HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this a contender line-up?

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2004, 02:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Is this a contender line-up?

Assuming Hossa become a ligitimate top 6 next season, I personnally think a such line-up could get us very far in the playoffs:

Hossa Koivu Perezhogin

Higgins Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Zednik

Begin Plekanec Wardscratch:sunny, Ivanans

Fourth lines extremmely well balanced.

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Brisebois Bouillon

scratch:Hainsey

Théo
Huet

Old
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Assuming Hossa become a ligitimate top 6 next season, I personnally think a such line-up could get us very far in the playoffs:

Hossa Koivu Perezhogin

Higgins Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Zednik

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Brisebois Bouillon

Théo
Huet
No way Zednik would be on the 3rd line. WIth this line-up, It would be hard to make the playoffs

Old
12-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

I agree with x-bob.

Plus, fans say that with rookies in the lineup for Boston, they're going no where. In your lineup, you have three rookies on the top two lines.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:46 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
I agree with x-bob.

Plus, fans say that with rookies in the lineup for Boston, they're going no where. In your lineup, you have three rookies on the top two lines.
plus Ribeiro and Ryder who have only had 1 good season

Old
12-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Duff88

Quote:

Hossa Koivu Perezhogin

Higgins Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Zednik

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Brisebois Bouillon

Théo
Huet
You realise how young and unexperienced this lineup is :

Hossa, Perezhogin, Ryder, Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek and Hainsey, as talented as they can be, are too young to lead a team far in the playoffs, if they even make it.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Bon Esprit

Zednik a third liner? 4 unprovend wingers on the top two lines? :lol
Not to mention the d-fence. We don`t have 6 d-men that are contender material.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:47 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Zednik can't be in the third line.He has already some consistency problems while playing with Ribs or Saku.Common !

My top 6 would look like this :

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik
Ryder-Ribs-Perezhogin

My d-core would look like this :

Souray-Markov
Brisebois-Rivet
Komisarek-Bouillon

Extra :Hainsey , Cote.

We wouldn't be a contender with this lineup.We need a elite winger who can help Koivu to put the puck in the net (like Kovy).Our d-core is weak too.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:49 PM
TroyM

I don't think that 3 top 6's being rookies is a good idea, but it is such a tough situation to be in for management. They've got Hossa, Perezhogin, Plekanec and Higgins all (in my opinion) ready for a chance in the NHL, and not enough spots to put'em all in. Not to mention 4 rookies in one year would be a much weaker line up. I am anxiously looking forward to seeing what the line up will look like whenever the season does start up again though, should be interesting

Old
12-19-2004, 05:11 PM
sevil

wow when are people going to realize that hossa and hainsey are not going to make this team, they are both spoiled and lazy and that is no where in gaineys plans... ward is there because he works his butt off but hossa and hainsey are not
timmins told me they were both on the trading block last year and nobody wanted hainsey.

Old
12-19-2004, 05:22 PM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil
wow when are people going to realize that hossa and hainsey are not going to make this team, they are both spoiled and lazy and that is no where in gaineys plans... ward is there because he works his butt off but hossa and hainsey are not
timmins told me they were both on the trading block last year and nobody wanted hainsey.
ya im sure timmins told you

Old
12-19-2004, 05:34 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil
I think that Hossa is most probebly gonna be full time on the team once the season starts and that Hansey is gonna be a #6-7 D

Old
12-19-2004, 06:11 PM
eddy

If we sign Kovalev I don't know if we would be a contender even then but a very good team capable of going far, and I'd like to see the lines look somthing like this when the NHL returns.

