HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

ECF: Devils troll the Rangers in Game 5, win 5-3 and take 3-2 series lead

Old
05-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I should be doing this VLOOKUP instead of posting here. Doesn't mean I am. Depends on our cash flow I'd suspect, but I can still see Mr. UFA peacing out. You can probably tell I have a ton of faith in what he's said to the media.

My guess is Salvador, Gionta, and probably a few others are gone since they will get decent contracts from this playoff performance. So there will be openings to fill and cash could vary depending on all of that.
Are you kidding? The ECFs have cemented Parise here. He knows now it will be harder to actually win anywhere else & this org is dedicated to winning. Anyone even thinking Parise will leave now is delusional.

I'm sure he cares more about winning than a paycheck. It's not like he won't be getting paid well for staying.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:51 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I'd have to watch it closely again, but NO, that wouldnt be "sufficient" for me.

The rule is that goals with a "distinct kicking motion are disallowed", not goals with a "distinct kicking motion are disallowed, unless you miss and kick the puck with your ankle".
Bingo.

You either count them as good goals or not. You don't over analyse a situation that should be black or white.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Is it me or they're intentionally targeting Zach's black S19? He seemed really pissed last night in the third, when they broke his 3rd stick, it seemed like. The rangers D are literally trying to break Zach's stick everytime he goes into the corners.
Hate to be a nitpicker, but I think he switched to the RS Stealth this year, like most of the guys.

Awesome stick, the kick point is in a much better spot then the S19.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:52 AM
KCisTall

I don't want to say they're broken mentally. But i think they're broken mentally.

KCisTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Anyone have the GIF of A-Train plastering Gaborik?? That was the pre-injury Volchenkov we all know and love,
He did throw his weight around real well last night with a couple of occassions being borderline penalties but that's just part of his game I guess. He played a solid game in the limited minutes he got.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
He's been brutal, no doubt about it, but is he the only forward who's missing in action? Their entire cast is off to lunch as far as I'm concerned and Richards looks just as bad IMO.
Kreider has been pretty good, Callahan finally showed up in Game 5, and Richards has been decent. The rest of them have been pretty bad, and I think Rangers fans would agree.

Quote:
Anyone have the GIF of A-Train plastering Gaborik?? That was the pre-injury Volchenkov we all know and love,
I loved seeing that hit. And he didn't get coned last night either.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
Are you kidding? The ECFs have cemented Parise here.
Only if they win tomorrow. Otherwise it's totally uncertain.

Marv4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Rella17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCisTall View Post
I don't want to say they're broken mentally. But i think they're broken mentally.
either way that team isnt going to just roll over and die

Rella17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Hate to be a nitpicker, but I think he switched to the RS Stealth this year, like most of the guys.

Awesome stick, the kick point is in a much better spot then the S19.
Oh. I know Patty uses the S19. And I thought with Zach being an Easton guy he used it. I haven't really focused on the graphics on Zach's stick, other than it being black. The RS Stealth I think has a black cherry color scheme as opposed to the bumblebee colors of the S19.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
lboogie42*

Can't get too cocky. The rangers are gonna come out hard cuz they're playing for ther season. We need to shut them down for the whole 60 minutes. We can't play a one period game. Play good defense and forecheck well and they'll be in the Stanley cup. Lgd!

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCisTall View Post
I really hope so. It's not going to be easy closing them out, but it has to be devastating to their psyche that they threw their best effort at the Devils, scored three goals to mount a huge comeback, and still lost.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
KCisTall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rella17 View Post
either way that team isnt going to just roll over and die
Oh I know. But what I'm saying is that this will be there 102 game of the season. They started in Europe, played a winter classic, and went punch for punch for 2 series'. Could kind of see it last night, a switch went off when they scored the third goal. They just couldn't summit the mountain. It may finally be too much. Maybe that little extra that got them over the hump in the earlier series finally is gone. (Just wishful thinking)

KCisTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 10:59 AM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv4Life View Post
Only if they win tomorrow. Otherwise it's totally uncertain.
Nah... Parise loves it here. And they still made it to the ecf. He'll come back with a solid contract

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Oh. I know Patty uses the S19. And I thought him being an Easton guy he used it. I haven't really looked at the graphics other than it being black. The RS Stealth I think has a black cherry color scheme as opposed to the bumblebee colors of the S19.
The RS Stealth is 'this years' model of the S19, the S actually stood for Stealth in that line.

All black with yellow accents, where as the S19 had white accents (unless you're Sykora, in which case the whole thing is painted white).

It's hands down the most used stick in the NHL. And for good reason, they're beauties to play with.

Cowbell232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:00 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Kreider has been pretty good, Callahan finally showed up in Game 5, and Richards has been decent. The rest of them have been pretty bad, and I think Rangers fans would agree.
Kreider has been "ok" and for a rookie, that's all you can ask for. Callahan was MIA for most of the series but played real well yesterday. The rest of the forwards have been nothing but brutal IMO.

Richards is a ELITE player but he just looks gased out. You can't get back up using your stick as a support on your knees after only 5 minutes of play in the 1st period. Who else do they have other then the players mentionned above... Anisimov, Fedotenko, Prust, Rupp, etc, etc, etc.

They have a brutal cast of forwards and if we can stop giftwrapping their goals and have the NHL actually apply the rule book on kicking motions, we'll be playing against the Kings next wednesday.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

I don't know if his minutes are gonna be reduced or not, but don't be surprised if Kovy has a breakout game tomorrow. He's due for one this postseason. That's if his groin doesn't hinder him too much...

Marv4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

By the way, I love Gionta's goal celebration. He always puts his arms up in the same way, and it causes his sweater to come up over his mouth. I find that funny for some reason.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:04 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv4Life View Post
I don't know if his minutes are gonna be reduced or not, but don't be surprised if Kovy has a breakout game tomorrow. He's due for one this postseason.
Kovy played his part against the Panthers and Flyers... he can let Parise dominate this series and Elias can come out of his hiding place whenever he wants.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:08 AM
JMarce

Ledger_NJDevils
DeBoer on 1994: "I don't even care about '94. In '94 I still had hair, it's that long ago. It doesn't play a part in what we're doing."

quote of the year?

JMarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Kreider has been "ok" and for a rookie, that's all you can ask for. Callahan was MIA for most of the series but played real well yesterday. The rest of the forwards have been nothing but brutal IMO.

Richards is a ELITE player but he just looks gased out. You can't get back up using your stick as a support on your knees after only 5 minutes of play in the 1st period. Who else do they have other then the players mentionned above... Anisimov, Fedotenko, Prust, Rupp, etc, etc, etc.

They have a brutal cast of forwards and if we can stop giftwrapping their goals and have the NHL actually apply the rule book on kicking motions, we'll be playing against the Kings next wednesday.
I thought Hagelin was a much more creative player. He absolutely has no European flair in slowing the game down or weaving East or West. He is Swedish in name and ethnicity only. Purely a north/south player from the University of Michigan with speed to burn.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarce View Post
Ledger_NJDevils
DeBoer on 1994: "I don't even care about '94. In '94 I still had hair, it's that long ago. It doesn't play a part in what we're doing."

quote of the year?
This Devils team comes up with some fantastic quips.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Im back baby!

We won. Cant believe it. Win tomorrow, dont **** it up.

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
I thought Hagelin was a much more creative player. He absolutely has no European flair in slowing the game down or weaving East or West. He is Swedish in name and ethnicity only. Purely a north/south player from the University of Michigan with speed to burn.
Except Rangers fans are pissed with him today because he didn't keep his coverage on Carter, leading to the winning goal.

Old
05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
JimEIV

I am really begining to like DeBoer...I am still suspect of his system to be perfectly honest, I think it allows for too many chances against...But I am begining to really like him.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 11:14 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Except Rangers fans are pissed with him today because he didn't keep his coverage on Carter, leading to the winning goal.
Hagelin was the only forward to react. Brad Richards was glidding in the middle of the ice and had to pick up Carter, but didn't.