HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
well the point is, all we have to do is win game 6. anything can happen if we bring it home for 7. win game 6 guys.
congrats, somebody stepped up.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Block More Shots

Alright guys, I might sound crazy here, but I think that what the Rangers should do is bring the same intensity they had after the 3-goal deficit into game 6...but here's the kicker...sustain the intensity throughout a majority of the game and capitalize on 3-4 of the chances, and we could force a Game 7.

Rangers need to be ready to go next game. None of this fall behind right away BS, come out strong and gain a lead. This is the playoffs, things are too important now to get down on yourself.

What's the best way to get a bad loss off your chest? Go out there and win a game. That's all. This team can do it.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:52 AM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
Alright guys, I might sound crazy here, but I think that what the Rangers should do is bring the same intensity they had after the 3-goal deficit into game 6...but here's the kicker...sustain the intensity throughout a majority of the game and capitalize on 3-4 of the chances, and we could force a Game 7.

Rangers need to be ready to go next game. None of this fall behind right away BS, come out strong and gain a lead. This is the playoffs, things are too important now to get down on yourself.

What's the best way to get a bad loss off your chest? Go out there and win a game. That's all. This team can do it.

you are asking and expecting waaay too much from this team with that

we all know we'll start off with the Torts Tortoise Defensive Shell off the bat......

bring the same intensity and desperation? doubt they can sustain that for even half the game

we tried to come out with intensity. they did tonight and we got caught running around to the tune of 3-0 some lucky bounces to the other side....but they all count

i'd like to believe we can bring a 60 minute game

unfortunately....not likely to happen for whatever reason

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:55 AM
corduroyg

lets not kid ourselves, we're going as far as lundqvist takes us. hes gonna need to be great in game 6, especially early, cuz the devils are gonna come out flying. we've played in 3 elimination games this year, hank has given up 1 goal in each of them. thats what we're gonna need in game 6. we can solve brodeur, but we absolutely cannot fall behind early. if we do i can see our guys packing it in.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:56 AM
corduroyg

actually he gave up 2 in game 6 against ottawa, but the 2nd was with a few seconds left that shouldnt have even counted.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
lets not kid ourselves, we're going as far as lundqvist takes us. hes gonna need to be great in game 6, especially early, cuz the devils are gonna come out flying. we've played in 3 elimination games this year, hank has given up 1 goal in each of them. thats what we're gonna need in game 6. we can solve brodeur, but we absolutely cannot fall behind early. if we do i can see our guys packing it in.
yup. hank lets 1 goal up our chances look great.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Pizza

We will win game 6. You heard it here last, LOL.

Hell, why not? They win or they go home, and these guys are not ready to go home yet I don't think.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:00 AM
chip chipperson*

id like to apologize to dantes. sorry for busting your chops. this is what the team will do to me.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:02 AM
NHL94com*

I knew we were dead after Game 1 when Felip Bondy of the Daily News wrote...

...that stupid article about how the Rangers would be advancing to the finals with ease in 5 games, and how the Devils were finished.

I hate that guy with a passion. He must've been trying to put a reverse jinx on the Rangers. Looks like the mother f'er succeeded.

NHL94com* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:26 AM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
Unfortunately for us fans, the Rangers only seem to be able to light a fire under their ***** when their backs are literally up against the wall. That's the situation they will be facing on Friday and I'm confident that they will have one of their best games of the series. Unfortunately, I don't think that will be enough. However, since this is a thread which I believe is intended to prevent people from jumping off bridges, I'll say this: I'm pretty sure no team ranked 6th, 7th, or 8th has ever won the Stanley Cup. Also, the Rangers have only lost 3 games in a row twice this season-the first 3 games of the season which included a shootout loss, and once again in March. So just think about that if you've already got the noose around your neck.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Blueshirt Believer

All I am going to say:

STOP IT with the 94 comparison's. This team is NOT the 94 Rangers, not in terms of talent, system, or experience.

Some of our fan base needs to let go of that nonsense. Live in the present and stop living in the past. Let this team succeed or fail without being in the shadow of a completely unrelated team.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 02:33 AM
NYRKING30

I smell history repeating itself.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Giacomin

There is no way we are dead. This team has so much character I would be very surprised if on June 13th Callahan is not holding the Cup and Lundqvist is not the Smythe winner. Remember all the fans who were ready to jump off the bridge when the Pens won about 12 in a row. We will win!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
skymachine

I understand wanting to be a realist here, and it's hard to get excited for Game 6 especially after tonights game. The only objective reality is that the series is 3-2. Meaning, it's not over. I will say the Devils had looked like the better team more times then not over the past 5 games. Truth is, I said the same thing about Ottawa after Game 5. If Richards didn't score in Game 5, I would have said the same about the Caps.

Being a fan of a team isn't even rational in itself. None of us play for the team or own a stake in the team. I doubt most of us have any personal relationship with the players or management. Yet we spend so much emotional energy game in and out on this team for our love of the Ranger franchise and the game.

