HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2013, 10:47 AM
  #751
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!
 
MetalheadPenguinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,806
vCash: 50
Hitman: Contracts (PS3)

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now  
Old
02-16-2013, 07:53 AM
  #752
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
Picked up Borderlands 2 last night. Somehow I will pry myself away from my current project to play it a little..

blue425 is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 09:51 AM
  #753
Zodiac
Registered User
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,715
vCash: 500
borderlands 2
planetside 2
diablo 3

Zodiac is offline  
Old
02-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  #754
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 50
I've mostly just been playing NHL 11.

.... no typo.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:36 AM
  #755
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
I know I am most likely in an extreme minority here, but after about six hours I'm just not into Borderlands 2.

blue425 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  #756
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,601
vCash: 500
Only Blood Bowl... loving it. Takes a long time to play though.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
  #757
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I know I am most likely in an extreme minority here, but after about six hours I'm just not into Borderlands 2.
I am scared to buy Borderlands 2 because I didn't like Borderlands 1 nearly as much as everyone... after about 3 hours I was bored senseless.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:06 PM
  #758
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue425 View Post
I know I am most likely in an extreme minority here, but after about six hours I'm just not into Borderlands 2.
Are you playing single player or co-op? I never really got into the single player but playing with friends is awesome.

As for myself I picked up fallout 3 for cheap ages ago and I'm just starting to play it. Seems pretty solid after my first 1.5 hours.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:31 PM
  #759
Bocephus86
Registered User
 
Bocephus86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Bosto
Country: United States
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Are you playing single player or co-op? I never really got into the single player but playing with friends is awesome.

As for myself I picked up fallout 3 for cheap ages ago and I'm just starting to play it. Seems pretty solid after my first 1.5 hours.
It only gets better too. If youre looking at DLC Broken Steel is almost a must (extends main quest, don;t want to spoil anymore) and Point Look out was good too. Didn't play the others.

Bocephus86 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 09:28 PM
  #760
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Are you playing single player or co-op? I never really got into the single player but playing with friends is awesome.

As for myself I picked up fallout 3 for cheap ages ago and I'm just starting to play it. Seems pretty solid after my first 1.5 hours.
Mostly co op, but occasionally I'll roll solo. I put 200 hours into the first and I think that is part of the problem. It just feels like more of the same.

And I'm the spirit of full disclosure I LOVED the first.


Last edited by blue425: 02-17-2013 at 09:35 PM.
blue425 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:12 AM
  #761
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,046
vCash: 500
Bought Portal 2 when it was on sale, finally got around to playing/finishing it. Incredible game. Especially loved the Cave Johnson parts. Hadn't played a Valve game in awhile, but it gave me the same warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Can't wait until they finally tackle Half Life 3.

XX is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:25 PM
  #762
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middle of nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Playing Record of Agarest War Zero, definitely going to play 1 and 2 after this.

kovatroll* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:10 PM
  #763
Inub0i
I will Q
 
Inub0i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UC Irvine, Irvine
Country: United States
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Super Smash Bros 64
Pikachu is too good. Top Tier man. Top tier.

Inub0i is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  #764
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
Saw the commercial for Dead Space 3 a few days ago. Looked sweet, and I always wanted to play the series so I bought the first one on the marketplace for fifteen bucks. Awesome game.

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 09:23 PM
  #765
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Saw the commercial for Dead Space 3 a few days ago. Looked sweet, and I always wanted to play the series so I bought the first one on the marketplace for fifteen bucks. Awesome game.
1 was pretty good, I was impressed.

I have 2 but haven't played it yet.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-19-2013, 10:20 PM
  #766
Heisenberg77
Registered User
 
Heisenberg77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,042
vCash: 500
Hitman Absolution. So much fun.

Heisenberg77 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 11:48 PM
  #767
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 50
DmC
Metal Gear Rising - I'm obsessed with trying to beat my scores.

Ni No Kuni - Gotta catch em all

Crusader Kings II - I like to torture my family members

Starcraft HoTS - I'm terrible at micromanagement

SWToR - Commandos are awesome!

