HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Highlights of the season

Old
06-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Highlights of the season

Hello Preds fans,

As I'm sure many of you are aware, there is Central Division tweet-up taking place on July 28th in Columbus. http://www.thepredatorial.com/2012/0...n-columbus-oh/ As part of the festivities, I've been asked to put together a highlight video which encompasses the entire division.

I'm a Jackets fan who has put together a number of videos of the team in the past. While I have the mental health bills to prove I watched every Jackets game this season, I didn't see enough of the other teams in the Central to make sure I create a video which accurately captures the season from a Predators fans perspective.

I thought I could turn to the NHL's "Top 10" videos that they put out every week during the season, however just most of the things in this league, if it didn't happen in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York, or Washington, the league didn't notice it happened. (Well, the league does know you have a goalie, I guess that is something...) That is why I'm turning to Preds fans to make sure I include the highlights that you guys and gals think are best. I know there is a strong contingent coming to this tweet-up from Nashville, and don't want to miss a goal, hit, save, or fight that would be special to them.

So if you have something that you think should be included in the video, please share it here. Please help me narrow down my search by including the date of the game, and if possible an approximate game time it happened. I'm obviously looking for anything spectacular, but also things that might have been career milestones: first goals, hat tricks, 100th goals, 250th point etc. Anything that was a memorable highlight to the season.

Thanks again,

Tom Larrow
Skraut

Mods, if there is a more appropriate place for this thread, please merge accordingly, thanks.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Skraut

anyone?

I want to make something that speaks to the fans of the entire division, and just want a little help ensuring I don't miss something important.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Pinguinla
SCF Game 7

1st round of the playoffs, game 5, 20th April

Pinguinla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:15 PM
adsfan

Klein's goal in the playoffs against DRW. He looked like Bobby Orr!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
cleangene

Hate to bring it up to a jackets fan, but THE COMEBACK just before Christmas. Marty's rush and goal with 8 seconds left that erased 3 columbus pp goals in a short span of time and a hat trick by newly-crowned CUP winner, Jeff Carter.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Tapp

Hi Tom,

Here’s some regular season stuff you might find useful. Sorry for the lack of reply earlier.

A link to the top 10 moments of the 2012 regular season that was offered up for the fans to rank – including video links. It includes individual games and franchise milestones/records.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=622035

Here is another list of the top 10 moments of the 2011 calendar year. The last five are from the 2011-2012 season. Although it does not include video links (3 are covered in the article above), it does include more info on the events.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=608921

Below are links to the 2 moments listed the article that are not included in the first article.

Dec 8, 2011 comeback win vs Columbus – I couldn’t get the game highlights on the Pred's site to work, but if you go to the link below of Hornqvist’s goal with about 1:30 left in the game it will cycle through his goal, Kostitsyn’s tying goal, and Wilson’s OT winner. Again, sorry to you as a Columbus fan for the two Columbus games listed in yearly highlights – but I’m sure you can understand from the Preds’ perspective that they were exciting comebacks. (I did find highlights of the game on youtube, but it was BJ's announcers and they obviously didn't capture the excitement from the Preds perspective.)

http://video.predators.nhl.com/video...CBJ691&lang=en

Rinne Signing:

I couldn’t find any working video, but here is a link to the audio of the press conference announcing the signing in case you want to take a snippet from it. It has a lot of background noise, but Poile’s announcement of the signing and terms of the contract at the beginning of the audio is pretty clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dDYZVCyj24

Hope y’all have fun!

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Skraut

Thanks everyone for your help, I am getting these, and many other, clips imported and preparing for editing. I'm getting pretty excited putting all of these together.

Hoping to see some of you on July 28th, I'll post the video sometime after that.

Old
07-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Skraut

Thanks all for your help, here is the final video:

Old
07-28-2012, 04:46 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Hate to bring it up to a jackets fan, but THE COMEBACK just before Christmas. Marty's rush and goal with 8 seconds left that erased 3 columbus pp goals in a short span of time and a hat trick by newly-crowned CUP winner, Jeff Carter.
One of the few games I got to make it to last year. Before the anthem started I yelled/booed @ carter and he proceeded to get a hat trick . Thought the game was over before it started, but we came back and tied it. When Marty buried that breakaway I flipped out. That was asuch a slick 5hole move. That was a GREAT game.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

Great video.. is it hockey season yet???

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:57 PM
predfan98

awesome job.. love the video. I love our division, I hope it never changes....

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Skraut

Thanks again for all the kind words. Looking forward to meeting all of you next year when the Central Division Tweet Up comes to Nashville.

Old
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Bongo

The Saturday Night Games. The quote from Ken Hitchcock that appeared on the scoreboard was awesome.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Shea Weber

Not necessarily one highlight...

but the Preds comeback vs. the Wild on 1/31 sticks in my mind.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2011020743

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote