Mikael Granlund Signed to 3-Year Deal

Old
06-08-2012, 04:07 AM
TZM
Par too easy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Man if I could do .gif files I know the perfect image for that...
You can make 'em online easily. Google GIF animator online for example.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:06 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Gotta post this here as well:

Great job again by handello.

Last edited by TZM: 06-08-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Embed
TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt

vCash: 5973
Sweet video.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Sportsfan1

So what's the general consensus on Granlund? Do we have a lot of pessimists like KC about this kid just because of his size and lack of blazing speed or are we giving this kid the benefit of the doubt that he can actually be good?

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
See my Avatar? He's called the FBJ around here!

All Hail the FBJ!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
So what's the general consensus on Granlund? Do we have a lot of pessimists like KC about this kid just because of his size and lack of blazing speed or are we giving this kid the benefit of the doubt that he can actually be good?
It's a little torn over here on the kid. Personally, I'm extremely guarded and wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle early on. My prediction is he plays 10 games and then gets a concussion like the rest of the freaking team.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

^That's because you just expect everyone to get a concussion just because of the Wild sweater though...

Old
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

Knock on wood, woman!

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:18 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
It's a little torn over here on the kid. Personally, I'm extremely guarded and wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle early on. My prediction is he plays 10 games and then gets a concussion like the rest of the freaking team.
GRANLUND'S NOT BOUCHARD!

Well seriously though, i think he'll struggle to and spend some time in Houston next year, but i'm going to hope against hope and assume he will not suffer from concussions, we here in Minny need to catch a break, and i think the kid will stay healthy and learn.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:21 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
GRANLUND'S NOT BOUCHARD!

Well seriously though, i think he'll struggle to and spend some time in Houston next year, but i'm going to hope against hope and assume he will not suffer from concussions, we here in Minny need to catch a break, and i think the kid will stay healthy and learn.
I think you're out of your mind. He won't be in Houston next season. He will be with the Wild from day one, spend the entire season on the NHL roster.

I think he is the Wild's first legit potential Calder Candidate and expect at LEAST a 50pt season from him (likely more) as long as he has a full healthy season.

IMO, the question is if he plays wing or center. I think it's pretty much a consensus that he will start out on the wing, but I could see him playing center by seasons end. Who knows, maybe he blows away the coaching staff and he even plays center from day 1. Not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised by it either.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I think you're out of your mind. He won't be in Houston next season. He will be with the Wild from day one, spend the entire season on the NHL roster.

I think he is the Wild's first legit potential Calder Candidate and expect at LEAST a 50pt season from him (likely more) as long as he has a full healthy season.
If he struggles why not send him down to Houston and let him regain confidence? Like Scandella this year, to me you have Houston, let's utilize if he starts to struggle. I know he'll start with the Wild next year and i'm fine with that, but if he struggles i think Houston and regaining confidence is a fine option.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
^That's because you just expect everyone to get a concussion just because of the Wild sweater though...
If the sweater fits.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

Sending a player like Granlund down to Houston could be a double-edged sword. Could help his confidence, could kill it. He'll have some growing pains- I'd let him play through them.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:26 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
If he struggles why not send him down to Houston and let him regain confidence? Like Scandella this year, to me you have Houston, let's utilize if he starts to struggle. I know he'll start with the Wild next year and i'm fine with that, but if he struggles i think Houston and regaining confidence is a fine option.
Sending him to Houston would strike his confidence in a bad way considering the pressure and expectations everyone in Finland and Minnesota has put on him. It'd hurt him less if he started in Houston and then was called up, but the team won't do that.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:30 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
This is a guy who has played against men since he was 17yrs old. He doesn't need to adjust to that, the only adjustment is the slightly smaller rink... but considering he is at his best with very little time and space, he will make that adjustment just fine in the NHL.

He may have a rough go at times... all rookies do, but this is not a kid coming out of Juniors here, this is a kid coming from a mens league with some real hard hitters.

If ANYONE has ever been NHL ready from their development process, it's Granlund! Let him face the challenge and fight through the rough patches at this point.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
P10p

Don't want him being like Kadri and losing all of his confidence because of struggles in the ahl.

IMO if he struggles its going to be because of the shock of culture. He's commin from Finland, that's quite a change of scenery. I think that will be his biggest obstacle. Adapting to the new lifestyle.

If he struggles I say keep him with the big club. He's a world-class player and will learn to adapt.

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Sportsfan1

As long as he consistently gets top 6 minutes. Question though people, should it be at center or on Koivu's wing?

Wild DESPERATELY need someone to be a 2nd line center next year other then Cullen, no offense, but Wild need an upgrade. Maybe Coyle can be that guy, but i'd prefer to see him develop on the wing.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:36 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Coyle will be in Houston next season... he needs to play against men before he can jump to the NHL IMO. Stepping down and playing against kids didn't help his development any.

As I said, Granlund will LIKELY start on the wing unless he wows the coaches in camp. Otherwise we'd be looking at a late season move to center at the earliest.

Long term though, he will be a center for this team.

Also, don't think you need to worry about Mikael getting top 6 minutes... he's a lock for it. He's also a lock for getting tons of PP time as well IMO.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:39 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
As long as he consistently gets top 6 minutes. Question though people, should it be at center or on Koivu's wing?

Wild DESPERATELY need someone to be a 2nd line center next year other then Cullen, no offense, but Wild need an upgrade. Maybe Coyle can be that guy, but i'd prefer to see him develop on the wing.
Koivu will hopefully be going to the 2nd line after Granlund gets his #@$! together. There's our #1 and #2 centers.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:43 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Koivu will hopefully be going to the 2nd line after Granlund gets his #@$! together. There's our #1 and #2 centers.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Mikko would then move to 2nd line center where he can be an ELITE 2nd line center instead of just an average 1st line center! Granlund has the better puck skills and vision to be a better than average top line center in the long run.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Mikko would then move to 2nd line center where he can be an ELITE 2nd line center instead of just an average 1st line center! Granlund has the better puck skills and vision to be a better than average top line center in the long run.
And we have Zack Phillips as our #3 center when Cullen hangs 'em up and Brodziak can either be a winger in 2nd line or be an elite #4 center.

Our lines in 2-3 years, barring any trades:

Latendresse - Granlund - Zucker
Heatley - Koivu - Setoguchi/Haula
Brodziak - Phillips - Coyle
Bulmer - Powe - Clutterbuck
Kassian

Brodin - Gilbert
Määttä - Spurgeon
Scandella - Kampfer
Prosser/Falk

Hackett
Harding

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Sportsfan1

Granlund can be a top line center? Like Datsyuk, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Girioux, Backes? If he is we're in the Stanley Cup in the next 3 years.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Whoa now, those are raised expectations. And then raised some more.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Granlund can be a top line center? Like Datsyuk, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Girioux, Backes? If he is we're in the Stanley Cup in the next 3 years.
Is that sarcasm? If we make the Stanley Cup in 3 years, I'll make out with Nordy at a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Whoa now, those are raised expectations. And then raised some more.
See, this is what happens when we don't have Doug around to manage them.

Old
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Is that sarcasm? If we make the Stanley Cup in 3 years, I'll make out with Nordy at a game.
So ****ing quoted.

I'll bring the camera.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote