HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

What did Brown do?

Old
05-23-2012, 09:05 PM
redcard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Didn't read the part about "less dirty" I take it?
Please show us all the hits that make Brown a "slightly less dirty Claude Lemieux."

The comparison is asinine, Brown has led the league in hits since the lockout yet has never even had a disciplinary hearing. He is the cleanest heavy hitter in the game.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:24 PM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkimo View Post
Brown doesn't dive, but he does definitely embellish, which is why after they Smith slash, he got called for it (on one he actually didn't embellish). He chirps a lot, and gets under the other players's skin. He hits hard. And while he gets under the skin of the other team, he almost never lets them get under his skin. He gets them to continue after the whistle but almost never does himself, which adds to the aggravation.
Okay! Okay! He is a DIVER, AN EMBELLISHER, A CHIRPER.
At least he isnt what your whole team is.......golfers!

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:26 PM
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Dustin Brown is the Kings version of Ryan Kesler (before he stepped up the theatrics), he plays a hard nose in your face game and is very good at embelishing to get a call. Brown does dive but so do other players, Kings fans need to get used to their top players being over critisized for everything they do.

Personally I don't "hate" or even "dislike" Dustin Brown, but I don't like a few of the things he does.
Kesler is not even close to Brown, he's like a high school drama student compared to Cpt. America.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
dogyekcoh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Kesler is not even close to Brown, he's like a high school drama student compared to Cpt. America.
Are you talking about talent wise? Yes, I am agreed.

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Wooty

Can someone please post that animated gif of Dustin Brown knocking the living **** out of some idiot because he wouldn't stop stickhandling after his team was caught cheating at the blue line?

What an idiot stickhandling when his team got caught trying to cheat by sneaking over the blue line. They blew the whistle and everything.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:41 PM
VinnyC
trust in linden CREW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogyekcoh View Post
Are you talking about talent wise? Yes, I am agreed.
That's true, can't even compare their drama skills.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:26 PM
rcc

why does everyone hate brown? because he's a pain in the ass. he agitates the other team but doesn't get into dirty stuff after the whistles. he throws punishing hits that are almost always clean (i say "almost" because, even though i can't think of the dirty ones right now, i'm sure there has to be some in there. nobody's perfect.) and then draws a s*** ton of penalties himself. AND he can score. who isn't going to hate playing against someone like that?

rcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I see thigh on thigh, and shoulder to shoulder.

Results in no penalty, no suspension, no fine. Yea, dirty play

GTFO

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
chill factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I didn't read the rest of the thread but here is my honest opinion. He isn't playing much differently than he has played before. However as long as Kings were a lottery team, everyone loved Brown and those cute little Kings. Now, when Kings are actually one of the top teams in the league, players and fans get frustrated and they started hating the club that they can't beat. Kings have also become number one bandwagon club and 90% of bandwagon fans are terrible, terrible people. Talking BS about other clubs and forgetting where Kings were 4 seasons ago. It's easy for them to forget, because they were Lakers or Penguins fans then.

Bandwagon fans are probably number one reason why all winning franchises in every sport are hated by everyone, together with their star players.

"Oh, look at your crappy Pacioretty, Brown is so much better. You didn't even made the playoffs, you don't know anything about hockey."

With players it's a bit different, it's easy to be a graceful winner. But it takes a real man to not be a sore loser. All teams that Kings have played this offseason showed their dirtiest side, because they were so frustrated by Kings playing so well. St. Louis and Vancouver players (and fans), however, were not sore losers. Phoenix is a different story.
O.K. I'll admit it, I'm a L.A. Kings bandwagon fan......I jumped on in 1991. I saw The Great One when a friends wife didnt want to go to a Calgary vs. Kings game one night. 20 years later, and thru many disappointing seasons, I watch every single game faithfully! Love ya Bob Miller, Jimmy Fox, miss you guys!

chill factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:18 PM
Mattb124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I see thigh on thigh, and shoulder to shoulder.

GTFO
Thigh on thigh, and *elbow* to shoulder. Brown had to reach the elbow out to make upper body contact, but carried an un-naturally wide stance with his legs for a distance before the hit. Kerry Fraser thought a kneeing penalty should have been called and I tend to agree. Brown isn't a dirty player, but I did not like the hit.

