HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Shepard

vCash: 500
Just finished up Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, so now I've been playing:

Uncharted 3 (multiplayer)
Metroid Fusion

Old
07-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Frankie Spankie

Just started Syndicate on PC. You know what I love about my PC games from 2012? NOT being able to use the side mouse buttons...

Looks like side mouse buttons must me new technology and not compatible. That's why I can use them in my 13 year old version of Team Fortress Classic...

Old
07-09-2012, 02:21 PM
The Head Crusher

vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Back and forth between Skyrim and Minecraft

07-10-2012, 09:20 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I got Rage and Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Saturday. Have put a few hours into both, and I like both for different reasons.

Old
07-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Reality Check

I picked up a Blockbuster pass for my dad and rented NCAA Football 13 for him.

I guess it's not too different from last year. But I haven't played this game in ten years and it's pretty damn awesome.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

excited that my copy of NCAA 13 arrived today! Also, still playing my 1986-7 NBA season with 2k12, and trying to finish up Arkham City.

Old
07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
I signed for 3 months of iRacing to check it out. Seems fun so far, a real good racing sim.

Anyone else involved with this service?

Old
07-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I signed for 3 months of iRacing to check it out. Seems fun so far, a real good racing sim.

Anyone else involved with this service?
I had it but it's really frustrating because it's so damn realistic. I got pretty good with the Corvette race car but never even tried racing online. I was too nervous I'd ruin it for other people and didn't know anybody else to race with. I've since canceled my subscription.

Old
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Unholy

Still on my new run of Vesperia. Going with a new party this time around and it's working well.

Got some cheapies on steam too:

L.A. Noire - Not bad so far
Ys: The Oath in Felghana - Pretty fun

07-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Tales of Symphonia

Old
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
I had it but it's really frustrating because it's so damn realistic. I got pretty good with the Corvette race car but never even tried racing online. I was too nervous I'd ruin it for other people and didn't know anybody else to race with. I've since canceled my subscription.
I was worried about screwing people over as well. I just did my first race in street stock, got to second with halfway to go, then got frustrated with the leader because he kept blocking me. I caused a big wreck with the third place guy because I was ticked. Oops.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Tomahawk Patch

shadow of the colossus ps3 hard time attack some one help please the 3rd colouss is f***ing unbelievable hard i didn't remember it being so hard on ps2

Old
07-13-2012, 11:40 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Midnight Club LA. Buying the garages from Karol is frigging stupid. Not only that, but now that I have played it again, the handling sucks ass too.

Old
07-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

spent the last few days playing The Walking Dead game

EP 1 solid

EP 2 was flat out great imo.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:15 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
spent the last few days playing The Walking Dead game

EP 1 solid

EP 2 was flat out great imo.
I love that game, the story telling is amazing. I feel like it's mainly for diehard Walking Dead fans though. Fans of the story and not just fans of the genre realize it's not about just running around killing zombies. They really did do a good job with it.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
I love that game, the story telling is amazing. I feel like it's mainly for diehard Walking Dead fans though. Fans of the story and not just fans of the genre realize it's not about just running around killing zombies. They really did do a good job with it.
Ya I think some people may be disappointed that it's not an action game, with the whole zombie theme and whatnot, but they are developing a Walking Dead shooter as well.

The story telling is definitely amazing, and the second episode, I was on edge for pretty much the entire second half of the episode. I really enjoyed ep 1, but ep 2 was so much better. No dull characters as well imo. Awesome adventure game all around.

Old
07-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Ya I think some people may be disappointed that it's not an action game, with the whole zombie theme and whatnot, but they are developing a Walking Dead shooter as well.

The story telling is definitely amazing, and the second episode, I was on edge for pretty much the entire second half of the episode. I really enjoyed ep 1, but ep 2 was so much better. No dull characters as well imo. Awesome adventure game all around.
Yeah, definitely. Spoilers to episode 2 if you haven't played it yet:

Spoil:
I think we all knew that girl you ran into in the woods was Clementine's mother by the way she was talking. It was definitely awesome to see it confirmed with the video at the end of the episode.

Amazing story telling throughout the game, can't wait for episode 3!!

Old
07-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
Yeah, definitely. Spoilers to episode 2 if you haven't played it yet:

Spoil:
I think we all knew that girl you ran into in the woods was Clementine's mother by the way she was talking. It was definitely awesome to see it confirmed with the video at the end of the episode.

Amazing story telling throughout the game, can't wait for episode 3!!
The ending actually confused me...

Spoil:
I initially thought that how the lady was talking in the tape, it sounded like Clem's mother, but she also looked like an employee at that supermarket. Clem said her parents were an engineer and doctor. Also they were in Savannah when the whole thing happened, but it was 3 months after, but if you look at the family photo from ep 1, the lady in the picture with Clem (her mother) looks completely different. I was confused so I looked it up, and apparently it was just a deranged women who potentially lost her kids to bandits, and she just wanted to protect Clem from what happened to her children, or at least that seems to be the common interpretation.

Old
07-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
The ending actually confused me...

Spoil:
I initially thought that how the lady was talking in the tape, it sounded like Clem's mother, but she also looked like an employee at that supermarket. Clem said her parents were an engineer and doctor. I was confused so I looked it up, and apparently it was just a deranged women who potentially lost her kids to bandits, and she just wanted to protect Clem from what happened to her children. I don't know for sure though.
Spoil:
Oh yeah, I forgot that about her parents. I played episode 1 when it was first released like 2 months ago so I forgot. That does make sense though. Now it has me wondering, the way she was talking about Clem in the camp sounded like she was her mother. You could be right that she was just some deranged woman. I'd have to watch the video again, did she say Clem in the video? I guess a deranged woman could learn her name if she got her hat but still. I guess we'll never know, it's not like they can explain it and have it make sense unless Lee shows Clem the video and she recognizes the voice?

Old
07-14-2012, 11:49 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Currently playing:
-Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (with Star Trek Mod )
-Legend of Grimrock
-SC2
-Guild Wars Beta weekend upcoming

Old
07-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Captain Awesome

How is Sins of a Solar Empire? It's on steam for $9.99 right now and I was debating about whether or not I should buy it.

Old
07-14-2012, 02:14 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Max Payne 3, I was on the last stage but have to start the whole game all over because my last save got overwritten and starting from a chapter only lets you play that chapter

Dark Souls, finishing up NG+++

NHL12, simming by BeAGm mode.

And the occasional games of BF3

Old
07-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
Spoil:
Oh yeah, I forgot that about her parents. I played episode 1 when it was first released like 2 months ago so I forgot. That does make sense though. Now it has me wondering, the way she was talking about Clem in the camp sounded like she was her mother. You could be right that she was just some deranged woman. I'd have to watch the video again, did she say Clem in the video? I guess a deranged woman could learn her name if she got her hat but still. I guess we'll never know, it's not like they can explain it and have it make sense unless Lee shows Clem the video and she recognizes the voice?
Spoil:
Nothing to base it on, but I just have a feeling we'll see Clem's parents at some point in the game, dead or alive.

Sucks that I went through both eps in a matter of days, now the long wait until ep 3.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierreMcGuire View Post
Midnight Club LA. Buying the garages from Karol is frigging stupid. Not only that, but now that I have played it again, the handling sucks ass too.
Picked this up last week, as well. It's ok, I was hungry for a racing game so it's holding me over, only $15 too.

The handling does take some getting used to, but I notice it more with the starting cars. Maybe I just got used to it.

Sold all my cars to save up for a Lambo. Just rocking an Evo, $40k away from the Mercielago. Then, it's on.

Old
07-14-2012, 07:21 PM
PierreMcGuire*
How dissapointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Richard 37 View Post
Picked this up last week, as well. It's ok, I was hungry for a racing game so it's holding me over, only $15 too.

The handling does take some getting used to, but I notice it more with the starting cars. Maybe I just got used to it.

Sold all my cars to save up for a Lambo. Just rocking an Evo, $40k away from the Mercielago. Then, it's on.
Honestly, so many things bug me about this game:

Car selection compared to MC3 DUB Edition
How the cars stack up against each other (IE, fully upgraded EVO X goes up against S7's and Gallardos on anything above Medium)
Not having the ability to disable parts of or all of the HUD

Closed Thread