HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Community: Part Four - Community is Back

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Cardiac_Canes

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
21/25. I'm an Annie

Old
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
nyrleetch

I wish Dr. Ian Duncan would come back for the 4th season!

Old
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Yeah, I really liked John Oliver on the show. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:47 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towers View Post
Yeah, I really liked John Oliver on the show. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing him come back.

40 second mark of these. NSFW language I guess but just great stuff.

Old
06-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Someone actually made the 8-bit game featured in the recent episodes. Free to play, too.

Quote:
The game looks a lot like the TV version and has a really cool 8-bit version of Community‘s theme song. You can choose to play any of the main characters plus some additional ones like Pillow Man, Constable Reggie, or Brittasaurus Rex. It functions just like Super Mario World in that the only action your character can perform is to run, jump, and stomp on baddies.

Journey To the Center of Hawkthorne is still a little buggy but the team behind it is very dedicated, putting out updates every day which you can download. While the game is still in its early stages and is aesthetically accurate, some details are not totally consistent with the original made-for-TV game (when characters get hit by hippies in the library, they are supposed to turn red and a “-1″ sign should appear over their head, notes one user). Also, it should be noted that there is no death function in the game (not by hippies and not by jumping off cliffs, at least).

That's me

Edit: If you want, you can get the game, but there are only 3 levels.

Last edited by Mike Emrick: 06-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old
06-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
How do you play it? It's some file format I've never heard of.

edit: oops, think I downloaded the wrong one. It was for linux.

Last edited by Cardiac_Canes: 06-06-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old
06-07-2012, 04:53 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post

40 second mark of these. NSFW language I guess but just great stuff.
Annie at the end... hot .

Old
06-25-2012, 11:56 PM
USC Trojans
New Era

This is freaking cool. You honestly can't cancel a show who has their own art show!
http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGalle...Movie_Art_Show

Old
07-19-2012, 02:30 AM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

I hate community.

Old
08-22-2012, 02:49 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Dan Harmon is doing an AMA on Reddit right now.

Link

Old
08-22-2012, 02:59 PM
lyrrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Dan Harmon is doing an AMA on Reddit right now.

Link
We're all waiting patiently for him to type his giant multi-paragraph responses!

Old
08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

I would have joined, but I had to go get lunch. Eventually forgot about it, but good for him

Old
08-22-2012, 04:39 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Alright, it's still going on, which is good. Lot of interesting questions about Community there. It's a real shame how they did him. He is a very funny man.

Old
08-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Regarding Chevy walking off

Quote:
[–]danharmon[S] 137 points 30 minutes ago (148|19)
The answer I heard from the people on set was that he didn't think it was funny. After he realized how upset I was about it, he said things in voicemails like "there was no script" (untrue) and "I have a weird relationship with the name Cornelius" (dumb, he had no dialogue in the tag). The real answer, I believe, is that he wanted to go home because he was tired. He probably didn't realize he was permanently damaging the episode by doing so because he often walked off set and then we would just pick up his shots later in the week. But this was the final shot of the season. The sets came down after he walked away. So this was the one time in three years that his personality caused unfixable damage to something I really held valuable.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:22 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Did Chase officially quit the show (yet)? I just read in ~April that there was a feud between him and Harmon but I didn't think it was anything serious.

Old
08-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

PRobably not

Old
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Elever
Hth

Wow Moss from the IT Crowd directed an episode and he tried to gt him to act in one as Abed's friend? That would've been awesome, especially if he kept in character with his IT Crowd character.

This is quite telling:

Why did we never get to see a Troy and Abed in the Morning web series?

[–]danharmon[S] 603 points 3 hours ago

because network TV doesn't know the internet exists yet.

Also if he wanted Bill Murray to play Jeff's dad then that would be awesome, the most sarcastic actor I know lol

Old
08-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Based on most of the stuff he is saying, I feel like I am Dan Harmon, minus the whole talent and success thing... hehe.

Old
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
lyrrad

Here is one of Dan's answers which was really informative:

Quote:
I feel like NBC is in a state of chaos that may or may not be ended by this latest regime, but in any case, at the moment of my firing, lacked the concern, coordination, foresight and muscle to make Sony understand what a needlessly risky move they were making.
I think Sony took the risk because they didn't see it as a risk. What's at risk when your show's been moved to purgatory, etc. I feel like taking me off Community was as obviously foolish as you see most people saying.
I think the rumors you hear about me being bad at my job, especially the empty, overblown stuff about Chevy, are the best possible attempt anyone can make at making a very confusing, very dumb thing seem less confusing and less dumb.
I also feel relieved and excited and proud and smug. I feel like I win and they lose. My writers and I bled for that show and we would have kept doing it, in spite of Sony's attitude, for one reason: the fans. If it weren't for the fans, we all would have quit after season two. That show stopped being about our fulfillment the day Sony told us the Dungeons and Dragons episode was their least favorite. It stopped being about the writers' fulfillment the day Greenblatt told me he had seen "about half" the episodes but wanted to know how we could stop making it "too weird to follow The Office." There was a point where the only thing getting the writers out of bed was the joy of the viewer, which was plenty, even though Sony was doing everything in their power to make us miserable. So you can see how a company taking it upon themselves to martyr me the way they did was a pretty clean way out of a pretty tough spot for me. At the end of this thing, I'm rich, people want to work with me, audiences respect me, I don't have to work for Sony anymore and I can even feel sorry for myself if I feel like it. It's a pretty sweet ending to a crazy story.
That's how I honestly feel. Answering honestly does me no favors, but I want to take the "anything" part of "ask me anything" seriously, because Reddit made Community. And that's the part of this whole thing that bums me out, is that the only people that stand to suffer are the only people that never made a dime. The people that put free labor into Community. The people that got tattoos of it, the people that made halloween costumes and birthday cakes and tee shirts and music videos about it. They're the only people not walking away with millions of dollars and they're the only people that EVER MATTERED and ever understood the show.
So I feel good bad. I feel terrible awesome. I feel proud ashamed. I feel engorged on my own starvation, I feel like the biggest con artist and sucker in the history of monsters and heroes.
Any fan of Community will appreciate that answer

Old
08-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

I still don't see how people could criticize Dan Harmon. What he did for the franchise was genius.

His insight will be missed this season

Old
08-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Eternal Sunshine

Donno if you guys have seen this, but if you want to support Dan, Dino and Charlie Kaufman in their next project, you can:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...mans-anomalisa

They are making a film with just the funds that their fans/supporters/believers/whatever give them. They've already reached their goal, but more money = better product. You can pledge as little as $1.

Old
08-26-2012, 02:23 PM
thrillhouse9

Really looking forward to season 4, despite there being no Dan Harmon. Season 3 was really hit or miss for me, too much dreamatorium and professor spacetime. Season 2 was the perfect blend of weird and normal episodes, hopefully they return to that.

Old
08-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

"Professor Spacetime"

Season 3 gets a bad rap, but most of those episodes were hilarious

Old
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
thrillhouse9

oops, Inspector.

and it gets a bad rap because while there are some absolute gem episodes in there, a good amount of them fell flat completely.. which very few did in the first 2 seasons.

Old
08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhouse9 View Post
oops, Inspector.

and it gets a bad rap because while there are some absolute gem episodes in there, a good amount of them fell flat completely.. which very few did in the first 2 seasons.
I agree.

Closed Thread