HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF: Devils troll the Rangers in Game 5, win 5-3 and take 3-2 series lead

Old
05-24-2012, 09:32 AM
selyar
Need cupcakes?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Just wanted to pop in here and say hi! New here, long time Devils fan and stumbled across here by accident at work one day.

My friend said everyone on WFAN is stating the Devils were outplayed last night and they thought after the Rangers tied it up they would take the game since they were home. They are actually giving the Devils a lot of credit for the win last night.

So excited for Game 6 -- wish I could go. My Facebook friends already hate me for my Devils posts and I think I've made a few enemies, but it feels so good.
welcome. the stig is the man.

selyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

Ya, Patty scored, but he didn't have a very good game.
Elias was AWFUL yet again last night.

If he's injured or gassed, frankly, I'd bench him and put a rested Sykora back in for a game. Elias is a net negative to the Devils, and has been for about 4 games now. Something is not right. It's one thing to be snakebitten, or going through a poor stretch, but this is neither. This is a recent PPG player who looks like he cant even play the game now.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison Ford View Post
That post goal grin combined with the arm raise after every goal scored by his line makes me feel all goooey inside. What a great story.

For the regular season, is he still here though? I think it all depends on if we keep Bernier or not, and/or if the coaches feel like they don't need an enforcer in the game.
If our 4th line isn't reunited at the start of the 2012-13 campaing, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

There's no valid reason not to resign all 3 guys, wich won't cost us a arm and a leg, after the performance they've been giving us thus far.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

This upcoming game is easily one of the biggest games in the history of the organization. Devils can avenge the 1994 debacle. Vanquish the Rangers and their lapdogs in the media. Go to our 5th Stanley Cup Finals. Perhaps, send Marty out on top of the world. A win would complete the resume for the entire organization.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
The couch has never been so comfy.
LOL You're so right!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I'm a firm believer in that in order to win you need a different hero every night.

The unlikely heroes always seem to be the most likely in the playoffs but your regular contributors need to contribute.
And that is exactly how we have rolled all playoffs. Keep it up boys!

Who'll be our Game 6 hero!?

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:34 AM
misery

So does anybody know what's up with Barry Melrose? Why does he hate on the Devils so much? Every time the Devils win, he says it's because the other team sucked and the Devils did not deserve to win.

After last nights game he was saying how the Devils were lucky and didn't deserve to win that game. Pretty much not giving the Devils any credit at all, then picking the Rangers in 7 still.

Guy is an ass.

misery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If the puck goes off your skate, regardless if you kicked it or not, NO GOAL!
So many goals go in off skates with players just standing there Elias did regardless with the fact it then hit a Ranger skate after. I think the rule is good its the application thats poor. The call on Parise goal was 100% correct. This one 100% wrong. CBC showed even a better angle of it last night that i saw on the highlights. if they are going to change the rule in any way I'd like all redirects with skates ,kicking motion or not outside the crease are goals. Any re direct with a skate that happens inside the crease will be disallowed.

Devils86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:36 AM
martyisgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by misery View Post
So does anybody know what's up with Barry Melrose? Why does he hate on the Devils so much? Every time the Devils win, he says it's because the other team sucked and the Devils did not deserve to win.

After last nights game he was saying how the Devils were lucky and didn't deserve to win that game. Pretty much not giving the Devils any credit at all, then picking the Rangers in 7 still.

Guy is an ass.
guy is a moron. If hes right about them not deserving to win last night because they were outplayed, then I hope he agrees the Rangers should not have won games 1 and 3 and not give them credit.

martyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by misery View Post

Guy is an ass.
For someone who still rocks the mullet pretty hard and didn't have any confidence in Stamkos when coaching the Bolts... I wouldn't listen to him if he was the only hockey announcer left on the planet.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Devils86

Barry Melrose is a tool...when we win Friday night I expect him to say one of two things. The Rangers will bounce back and take the series in 9 or the Kings will sweep and win the Cup on the road in Game 2

Old
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Marty's Better!

Devils/Rangers Series

Brodeur 3-2 2.01 GAA .923 SVP
Swedish Staypuff 2-3 2.02 GAA .922 SVP

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:39 AM
JimEIV

One thing I need to get off my chest....If I see one more damn reference to 1994 I'm gonna shoot someone....I would image imagine that 95% of these are under 30 years old, so wtf were you 8 in 94? 10 maybe? More likely 3 or 4. **** I don't want to hear it.

Sorry. I needed to say that.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
What's the 4th line's nickname? The Cabbage line??

I still think the Crashline was better. but this is a close 2nd.
CBGB is the best Nic I have heard for the line..as per Sherry Ross

Old
05-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
One thing I need to get off my chest....If I see one more damn reference to 1994 I'm gonna shoot someone....I would image imagine that 95% of these are under 30 years old, so wtf were you 8 in 94? 10 maybe? More likely 3 or 4. **** I don't want to hear it.

It's all good Jim - you know we're all thinking the same thing.

Old
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If our 4th line isn't reunited at the start of the 2012-13 campaing, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

There's no valid reason not to resign all 3 guys, wich won't cost us a arm and a leg, after the performance they've been giving us thus far.
I hope they find a way, because it is ridiculous how much chemistry they have together. This is the perfect playoff fourth line we've been missing since about forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
LOL You're so right!
You and Tony are awesome. I can barely talk to my friends who are Rangers fans, can't imagine even living with one at this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
This upcoming game is easily one of the biggest games in the history of the organization. Devils can avenge the 1994 debacle. Vanquish the Rangers and their lapdogs in the media. Go to our 5th Stanley Cup Finals. Perhaps, send Marty out on top of the world. A win would complete the resume for the entire organization.
This is a lot of pressure, but its crunch time and I am sure the Rangers feel this is equally as important. Who even knows if LA can be stopped in the SCF but thats why you play the games. Game 6 is going to be Mayhem at the rock.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

Quote:

Think on the bright side. If the devils win, we can sorta erase the 94 hysteria.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

For someone who never won anything of importance at the NHL level, "The King" is getting alot of love from the entire hockey world for whatever reason. Don't get me wrong, he's a solid goaltender but at the end of the day, your resume is what will put you over the top and Henrik's resume isn't all that great last time I checked other then dominating the regular season.

The real deal is in the post season and he's still raw when it comes to the most important time of the year.

Chew on that New York

Old
05-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
That is what I'm hoping for....Those kind of goals have a tendency to start a roll...And a hot Elias is a successful NJ team.
Pretty much. We all know it. As Patty goes, so go the Devils.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Elias was AWFUL yet again last night.

If he's injured or gassed, frankly, I'd bench him and put a rested Sykora back in for a game. Elias is a net negative to the Devils, and has been for about 4 games now. Something is not right. It's one thing to be snakebitten, or going through a poor stretch, but this is neither. This is a recent PPG player who looks like he cant even play the game now.
Nah, I wouldn't bench him. He isn't quite a negative yet, he has still been good defensively. And you can't bench a locker room leader like that. DeBoer knows that he has to have Elias's confidence for the team to be successful.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:

I'm 30, so that means I was 12 in 1994. If you're younger than me...GO SCRATCH with your 94 crap!

Quote:
You and Tony are awesome. I can barely talk to my friends who are Rangers fans, can't imagine even living with one at this time!
That's why we established rules very early on. Things are going really well and we haven't fought after a game (yet).

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Pretty much. We all know it. As Patty goes, so go the Devils.

Nah, I wouldn't bench him. He isn't quite a negative yet, he has still been good defensively. And you can't bench a locker room leader like that. DeBoer knows that he has to have Elias's confidence for the team to be successful.
Elias is worth his weight in gold defensively at the very least.

GentlemanOfLeisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Harrison Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
For someone who still rocks the mullet pretty hard and didn't have any confidence in Stamkos when coaching the Bolts... I wouldn't listen to him if he was the only hockey announcer left on the planet.
Yep theres a reason why he's on NHL.com and not behind an NHL bench.
Quote:

If we can win this, we'll never hear about 94 again.

Harrison Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:46 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
Barry Melrose is a tool...when we win Friday night I expect him to say one of two things. The Rangers will bounce back and take the series in 9 or the Kings will sweep and win the Cup on the road in Game 2
Except he pretty much said something like that already.
Prior to his "devils did not deserve to win" tangent, he was saying neither the Devils nor the Rangers had a chance against the Kings.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:46 AM
mentalcase
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Think on the bright side. If the devils win, we can sorta erase the 94 hysteria.
But if we lose especially being up 3-2. I don't think I could handle that.

mentalcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I wouldn't bench anyone atm, especially after a win. Sykora can heat his popcorn on friday with Cam,Eric and uncle Lou.

Elias might not be playing all that well offensively but he's still a importance piece of our puzzle defensively where as Sykora would cripple us defensively and has been invisible offensively.

I'll take a heart and soul player having a down time over Sykora any day of the week.