HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Team Board Mock Draft - 11th Overall

View Poll Results: Who do you want the Capitals to select 11th overall at the draft?
Radek Faksa 43 57.33%
Olli Määttä 16 21.33%
Cody Ceci 8 10.67%
Sebastian Collberg 1 1.33%
Zemgus Girgensons 2 2.67%
Brendan Gaunce 2 2.67%
Hampus Lindholm 1 1.33%
Derrick Pouliot 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-26-2012, 07:52 PM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Yeah that's what everyone was saying about Couturier last year as well. Doesn't compete/doesn't take the game seriously/stay away.
Couturier was different. Anyone who watched him the year before and at the WAC camps and tourny knew he battled some just questioned his upside as anything more than a 2/3 center and went with other options.

The only reason I can think of people wanting Grigorenko so badly is that semins leaving and everyone wants another player with questionable attitude and give a **** factor to ***** about

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Halpysback

Or we want that high end center behind Backstrom we've never had. And people were absolutely ******** on Couturier's competitiveness. Supposedly Ottawa took Zibanejad over him primarily for that reason.

Grigorienko's attitude issues are the most overblown thing since Getzlaf's. Every year there's a player that slides just because people love to overthink and some team gets a steal. Last year it was Couturier. Year before it was Fowler. This looks to be Grigorienko's year.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:01 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Couturier was different. Anyone who watched him the year before and at the WAC camps and tourny knew he battled some just questioned his upside as anything more than a 2/3 center and went with other options.

The only reason I can think of people wanting Grigorenko so badly is that semins leaving and everyone wants another player with questionable attitude and give a **** factor to ***** about
You aren't really sounding credible at all when you make it seem like Grigorenko isn't even talented. You just sound like a poster with a grudge against a player. Just like that one poster with Semin.

Grigorenko would be a steal at 11. Just like Fowler and Couturier. He has great talent and skill and that can not be taught. And even if people say he does have questionable character, you don't know if it's true. He may have just had a tough time transitioning to his all around life as its his 1st year in NA.

He's following almost the same path as Couturier last year. Being a possible number 1 pick, then falling to 2, then people having no clue where he'll go.

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:51 PM
sunnydaycrash

Well Olli Maatta is pretty spectacular defensively that's for damn sure.....he's been unreal in this Memorial Cup OT

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Atlas

Lindholm is an interesting D guy. Not getting much attention here. He might go top 10.

If there's any chance of drafting a true 1C or 2C I'd go in that direction. I might draft 7 centers because the position is so important.

I also like the Russian goalie but no need to take him with this pick (I don't think). I believe in Holtby but if that Russian kid becomes great you can always trade him.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote