HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Discussion - Part IV (Cap Info in Post 1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaneuf_fan_3 View Post
Whats closer then getting arrested together in Minnesota?

look how happy they look

Old
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
We don't need him till the post season anyway. We have guys who can score. I'd rather get a guy that shows up for the playoffs, than a guy who plays well in the regular season and disappears in the playoffs *cough*Martin*cough*.
I hate that argument for many reasons.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
I hate that argument for many reasons.
Penner would at least be better than signing nobody and putting someone like TK in that spot. Worth what he gets as a UFA? Probably not. Hard to say I can't say I watched him in the regular season much.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:41 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Penner would at least be better than signing nobody and putting someone like TK in that spot. Worth what he gets as a UFA? Probably not. Hard to say I can't say I watched him in the regular season much.
He would be better. But at 4-5M a year it's not worth the upgrade, which would be marginal, IMO.

But I can't say I disagree with what you said. Although I haven't been a big Tangradi fan, I think he'll turn into Penner and it's time for him to get that opportunity.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
He would be better. But at 4-5M a year it's not worth the upgrade, which would be marginal, IMO.

But I can't say I disagree with what you said. Although I haven't been a big Tangradi fan, I think he'll turn into Penner and it's time for him to get that opportunity.
I hate guys like him because why the hell can't he play well more often. oh well.

my off-season plan. sign parise. receive cups.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Jory Rand mentioned that Elliot Friedman (sp?) is reporting that Sidney Crosby will likely sign a 10 year deal with the Pen's, $9mill cap hit, shortly after July 1st. fwiw

Old
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice View Post
Jory Rand mentioned that Elliot Friedman (sp?) is reporting that Sidney Crosby will likely sign a 10 year deal with the Pen's, $9mill cap hit, shortly after July 1st. fwiw
Would be a very, very good deal for both sides. One, Sid gets guarantees if a serious injury occur again. Secondly, we get Sid at a 300K raise as he's entering his prime and the cap continues to go up. Actually, I like the deal more for the Pens if true. That's a freaking bargain.

No doubt due to Sid being the epitome of a team player and wanting to leave a little room for some company on his top-line.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Is that speculation or has that guy been on before? Because if that's true...it's a ****ing awesome day in Pittsburgh.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:02 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I hate guys like him because why the hell can't he play well more often. oh well.

my off-season plan. sign parise. receive cups.
All your cups are belong to us if that happens. People say, "the problem wasn't scoring goals; it was keeping them out of the net." True, but if you can score 2 more goals/game, you don't need to worry about keeping them out of your net

Old
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
mr sidney crosby

I doubt we get parise this offseason every team pretty much is pursuing him.
Breaking news: The blackhawks will be after parise this offseason
so will the:
wild
hurricanes
new york
detroit
theres other teams but thats all off the top of my head i can think off. Unless him and crosby are the best of friends i doubt he'll want to come to the penguins.
I know people always say people wanna come her to win cups, people wanna come her to win cups but yet we never signed a real good free agent in the offseason. We don't have much cap room unless we get rid of dead weight (paul martin) then maybe.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Here's what I can almost guarantee you:

Parise will never sign in MN, and probably not in CAR either.

NY, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh all have a reasonable chance. So do LA, SJ, ANA. I think all three will make an offer. I think Pittsburgh and Chicago would be his preference (on a hunch) but don't be surprised if every team puts an offer in, in which case we might be a bit further down the list. Detroit I'm less worried about because all they can do is throw money at the guy, but they're getting older and who the hell wants to live in Detroit? NY... I dunno. I can't see it but anything's possible.

But he is friends with Sid (or is that BS / people being funny?) and we do have a great facility and great people here and a first class organization (our rep), and we should be a contender next year so ... I look at it this way:

There's better than 50/50 chance he stays in NJ on account of the big cap increase (most likely), but if he goes, we have at least as good a chance as anyone else of signing him, maybe slightly better.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:27 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Here's what I can almost guarantee you:

Parise will never sign in MN, and probably not in CAR either.

NY, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh all have a reasonable chance. So do LA, SJ, ANA. I think all three will make an offer. I think Pittsburgh and Chicago would be his preference (on a hunch) but don't be surprised if every team puts an offer in, in which case we might be a bit further down the list. Detroit I'm less worried about because all they can do is throw money at the guy, but they're getting older and who the hell wants to live in Detroit? NY... I dunno. I can't see it but anything's possible.

But he is friends with Sid (right?) and we do have a great facility and great people here and a first class organization (our rep), so ... I look at it this way:

There's better than 50/50 chance he stays in NJ on account of the big cap increase (most likely), but if he goes, we have at least as good a chance as anyone else of signing him.
Yeah i was thinking that too. But will shero be willing to trade 1 or 2 people to make some cap space in order to sign parise? Could he find a willing trade partner for paul martin and get a decent prospect or late 1st round pick?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Yeah i was thinking that too. But will shero be willing to trade 1 or 2 people to make some cap space in order to sign parise? Could he find a willing trade partner for paul martin and get a decent prospect or late 1st round pick?
As it stands he doesn't need to clear that much room if Cap goes up to 70M+. Clear Kennedy and it should be more than enough. Clearing Martin would be gravy.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:33 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
As it stands he doesn't need to clear that much room if Cap goes up to 70M+. Clear Kennedy and it should be more than enough. Clearing Martin would be gravy.
Yeah, we don't need much this offseason. Just resign nisky and we need another forward. What else am i missing?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
But he is friends with Sid
I hate that argument .

Old
06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

IIRC, Sid and Parise played in Shattuck together. I have heard that they're friends - not that that means anything when it comes to 29 other teams bidding for him, but it may knock 1M off his AAV. Probably dreaming, but what a glorious, sexy dream it is.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:41 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
You won't get Penner's good version until postseason. Maybe second round if you are lucky. No thanks. This guy will be more of a whipping post than Martin.
I would rather have a player that plays like crap all regular season & plays great in the playoffs. I like Penners game despite being fat.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:44 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
IIRC, Sid and Parise played in Shattuck together. I have heard that they're friends - not that that means anything when it comes to 29 other teams bidding for him, but it may knock 1M off his AAV. Probably dreaming, but what a glorious, sexy dream it is.
Friendship can go along way

Old
06-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
IIRC, Sid and Parise played in Shattuck together.
Sid's only season there (02/03) was when Parise started playing at North Dakota. Perhaps there was some skating together in pre-season.... 10 years ago..... when Sid was 14 and Parise 17. BFF....

That's the thing with Crosby. Besides being a fantastic player and rep. for the Pens, Canada and hockey, he also strikes powerful enduring relationships with everyone he meets .

Old
06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post

That's the thing with Crosby. Besides being a fantastic player and rep. for the Pens, Canada and hockey, he also strikes powerful enduring relationships with everyone he meets .
Except Marian Hossa

Old
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg1 View Post
Except Marian Hossa
I miss hossa such a great player.

Old
06-09-2012, 10:53 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Sid's only season there (02/03) was when Parise started playing at North Dakota. Perhaps there was some skating together in pre-season.... 10 years ago..... when Sid was 14 and Parise 17. BFF....

Well, they should be friends if they aren't. They play so similarly

Oh, and nice to see Hossa mentioned here. I'd move anything outside of Sid, Malkin, or Letang for him. Any suggestions?...

Old
06-09-2012, 10:57 PM
mr sidney crosby

Quote:
Well, they should be friends if they aren't. They play so similarly

Oh, and nice to see Hossa mentioned here. I'd move anything outside of Sid, Malkin, or Letang for him. Any suggestions?...
Kunitz, morrow, bennett, and a 1st for marian hossa

Old
06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
Holy overpayment. That's 3 firsts and a top 6 winger.

I'd do Staal+Harrington+1st. Even then Hossa's already getting up there in age and it might not be worth it.

Old
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Vomit. That hurts our future quite a bit. I was thinking Staal + 1st or maybe Bennett. No way would I include Morrow.

So, either Staal + 1st or Staal + Bennett.

Closed Thread