HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Mikael Granlund Signed to 3-Year Deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2012, 04:07 AM
  #426
TZM
Par too easy
 
TZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kerava
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Man if I could do .gif files I know the perfect image for that...
You can make 'em online easily. Google GIF animator online for example.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:06 AM
  #427
TZM
Par too easy
 
TZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kerava
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,885
vCash: 500
Gotta post this here as well:



Great job again by handello.


Last edited by TZM: 06-08-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Embed
TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
  #428
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 5973
Sweet video.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:02 PM
  #429
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
So what's the general consensus on Granlund? Do we have a lot of pessimists like KC about this kid just because of his size and lack of blazing speed or are we giving this kid the benefit of the doubt that he can actually be good?

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
  #430
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
See my Avatar? He's called the FBJ around here!

All Hail the FBJ!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
  #431
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
So what's the general consensus on Granlund? Do we have a lot of pessimists like KC about this kid just because of his size and lack of blazing speed or are we giving this kid the benefit of the doubt that he can actually be good?
It's a little torn over here on the kid. Personally, I'm extremely guarded and wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle early on. My prediction is he plays 10 games and then gets a concussion like the rest of the freaking team.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
  #432
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
^That's because you just expect everyone to get a concussion just because of the Wild sweater though...

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:16 AM
  #433
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Knock on wood, woman!

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:18 AM
  #434
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
It's a little torn over here on the kid. Personally, I'm extremely guarded and wouldn't be surprised to see him struggle early on. My prediction is he plays 10 games and then gets a concussion like the rest of the freaking team.
GRANLUND'S NOT BOUCHARD!

Well seriously though, i think he'll struggle to and spend some time in Houston next year, but i'm going to hope against hope and assume he will not suffer from concussions, we here in Minny need to catch a break, and i think the kid will stay healthy and learn.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:21 AM
  #435
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
GRANLUND'S NOT BOUCHARD!

Well seriously though, i think he'll struggle to and spend some time in Houston next year, but i'm going to hope against hope and assume he will not suffer from concussions, we here in Minny need to catch a break, and i think the kid will stay healthy and learn.
I think you're out of your mind. He won't be in Houston next season. He will be with the Wild from day one, spend the entire season on the NHL roster.

I think he is the Wild's first legit potential Calder Candidate and expect at LEAST a 50pt season from him (likely more) as long as he has a full healthy season.

IMO, the question is if he plays wing or center. I think it's pretty much a consensus that he will start out on the wing, but I could see him playing center by seasons end. Who knows, maybe he blows away the coaching staff and he even plays center from day 1. Not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised by it either.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
  #436
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I think you're out of your mind. He won't be in Houston next season. He will be with the Wild from day one, spend the entire season on the NHL roster.

I think he is the Wild's first legit potential Calder Candidate and expect at LEAST a 50pt season from him (likely more) as long as he has a full healthy season.
If he struggles why not send him down to Houston and let him regain confidence? Like Scandella this year, to me you have Houston, let's utilize if he starts to struggle. I know he'll start with the Wild next year and i'm fine with that, but if he struggles i think Houston and regaining confidence is a fine option.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
  #437
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
^That's because you just expect everyone to get a concussion just because of the Wild sweater though...
If the sweater fits.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:25 AM
  #438
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
Sending a player like Granlund down to Houston could be a double-edged sword. Could help his confidence, could kill it. He'll have some growing pains- I'd let him play through them.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:26 AM
  #439
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
If he struggles why not send him down to Houston and let him regain confidence? Like Scandella this year, to me you have Houston, let's utilize if he starts to struggle. I know he'll start with the Wild next year and i'm fine with that, but if he struggles i think Houston and regaining confidence is a fine option.
Sending him to Houston would strike his confidence in a bad way considering the pressure and expectations everyone in Finland and Minnesota has put on him. It'd hurt him less if he started in Houston and then was called up, but the team won't do that.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:30 AM
  #440
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
If he struggles why not send him down to Houston and let him regain confidence? Like Scandella this year, to me you have Houston, let's utilize if he starts to struggle. I know he'll start with the Wild next year and i'm fine with that, but if he struggles i think Houston and regaining confidence is a fine option.
This is a guy who has played against men since he was 17yrs old. He doesn't need to adjust to that, the only adjustment is the slightly smaller rink... but considering he is at his best with very little time and space, he will make that adjustment just fine in the NHL.

He may have a rough go at times... all rookies do, but this is not a kid coming out of Juniors here, this is a kid coming from a mens league with some real hard hitters.

If ANYONE has ever been NHL ready from their development process, it's Granlund! Let him face the challenge and fight through the rough patches at this point.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
  #441
P10p
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Don't want him being like Kadri and losing all of his confidence because of struggles in the ahl.

IMO if he struggles its going to be because of the shock of culture. He's commin from Finland, that's quite a change of scenery. I think that will be his biggest obstacle. Adapting to the new lifestyle.

If he struggles I say keep him with the big club. He's a world-class player and will learn to adapt.

P10p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
  #442
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
As long as he consistently gets top 6 minutes. Question though people, should it be at center or on Koivu's wing?

Wild DESPERATELY need someone to be a 2nd line center next year other then Cullen, no offense, but Wild need an upgrade. Maybe Coyle can be that guy, but i'd prefer to see him develop on the wing.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:36 AM
  #443
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Coyle will be in Houston next season... he needs to play against men before he can jump to the NHL IMO. Stepping down and playing against kids didn't help his development any.

As I said, Granlund will LIKELY start on the wing unless he wows the coaches in camp. Otherwise we'd be looking at a late season move to center at the earliest.

Long term though, he will be a center for this team.

Also, don't think you need to worry about Mikael getting top 6 minutes... he's a lock for it. He's also a lock for getting tons of PP time as well IMO.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:39 AM
  #444
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
As long as he consistently gets top 6 minutes. Question though people, should it be at center or on Koivu's wing?

Wild DESPERATELY need someone to be a 2nd line center next year other then Cullen, no offense, but Wild need an upgrade. Maybe Coyle can be that guy, but i'd prefer to see him develop on the wing.
Koivu will hopefully be going to the 2nd line after Granlund gets his #@$! together. There's our #1 and #2 centers.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:43 AM
  #445
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Koivu will hopefully be going to the 2nd line after Granlund gets his #@$! together. There's our #1 and #2 centers.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Mikko would then move to 2nd line center where he can be an ELITE 2nd line center instead of just an average 1st line center! Granlund has the better puck skills and vision to be a better than average top line center in the long run.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:52 AM
  #446
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Mikko would then move to 2nd line center where he can be an ELITE 2nd line center instead of just an average 1st line center! Granlund has the better puck skills and vision to be a better than average top line center in the long run.
And we have Zack Phillips as our #3 center when Cullen hangs 'em up and Brodziak can either be a winger in 2nd line or be an elite #4 center.

Our lines in 2-3 years, barring any trades:

Latendresse - Granlund - Zucker
Heatley - Koivu - Setoguchi/Haula
Brodziak - Phillips - Coyle
Bulmer - Powe - Clutterbuck
Kassian

Brodin - Gilbert
Määttä - Spurgeon
Scandella - Kampfer
Prosser/Falk

Hackett
Harding


Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
  #447
Sportsfan1
Registered User
 
Sportsfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: State of Hockey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,836
vCash: 500
Granlund can be a top line center? Like Datsyuk, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Girioux, Backes? If he is we're in the Stanley Cup in the next 3 years.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:53 AM
  #448
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
Whoa now, those are raised expectations. And then raised some more.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:54 AM
  #449
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 10,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Granlund can be a top line center? Like Datsyuk, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Girioux, Backes? If he is we're in the Stanley Cup in the next 3 years.
Is that sarcasm? If we make the Stanley Cup in 3 years, I'll make out with Nordy at a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Whoa now, those are raised expectations. And then raised some more.
See, this is what happens when we don't have Doug around to manage them.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:55 AM
  #450
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,439
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Is that sarcasm? If we make the Stanley Cup in 3 years, I'll make out with Nordy at a game.
So ****ing quoted.

I'll bring the camera.

Puhis is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.