HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
  #126
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
I was given:
Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

and I'm not really thrilled at playing any of them
Those are all great games. New Vegas isn't as good as Fallout 3, but it's still lots of fun. Skyrim is one of the best games I've ever played, but you won't like it if you're not in to open world RPGs.

glasgow26 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
  #127
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 8,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
Those are all great games. New Vegas isn't as good as Fallout 3, but it's still lots of fun. Skyrim is one of the best games I've ever played, but you won't like it if you're not in to open world RPGs.
I don't mind open world rpg's it's just I'm not into the whole middle ages, dragon, d&d type of stuff. It'll probably be the last of the three i play. I was surprised I was given any games and I was kind of looking forward to a summer without games to be honest well until the new Transformers comes out anyway.

Lost Horizons is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 02:48 PM
  #128
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
I don't mind open world rpg's it's just I'm not into the whole middle ages, dragon, d&d type of stuff. It'll probably be the last of the three i play. I was surprised I was given any games and I was kind of looking forward to a summer without games to be honest well until the new Transformers comes out anyway.
On the first line, you and me both, which is why I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
  #129
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 8,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreMcGuire View Post
On the first line, you and me both, which is why I enjoyed Fallout 3 so much.
I've been hoping game companies start moving away from the whole D&D setting for rpg's for years but their still for the most part setting them there.

Lost Horizons is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
  #130
Leafs at Knight
#WeTheSouthernON
 
Leafs at Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
I've been hoping game companies start moving away from the whole D&D setting for rpg's for years but their still for the most part setting them there.
That's because millions of people including myself still love them, and IMO are the best kind of RPGs.

Leafs at Knight is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 07:11 PM
  #131
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,975
vCash: 500
Tales of Graces f - I have a feeling I'm going to playing this one for a long time, best JRPG I've played since Suikoden V.

Finished the second episode of the Walking Dead game, it's ****ing awesome. So much nastier than the show, if only it was on HBO and they can let the cussing and gore fly like they do in the game

Jovavic is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 01:07 AM
  #132
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
Luminaire
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Earth.
Country: United States
Posts: 48,939
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Tales of Graces f - I have a feeling I'm going to playing this one for a long time, best JRPG I've played since Suikoden V.
2 trophies left for me.

Trance Kuja is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 01:56 AM
  #133
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,589
vCash: 500
Been playing a lot of MLB 12 : The Show lately. I feel bad for Xbox owners. You're missing out on such a great game.

I just got Devil May Cry (HD Collection) Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 on Amazon for under $90 total (all new). Got to wait a week for them to get here, but I can't wait until they do

Dylonus is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 02:59 AM
  #134
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Been playing a lot of MLB 12 : The Show lately. I feel bad for Xbox owners. You're missing out on such a great game.

I just got Devil May Cry (HD Collection) Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 on Amazon for under $90 total (all new). Got to wait a week for them to get here, but I can't wait until they do
I remember playing the beta for Resistance 3. I will never forgive Insomniac for what they did to the series. Since I could care less for Ratchet & Clank, they are dead to me.

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:08 PM
  #135
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Middle of nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 1,766
vCash: 500
Battle for Wesnoth, come a long way from when I first played it.
I think it had 2-3 still wip campaigns and that was it.

kovatroll* is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 01:22 PM
  #136
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
I was given:
Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

and I'm not really thrilled at playing any of them
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is my favorite of the three. Skyrim will keep you occupied for a long time, but if you're like me, at the end you'll feel like all that time was wasted. With New Vegas, I played for like an hour and got bored. I guess open world RPGs just aren't my thing though.




On topic: The Witcher 2 (for the 8th time)

WhipNash27 is online now  
Old
07-05-2012, 04:04 PM
  #137
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some
 
Lost Horizons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Everywhere
Country: United States
Posts: 8,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is my favorite of the three. Skyrim will keep you occupied for a long time, but if you're like me, at the end you'll feel like all that time was wasted. With New Vegas, I played for like an hour and got bored. I guess open world RPGs just aren't my thing though.

On topic: The Witcher 2 (for the 8th time)
I played F:NV for about 40 mins then stopped. I've got Deus Ex: Human Revolution loaded up now.

