HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Community: Part Four - Community is Back

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 08:49 AM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I was a fan from the beginning but for whatever reason, knowing that Harmon's coming back really turns me off of the show.

He failed, post-s2 Community was saccharine trash and it was all his doing. He feminized the show, got rid of jokes in place for elaborate references and made-up meta-jokes like Inspector D-bag that weren't funny to begin with. He ruined every character and shoved Chang and gay-Dean down the audience's throat.

Whatever, I'll watch it because I championed it from the get-go but honestly, Community is the ****** of tv shows - I feel guilty every once in a while after I use it.
What did you think of season 4? I know you were looking forward to it, but I'd be surprised if you thought it was much better than the worst of Harmon.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Dean is hilarious. Chang is a character who grates on me the more I see him.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:40 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I think with Harmon's departure, for the most part, Annie got dumber (I think) along the way. Don't get me wrong, she's still hot as hell, but she seemed like an idiot all season.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
discostu

Apparently Donald Glover will only be appearing in 5 of 13 episodes. Not a great sign when the cast has one foot out the door.

Old
07-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Apparently Donald Glover will only be appearing in 5 of 13 episodes. Not a great sign when the cast has one foot out the door.
Oh, What?

=/

Old
07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Kitten Mittons

Glover is probably touring or something.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:25 PM
nyrleetch

Damn. He's been one of the best character in my opinion. Hope they give a good reason to write him out in the show.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:27 PM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Glover is probably touring or something.
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/comm...er-1200558666/

Glover will appear as Troy Barnes in only five of “Community’s” upcoming 13 episodes, as Vulture first reported. This episode cut will allow Glover to focus on Childish Gambino, his rapper stage name. Glover has released independent albums and mixtapes under Childish Gambino since the mid-2000s.

If this is the final season... I hope they can find a way to have him appear in more late episodes than beginning.

Old
07-21-2013, 01:29 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Dan Harmon interview.

http://tvline.com/2013/07/20/communi...eo-dan-harmon/

Old
07-21-2013, 04:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
What did you think of season 4? I know you were looking forward to it, but I'd be surprised if you thought it was much better than the worst of Harmon.
I wasn't nearly as excited for it as I was for season 2 that's for sure. I don't remember much of the season but it really, really, wasn't worse than the sappy inane dicknosing of season 3. Some of the episodes were pretty bad but I felt like the season overall was slightly better than "the worst of Harmon"... Because the worst of Harmon was insufferable and saccharine. "LOL we're mocking TV-show tropes by actually adhering to them" really blows.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to the next season at all. The Community I liked was the clever, light-hearted, playful and slightly sardonic show from season 1. It's a damn shame.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:10 PM
awesomo
HARD!

that sucks Troy is the best

Old
07-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I wasn't nearly as excited for it as I was for season 2 that's for sure. I don't remember much of the season but it really, really, wasn't worse than the sappy inane dicknosing of season 3. Some of the episodes were pretty bad but I felt like the season overall was slightly better than "the worst of Harmon"... Because the worst of Harmon was insufferable and saccharine. "LOL we're mocking TV-show tropes by actually adhering to them" really blows.

To be honest I'm not looking forward to the next season at all. The Community I liked was the clever, light-hearted, playful and slightly sardonic show from season 1. It's a damn shame.
I can see this and think it's fair.

I don't remember how we seemed to end up on opposite sides of the Harmon thing considering that I mostly dislike season 3 as well.

I guess I felt that it was better to stick with Harmon, who at the very least could have flashes of what he did in season 1/2 or wishfully thinking, even go back to that level of quality-- I thought it was worth giving him the benefit of the doubt there-- I had no faith in the exec-appointed replacements to ever do anything worthwhile, personally. I wouldn't be surprised if season 4 was marginally better than the worst of Harmon, but I honestly don't care about such a slight improvement over something that kind of sucks in the first place.

I'm not enthusiastic about 5 either, but at least I'll be curious enough to watch and be open to it.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 07-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old
07-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Not too excited about S5, the show clearly went on a decline. I'll still watch, but the show's been passed over by FOX Animation a long time ago

Old
09-16-2013, 01:41 AM
Kloparren
Hth

So Troy is leaving after episode 5 and won't even be in the entire season depending on the word framing you hear? That's really a shame, our sitcom stars keep moving on because people like watching gore or made up reality rather than something funny or heartwarming or creative.

Old
09-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

The series started off amazing but has tapered off since then. I like the show but I've become more and more interested by Fox cartoons lately.

Sad to say I wouldn't miss the show if this was the last season. Besides, how long could they be going to a CC? 5 years?

Old
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
he is not the only one. sounds like the cast will be coming and going all year or something

Old
09-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Nick0930

I'm anxious to see Jonathan Banks and the return of Duncan.

Old
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Teemu

By the way, syndication on Comedy Central has started

Old
10-03-2013, 12:14 AM
Shareefruck

Random side-note that reminded me of this show, the term "Streets Ahead" being used multiple times thirty years ago in exactly the way Pierce coined it-- I wonder if this was just a happy accident.

OT: They're so unapologetically cocky and full of themselves

Last edited by Shareefruck: 10-03-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old
10-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Hawkman

This is not on Netflix' instant que. So bogus.

10-06-2013, 09:51 PM
40oz

So Dan Harmon has been popping in on ****** over the last few years, specifically the community *********. His posts recently have been great.

Here's a good one about that *********, but can be used pretty generally (including this thead).
link

Quote:
Dan Harmon
I think we need to clear something up here. This ********* does not pin praise upon praise. Not on me or my work, that's for damn sure. I'd know if that were the case. I know where to go online when I want praise and THIS IS NOT THE PLACE and it shouldn't be.

As far as I can measure, half of the stuff in this sub is negative. Half. If that's not scientifically true, I'd use the word "enough." Enough is negative. Nothing wrong with that. Sure, there's the whole "why would you watch a show that you have this many complaints about" question but if we're going to teach the internet how to stop consuming by complaining, let's all head over to the Simpsons with a lot of mops, and if shows nobody ever complains about are so great then why don't I watch them. I understand the internet.

This *********'s illness, if it has one that needs curing and can be cured, is this "I'm an underdog and you're circle jerking" disease that ERUPTED like a volcano in season 4. We all know what happened. It was a Civil War between two people with equally good intentions: the people that loved Community so much they wanted it to live forever and the people that loved Community so much they wanted it to die. Like a married couple standing over a dog that got hit by a car, and one person is saying "it's okay, it's okay," and stroking it and the other person is saying "it's not okay" and grabbing a big rock. Who's right to yell at whom? Well, it depends on your definition of a healthy dog, but the good news is, that issue's over, because this dog is up.

But now we have the legacy fight between the married couple, along the lines of "I can't believe you wanted to kill that dog" versus "I can't believe you were willing to let it suffer just to make yourself feel better and we still don't know if it has internal bleeding."
To which I say, guys, three very important things to now remember:
1. You're MARRIED.
2. You weren't driving the car that hit the dog, it was a robot truck controlled by a corporation.
3. There's no internal bleeding.

Love or hate whatever details of the show you want but if you cast yourself as part of some overall faction, as if there's such a thing as a Pro This or a Loyalist That, as if it's possible to be a True or Untrue fan of Community, the only side that wins is going to be certain entities that shall remain nameless, that resent this show, resent all of you, and resent me and that can't wait for it to go away quietly. They want to prove nothing ever happened. The ones driving the truck. This can be the third act of a great movie you guys. **** can be about to go down. I have a feeling bad guys are going to be falling in poop to tuba music while armies of actual underdogs - the unmeasured - cheer.
Not in the actual show. The show is mostly going to be muppets. It's cheaper.

Old
10-06-2013, 10:18 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
I stopped liking Community because it became less and less about the show/ content, and more and more about the petty drama going on behind the scenes. Like, that diatribe by Harmon is painful to sift through. No one cares about Chevy being a mean dude or whatever. Make a funny show for more than 1.5 seasons.

Old
10-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Sorta good/bad news. NBC are completely inept and that bleh show they put out earlier (for which they put the pilot on two weeks in advance) called Welcome To The Family had a really bad debut and there's a good chance that it will be cancelled if the ratings are below 1.0 in which case they're saying that Community will replace it.

Now the bad part about this is that there are no promos going on for Community right now. Plus I dunno if they've already filmed all the episodes but if not then this rushes them. If they start in January then I guess that Harmon has more time to work on the storylines and get the show back on track to the way it was before the Happy Endings producers made it all mushy and stupid last season.

Old
10-07-2013, 04:43 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

When is the actual first ep

Old
10-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Sorta good/bad news. NBC are completely inept and that bleh show they put out earlier (for which they put the pilot on two weeks in advance) called Welcome To The Family had a really bad debut and there's a good chance that it will be cancelled if the ratings are below 1.0 in which case they're saying that Community will replace it.

Now the bad part about this is that there are no promos going on for Community right now. Plus I dunno if they've already filmed all the episodes but if not then this rushes them. If they start in January then I guess that Harmon has more time to work on the storylines and get the show back on track to the way it was before the Happy Endings producers made it all mushy and stupid last season.
NBC has AWFUL programming right now. I don't watch unless it's Notre Dame football or SNF, or hockey.

Closed Thread