HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Community: Part Four - Community is Back

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 09:49 AM
G F O P
Registered Baller

vCash: 500
He isn't leaving but he graduated

Old
05-11-2013, 10:06 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Go On wasn't funny. Good move.

It blew Community out of the water this season. Oh wait, you're basing it on promos, I forgot. Your opinion means absolutely nothing in this case.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:09 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Pretty weak finale IMO. This show is just not comedy anymore. Interesting concept with the parallel universes but I didn't laugh once. They use the same jokes and the only character who is usually funny is Troy and he had absolutely nothing to do in that episode. Too much Abed.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I know it's a weak rumor, but it would be interesting to see Harmon come back.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Eternal Sunshine

Darkest Timeline Annie = GOAT Annie

Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
G F O P
Registered Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post

It blew Community out of the water this season. Oh wait, you're basing it on promos, I forgot. Your opinion means absolutely nothing in this case.
What are you talking about?

Old
05-11-2013, 04:16 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about you basing your opinions of a show on promos (as you have said in the past for Go On and Parks & Rec.). Then you are so biased about Community, that utter **** looks actually decent to you. This season has been awful. Simple as that.

But the show that actually was really good this year gets cancelled and you say "good, it wasn't funny"...

Old
05-11-2013, 05:37 PM
G F O P
Registered Baller

Quote:
I'm talking about you basing your opinions of a show on promos (as you have said in the past for Go On and Parks & Rec.). Then you are so biased about Community, that utter **** looks actually decent to you. This season has been awful. Simple as that.

But the show that actually was really good this year gets cancelled and you say "good, it wasn't funny"...

I still think Community did a better job overall, especially in the later episodes. I really liked the season finale.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:39 PM
KarlssonMarx
Be Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Darkest Timeline Annie = GOAT Annie
I strongly agree

Old
05-11-2013, 06:37 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I like how Britta was still a screw up in the darkest timeline.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
I still think Community did a better job overall, especially in the later episodes. I really liked the season finale.
Out of curiosity, did you watch the later episodes of Go-On in order to make a comparison like that?

It seems weird that you would despite not finding it funny or writing it off based on promos (just going off what the other guy's saying-- forgive me if he made it up).

Old
05-11-2013, 07:57 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

I think I'll just wait until season 5 ends and watch them all on a rainy sunday. I just don't look forward to this show anymore.

Old
05-11-2013, 09:09 PM
G F O P
Registered Baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Out of curiosity, did you watch the later episodes of Go-On in order to make a comparison like that?

It seems weird that you would despite not finding it funny or writing it off based on promos (just going off what the other guy's saying-- forgive me if he made it up).
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about. I ended up watching the later episodes, it wasn't that good. Community was the better show by far.

Old
05-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Kitten Mittons

I liked the episode but I wish this was it.

Also, how is an Associate's Degree enough to be a legal lawyer?

Old
05-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I liked the episode but I wish this was it.

Also, how is an Associate's Degree enough to be a legal lawyer?
All he needed was a Bachelors Degree because his original Bachelors Degree was fake.

Old
05-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
All he needed was a Bachelors Degree because his original Bachelors Degree was fake.
Yeah but how do you get a Bachelors from a community college? You can only get an Associates. But whatever I guess 4 years = bachelors.

Old
05-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Free Edler
Soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah but how do you get a Bachelors from a community college? You can only get an Associates. But whatever I guess 4 years = bachelors.
Maybe it's just this way in Canada but colleges as well as universities offer 4-year degrees. The public college I work at has 9 bachelor's degrees.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:56 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post

I didn't make anything up. Check the posts on this thread around the 21st of April.

Quote:
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about. I ended up watching the later episodes, it wasn't that good. Community was the better show by far.
What am I talking about? In this thread only three weeks or so ago you said (about Go On):

Quote:
Meh, promos weren't funny at all. At least it doesn't have a laugh track.
So what am I talking about? I'm talking about you judging shows like Go On based on promos. Maybe you watched the later episodes although I don't believe you, since it was much better than Community and the other reason was that the final episode was on April 11th and you posted that on April 21st. So you went back and watch the "later" episodes without knowing what the show is about. I call bull****.

And there is absolutely no way Community is better than Parks & Rec, yet you used the same exact argument for that. Community didn't do a better job overall. This was the worst season by far and the other shows on the same network (let alone on other networks) were much better. Simple as that.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:29 AM
G F O P
Registered Baller

Quote:
I didn't make anything up. Check the posts on this thread around the 21st of April.

What am I talking about? In this thread only three weeks or so ago you said (about Go On):

So what am I talking about? I'm talking about you judging shows like Go On based on promos. Maybe you watched the later episodes although I don't believe you, since it was much better than Community and the other reason was that the final episode was on April 11th and you posted that on April 21st. So you went back and watch the "later" episodes without knowing what the show is about. I call bull****.

And there is absolutely no way Community is better than Parks & Rec, yet you used the same exact argument for that. Community didn't do a better job overall. This was the worst season by far and the other shows on the same network (let alone on other networks) were much better. Simple as that.
Whatever you say

Seems like you flat out don't like Community. It's okay. No point discussing this further with someone who doesn't even respect the show anymore.

Last edited by G F O P: 05-12-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old
05-12-2013, 07:40 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Underwhelming finale to an underwhelming season. Which is really too bad, this was one of the best shows around.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:42 AM
G F O P
Registered Baller

I don't get the criticism about the season finale, I thought it was great. And I'm not a homer and I'll call a spade a spade, but that was a great episode.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
I thought it was decent at best. Which was an improvement over the rest of the season. It had the heart of the other seasons, which was largely missing, but it felt rushed and like the writers were trying too hard.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Quote:
I don't get the criticism about the season finale, I thought it was great. And I'm not a homer and I'll call a spade a spade, but that was a great episode.
Tastes differ that's all it is.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:56 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Whatever you say
Sure brush it off, now that you have no argument

Quote:
Seems like you flat out don't like Community. It's okay. No point discussing this further with someone who doesn't even respect the show anymore.
Why wouldn't I lose respect for a show that I looked forward to watching every week in the previous seasons. I was recommending to all of my friends and family and I found it unfair that it wasn't getting its due (mainly because it's on NBC). But they lost their way, the writing is bland and it's just not a comedy show anymore.

If you are ok with the direction the show is going and find the latest **** passable, then it's your opinion and that's your right. But don't pass judgment on shows that you know nothing about and defend Community of all shows against clearly better material.

Old
05-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Mischa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
Maybe it's just this way in Canada but colleges as well as universities offer 4-year degrees. The public college I work at has 9 bachelor's degrees.
in the US we have Community Colleges, Colleges, and Universities

Community Colleges give associates degrees or you might spend a couple years there to save money before going to a college or university. Colleges just give bachelors degrees (though its sort of confusing since some universities call themselves colleges and they have colleges within them for specific disciplines). Universities give bachelors degrees and have graduate programs.

and thats why its weird that not only he would be getting an associates degree from there but its strange that all of them spent more than two years there.

(of course I don't speak for everywhere in the US but thats how it seems to work in Pennsylvania)

Closed Thread