HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I am a huge optimist but its extremely unfair to rag on Dantes19 after tonight.

To say this was a debilitating loss is quite the understatement.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:58 PM
corduroyg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Too bad there was no HFBoards in 1994, I would love to see some of the posts after the Game 5 loss against the Devils that year. They would probably look something like this:

"Fire Keenan!"

"Worst PP in the league"

"Leetch sucks!"

"Scratch Kovalev, he has no heart"

"We'll never win a cup with Richter"

Of course, that team is a lot more talented than this year's squad. But it ain't over til it over. The Rangers looked horrible in Games 4 and 5 in 1994 but pulled it out in the end.

youre forgetting the most obvious post if there was an hf board after game 5 in '94...........

1940!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
SnowBlindNYR, where were you when they tied it and made it 3-3? You posted several times when they were down 3-0 but were nowhere to be found when they tied it. Hmmm....
I was celebrating and watching the game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:59 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
Well, we'll have to just take your word since your 20 posts would seem to indicate otherwise.

I respect your right to have an opinion that differs from mine; I don't see anything close to that same kind of respect coming from you.
i have no respect for quiters and people that polute the air with secondhand smoke. 20 posts does not tell the whole story.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:01 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Dont give up hope, we have to go and win 2 in a row. Our backs are against the wall and now it is time to show if we are truly the best team in the eastern conference

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
If even Bob Richards cannot be optimistic, it is a sad day.
I'll even admit that my Game 6/7 guarantee was more primal, testosterone induced rage than anything else.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

So i guess people with low post counts know nothing, is that how it works here? LOL and people who use big words are smarter too right? I believe in this NYR team and i don't care what happens i'm behind them, my reality is that we can win any game on any given day against any team.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
So depressed thinking Fri may be it....give me some substantive reasons why not
1-1 in their arena.

Lundqvist at his best is a better goalie than Brodeur.

Lundqvist is a competitor and will bounce back.

4 PP goals this series, better than regular season.

Dubinsky has had a game to knock off rust.

3-0 in games where loses would be season enders these playoffs.

None of these guarantee a win, but plenty of reason not to throw in the towel either.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:03 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
WE AREN'T OUT YET...You probably hope we lose just so you can say i told ya so, what a fake fan.
I'm a fake fan because I don't believe this team has it in them to pull off something that happens like 20% of the time twice in the same playoffs? Because I think that when you lose a game about as bad as you can lose it after pouring your heart into it, you're not going to pour your heart into it again. Because we were garbage in Prudential Center and I see the lack of energy from the long season and from the debilitating loss will be the death of this team in that building? Well I guess I'm a fake fan. Being a fan isn't only about being optimistic 24/7.

Old
corduroyg

we dont gotta win 2 in a row, right now we just gotta win 1 in a row.

Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Not giving you orders but if you think they are done then why should you have the right to celebrate a championship? You counted them out a few times actually and you ate your words every time. If you think were done then get out of here bro because nobody needs to hear you and your "reality". I think we can win and so do other people but you have a problem with those people.

Because thinking they are done does not make me any less of a fan. I'm not sure why it's hard for people like you to comprehend the fact that there's more to being a fan than just being unrelentingly optimistic. There's nothing wrong with urgently hoping the team wins suspecting strongly that they won't.

Also, the irony of you, the 1 month veteran, telling me to leave is purely laughable. Again, try to follow this: you don't get to set the rules. Perhaps you shouldn't insult someone who has been here far longer and, in all likelihood, been following the team a lot longer (long before '89).

I think we can win, too, by the way. I've specifically posted that, but you seem to have missed it. What I said is that I don't think they will. There's nothing heretical about that. I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me -- it seems incredibly clear that you are the one who has a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours. I respect your right to your opinion, so perhaps you could be sophisticated enough to do the same.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
SA16
Sixstring

You all overrate momentum and such. They will just come out for game 6 like nothing happened in game 5. They are professional athletes they don't get let down after losing games and then just mail it in and not show up for the next game. It's also been happening this entire playoffs, winning every other game and such, playing a good game, then a bad game etc.. Anyway this was the best game we played all series so if anything it's a good thing. Sometimes you get unlucky, refs miss things (gionta high stick), and bounces don't go your way and you lose, whatever. The team played well there really isn't much to complain about. Sure they didn't play well after they scored the 3rd goal but for the vast majority of the game they completely dominated play. We were getting more scoring chances this game than multiple of the other games combined. We held them to few shots. Did Lundqvist play his best game? No. But I mean really the first goal wasn't his fault as the play shouldn't have happened. The second goal was a horribly unlucky bounce (and if you want you can say it was somewhat negated on Callahans goal which was an unlucky bounce off his leg for the devils). The third goal...well yea that's on Hank but McDonagh can't turn that puck over just as he's entered the offensive zone and the 4th goal was just a one timer going cross ice, that's a goal on anyone so really I don't thin he was as bad today as you are all making him out to be.

If we play like we did today, for the rest of the series, I'm confident that we can win the next two games and move on. If we play like we did in some of the other games, well then we will have to hope the bounces go our way for good things to happen but at least we know the guys have it in them to play to this level. We just have to hope that they show up crisp and ready to go on Friday.

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I love Torts as a coach but he has NO answer for that type of game. He can run it. He can't stop it. It's insane.

It may be personell. I don't know.

It's pathetic.

