HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Darkhorse1280

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian88 View Post
2nd playthrough of Skyrim, level 21 Khajiit archer. I never technically finished the game in my first playthrough, I just overplayed Skyrim too much the first time around. Now I pace myself alot better with this second attempt. I'm also trying to finish grabbing some trophies that I never got the first time around.

Also playing WWE 12 a fair chunk, playing some GTA IV as well just to get ready for GTA V whenever that drops. I need more Los Santos in my life again.
Love GTA IV...hate the motorcycle missions. I'm completely stuck on that one part where I have to chase those 2 stupid bikers around. Haven't played it in almost a year because it got me really pissed off at the time.

Old
08-17-2012, 01:39 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50

TV screens can't block.

Old
08-17-2012, 02:06 AM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i

I wish more people played.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Shepard

I've been playing quite a bit of Persona 4 Arena on PS3. I'm not very experienced with fighting games though, so unless I play ranked against other scrubs I tend to get crushed.

Really interested in what they're going to do with the story. The story mode opened up tons of possibilities for P5.

Old
08-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Frankie Spankie

I'm about 2/3 done with Cryostasis and it's starting to get a bit too scary for me.

I can muscle through a level before I have to take a break because I'm getting freaked out. Part of it is the developers doing a good job with the horror but a decent chunk of it is the developers doing a bad job with the game play. Dogs always freak me out in FPS games because they're small and fast but they're even scarier when gunplay is clunky as hell.

Old
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I'm about 2/3 done with Cryostasis and it's starting to get a bit too scary for me.
I mostly enjoyed it but couldn't finish it. Found it way to repetitive. If it had more interesting levels I probably would have finished it.

Old
08-20-2012, 02:40 AM
Kbs

I've gone back to Saints Row The Third for the DLCs. They are (or were) on sale for half off on Xbox Live so I bought the 3 main DLCs.

I've only played Genkibowl so far, but it was pretty fun. The achievements are a pain in the butt for some people, but I think I got pretty lucky and got them all pretty quick. The yarnball activity is pretty fun, but nothing special.

I'll be playing the other 2 DLCs tomorrow probably.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:36 AM
BeBen*

Darksiders 2

Awesome game so far they came back with the very Zelda ish adventure game and glued on it Prince of Persia's platforming and your typical RPG feel to it

The platforming is just so precise, you really feel in control and the dungeon design is insanely good with all the puzzles being really really good

I definitely recommend it, even if the PC port is abysmal

Old
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Frankie Spankie

I'm going to be starting the original Darksiders soon. I got it with the THQ pack on Steam and never played it, I never even really heard anything about it. I had a couple people just recently tell me it was like a demonic Zelda game and it got me really excited. Hopefully the PC port isn't all that bad.

Old
08-20-2012, 09:17 AM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I'm going to be starting the original Darksiders soon. I got it with the THQ pack on Steam and never played it, I never even really heard anything about it. I had a couple people just recently tell me it was like a demonic Zelda game and it got me really excited. Hopefully the PC port isn't all that bad.
It's only that it's very very lacking in terms of options that you would otherwise expect from PC Games

Having said that, both games run soooo smooth that it makes you forgive it

The combat is so satisfying in both games, but the combat in the 2nd one is even better

But ya the first one is definitely a ''Demonic Zelda'' it's everything you would expect from a Zelda game, Dungeons, Puzzles in said Dungeons, Horseback Riding, Acquired Items that open up new ways and make you go back to places you've already went to once you get them

The stories are actually really good too, i'm a fan of christian mythology or whatever when it's told in a fantasist manner and not taken seriously

Old
08-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Oscar Acosta

MLB 2k10

I'm a full The Show guy but saw this in a bargain bin for 4.99 and figured why not, even just for old rosters. But the My Player mode they have while does not even come close graphically to the Show is actually a lot more fun. I like the goals for every at bat, and it's not as long and drawn out to play a single game.

They managed to make fielding fun, it actually feels like you're snagging fly balls. The camera work is great on those when you lose them in the lights or run down a good one look up and catch it at the last second.

It's not the Show by any means but for a few dollars and a quick fix it's good.

