HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Dantes19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I am a huge optimist but its extremely unfair to rag on Dantes19 after tonight.

To say this was a debilitating loss is quite the understatement.

I agree; yet, according to some on here, you are a 'fake fan' for posting that opinion.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
1) He's been at his in 40% of the games this series

2) Why didn't he bounce back from game 4?

3) 0 in the last two games (though on few attempts). We're not scoring **** even with the PP goals.

4) Dubinsky sucks this year, he won't be the difference maker.

5) Only valid point. But how many were following losses like this?
Yeah, **** it. throw in the towel........ call the NHL, forfeit..... it's over.

I usually stay away from our depressing home board...... but occasionally I revisit just to remind myself why.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
it just seems like they are only capable of urgency when they are down, whether in a game or in any of the series as a whole. they play to break even, not to lose.

funny, i used to scream at Renney for this mentality. Seems worse with Tortorella. although it's not his fault we have hardly any top scoring talent.
But it's not THEM!

It's when they have TIME afforded them by any team NOT playing that forecheck.

It... Is... Not... A failure by the NYR when things go wrong, and not a success either when they go right. It is the Devils (or teams like them) backing off.

I think they can win game 6.

But I'll say: if the Devils come
Out with that fore check it'll be 2-0 before the end of 1 again, because we have no answer.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
The Devils aren't the Senators. Looking at the situation realistically, there's very little reason to think the Rangers will win the next 2.

Have to accept the fact that the series is most probably over.
Oh shut up.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Yeah, **** it. throw in the towel........ call the NHL, forfeit..... it's over.

I usually stay away from our depressing home board...... but occasionally I revisit just to remind myself why.
At this point I'm giving 90% over. 80% because those are the chances of coming back from 3-2 down and 10% because of the way they lost this game. Not 100%, but pretty close to it.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
height of all douchery.

Actually, it's not, since he first called into question my devotion/'true-ness' as a fan. I was pointing out why it was silly of him to do that.

But, I wouldn't expect you to actually acknowledge any kind of logic.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
At this point I'm giving 90% over. 80% because those are the chances of coming back from 3-2 down and 10% because of the way they lost this game. Not 100%, but pretty close to it.
Again, this was you all season.... I wouldn't expect any less.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Oh shut up.

Anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong.

Anyone who expresses any kind of severe doubt automatically loses their fan status.

Go ahead and lecture me on what it means to be a real fan...

Old
05-23-2012, 11:16 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Again, this was you all season.... I wouldn't expect any less.
I'm not being reactionary like I've been a good portion of the season on game day threads. I don't see why last post was so unreasonable.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:17 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Yeah, it's over.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:18 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Whoa

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Your opinion on this is truly absurd. I've stood by this team through the darkest parts of their existence. I didn't climb on recently on like some bandwagon fans around here. You have the most limited and unsophisticated concept of being a fan I've ever seen on these boards. What's wrong with looking at reality? Why is that such a taboo idea? Why does expressing doubt automatically me from being a 'true fan'?

The idea that I person has to be blindly optimistic in order to be a 'true fan' is preposterous, and the fact that you can't see that is just sad. I mean, I guess it was easy to be a fan in the '98-'04 years right? And anyone who expressed pessimism at any point was not a true fan? And expressing doubt when Drury scored with 7.7 left would've made a fake, too, I assume?

I will be watching Game 6, and I will be desperately hoping the Rangers win. Expressing doubt about their ability to do so certainly doesn't make any less of a fan than a luminary like yourself.
no body cares when or how long you have been rooting for them... no body.

it can be done and its not about blind optimism. its about not whining about it and backing it up with "im looking at reality".

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Thank you. Honestly, when they do poorly I need a place to vent. When they do well, what am I going to right "yay, go Gabby!"? Everyone saw the goal, no need to post it. Also I'm not a Hank hater per se. I just hate the fact that I think he has the talent and technical skills to be Patrick friggin Roy but then chokes. First he likely chokes away the Vezina possibly in the last game of the season. Now he possibly choked away a finals berth. He can be so much more than he is and it pisses me off.
Patrick Roy had better teams in front of him than Hank has had and has. The last 2 games aren't really a fair sample size on Henrik.

Own goal by Stralman in game 4. Terrible 2 on 1 leaving Henrik w no chance. 3rd goal I'll say was weak but he was trying to position himself, it was a reflex.

Tonight another tip in by a player left alone in front of Henrik. Another own goal by Stralman. I'll debate that the 3rd goal could have been saved again although it was more difficult than some are making it seem to save. The 4th goal again he had little to no chance to save.

1 maybe 2 weak goals out of 7. I dunno how to defend him other than that, he's been our backbone for years, including this one, and has clearly been our MVP throughout the season and playoffs. Without Henrik we're not anywhere near the #1 seed, we're not making it this far in the playoffs either.

Don't be so quick to get down on him just yet, he was spectacular in game 7 against Washington and spectacular against Ottawa in games 6 and 7 in round one. Who knows, he might just stand on his head 2 more times before this series is all said and done.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:19 PM
BlessThisMess513

Quote:
Because thinking they are done does not make me any less of a fan. I'm not sure why it's hard for people like you to comprehend the fact that there's more to being a fan than just being unrelentingly optimistic. There's nothing wrong with urgently hoping the team wins suspecting strongly that they won't.

Also, the irony of you, the 1 month veteran, telling me to leave is purely laughable. Again, try to follow this: you don't get to set the rules. Perhaps you shouldn't insult someone who has been here far longer and, in all likelihood, been following the team a lot longer (long before '89).

I think we can win, too, by the way. I've specifically posted that, but you seem to have missed it. What I said is that I don't think they will. There's nothing heretical about that. I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me -- it seems incredibly clear that you are the one who has a problem with people who have an opinion that differs from yours. I respect your right to your opinion, so perhaps you could be sophisticated enough to do the same.
I'd like to think that just because you spent 9 years on a message board doesn't make you a better fan. Not everyone had the opportunity of being birthed in the 70's/80's to be watching that long. Just because you have seniority does't mean newer posters can't insult you (no one should insult anyone regardless).Thats like me saying you can't talk down to me because you don't live in NY so I'm the superior fan.

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:19 PM
dynamoovechkin

People are being negative because there is a lot to be negative about.
This was the first "statement" game that we lost all year. Hank was off his game, Richards was invisible. DelZotto was -3 and a train wreck for the second consecutive game, Stepan is now a waste of a roster spot, Hagelin is totally snakebit.

Look at the Devils- they get key goals from superstars Ponikarovsky and Ryan freakin' Carter this playoff series. Besides the goal tonight from Prust, when are our grinders going to step up.

Another ugly, ugly start to the game for us. Yeah, we found our legs after going down 3-0- so what? This is a demoralizing loss for sure.

And to think, after all the dominating Hank has done against the Devs in the regular season, to be eliminated by them in what was supposed to be the year of destiny, the year that all the breaks fell right? I'd like to be optimistic, but this might be Hank's only sniff at a cup in his career.

This game sucked. Hard.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:20 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
my head hurts alot from this game.....

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Actually, it's not, since he first called into question my devotion/'true-ness' as a fan. I was pointing out why it was silly of him to do that.

But, I wouldn't expect you to actually acknowledge any kind of logic.
the best point made in that post was my quote at the top of it. he did question you and you came back with i have more posts than you. you have reached the height of the douchery mountain and i bet you smoked a cigarette when you got there.

Old
TrueBlue42

Send a message via ICQ to TrueBlue42 Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue42 Send a message via MSN to TrueBlue42 Send a message via Skype™ to TrueBlue42
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snouch View Post
no body cares when or how long you have been rooting for them... no body.

it can be done and its not about blind optimism. its about not whining about it and backing it up with "im looking at reality".
Take off the rose colored glasses, and realize that voicing concern or even doubt does not make you a bad fan. There are some people who love their sports teams like a 5 year old loves mommy "Mommy can do no wrong ever!", and there are some people who love their sports teams like a jaded new yorker "Well, sometimes we suck but I still buy my tickets, watch my games, and etc." Just because someone is not the same type of fan you are does not make them any less a fan, does not make their opinion any less valid.

Hell if it wasn't for differing opinions this entire board would be one giant **********.

TrueBlue42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Yeah, it's over.
Cynical much?

Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
But it's not THEM!

It's when they have TIME afforded them by any team NOT playing that forecheck.

It... Is... Not... A failure by the NYR when things go wrong, and not a success either when they go right. It is the Devils (or teams like them) backing off.

I think they can win game 6.

But I'll say: if the Devils come
Out with that fore check it'll be 2-0 before the end of 1 again, because we have no answer.
earlier in the season we had an answer. our defense is fried, chasing their tails...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
To say this was a debilitating loss is quite the understatement.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2011030115
So was that.

I'm not going to waste too much more time trying to spread my optimism. But even after the last two disappointments, this team is a two game winning streak away from the Stanley Cup Finals. 27 teams would want that position.

I'm sure there was similar pessimism after the Rangers lost 2 chances to win the Cup in 1994. Here's what Mark Messier had to say:

Quote:
We’ve had a chance to win Games 5 & 6, they responded. They played well. But [the way] we’re looking at it, we have an opportunity to go home for Game 7 to win a Stanley Cup. And, like I say, what more can you ask for than that?

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
People are being negative because there is a lot to be negative about.
This was the first "statement" game that we lost all year. Hank was off his game, Richards was invisible. DelZotto was -3 and a train wreck for the second consecutive game, Stepan is now a waste of a roster spot, Hagelin is totally snakebit.

Look at the Devils- they get key goals from superstars Ponikarovsky and Ryan freakin' Carter this playoff series. Besides the goal tonight from Prust, when are our grinders going to step up.

Another ugly, ugly start to the game for us. Yeah, we found our legs after going down 3-0- so what? This is a demoralizing loss for sure.

And to think, after all the dominating Hank has done against the Devs in the regular season, to be eliminated by them in what was supposed to be the year of destiny, the year that all the breaks fell right? I'd like to be optimistic, but this might be Hank's only sniff at a cup in his career.

This game sucked. Hard.
Game 5 against Ottawa was also a statement game...

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Patrick Roy had better teams in front of him than Hank has had and has. The last 2 games aren't really a fair sample size on Henrik.

Own goal by Stralman in game 4. Terrible 2 on 1 leaving Henrik w no chance. 3rd goal I'll say was weak but he was trying to position himself, it was a reflex.

Tonight another tip in by a player left alone in front of Henrik. Another own goal by Stralman. I'll debate that the 3rd goal could have been saved again although it was more difficult than some are making it seem to save. The 4th goal again he had little to no chance to save.

1 maybe 2 weak goals out of 7. I dunno how to defend him other than that, he's been our backbone for years, including this one, and has clearly been our MVP throughout the season and playoffs. Without Henrik we're not anywhere near the #1 seed, we're not making it this far in the playoffs either.

Don't be so quick to get down on him just yet, he was spectacular in game 7 against Washington and spectacular against Ottawa in games 6 and 7 in round one. Who knows, he might just stand on his head 2 more times before this series is all said and done.
Patrick Roy's Montreal teams weren't anything to write home about though.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:23 PM
evilllempire*

Send a message via AIM to evilllempire*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post

This game sucked. Hard.
don't forget Stephen Fing Gionta too.....the Scrub of the 2 Gionta Bros.

And yes.....When the ****** are our Grinders ever going to contribute? Rupper? Big baby Boyle? Guess Pruster scored so that counts???

and yes......SUCKED HARD

evilllempire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:24 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
Take off the rose colored glasses, and realize that voicing concern or even doubt does not make you a bad fan. There are some people who love their sports teams like a 5 year old loves mommy "Mommy can do no wrong ever!", and there are some people who love their sports teams like a jaded new yorker "Well, sometimes we suck but I still buy my tickets, watch my games, and etc." Just because someone is not the same type of fan you are does not make them any less a fan, does not make their opinion any less valid.

Hell if it wasn't for differing opinions this entire board would be one giant **********.
i dont wear glasses because i have perfect eyesight.

but he and whoever "looks at reality" is a quiter. and if theres one thing i cant stand, its a guy that gives up when something gets hard. "because surrender is death. and death is for *******"