Forwards:
Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev/UFA
Ryder-Ribeiro-Hossa/Perezhogin
Sundstrom-Bonk-Bulis
Ward-Begin-Higgins
ex.Plekanec

Defence:
Souray-Markov
Komisarek-Brisebois
Hainsey-Rivet
ex.Bouillion

Goalies:
Theodore
Huet

Old
12-19-2004, 06:15 PM
leafaholix*

Perezhogin will not play himself onto the top line.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:16 PM
godblessHabs

Send a message via MSN to godblessHabs
I'm so glad nobody mentioned Dagenais on the lineup, I just can't stand him.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:18 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by godblessHabs
I'm so glad nobody mentioned Dagenais on the lineup, I just can't stand him.
I think that Dags is a very imposrtant layer. If our offence isn't doing to good for a couple of games then I really think a guy like him would fit well.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:19 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
That all depends on just how well our younger players develope at the nhl level, or how well our veterans perform playing with these younger players. In other words, you cant tell by looking at a team on paper. Until that product is put to the test you really have no idea.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:29 PM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
I think that Dags is a very imposrtant layer. If our offence isn't doing to good for a couple of games then I really think a guy like him would fit well.
I don't mind having Dagenias around either he can score goals, but I don't like him as a regular. I think he's great for the filler job on one of the top 2 lines if we go down with injury or just to go in if one of our younger players for example Hossa if he is in the top 6 and not performing scratch him a game or 2 replace with Dags and hopefully teaches Hossa or whoever a lesson to keep working and a bit of an incentive to try and play well to stay in the line-up. I also find Dags is streaky he'll have a good 2-3 games where he pots a few goals but then he'll go forever without getting one so he's not consistent enough for a regualar role.

Old
12-19-2004, 07:40 PM
tritone

Hossa on the first? Zednik on the third?

I would risk Perezhogin on a first line with Koivu for a few games to see if it works but Hossa is not a first liner yet ( he may be a potential first liner ) he still hasn't proven that he can make the cut to the team on a regular basis , why would he get 1st line?

Old
12-19-2004, 07:43 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:

Hossa Koivu Perezhogin

Higgins Ribeiro Ryder

Bulis Bonk Zednik

Souray Komisarek

Markov Rivet

Brisebois Bouillon

Théo
Huet
way too unexperienced.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
I agree with x-bob.

Yeah but all depend of the quality of these rookies and their status... To me both Higgins and Perezhogin will have an immediate impact for us, Higgins is our own Patrice Bergeron while Perezhogin is even more skilled and ready to have a huge impact on an offensive line... As for Hossa, he seems to do very well in the SEL, Hossa doesnt miss much to be an effective top 6 in the NHL... Determination and confidence... What improved at the end of last season in the AHL where he played great on the first line with Perezhogin and Plekanec. As fore Plekanec, the little he played last year in the NHL showed promising... He was'nt a liability at all to contain his man along the board, gave some solid body check and was tough to knock out of the puck... He is a bright two way guy and wont be a liability in the line-up but the opposite. Hainsey will be our 7th D-men. Our kids are gonne be an upgrade over guys like Perreault, Juneau, Dackell...

Old
12-19-2004, 11:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
No way Zednik would be on the 3rd line. WIth this line-up, It would be hard to make the playoffs
Ryder passed Zednik over in the depth chart at right wing last year IMO... Perezhogin > Ryder so...

Old
12-19-2004, 11:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
You realise how young and unexperienced this lineup is :

Hossa, Perezhogin, Ryder, Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek and Hainsey, as talented as they can be, are too young to lead a team far in the playoffs, if they even make it.

I dont think so...

Is Higgins an upgrade over Dagenais? Answering this question is ridiculous.

Is Hossa an upgrade over Bulis on the first line? I think so.. Hossa plays well in both ends of the ice, is bigger, more talended.. We will see about his determination.

Is Plekanec an upgrade over Perreault? Answering this question is ridiculous, Plekanec do have NHL maturity ans is an upgrade in every areas of the game except faceoffs where Plekanec remains a good one.

Perezhogin on the first line will provide us a real first line... Althought inexperimented, I really dont think he will need long to adjust.

At the end of the last season and in the AHL playoffs, the Hossa PLekanec Perezhogin was on fire... What is easy to understand when you have a big skilled winger great to protect the puck along the board + a fiesty skilled playmaker and an elite kid to complete the line... AHL isnt NHL but with Koivu centering the line, I do think we will have an effective first one!

