed him and IMHO he's never been the same.

05-30-2012, 11:49 AM
KingSalamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I dunno about giving Stuart 2nd pairing minutes... he doesn't tend to excell well there
but I'd be down for the rest
Agreed... he's ideal in the 3rd pairing.

Where I would raise an eyebrow on the defense is having Hainsey as the 7th dman.. I think he's getting $4.5 M so he either gets played (maybe in Stuart's spot and moving Stewie to 3rd pair) or he gets traded.

TNSE will not have Hainsey's $$$ sitting in the press box.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:26 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Agreed... he's ideal in the 3rd pairing.

Where I would raise an eyebrow on the defense is having Hainsey as the 7th dman.. I think he's getting $4.5 M so he either gets played (maybe in Stuart's spot and moving Stewie to 3rd pair) or he gets traded.

TNSE will not have Hainsey's $$$ sitting in the press box.
Well there's no need to too when at worst he's our #4 defenseman right now. He can play heavy minutes each night against good competition.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
KingSalamon

Agree with that... I think his contract makes people think that he's supposed to be a scoring machine. I like this idea for defense:

Buff and Toby
Hainsey and Bogo
Stuart and Clitty

That way you have a healthy mix of offense and defense in each pairing. Clitty and Stuart would be a nice pairing IMO. Both can take the body and Clitty has some offensive skills from what I read.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Well there's no need to too when at worst he's our #4 defenseman right now. He can play heavy minutes each night against good competition.
Exactly.

Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:02 PM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Hainsey cap hit is 4.5 million but actual dollars paid in his last year of his contract is 3 million...........Lower cap teams just trying to reach the cap floor would trade for this guy.......he a servicable 3rd 4th or 5 th vetern defenceman on most NHL teams.....If we can get value trade him at the entry draft( to make room for Postma) or trade him at the deadline for picks (same kind of deal as Oduya)

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Guerzy
Global Moderator

Trading Hainsey to make room for Postma or any other unknown defensive prospect wouldn't be too wise in my opinion. Hainsey is a safe bet to occupy top 4 minutes, that can't be said for anybody on our blueline other than Enstrom, Bogosian and Byfuglien at this point in time, and nobody in our system is proven enough to hand a top 4 spot to. And if we're going to have Postma on the team, it will in all likelihood be in a bottom pairing role to ease him in, in which he could play with a reliable guy such as Stuart.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

When it comes to our line up next year I am most curious to see what pleasant suprise we might be in store for? Last year we had Kane getting 30 goals, Bogosian stepping up and coming of age, and Wellwood exceeding expectations as a cheap UFA. We also had key injuries that hurt us to Toby and Hainsey and also had guys like Fehr and Mitts no show.

What will this year bring?? does Kane take a shot at 40? does Wheeler build on last year and put up 70 points? what free agents do we sign or trades do we pull off and how will they impact us.

here would my #1 best stretch suprise.......Ivan Telegin blows everyone's doors off in training camp and forces his way onto the 2nd line at right wing (or centre) and a FA fills the other spot on that line and they light it up. Telegin has the game to hang with Kane and the dynamic duo have chemistry and start terrorizing other teams with their speed and skill. Telegin pulls a Henrique and goes north of 50 points and is in the mix for NHL rookie of the year

how cool would it be to look back next year at this time and say that

Last edited by ps241: 05-30-2012 at 02:21 PM.
ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Dream # 2 Burmistrov breaks out and posts his first 20 goal season and adds 30 assists to break the 50 point mark and fill the 2nd line centre roll by merit! by next year at this time the young Russian is the new top undervalued Jets asset that gets most actively shopped for scrubs on HF trade rumors board by other teams value hunting trolls.

also Telegin goes north of 50 points on the Ice caps while playing in the top 6 and Scheifele dominates in juniors and plays a leading roll on our WJ team leading them back to gold.

Our number 1 draft pick goes back to juniors and exceeds expectations rendering the we should have drafted such and such crowd silent!

Last edited by ps241: 05-30-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Huffer

I would be fine with all of those dreams PS.

Especially if you combined #1 and and 1st part of #2. You've just created an actual 2nd line. You might want to put Ladd on it instead of Kane to increase the experience, but that would be a legit 2nd line.

What's the Vegas odds on that???

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I would be fine with all of those dreams PS.

Especially if you combined #1 and and 1st part of #2. You've just created an actual 2nd line. You might want to put Ladd on it instead of Kane to increase the experience, but that would be a legit 2nd line.

What's the Vegas odds on that???
Probably slimmer than the Jets winning the cup but that is the great thing about high talent prospects.....now and then it happens and they have those big breakthroughs. Honestly, I would be thrilled if my scenario for Telegin happens the following season after a year in St John's. He is our consumte plus one prospect based on where we took him in the draft if he ever reaches our top 6 and plays with impact it would be a game changer.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Probably slimmer than the Jets winning the cup but that is the great thing about high talent prospects.....now and then it happens and they have those big breakthroughs. Honestly, I would be thrilled if my scenario for Telegin happens the following season after a year in St John's. He is our consumte plus one prospect based on where we took him in the draft if he ever reaches our top 6 and plays with impact it would be a game changer.
Totally agree. If Telegin was able to continue his development arc in the AHL for a year, and if Scheifele was able to take a huge step in junior this year as well, those two alone being added to the roster in 2013 would be great for us.

Big if's, but nice to dream about.....

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Totally agree. If Telegin was able to continue his development arc in the AHL for a year, and if Scheifele was able to take a huge step in junior this year as well, those two alone being added to the roster in 2013 would be great for us.

Big if's, but nice to dream about.....
Yea Huffer I think we can see how expensive the UFA's are going to be this summer and it is so much more appealing when gaps are filled by growth via prospects pushing their way into the limelight or the natural growth of top prospects like Kane and Bogo last season and hopefully a big boost by Burmi, Telegin, and Scheif this year.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:55 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

dream #3 we get Enstrom inked to a long term deal and he establishes himself as the top Jets Defenseman amount winnipeg based fans with a career year of 55 points playing along side Bogosian who takes a big step forward Getting 45 points and there is widespread talk that he will be Competeing for the Norris with Doughty at some point soon intensifying the debate between Holden Guerzy and I ...... Blues 10 and Gump design and develop a smaller is better Toby T shirt and it is a raging success as a side project. Toby invites them to Vegas next summer to celebrate

Postma becomes a regular on our blueline and fills the 2nd unit PP and starts to look like he may fit in the top 4 at some point. that combined with the aquisition of Barret Jackman opens up options for moving Buff for value.

Trouba falls to us in the draft and next season in collage and on the US junior team he proves we got the gem of the draft and our future begins to look very bright on Defense with a perfect blend of veterans and youth.

Last edited by ps241: 05-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Dream 4
We have a magical 1st line C with playoff experience who wants to sign for us with a discount (hometown Toews? lawl), Cormier/Mach prove their worth as NHL top 4th liners (in addition to all your previous dreams but I'm keeping Buff) and 2013-14 line up:
Kane - Toews (ya right) - Wheeler
Ladd -Burmi - Little
Tele - Shief - Antro
Cormier - Slater - Mach
Enstrom - Bogo
Jackman - Buff
Hainsey - Postma

BAHAHAHA

Dreams can happen right? What are the chances of all that? 1 : 1x10^infinity?
K we're dreaming too much here...

Old
05-30-2012, 07:37 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1126
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Agree with that... I think his contract makes people think that he's supposed to be a scoring machine. I like this idea for defense:

Buff and Toby
Hainsey and Bogo
Stuart and Clitty

That way you have a healthy mix of offense and defense in each pairing. Clitty and Stuart would be a nice pairing IMO. Both can take the body and Clitty has some offensive skills from what I read.
I disagree. If the Jets do nothing else next year, I hope they pair Enstrom and Bogo on the # 1 unit. IMO the Jets need to start playing a more conventional (ie. responsible) defense and this won't happen if we go with basically status que from last season. Again IMO you would see a big bounce back season from Enstrom and another huge leap forward by Bogo if they were paired together.

Personally I don't see the Jets moving forward if Buff is allowed to play another season as a rover, and you force Toby to be his baby sitter.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:28 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
I disagree. If the Jets do nothing else next year, I hope they pair Enstrom and Bogo on the # 1 unit. IMO the Jets need to start playing a more conventional (ie. responsible) defense and this won't happen if we go with basically status que from last season. Again IMO you would see a big bounce back season from Enstrom and another huge leap forward by Bogo if they were paired together.

Personally I don't see the Jets moving forward if Buff is allowed to play another season as a rover, and you force Toby to be his baby sitter.
Totally agree Buff needs to start playing defence even if that means he only gets 35-40 points.The most frustrating part about it is that he is totally capable,he played his best hockey last year right after first injuring his knee which forced him to sit back and play simple hockey and he in turn was really effective and mistake free for the most part.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:51 PM
PaperRockChamp

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Burmistrov-Semin
Miettinen-Antropov-Fehr
Cormier-Slater-Machacek

Byfuglien-Bogosian
Enstrom-Hainsey
Clitsome-Stuart

PaperRockChamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Diggyjets
Rookie User

All of those dreams are nice! But impossible. There is nicest sheifele blows u away next year. It gonna be a slow and steady 4 or 5 year journey to The 2nd line tops. And thata because he to soft to play bottom 6. So he has to go somewhere

There is no way he blows us away.

Diggyjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
ps241
2.6% chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggyjets View Post
All of those dreams are nice! But impossible. There is nicest sheifele blows u away next year. It gonna be a slow and steady 4 or 5 year journey to The 2nd line tops. And thata because he to soft to play bottom 6. So he has to go somewhere

There is no way he blows us away.
DiggyCenafrustratedjets that's the great thing about the future for those of us that are less tapped into it than you......we can always hope

happy Jets 2.0 birthday tomorrow to you and our other brothers and sisters on the board.

Old
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
DiggyCenafrustratedjets that's the great thing about the future for those of us that are less tapped into it than you......we can always hope
I lol'd.

Lynk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Diggyjets
Rookie User

Quote:

happy Jets 2.0 birthday tomorrow to you and our other brothers and sisters on the board.

Happy jets bday to you as well!

It's ok to think and hope that mark will be a superstar. But it's not ok to be a realist and base his future on his non impressive junior career and 1 assist in 9 ahl games. Kane on the other hand I can see gettin 40 next year. Wheeler 80 points. Those are not impossible

Diggyjets is offline   Reply With Quote