With that, it's perfectly okay to believe that this team can pull it off. They've surprised us all and found ways to win all year. If one is going to quit now, then why would one even bother watch Game 6? Wouldn't that be a waste of time? We're all fans and want this team to win. They still have a chance, it's not over.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:10 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Must I remind everyone here about what happened in 1994? Lost Games 4 and 5 facing elimination in Game 6, only to have "The Guarantee" and the unforgetable Game 7 happen.

I said to a friend after Game 3 that the Devils would take the next two, but that the Rangers will take it in 7. Season's not over yet guys.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:21 AM
gonyr13

Ottawa Series vs New Jersey

Guys, did we forget we beat Ottawa in games 6 and 7 to move on after losing game 5?? YES I KNOW NJ IS BETTER THAN OTTAWA

Let's be honest, the 3 goals given up yesterday in the 1st period is probably the last time we will see that type of disgrace again from our King. Gabbys miss, Cally hitting the post, missed turnarounds by Richards, McD, and the missed shot by Kreider. That was our game last night, the devils stole it from us! The Devils have weak sides, they blew a 3-0 lead vs Florida and almost did it vs us last night. Let's have some heart boys, this team hasn't gone all this way to bend over to the armpit of America.

BELIEVE!!!

LETS GO RANGERS LETS GO RANGERS LETS GO RANGERS

gonyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:25 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

I appreciate the post and admire your positive energy. Instead of using the word "hope" I'll just go with the word that the Rangers have been using all season and you used above: BELIEVE!.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Jersey Girl

NJ is a FAR superior team to Ottawa, especially the way they are playing now with their players stepping up at the biggest time of the year.

That said, Anderson was much better than Brodeur has been this series...the classless goalie is just aching to let in goals. We just have to apply some pressure to allow him to do that.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
nyrtrublue

Ive come to the conclusion the Rangers can win whenever they want they just feel that the fan base puts too much pressure on them and they are just trying to kill us off with heart attacks to alleviate the negativity and the pressure

nyrtrublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:35 AM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrtrublue View Post
Ive come to the conclusion the Rangers can win whenever they want they just feel that the fan base puts too much pressure on them and they are just trying to kill us off with heart attacks to alleviate the negativity and the pressure
Strangely, there might be some legitimacy to this theory... Every single game I feel confident about them (Game 5 vs. Ottawa, Game 6 in Washington, Game 4 in NJ and last night), they lose.

When I'm bummed and lose all expectations, they come through (Games 6/7 in the Ottawa series, 3OT game and Game 6 against Washington and Games 6/7 of this series -- wink, wink!) they pull through and restore order in my mind.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
gonyr13

I think the decision with the 1st line yesterday was good, I like Kreiders speed and he fits in much better with Richards and Hags. Henrik is a MUCH better goalie than how he played last night and he will show that tomorrow night. I know it's a must win tomorrow or we'll join Philly and Pitt in the Atlantic Division golf course but I think the pressure is on NJ more than us. Look at the Ottawa series, game 6 was their game and we came in there for a purpose. The Devils don't want to come back to MSG. Keep firing shots on that Twinkie eating peice of ****, get some guys in front of the nets on rebounds and ENOUGH WITH THE DAMN PENALTIES. I say start off the game with a quick fight and suck the life out of that miserable arena. Rangers 4 Devils 2, Cally with the empty net to seal it.

With that said, any rangers fan gonna be in Boston tomorrow night? I'm heading to the Joshua Tree in Brighton or Green Briar in Brighton to watch the game.

gonyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

For some odd reason I feel more confident after that loss than if we would have won. The pressure is on them now, and if we play how we did last night minus the first 10 minutes we will win.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

This is nuts. WE ARE ONLY DOWN 1 GAME.

If we simply win the next game, we force a game 7 in OUR BUILDING.

People, this is not the end of the world. We can do this.

Don't let Kershaw or any other negative nancy tell you different.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonyr13 View Post
I think the decision with the 1st line yesterday was good, I like Kreiders speed and he fits in much better with Richards and Hags. Henrik is a MUCH better goalie than how he played last night and he will show that tomorrow night. I know it's a must win tomorrow or we'll join Philly and Pitt in the Atlantic Division golf course but I think the pressure is on NJ more than us. Look at the Ottawa series, game 6 was their game and we came in there for a purpose. The Devils don't want to come back to MSG. Keep firing shots on that Twinkie eating peice of ****, get some guys in front of the nets on rebounds and ENOUGH WITH THE DAMN PENALTIES. I say start off the game with a quick fight and suck the life out of that miserable arena. Rangers 4 Devils 2, Cally with the empty net to seal it.

With that said, any rangers fan gonna be in Boston tomorrow night? I'm heading to the Joshua Tree in Brighton or Green Briar in Brighton to watch the game.
I saw game 7 of the Ottawa series in Joshua Tree in NY, there's one in Boston?

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Last night was one of the most devastating losses that I can remember as an adult. Just absolutely brutal how it unfolded. I can't remember the last time that a sports game made me feel that horrible.

That being said, if the Rangers can play like they did from 15:41 in the first until 0:17 in the third for a whole game, they will win game 6 and they will win game 7. It's a matter of which Rangers team shows up.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote