HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part IV | Marlies vs Admirals | MARLIES HEAD TO THE CALDER CUP!

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Only caught bits and pieces of that game as I was in and out of my house but they played very well from what I saw!

05-23-2012, 09:35 PM
The Beyonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
A professional hockey championship won on ACC ice would be a rare treat!

Old
05-23-2012, 09:45 PM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowLeafs View Post
I don't think you understand just how low of attendance that Marlies get...
Ricoh's been full or almost full in the playoffs, going by the game sheet. I believe it was 7500 on Monday, 6300 today.

Old
05-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafer View Post
Ricoh's been full or almost full in the playoffs, going by the game sheet. I believe it was 7500 on Monday, 6300 today.
And that's somehow going to translate into 10k+ in the ACC?

Let them sell out the Ricoh.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
WTFMAN99

It would be silly to overlook OKC at this point but Norfolk is a different kind of beast....can we beat them?

Old
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
cori
Awesomesauce

A lotta fun, and Frattin is definitely too good for the AHL. He wasn't on the score sheet, but he was buzzing and creating a lot of chances. We didn't have many shots, but had tons of great scoring chances.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:22 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Was at the game tonight. Extremely impressed with D'amigo's all around game. He was a force. Gregg Scott, Will Acton really stepped it up and played impressive games. Deschampes Dupuis and Frattin were the only top 6 forwards creating any offense. We definitely capitalized when we needed to tonight. Extremely disappointed in colborne. The last few games ive seen him play have been awful. He avoids contact like its the plague, spent the evening floating around the ice. Almost every shift he was caught out of position and the wingers needed to fill in defensively for him. I'm not sure if its the tight checking of the AHL and the lack of space but he really doesn't give anything extra out there. Glad to see colty. Gave the team a ton of energy attempting to destroy people along the boards (almost killing himself a couple of times). Abbott had a semi decent showing. He doesnt seem very comfortable in the pro game as of yet, however he was much more engaged then Colborne. Not very many high percentage shots from OKC, however scrivens closed the door

As for defense Holzer, Fraser were solid. Gardiner had flashes but nothing out of the ordinary, he seems to play better with more space which is created in the NHL.

My three stars

#1 Jerry D'amigo
#2 Nicolas Deschampes
#3 Will Acton

Of course the shut out to scrivens is a given.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Dragon 81 View Post
Don't know why people are still bothering to argue with Frankie... it's like playing chess against a pidgeon. You can be a master player, but the pidgeon will just randomly knock pieces down, **** on the board and strut around like it's the victor.
That is a great way to describe it

Old
05-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylargreyfan View Post
what camera is that, and how much you pay for ur seats

Old
05-23-2012, 10:53 PM
TrueBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Not 20000 people attention. This is still the ahl remember that
the bulldogs sold out the copps (a bit over 17,000) when they lost game 7 of the final at home the year they had both montreal's and edmonton's teams

it wouldn't be crazy to think we could get 15000 in the acc for the final

Old
05-23-2012, 10:56 PM
cori
Awesomesauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
what camera is that, and how much you pay for ur seats
Crappy camera-phone, a Galaxy Nexus. Low light, a lot of cheering, ehhh, whatever

Seats were not bad, a family 4 pack is $39.25 each ($137 total), and you get parking and a food voucher. $40 bucks for basically gold level seats(compared to the ACC).

Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

i was at the game tonight.

i will give you my full analysis tomorrow.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:18 PM
johnnyutah

I was at the game
players who were good: d'amigo, frattin, scrivens, deschamps
players who were bad: colborne, lashoff

Old
05-23-2012, 11:28 PM
blueNwhite89

got my tickets printed out for game 5!

Old
05-24-2012, 12:12 AM
agropop

Quote:
Don't know why people are still bothering to argue with Frankie... it's like playing chess against a pidgeon. You can be a master player, but the pidgeon will just randomly knock pieces down, **** on the board and strut around like it's the victor.
Well done.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Was at the last game, and wish I was at this one too! Great game, I really like Frattin he's a machine. Hope Scrivens keeps playing like this, I would love it if he competed for a spot on the Leafs next season.

Old
05-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted
I've been impressed with Hartikainen. Aside from racking up a pretty decent point total in the playoffs so far, he's been all over the place in this series against the Marlies. It seems like nearly every time the Barons have us hemmed in our own zone, Hartikainen is spearheading the operation, haha. IIRC the big knock on him when he was drafted was his skating.... I don't know just how bad it was because I never saw him play back then, but it hardly seems to be holding him back all that much now.

I've also been pretty impressed with Pitlick. I can't recall if he's scored in this series yet, but he's definitely been more of a physical presence than I expected and seems to do a lot of the 'little things' right.

Paajarvi has been good as well but I think everyone saw that coming. He'll be a top-six guy in the NHL for sure.
Hartikainen's skating could still use a boost but it is greatly improved. The guy is very strong and has a good shot, a potential power forward in the making. Pitlick has been slow to adapt to the pro game, but he's a young rookie and can already dish out some punishment, the Oilers have high hopes for this kid. And yeah Paajarvi is to us what Kadri is to your club, young and highly touted so you'd hope that both guys have good showings this postseason. It's too bad that Kadri has been hurt but the Barons need all of the help that they can get right now!

05-24-2012, 06:07 AM
Interactif

Dallas Eakins could have taught Ron Wilson a thing about coaching. He has muliple systems all based on defence first, with even with the loss of 2 main offensive contributers Ziggy and Kadri, they will find ways to win. The beat goes on, again Deschamps is impressing as a possible key 3rd liner. Good instincts and starting to use his size.

Old
05-24-2012, 06:48 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

What a win. What a game. What a great ****ing time. I got no voice left this morning but at least I'm not hungover!

Old
05-24-2012, 06:53 AM
KlattNazty

I am really interested in hearing just what it is ailing colborne besides the finger, he doesn't look anything close to normal.

Was he even taking draws ?

Old
05-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Frankie

Quote:
a petty, lame personal shot because you have no other argument. i'd say something back to you, but i have no idea who you are.

do you have anything to say about the topic?

there's no evidence that having the farm team in the same city actually helps the leafs. simply saying, "if you can't see the benefits, you're stupid", isn't evidence. and if it was such a big help, every team would have done it by now.

after 7 years with no positive results, you'd think people would have given up on this myth by now. but i don't think its ever going away.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
there's no evidence that having the farm team in the same city actually helps the leafs. simply saying, "if you can't see the benefits, you're stupid", isn't evidence. and if it was such a big help, every team would have done it by now.
Every team would probably do it if their pockets were as deep as MLSE. They take a loss financially pretty much every year with the Marlies being here. But having them in Toronto gives them the benefit of letting the kids experience the city and keep them nearby so all the different coaches can continue working with them.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:41 AM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Every team would probably do it if their pockets were as deep as MLSE. They take a loss financially pretty much every year with the Marlies being here. But having them in Toronto gives them the benefit of letting the kids experience the city and keep them nearby so all the different coaches can continue working with them.
most teams take financial losses on their farm team anyways. pocket depth isn't relevant. if it was such a big benefit to the parent team, every organization would have their farm team in the same city.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Joey Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
most teams take financial losses on their farm team anyways. pocket depth isn't relevant. if it was such a big benefit to the parent team, every organization would have their farm team in the same city.
Mist teams dont take losses on their AHL teams because they don't owN THEM.

Old
05-24-2012, 07:55 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Gotta love seeing a marlies article on the front page of the star sports section. The coverage they been getting this playoffs has been awesome

Closed Thread