On the second line you have another perfect mix... A gritty heart and soul two way foward with elite quickness and nice package of skills + a smart and ultra creative offensive center controling the paste of the game and a pure goal scorer, solid along the board and at protecting the puck.

On the third line you have the great speed and hustle from Bulis + the big third line center we lacked for years and at the wing to complete this one... Nice shutdown line that can generate some offense as well... The CZE line!

On the fourth line you have the grit and caractere of Begin, the skills and determination of Plekanec and the size of Ward, another effective shut down line.

Hainsey 7th D-Men..

Its not like throwing some unready kids to save some money like some other organisations do... Those kids are NHL ready and used to learn the system in the farm...

Old
12-19-2004, 11:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitator
Zednik a third liner? 4 unprovend wingers on the top two lines? :lol
Not to mention the d-fence. We don`t have 6 d-men that are contender material.
Wrong... All what we lack is a true quarterback on the PP... Souray + Rivet are solid vets when healthy, Brisebois is a nice asset when playing the way he did last year, Markov is a great puckmover and will be even more effective next year with a much more skilled team... The Cube is solid but it would be nice to have another proved vet around.

Theo is Theo, Hart and Vezina with an extremmely poor team in front of him.. Will be back for sure.

Old
12-19-2004, 11:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Perezhogin will not play himself onto the top line.
Wanna bet?

Old
12-19-2004, 11:41 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
I dont think so...

Is Higgins an upgrade over Dagenais? Answering this question is ridiculous.

Is Hossa an upgrade over Bulis on the first line? I think so.. Hossa plays well in both ends of the ice, is bigger, more talended.. We will see about his determination.

Is Plekanec an upgrade over Perreault? Answering this question is ridiculous, Plekanec do have NHL maturity ans is an upgrade in every areas of the game except faceoffs where Plekanec remains a good one.

Perezhogin on the first line will provide us a real first line... Althought inexperimented, I really dont think he will need long to adjust.

At the end of the last season and in the AHL playoffs, the Hossa PLekanec Perezhogin was on fire... What is easy to understand when you have a big skilled winger great to protect the puck along the board + a fiesty skilled playmaker and an elite kid to complete the line... AHL isnt NHL but with Koivu centering the line, I do think we will have an effective first one!

On the second line you have another perfect mix... A gritty heart and soul two way foward with elite quickness and nice package of skills + a smart and ultra creative offensive center controling the paste of the game and a pure goal scorer, solid along the board and at protecting the puck.

On the third line you have the great speed and hustle from Bulis + the big third line center we lacked for years and at the wing to complete this one... Nice shutdown line that can generate some offense as well... The CZE line!

On the fourth line you have the grit and caractere of Begin, the skills and determination of Plekanec and the size of Ward, another effective shut down line.

Hainsey 7th D-Men..

Its not like throwing some unready kids to save some money like some other organisations do... Those kids are NHL ready and used to learn the system in the farm...

Dont underestimate experience my friend. I know your line of thinking, and its understandable. However you gota remember that guys like Pleks, Higgins have barely even cracked the ten game mark in the nhl. Ryder was a rare case, and players wont adjust that quickly on a regular basis. As for Perezhogan, the kids got skill..no doubt, but will inexperience and size limit his game in his first year? It may be that Perezhogan steps in and has difficulty producing due to a lack of weight. In fact it may take him more than a year to learn how to fight of checks and bigger players. Now too Hossa. Hes got on thing the other prospects dont, and thats experience in the nhl. Hes also got a ton of skill and size, but has he ever shown it all as a package? The answer is obviously no. For that reason, to say that he will step in and be a big upgrade is pushing it. In fact saying any of these prospects steping in and being a major upgrade is pushing it.....

Id say probably 2 or 3 will make it to the Habs team next year, where the thrid guy will most likely be a guy that splits time on the bench/games. With a mix of more experience and some youth, we can be a decent contender if all goes well with our current younger players like Ribs and Ryder next season, but if we go the pure youth route.....expect a tuff season ahead, which is a direction im positive Gainey will not take when its not neccessary.

Closed Thread