Graveland is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:40 AM
  #768
Z-Diddy
Registered User
 
Z-Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Uh... Brooklyn!
Country: Canada
Posts: 769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
DmC
Metal Gear Rising - I'm obsessed with trying to beat my scores
.

Ni No Kuni - Gotta catch em all

Crusader Kings II - I like to torture my family members

Starcraft HoTS - I'm terrible at micromanagement

SWToR - Commandos are awesome!
I'm going to pick up both these for the 360 (really looking forward to it) when Tomb Raider comes out, right now I'm just replaying the demos when I get a min

What I wanted to ask is I'm having serious issues with MGRR parry system, the demo tutorial is pretty shallow, and I was hoping that the full retail has some type of area to practice parrying, all the game hub displays is "to parry use LS + X" what I don't understand is whether or not how strict the timing is, how exact or length of time it can be held for? Just doesn't make a pile of sense to design a defensive move around moving your character and a quick attack button, feels like the control scheme ran out of buttons... (sigh) I'm no slouch either when it comes to action games, Ninja Gaiden had its hold trigger to block, similar to Bayonetta with its block and dodge feature had I just don't get it in MG and I've been really looking forward to this game for some time and if I can't beat the demo boss it's going to cost me a couple controllers

I've been able to pull of a couple parry moves but with absolutely no consistency to follow, since there doesn't seem to be a thread about the game I'm guessing I'm missing a pretty simple tip, thanks in advance to anyone

Z-Diddy is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 02:38 PM
  #769
blue425
Registered User
 
blue425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,243
vCash: 500
I'm about 10 hours into BL2 now. After the initial it was more of the same I'm enjoying it a lot.

Still working on Ikaruga..current grade on stage 3 is an A+. Very close to S-ing that ****er.

blue425 is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:05 PM
  #770
Layne Staley
The Future
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,374
vCash: 500
Hītman Absolution
Far Cry 3
Dead Space 3
Football Manager 2013

So many games so little time. Once Bioshock comes out ill be playing that religiously, and try to clear my backlog as much as possible until Last of us and GTA 5 come out.

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
  #771
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 27,601
vCash: 500
Had a modicum of free time this week so I started Spec Ops the Line.

Great game so far.

Playing Spec Ops, Starcraft: Hots, FTL and Blood Bowl.

LickTheEnvelope is online now  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:08 PM
  #772
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Diddy View Post
I'm going to pick up both these for the 360 (really looking forward to it) when Tomb Raider comes out, right now I'm just replaying the demos when I get a min

What I wanted to ask is I'm having serious issues with MGRR parry system, the demo tutorial is pretty shallow, and I was hoping that the full retail has some type of area to practice parrying, all the game hub displays is "to parry use LS + X" what I don't understand is whether or not how strict the timing is, how exact or length of time it can be held for? Just doesn't make a pile of sense to design a defensive move around moving your character and a quick attack button, feels like the control scheme ran out of buttons... (sigh) I'm no slouch either when it comes to action games, Ninja Gaiden had its hold trigger to block, similar to Bayonetta with its block and dodge feature had I just don't get it in MG and I've been really looking forward to this game for some time and if I can't beat the demo boss it's going to cost me a couple controllers

I've been able to pull of a couple parry moves but with absolutely no consistency to follow, since there doesn't seem to be a thread about the game I'm guessing I'm missing a pretty simple tip, thanks in advance to anyone
The parry system is all based on timing and half the time its based on luck Even on normal I have a hard time getting a perfect parry.

Graveland is offline  
Old
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM
  #773
Vamos Rafa
”Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,789
vCash: 500
Okay, I totally forgot how ridiculously long the codec convos and cutscenes were in MGS2. Same **** in MGS3. Do I really have to watch all of this?

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
  #774
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 12550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Okay, I totally forgot how ridiculously long the codec convos and cutscenes were in MGS2. Same **** in MGS3. Do I really have to watch all of this?
You can just hold Triangle/Y and the words scroll really fast.

Net Front Presence is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 02:30 AM
  #775
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 12550
Just got 1000G for Dark Souls. Feels good man.

Net Front Presence is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.