Mattb124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Scottkmlps

Don't feed the trolls.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
I don't understand the overwhelming hate I be honest. He embellishes and plays on the edge, but that doesn't make a Marchand (for me and my team). I didn't enjoy the way Doughty acted in that last game but was fine with how Brown held himself. It was a questionable hit and it's bound to happen when you're going for the big hits as a physical player. He's my vote for the Conn Symth for LA. I'll still root for whoever comes out of the east because im a sore loser but I have no ill wishes toward brown.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
topped.

/Back to thread.
Listen, Brown walks a very fine line with his aggressive play and he is a big diver (often). But what's most infuriating is that on top of those 2 things, he's like the ******* UPS company this playoffs... he's ****ing delivering.
So you hold your 30 year old captain to the same standard as a 22 year old Kane? There's a reason Kane doesn't wear a letter. The Sedin dive gif, one of many, is for all the vancouver fans in this thread calling Brown a diver when I've never seen him feign injury the way canuck players do regularly.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
So you hold your 30 year old captain to the same standard as a 22 year old Kane? There's a reason Kane doesn't wear a letter. The Sedin dive gif, one of many, is for all the vancouver fans in this thread calling Brown a diver when I've never seen him feign injury the way canuck players do regularly.
Classic, just classic.
Go on a brown thread, go after sedins. You act as if we don't know that our player dive and embellish and sometimes it's out of hand. That doesn't take away our right to call others divers. We should be the experts on who is a diver by now Now go back to Chicago silly person.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Dave in LA
Chick Magnet

Quote:
I beg to differ.

Last edited by Dave in LA: 05-24-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Dave in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Malakian#13

Send a message via Yahoo to Malakian#13
Quote:
He does fall down, a lot, by himself. Part of the LA Kings drinking game... Take a drink if DB falls down, 2 if there's no one within 5' of him.
Honestly this is the first part I noticed about his game back in 2003.

can't believe they disallowed that goal in was it Detroit? (would have been Browns first goal)

Malakian#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
donkers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Classic, just classic.
Go on a brown thread, go after sedins. You act as if we don't know that our player dive and embellish and sometimes it's out of hand. That doesn't take away our right to call others divers. We should be the experts on who is a diver by now Now go back to Chicago silly person.
Comparing Brown to Kesler is ridiculous though.

donkers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:37 AM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
He does fall down, a lot, by himself. Part of the LA Kings drinking game... Take a drink if DB falls down, 2 if there's no one within 5' of him.
When did it go down from 10' to 5'???

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Classic, just classic.
Again you're missing the point. If vancouver fans are so familiar with dives then why can't they tell the difference between a Sedin or Kesler fake heart attack and Brown falling down to sell a legitimate penalty?

Brown takes more cheap shots than just about anyone in the league, certainly more than any individual I've seen take in a single post season run since the early 90s (and continue to play). If he falls down from time to time following a slash to the legs does it really warrant the hatred he gets? If all of the biggest divers in the league hadn't already been eliminated no one would be complaining about Brown.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
This is complete and utter bull ****. Every team dives, it's just en vogue to make GIFS of Canucks' players doing it. Doesn't matter about their age or letter, a dive is a dive and every team has players that do it.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:27 PM
DrHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckridesagain View Post
I'm excited about all this. I'm glad his antics has everyone pissed off because all it means is that hes going to have a big target on his back next season.
Which is exactly what he wants. Why do you think he draws so many penalties?

DrHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Ollie Weeks

Like I said. Brown did everything, and now they mad.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Dominic Lavoie

Rosival won't need surgery, knee apparently not "shredded" as Doan claimed

per Phoenix beat writer on twitter:https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/sta...24975263518720
"Maloney said Rozsival is on crutches but doesn't appear to be any structural damage."

#Coyotes D Michal Rozsival has a knee/thigh bruise. No structural damage, GM Don Maloney said. per Craig Custance

Dominic Lavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:19 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Lavoie View Post
per Phoenix beat writer on twitter:https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/sta...24975263518720
"Maloney said Rozsival is on crutches but doesn't appear to be any structural damage."

#Coyotes D Michal Rozsival has a knee/thigh bruise. No structural damage, GM Don Maloney said. per Craig Custance
I guess Doan will have to surrender his medical license.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote