HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Finals Ticket Info / Pricing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-24-2012, 01:13 PM
  #51
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Great, Justin Bieber tix go on presale now too, so the wait on the phone is insanely long. Thanks alot you little *******! Hope trying online works.
Stupid Justin Bieber!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone gotten through yet?

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:15 PM
  #52
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
My guess is those "type in a word" filters don't do much good anymore.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
  #53
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,271
vCash: 500
nada for me either... I have to think they simply didn't release any tickets.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:21 PM
  #54
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Yeah tried AMEX.. there were plenty of tix all other rounds but this one they must not have released tickets at all. I'm not paying $400 a ticket to sit in the nose bleeds from Stub Hub. I can't imagine there are 7-8k Kings fans that can afford that kind of money for 2+ games. If I'm going to pay $400 to sit in the nose bleeds,might as well spend $600+ and sit in a better seat.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
  #55
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
This is so friggin' lame. Not a single ******* ticket. I might have to submit my body to lab experimentation to pay $400 off stubhub. Not cool at all. The drawbacks of living in Los Angeles...

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:27 PM
  #56
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Personally I'm also disgusted by STHs who sell their tickets on StubHub in principle. I'm sure there are plenty of people who only have STH so they can sell them in the first place, but any fans looking to make a buck makes me sick... unless their kid is sick and they need to pay for chemo or some ****. That's the only excuse.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:28 PM
  #57
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
nada for me either... I have to think they simply didn't release any tickets.
Hopefully because they are saving them for tomorrow and know a STH presale is more important than an AMEX one. At least with STH presales I'm buying for other Kings fans so they can just pay me back face value.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:30 PM
  #58
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
nada for me either... I have to think they simply didn't release any tickets.
How could they have? I had all 4 people in my office on their computer trying to get through, not a SINGLE ticket at ANY price.

This stinks.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  #59
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Personally I'm also disgusted by STHs who sell their tickets on StubHub in principle. I'm sure there are plenty of people who only have STH so they can sell them in the first place, but any fans looking to make a buck makes me sick... unless their kid is sick and they need to pay for chemo or some ****. That's the only excuse.
Yup. I've been e-mailing STHs on Craigslist to try and evoke pathos within them, but they are money-hungry *******s. No go. Disgusting.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:31 PM
  #60
SHO NUFF*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Same story. Started constantly refreshing the page at 9:59, then tried for a single ticket to either game 4 or 6 for 20 minutes straight. No tickets were actually ever made available during this sham of a "presale".

SHO NUFF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
  #61
Dave33
Still smiling
 
Dave33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Hopped on ticketmaster presale exactly at 10:00AM. NOT ONE TICKET AVAILABLE for any of the 3 games.

I wonder if they are saving a few for STH member presale tomorrow.
I had a concierge on the phone checking from 9:50 on, and she wasn't able to get me one either. Instead I got ***** by secondary markets. Cannot believe how much I paid. ****!

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
  #62
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
Yup. I've been e-mailing STHs on Craigslist to try and evoke pathos within them, but they are money-hungry *******s. No go. Disgusting.
And not real fans.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
  #63
sweatypickle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
If I'm going to pay $400 to sit in the nose bleeds,might as well spend $600+ and sit in a better seat.
seems to be at least 1k for anything other than 300's... this trip is going to cost me at least 8 grand

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
  #64
123slam
Registered User
 
123slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
What's the going street rate for "special" services in West LA?

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:42 PM
  #65
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Personally I'm also disgusted by STHs who sell their tickets on StubHub in principle. I'm sure there are plenty of people who only have STH so they can sell them in the first place, but any fans looking to make a buck makes me sick... unless their kid is sick and they need to pay for chemo or some ****. That's the only excuse.
There are plenty of brokers with season tix so they have no problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
seems to be at least 1k for anything other than 300's... this trip is going to cost me at least 8 grand
Yeah I'm officially priced out of the market. It is a once in a lifetime experience but I would be literally sick to my stomach if I paid $400 (hell, I rarely buy a plane ticket for more than that) and the Kings lost. It would make me depressed. I'd rather buy a **** ton of beer and get wasted at my estate in Long Beach.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
  #66
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
I had a concierge on the phone checking from 9:50 on, and she wasn't able to get me one either. Instead I got ***** by secondary markets. Cannot believe how much I paid. ****!
Did she see any at least?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:45 PM
  #67
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Yeah I'm officially priced out of the market. It is a once in a lifetime experience but I would be literally sick to my stomach if I paid $400 (hell, I rarely buy a plane ticket for more than that) and the Kings lost. It would make me depressed. I'd rather buy a **** ton of beer and get wasted at my estate in Long Beach.
You only live once and money ain't worth living for.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:47 PM
  #68
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You only live once and money ain't worth living for.
This is my theory with this. I'd rather miss everything for the next 20 years than this.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
  #69
The Butcher
Gutless
 
The Butcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The 5
Country: United States
Posts: 2,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
There are plenty of brokers with season tix so they have no problem with it.



Yeah I'm officially priced out of the market. It is a once in a lifetime experience but I would be literally sick to my stomach if I paid $400 (hell, I rarely buy a plane ticket for more than that) and the Kings lost. It would make me depressed. I'd rather buy a **** ton of beer and get wasted at my estate in Long Beach.
Pretty much this.

Once in a lifetime opportunity but I'm not a millionaire.

I spent 160 on a ticket to game 4 and I went home and went straight to bed. Super depressing to blow a chunk of change like that and get punched in the nuts.

As far as this "presale", I'd like to find a signle person that found tickets today. I'd hate to think it was just a big hoax, but not even a SINGLE ticket? Something's up.

And shame on the LA Kings for doing a raffle for only 10 people per game. I don't know what the reasoning behind this is but it seems like a major disservice to the fans who have been so loyal for so long.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
  #70
Dave33
Still smiling
 
Dave33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
Did she see any at least?
Nope. She checked with a ticket specialist (didn't know those exist) and he said they sometimes just don't have any available but keep the presale anyway, which makes no sense.

Agreed about the money viewpoints, but it still hurts

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
  #71
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
This is my theory with this. I'd rather miss everything for the next 20 years than this.
I'm just glad I still live in LA.

I made a vow years ago that if and when the Kings got the Cup finals, it didn't matter where I was in the world or what I was doing, I was dropping it to go to the games. Of course that now means I'm flying to New York on Tuesday for game 1, but HEY! **** it and **** everything else there is nothing else besides eating to survive that I would rather spend money on.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:56 PM
  #72
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 33,300
vCash: 500
Eh, I pretty much expected this to happen. These pre-sales seem like a hoax. They are immediately sold out, so I'm imagining that very few tickets were released for the pre-sale. Not feeling any more confident on being able to snatch tickets when they are released for the public.

Maybe I should check the classified section in the LA Times for tickets like I did in '93.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  #73
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
You only live once and money ain't worth living for.
I hear ya.. I live by that philosophy but like I said, I would cringe if I paid to watch them lose. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'll probably find a way to make it happen. I might just buy a single ticket. I'm going to hit up every contact I ahve that has seats for the Kings with a little pity party.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Kings Drummer View Post
Pretty much this.

Once in a lifetime opportunity but I'm not a millionaire.

I spent 160 on a ticket to game 4 and I went home and went straight to bed. Super depressing to blow a chunk of change like that and get punched in the nuts.

As far as this "presale", I'd like to find a signle person that found tickets today. I'd hate to think it was just a big hoax, but not even a SINGLE ticket? Something's up.

And shame on the LA Kings for doing a raffle for only 10 people per game. I don't know what the reasoning behind this is but it seems like a major disservice to the fans who have been so loyal for so long.
Yeah I hear ya.. it was my choice to non-renew my season tickets a few years back and these games wuold have paid for themselves. That was the gamble I took.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  #74
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Eh, I pretty much expected this to happen. These pre-sales seem like a hoax. They are immediately sold out, so I'm imagining that very few tickets were released for the pre-sale. Not feeling any more confident on being able to snatch tickets when they are released for the public.

Maybe I should check the classified section in the LA Times for tickets like I did in '93.
They either released like 5 tickets or they didn't release anything. I was on there for the presale of every other round and there was plenty available. My guess is they didn't release anything. They are going to hoard them and distribute them how they like which is their right. I suppose STH should get first crack since they've been footing the bill. Hopefully that is the case.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:02 PM
  #75
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Nope. She checked with a ticket specialist (didn't know those exist) and he said they sometimes just don't have any available but keep the presale anyway, which makes no sense.

Agreed about the money viewpoints, but it still hurts
Thanks. That's weird.

I got through. Talked to a nice Kings fan named Alisa. Said they'd send me ticket broker information.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.