Lost Horizons is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 05:34 PM
  #138
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 44,817
vCash: 500
I picked up Fight Night Champion a couple weeks ago. It's kept me pretty entertained, but there are some gripes. Like...cutting an opponent or making them bleed is basically impossible. When I punch the same area of a dudes face 250+ times, I'd expect to see some damage. It makes me feel like I'm not getting anywhere, until my opponent topples over because his brain is pudding.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 06:02 PM
  #139
MaskOfThePhantasm
Farewell Mr Bronski
 
MaskOfThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 349
vCash: 73
Now that I'm done with my first playthrough of Fallout 3, currently playing Bioshock 2 and Transformers: War For Cybertron.

MaskOfThePhantasm is offline  
Old
07-05-2012, 08:24 PM
  #140
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Some people playing some awesome games in here....Skyrim (obviously), Fallout NV is a good game..I like it just as much as I did 3..Bioshock 2..Witcher 2 also ****ing AWESOME..


Myself personally....I just finished The Walking Dead episode 2....which, IMO was WAYYYY better than episode 1. I loved 2...played through it twice to get some different experiences. They finally lived up to their your choices affect the game. Cannot wait for 3.

Skyrim Dawnguard DLC which is occupying a lot of my time currently.

Dragons Dogma. Skyrim sidetracking me bigtime from playing this. I was really into it until TWD:2 and Skyrim DLC hit.

Ghost Recon Future Solider : Campaign and Multiplayer.

Was also trying to finish up Assassins Creed Revelations and Fallout NV until all of the above game out....I have a lot of stuff to finish and keep playing...Can't say I'm too disappointed tho haha.

BruinsFTW is offline  
Old
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
  #141
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,820
vCash: 500
I feel like I'll never be done playing The Witcher 2 until I can beat it on Insane. I've beaten Dark mode a hand full of times, and each time I get better at combat and die less.

WhipNash27 is online now  
Old
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
  #142
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,232
vCash: 500
One of many games I'm playing. This baby:






JurassicTunga is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 02:00 AM
  #143
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,353
vCash: 500
Civ IV
Civ V
Civ V: G&K
FM2012

That's it, that's all.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
07-07-2012, 02:54 AM
  #144
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreMcGuire View Post
I remember playing the beta for Resistance 3. I will never forgive Insomniac for what they did to the series. Since I could care less for Ratchet & Clank, they are dead to me.
Finally played Resistance 3 today. I don't get why you hated it. I absolutely love it. So much better than 1 and 2.

Dylonus is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 03:11 AM
  #145
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Delta, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
Finally played Resistance 3 today. I don't get why you hated it. I absolutely love it. So much better than 1 and 2.
Aside from the weapon wheel, nothing really makes it Resistancey

I would recommend reading A Hole In The Sky though, clears up A LOT of what happens before the events of 3 and how Susan and Capelli meet

PierreMcGuire* is offline  
Old
07-07-2012, 07:15 AM
  #146
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 75,213
vCash: 50
London 2012 game. Trying to get the most done that I can since some I just won't be able to do. Anything over 50% and I'm happy.

Also playing FM2012.

Shrimper is offline  
Old
07-09-2012, 11:36 AM
  #147
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,927
vCash: 500
Just finished up the RE: 6 demo. Meh.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
  #148
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
One of many games I'm playing. This baby:





*sigh* I miss RTS games.

WhipNash27 is online now  
Old
07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
  #149
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Got back into NHL 12 after not playing it through the entirety of the playoffs. I've been playing a decent amount of Mount & Blade: Warband online with the cRPG mod, going all Jaime Lannister on some beotches. Starcraft 2 as usual, although less than I used to. I'm considering starting to play Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 since I found a modern roster pack and a modification that lets you choose your start date.

Stopped playing Diablo 3 and can't see myself playing it much in the future.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
  #150
Marble
Registered User
 
Marble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
I bought these a while back but never gave them a go because I got my PS3 shortly after. I'm going to play one of :

Suikoden IV
Suikoden Tactics
Grandia III
Atelier Iris II

Thoughts/recommendations?

Marble is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.