ANY team that plays the ways the Devils have against us wins. Even if they're not good at it.
it just seems like they are only capable of urgency when they are down, whether in a game or in any of the series as a whole. they play to break even, not to lose.

funny, i used to scream at Renney for this mentality. Seems worse with Tortorella. although it's not his fault we have hardly any top scoring talent.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

SnowBlindNYR i'm finished replying to you bro, have a good night. LGR. If we win i'm sure you won't be posting.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

As long as Lundqvist is in net, that's all the substance I need to believe in a comeback. It's going to be tedious, ugly, and horrendously difficult. But still possible.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:05 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Because thinking they are done does not make me any less of a fan. I'm not sure why it's hard for people like you to comprehend the fact that there's more to being a fan than just being unrelentingly optimistic. There's nothing wrong with urgently hoping the team wins suspecting strongly that they won't.

Also, the irony of you, the 1 month veteran, telling me to leave is purely laughable. Again, try to follow this: you don't get to set the rules. Perhaps you shouldn't insult someone who has been here far longer and, in all likelihood, been following the team a lot longer (long before '89).
I think we can win, too, by the way. I've specifically posted that, but you seem to have missed it. What I said is that I don't think they will. There's nothing heretical about that. I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me -- it seems incredibly clear that you are the one who has a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours. I respect your right to your opinion, so perhaps you could be sophisticated enough to do the same.
height of all douchery.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Stay Positive Guys ..... You guys have a great team this year ! Game # 6 is yours to bring back to MSG. Best of luck to you and your team . Go Hank

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I was celebrating and watching the game.
To be fair I'm a lot more likely to post when the Rangers are down than when they are doing well. Snowy here might be a Hank hater, for no logical reason whatsoever (at least that's how I see it), but I wouldn't make some sort of conspiracy about something based on this.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
1-1 in their arena.

Lundqvist at his best is a better goalie than Brodeur.

Lundqvist is a competitor and will bounce back.

4 PP goals this series, better than regular season.

Dubinsky has had a game to knock off rust.

3-0 in games where loses would be season enders these playoffs.

None of these guarantee a win, but plenty of reason not to throw in the towel either.
1) He's been at his in 40% of the games this series

2) Why didn't he bounce back from game 4?

3) 0 in the last two games (though on few attempts). We're not scoring **** even with the PP goals.

4) Dubinsky sucks this year, he won't be the difference maker.

5) Only valid point. But how many were following losses like this?

Old
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
corduroyg

hopefully the devils lack that killer instinct that we've lacked all playoffs long in game 6. devils aint invinceable, they needed back to back ot wins to survive a mediocre panthers team, and brodeur is very beatable. we just need hank to be hank and absolutely cannot fall behind early or else we goin fishing.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:07 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Does this team really want to lose to the Devils?

How much does winning mean to them?

We have to THROW EVERYTHING TO THE NET AGAINST MARTY

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:

So because you been here longer and rooted longer, i have no right to tell you to get out of here if you are gonna be negative? That isn't fair bro. I don't care how long you been rooting for the team and i don't care how long you been here and i'm sure your a decent guy but you are just being a bit negative imo.

You said you think they can and then you don't think they can win, that makes alot of sense. And i respect your opinion, i just disagree with it. We can agree to disagree i have no problems with that.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
what is it about people that pull rank? that guy has been here a month and believes in his team, you dont. you're a fake fan. instead of saying this loss sucks lets win game 6, its im looking at reality and its a longshot. you shouldn't even be watching game 6. and thats not an order, im just looking at reality. you dont think it can be done, so sit outside and smoke your cigarette and dont watch.

Your opinion on this is truly absurd. I've stood by this team through the darkest parts of their existence. I didn't climb on recently on like some bandwagon fans around here. You have the most limited and unsophisticated concept of being a fan I've ever seen on these boards. What's wrong with looking at reality? Why is that such a taboo idea? Why does expressing doubt automatically me from being a 'true fan'?

The idea that I person has to be blindly optimistic in order to be a 'true fan' is preposterous, and the fact that you can't see that is just sad. I mean, I guess it was easy to be a fan in the '98-'04 years right? And anyone who expressed pessimism at any point was not a true fan? And expressing doubt when Drury scored with 7.7 left would've made a fake, too, I assume?

I will be watching Game 6, and I will be desperately hoping the Rangers win. Expressing doubt about their ability to do so certainly doesn't make any less of a fan than a luminary like yourself.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:09 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
To be fair I'm a lot more likely to post when the Rangers are down than when they are doing well. Snowy here might be a Hank hater, for no logical reason whatsoever (at least that's how I see it), but I wouldn't make some sort of conspiracy about something based on this.
Thank you. Honestly, when they do poorly I need a place to vent. When they do well, what am I going to right "yay, go Gabby!"? Everyone saw the goal, no need to post it. Also I'm not a Hank hater per se. I just hate the fact that I think he has the talent and technical skills to be Patrick friggin Roy but then chokes. First he likely chokes away the Vezina possibly in the last game of the season. Now he possibly choked away a finals berth. He can be so much more than he is and it pisses me off.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:10 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
hopefully the devils lack that killer instinct that we've lacked all playoffs long in game 6. devils aint invinceable, they needed back to back ot wins to survive a mediocre panthers team, and brodeur is very beatable. we just need hank to be hank and absolutely cannot fall behind early or else we goin fishing.
Seems they have more of a killer instinct than we do, just from loose observation on their previous 2 series'.

I dunno how this team will respond to a loss like this. If they build off of it and use it as further motivation then I think we can win both of the next two games. But if they take the likelier route, which is to get down on themselves and succumb to their aches and pains and mental lapses out of deflation and self pity, then this series is over.

Oh well. It'd be great if we pulled out another crazy series ending.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote