HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Penner to your team.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:42 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
HE doesn't hold much value IMO. He trys to re-sign in LA but they don't offer him the money wants and so walks to whoever gives him 4.5-5m per.
Hell the walk he would run there lol There no way in hell he gets a offer that high. The best he ll get is 3 millon and that won't be from the kings imo.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Hell the walk he would run there lol There no way in hell he gets a offer that high. The best he ll get is 3 millon and that won't be from the kings imo.
I'd be happy to give him 3 million to play in Edmonton.

Like someone said earlier, he's already shown what he can do here and we could really use some more skill with size up front. (As small as he plays, he's still a big guy.)

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
Geez. We got a bunch of comedians in here.

Seriously, I hope the Oilers make him an offer in July. I don't think LA has the cap space to re-sign him. But I would offer him a 2-years at 3.25M. He's shown what he can do in Edmonton.
This makes no sence as la has over 10 millon (proberly more) penner stoll fraser and parse all coming off the books plus the expected raise of the cap.The have alot of room to sign him if thats what they want. Depending on what they want to do with Quick and if they decide to open up the bank to parise. Either way they proberly will try to get him to sign somewhere around 2.5 millon for one year if they decide parise is too expensive.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:52 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
I'd be happy to give him 3 million to play in Edmonton.

Like someone said earlier, he's already shown what he can do here and we could really use some more skill with size up front. (As small as he plays, he's still a big guy.)
well thats up to u but I don't think it would be in edmontons best interest to sign him. You need the spot to have mvp or Hartikainen or omark or other propects on the left side.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
oilersfan11

vCash: 50
Offer him nothing because the guy is very inconsistent.

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:02 PM
SpezDispenser

Sens will be in on this I would think. Murray and him go back, he's already tried to acquire him once.

Unless he stays in LA or Anaheim.

I'll say 3 X 3 to the Sens. Maybe 3.5 X 3.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe this year?

Quote:
well thats up to u but I don't think it would be in edmontons best interest to sign him. You need the spot to have mvp or Hartikainen or omark or other propects on the left side.
I have this lineup in mind.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Penner-Horcoff-Pajaarvi
Hartikainen-Belanger-Jones

Eager

Omark is done in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned. I would also be perfectly willing to send Hartikainen and/or Pajaarvi back to the minors if they don't seem comfortable.

As soon as any injury happened I'd bump Harti up in the lineup though I don't mind him getting 4th line minutes for just his first full year in the NHL. Unfortunately this leaves Lander in the minors but with Belanger and Horcoff taking up room at centre I can't fit him in.

Eager and Jones can swap in and out depending on how they're playing. They both seem to be streaky.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Kamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
An all expense feast at ihop and we got a deal
It would be more economical to give him 5 mil/year

Kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
I have this lineup in mind.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Penner-Horcoff-Pajaarvi
Hartikainen-Belanger-Jones

Eager

Omark is done in Edmonton as far as I'm concerned. I would also be perfectly willing to send Hartikainen and/or Pajaarvi back to the minors if they don't seem comfortable.

As soon as any injury happened I'd bump Harti up in the lineup though I don't mind him getting 4th line minutes for just his first full year in the NHL. Unfortunately this leaves Lander in the minors but with Belanger and Horcoff taking up room at centre I can't fit him in.

Eager and Jones can swap in and out depending on how they're playing. They both seem to be streaky.
Oh ok i was thinking Ryan Smyth was a lock to resign .I was also thinking hemsky was also a right wing and couldn't play left. Also thinking Curtis Hamilton was a lock for a bottom six spot See without penner it would give that lander a spot to play but u know ur team better then i do

Old
05-23-2012, 03:30 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe this year?

Quote:
Oh ok i was thinking Ryan Smyth was a lock to resign .I was also thinking hemsky was also a right wing and couldn't play left. Also thinking Curtis Hamilton was a lock for a bottom six spot See without penner it would give that lander a spot to play but u know ur team better then i do
Ya Smyth is an interesting story.

He holds a lot of sentimental value to the team but not much hockey value. Especially with contract talks reportedly not going great, if you look at the situation dispassionately we'd probably be best giving the roster spot to an up and comer.

I have hopes for Hamilton but he still has to prove himself at the AHL level first and I'd rather Lander develop at centre since we could really use some depth there.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

Well if it was me id rather have Smyth over Penner at 3 million or less(which is what the blogger Richard Cloutier said he wanted) He is a better leader type plus he will be gone sooner opening a spot for a kid to make the roster.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:52 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe this year?

Fair enough. Your scenario definitely isn't unreasonable.

Old
05-23-2012, 03:58 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Would like him in Ottawa for 2 years and 6m.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Dr Quincy

Nothing. Do not become overly impressed with one short run of good play.

See Brown, Larry

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 08:51 PM
InvalidUsername

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncredible View Post
With his playoff success and the winning goal sending his team to the finals, what would you offer for him? I think he's definitely staying in LA with the boys but he definitely brought up his stock, what would you trade for him?
Trade? I don't think Penner is the kind of player people trade (rights) for.

As a free agent, I could see him getting Colby Armstrong money, say $3m. I wouldn't mind seeing him with Toronto. They could use his size and power game in the top-nine.

InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:00 PM
sayheykid

Fat, lazy and nearly perpetually unmotivated. A pretty good little playoff run doesn't change any of that for me.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheykid View Post
Fat, lazy and nearly perpetually unmotivated. A pretty good little playoff run doesn't change any of that for me.
This. Penner has bad consistency issues, and the worst thing about it is that when he isn't scoring, he provides NOTHING. He doesn't hit (despite his size, he's not going to kill a penalty, bad defensively, and if he's on your top PP unit something is wrong.

Some of us Duck fans have wanted him back, but his playoff performance probably killed all chances of that as someone will overpay him. IMO term is the issue with Penner, not money. I wouldn't give any type of multi year deal over 2 million, and if someone does, they will regret it almost immediately. I'd like us to go after him after addressing 2nd line center spot, and hopefully it's a 1 year 3 million deal.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:03 AM
iCanada

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Nothing. His consistency is too much of an issue for me. I wouldn't want a player that only turned it on in the playoffs.
Seeing how the Jets(and Thrashers) have a longer playoff drought than my terribad Oilers, I dont blame you fro not wanting a player who is only good in the dance.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:04 AM
santiclaws

Doesn't perform in the regular season? What are you talking about? He's had one terrible year with the Kings, when the whole team couldn't score and the guy was going through a divorce, but he's making up for it in the playoffs. He scored 32 only three seasons ago. Until this season, he only scored less than 20 once in his career and scored 23 or more every other full season in the NHL. Hasn't been hurt much at all, so he should be good for a few more years.

He will pot his normal 23+ goals next season. A lot of teams can use a guy like that. I think you'll be surprised at how much he'll get on the open market.

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote