HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2012, 02:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Working on hundred percenting Arkham City. I've got most of the story mode done, just need to do one or two more side missions and finish finding the last few riddler trophies. Then I need to do the challenges.

Old
10-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Pokemon Conquest

Blends tactical RPGs and Pokemon. My cup of tea!

Old
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Frankie Spankie

Playing through the Hitman games to get ready for Absolution in November. I'm about half way done with the first and have to deal with the strangest bugs. I'm playing with a Steam version and I get an error, "Failed to locate Steam" every time I try to start it. For whatever reason, it works if I run Blood Money and 2 first...

I did just finish the fastest mission I've seen in the game though, even quicker than the training mission. The mission in the Columbian jungle where you have to find the secret entrance to the drug lord's mansion with the jaguar guarding it took me literally 2 minutes to complete... I was a little disappointed, why even bother including it when I didn't even have to kill anyone?

Old
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Unholy Diver

Borderlands 2 - so far it has lived up to the hype, great game

Old
10-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Clock

Trying to beat the original "Punch Out!!!" for NES.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Currently playing Battlefield 3

Good game

Old
10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I needed the game genie for that one, couldn't get passed super macho man.

Old
10-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Kbs

I started playing Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles on the PSP. It's an old school, relatively short, RPG series.

I finished Ys 1 and it was sooo tedious near the end. Not to mention, I did certain missions completely out of order so I had the best gear, but I had to backtrack so the characters would talk to me (that sucked so much). I really wish they would write the objective down somewhere in the menu so I wouldn't go exploring and find stuff that I shouldn't have. The original game is from 1989 (I think) so I can't complain too much, I guess.

I'm doubting I'll play Ys 2 though because it seems to be almost identical to Ys 1 except with some magic thrown in there.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Starting Honest Hearts in New Vegas but I need to figure out what I want to take with me since I need to be under 75 pounds. If I give stuff to ED-E will it still be there when I get back?

Old
10-02-2012, 06:10 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
I've been replaying GTA San Andreas on my fiancee's PS2 all week.

Since my PS3 no longer has backwards compatibility, I truly forgot how much I loved playing the PS2-era GTA games.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
I knocked Tyson out, one of the greatest achievements of my life!

currently playing, NCAA online dynasty, and NHL 13. Picking up NBA & FIFA today though!!

Old
10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Starting Honest Hearts in New Vegas but I need to figure out what I want to take with me since I need to be under 75 pounds. If I give stuff to ED-E will it still be there when I get back?
I didnt try that but I did dismiss both my companions back to the lucky 38 and gannon still had his armor when I returned.

Take a solid rifle and an SMG. All I took was my armor, a pistol (12.7 MM), the trail rifle, the 10 MG SMG, a surpressed sniper rifle and some grenades and mines. There are a couple decent guns to pick up through out the HH but I owned skulls with the trail rifle/sniper rifle/SMG combo. I was also a high level going in though.

Old
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Right now I am replaying Mass Effect 2 with a ME1 save I got from masseffectsaves.com.

Downloaded a mod that opens up the console, it also removes the global cooldown so you can use more than one move at once. Which is great because Adepts were crippled in my opinion and I never played as them.

Also playing Civ 5 original with my best friend online. Having a blast even though its the base game and not the expansion. He got the game from Preordering XCOM from Steam. I'm hoping if he enjoys the original game enough I can convince him to get the Gods and Kings.

And lastly I just bought Borderlands 2 and just starting playing that. It feels better optimized than BL1 for my PC. Quite happy with my purchase. I got my key from one of those Rusky key websites for $25. Now I can buy the seasons pass from GMG for $22.50 and have essentially the GOTY edition for $47.50+tax.

Not bad. Not bad.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
Downloaded a mod that opens up the console, it also removes the global cooldown so you can use more than one move at once. Which is great because Adepts were crippled in my opinion and I never played as them.
Interesting.

I always played as an Adept after my first play-through of ME.

Finally put Skyrim down after about 300 hours and completing Dawnguard. Terrific game though.

Mostly playing Total War: Shogun II.

Thinking about picking up War of the Roses for a good MP fix. Borderlands 2 always looks intriguing.

I enjoyed NV, went through with the Yes Man pathway. Started a new character as more of a bad guy but got bored. Same with Fallout 3, could only really do one playthrough because I'm generally a completionist. For a guy who used to love party-based games, the Bethesda/Obsidian single-person games were really well executed, starting with Oblivion. (never played Morrowind)

One fun thing I did a few months back was go through the BG 2 and Throne of Bhaal expansion from start to finish. Still a great game.

Looks like they're crowd-sourcing a spiritual sequel: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-eternity

Last edited by NyQuil: 10-02-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old
10-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Bocephus86

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Interesting.

I always played as an Adept after my first play-through of ME.

Finally put Skyrim down after about 300 hours and completing Dawnguard. Terrific game though.

Mostly playing Total War: Shogun II.

Thinking about picking up War of the Roses for a good MP fix. Borderlands 2 always looks intriguing.

I enjoyed NV, went through with the Yes Man pathway. Started a new character as more of a bad guy but got bored. Same with Fallout 3, could only really do one playthrough because I'm generally a completionist. For a guy who used to love party-based games, the Bethesda/Obsidian single-person games were really well executed, starting with Oblivion. (never played Morrowind)

One fun thing I did a few months back was go through the BG 2 and Throne of Bhaal expansion from start to finish. Still a great game.

Looks like they're crowd-sourcing a spiritual sequel: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oject-eternity
Im almost in the same place but since I play on PS3 and am a completionist too my save is just over 11 MB and I crash out in Old World Blues every 20 minutes. I tried to google the issue and it just appears to be that way. I will have to play again just to do the DLC earlier on in my save...

Old
10-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Riverdale

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Old
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Krishna

grabbed Metal gear solid 4 for a few bucks yesterday.. Am playing now

Old
10-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
I started playing Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles on the PSP. It's an old school, relatively short, RPG series.

I finished Ys 1 and it was sooo tedious near the end. Not to mention, I did certain missions completely out of order so I had the best gear, but I had to backtrack so the characters would talk to me (that sucked so much). I really wish they would write the objective down somewhere in the menu so I wouldn't go exploring and find stuff that I shouldn't have. The original game is from 1989 (I think) so I can't complain too much, I guess.

I'm doubting I'll play Ys 2 though because it seems to be almost identical to Ys 1 except with some magic thrown in there.
I never played the originals, I played the remakes on Steam (Oath of Felghana and Origins) and loved both of them. But yeah, I know what you mean about the whole objective part. Origins was pretty straight forward but Oath in Felghana had a lot of sidequests I didn't even know about because I didn't check every corner and talk to every person. You never know who will give you a sidequest and a lot of the time, it's the random guy on the side of the village who is tending to his sheep rather than the mayor who's pacing back and forth in his office or something like that.

Old
10-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I never played the originals, I played the remakes on Steam (Oath of Felghana and Origins) and loved both of them. But yeah, I know what you mean about the whole objective part. Origins was pretty straight forward but Oath in Felghana had a lot of sidequests I didn't even know about because I didn't check every corner and talk to every person. You never know who will give you a sidequest and a lot of the time, it's the random guy on the side of the village who is tending to his sheep rather than the mayor who's pacing back and forth in his office or something like that.
What was the gameplay/combat system like in the ones you played? In the first two, you just have to run into the enemies to hurt them which was kinda funny at first, but it got dull real quick.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Frankie Spankie

Lol, no running straight into people just to hurt them. It was a hack and slash game pretty much. The boss battles were a ton of fun, more so in Origins, but a lot of it required just as good dodging abilities as it did attacking. You can tell it tries to be a retro styled game but also takes into accounts some of the features of more modern games too which makes it a ton of fun.

I just started Hitman 2 after finishing Codename 47 last night, holy crap, what an improvement over the first. Combat actually feels good in it, it's all really fair, you get a limited amount of saves but man are they nice to have. The thing that drove me absolutely insane with Codename 47 was you could never save it, then if you try to continue from a checkpoint where you died, the guards still know who you are and will shoot you right away. It doesn't help that like 3 shots would kill you. Now it's nice to have a save file that when I reload, I can actually go stealthy again instead of all the guards magically knowing who I am from before I died.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:40 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Hitman 2 is beyond awesome. Wish they'd re-release it for the PS3.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
Hitman 2 is beyond awesome. Wish they'd re-release it for the PS3.
Do you not have the ps3 that is backwards compatible?

Old
10-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Trying to get 100% on Dead Island. Never gets old for me.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Frankie Spankie

I just played the demo for Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, holy crap is that game a ton of fun. So tempted to buy it. Must. Resist. Urge. To pay full price for a PC game!

Old
10-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I just played the demo for Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit, holy crap is that game a ton of fun. So tempted to buy it. Must. Resist. Urge. To pay full price for a PC game!
Don't do it Frankie. It'll drop. They all do.

Closed Thread