Old
08-20-2012, 11:21 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Haven't really been playing much beyond Minecraft and Mayhem on the iPhone as of late. I kind of go in cycles with console gaming where I play it a lot for a few weeks or a couple months and then barely at all for a few weeks or a couple months.

Definitely going to go overboard on console gaming as soon as Assassin's Creed III comes out, though.

Old
08-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Unholy Diver

got about 10 minutes into Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City before putting it back in the envelope to gamefly

back to MLB 12 the Show until Kingdoms of Amalur arrives in the mail

Old
08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Playing Dragon's Dogma, having a great time with this game, most the vocations are all enjoyable to play as so far, love the combat. I know some people have complained about lack of fast travel, but the explorable world isn't nearly as big as other open world rpgs that have it, like TES and Fallout games, you can travel anywhere quick enough.

Old
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
Krampus
Call me Nils

CS: GO on PS3. Umad?....

Also tried the Dust 514 beta. It was pretty fun, but WAY TOO CONFUSING. I'll have to wait until we have some guides

Old
09-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Unholy Diver

MLB 12 the Show RTTS

Kingdoms of Amalur - liking this more than I thought I would, I haven't played any medieval/fantasy RPGs for a long time and after spending countless hours on Skyrim I thought this might be a bit of overkill but so far so good

Old
09-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Lizard King*

Uncharted 3

Old
09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Kbs

I finally got into Red Dead Redemption after having it on the PS3 for a couple years then trading it in for the GOTY edition on the 360 a few months ago. Fun game, I've already put in 11-ish hours over the course of this weekend .

Old
09-03-2012, 10:32 PM
BeBen*

Sigh just gave Alan Wake a try, what a disappointment

Steam says 57 minutes played, more like 10 minutes played and 47 minutes of watching ****ing cutscenes

When you do manage to actually control the character the controls are beyond abysmal, having the character on the right of the screen but the camera control in the middle makes for some awkward stuff, the whole way he moves is just awkward too

I swear i wanna shoot devs that put god damn stamina in their god damn games, having to stop for 3 seconds after every 3 seconds of running is ********* and it shouldn't ****ing exist in any game ''oh well he's just a regular guy and they're trying to make it realistic'' the guy is fighting some god damn darkness monsters for ****s sake it shouldn't be realistic and it's the worst game feature ever invented, Mario never had to catch his breath and he's a fat plumber ffs

Basically i don't think i'll ever touch it again

****balls/10

Old
09-03-2012, 11:21 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Sigh just gave Alan Wake a try, what a disappointment

Steam says 57 minutes played, more like 10 minutes played and 47 minutes of watching ****ing cutscenes

When you do manage to actually control the character the controls are beyond abysmal, having the character on the right of the screen but the camera control in the middle makes for some awkward stuff, the whole way he moves is just awkward too
Couldn't agree more, I got about a half hour into it. Mostly about the controls. I probably would have played 2-3 hours if they weren't horrible. But the sheer lack of game play variety would have made me quit eventually.

I also can't stand checkpoints, though the ones in AW weren't too bad.

Old
09-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Zodiac

Diablo 3 and Dark Souls (pc)

Old
09-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Belamorte
Feed Your Head

Somewhat disagree. The controls are not great but as a port I just expect it. The crookeed camera is awful agreed - Dead Space is another.

The cutscenses are fine by me, in fact there are fewer than Max Payne3. I like a story and the game seems to be story driven (more adventure than action). There are enough mindless FPS out and it is nice to have something in that genre. That said I did grow somewhat tired of the game. I will likely go back to it at some point but there are better story games.

Also, hate checkpoints but that seems to be a console/port thing.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
BeBen*

Eh there's a massive difference between over the shoulder camera (RE4-RE5-DS1 and DS2) that at least give you a crosshair vs that....atrocity

Never had any problems with over the shoulder with even more action than what i saw in what i played of Alan Wake

Last edited by BeBen*: 09-04-2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old
09-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Satan
& try another year

People hatin' on Alan Wake? I absolutely loved that game.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Just about done with Sleeping Dogs, Also fiddling with Dark Souls again with the DLC release on the horizon.

Closed Thread