HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL playoffs at the same time as NBA playoffs

Old
05-25-2012, 06:38 PM
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
Other than the rare occasion where the teams need the same arena, basketball has ZERO effect of my playoffs. I hate basketball with a passion. The rules are non-existent more-so than in hockey. Take 5 steps and dunk. Dont play defense. 90% are primadonnas....How can you like a sport where you can score 100pts and still lose? thats BORING.
wow, nice dunk...same one ive seen the entire game...yea youre 6'9" tall, you touch the rim standing. what talent.

so yeah, basketball sucks imo.
Defense non-existent? Is the only Basketball you watch the All Star Game? There are 7 foot tall giants guarding the paint designed to prevent those 6'9 guys from "taking five steps and dunking".

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Iluvatar

Quote:
Other than the rare occasion where the teams need the same arena, basketball has ZERO effect of my playoffs. I hate basketball with a passion. The rules are non-existent more-so than in hockey. Take 5 steps and dunk. Dont play defense. 90% are primadonnas....How can you like a sport where you can score 100pts and still lose? thats BORING.
wow, nice dunk...same one ive seen the entire game...yea youre 6'9" tall, you touch the rim standing. what talent.

Sippin too much haterade, brah.

Iluvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
I wonder when the NBA will introduce a novel new idea... *gasp* an outdoor game!

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:14 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
I wonder when the NBA will introduce a novel new idea... *gasp* an outdoor game!
I'm pretty sure they had an outdoor game in the preseason, and last year two college teams played on an aircraft carrier.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:

Other than the rare occasion where the teams need the same arena, hockey has ZERO effect of my playoffs. I hate hockey with a passion. The rules are non-existent more-so than in basketball. Take 5 strides and shoot. Dont play defense. 90% are primadonnas....How can you like a sport where you can score 6 goals and still lose? thats BORING.
wow, nice goal...same one ive seen the entire game...yea you've got a stick, you touch the net from 3 ft out. what talent.

so yeah, hockey sucks imo.

i am being sarcastic, but i always think it's funny how some hockey fans complain about no one liking their game and then ******** all over everyone else's.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:31 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Remember the NBA had a lockout to start the season and thats why they are a round behind.

Neither league would do what the OP is proposing. No need to, yes there might be scheduling conflicts, but both leagues work together on that like have done the last 40-50 years. Both leagues have different tv networks so theres no need to.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:58 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanZ View Post
Ahhhh... so that's why it's in the Summer Olympics...
As i said in the other thread from 3 weeks ago that I posted, being in the Summer Olympics doesn't make a game a summer sport. All indoor games not played on ice are in the Summer Olympics; basketball, gymnastics, volleyball, boxing, etc etc.

It was invented for the winter though.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post
Remember the NBA had a lockout to start the season and thats why they are a round behind.

Neither league would do what the OP is proposing. No need to, yes there might be scheduling conflicts, but both leagues work together on that like have done the last 40-50 years. Both leagues have different tv networks so theres no need to.
Not a round. They only a week behind.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:17 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
Not a round. They only a week behind.
Their Conference Finals haven't started while ours could be over tonight. That's 2 weeks, IE: a round...

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Odds this turns into a NBA hate thread?

Bruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Their Conference Finals haven't started while ours could be over tonight. That's 2 weeks, IE: a round...
Oh, thought the guy was comparing it to last year's NBA playoff sched.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:30 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Some of you guys gotta lay off the NBA, just cause you hate the sport doesn't mean you gotta bash on it, basketball being a summer sport, lol most funniest thing I've heard. The NHL Playoffs already get a 2 week head start, If there's anyone to blame for the delay's in the NBA it's the Eastern conference, the Celtics and Sixers are taking 7 games when the West the Spurs swept the Clippers.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Duthie View Post
Some of you guys gotta lay off the NBA, just cause you hate the sport doesn't mean you gotta bash on it, basketball being a summer sport, lol most funniest thing I've heard. The NHL Playoffs already get a 2 week head start, If there's anyone to blame for the delay's in the NBA it's the Eastern conference, the Celtics and Sixers are taking 7 games when the West the Spurs swept the Clippers.
Thank you. I don't understand why so many hockey fans hate the NBA.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Iluvatar

I grew up playing basketball because my fam was too poor to let me play ice hockey. Both sports in my heart tho.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Bruv
to here knows when

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvatar View Post
I grew up playing basketball because my fam was too poor to let me play ice hockey. Both sports in my heart tho.
Yeah, basketball has always been my passion.. I've been playing my whole life.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:26 AM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
I dont think the NBA or NHL need to move there playoffs anywhere. however looking at the yearly sporting calender and looking at the 5 major sports, we have the fall classic in baseball, NFL playoffs occur in the winter months, NBA/NHL/soccer crown there champions in the spring none of the major sports crown champions in the summer months which is kinda weird you would think someone would want to take advantage of that and if any could it would be the NBA. of course this is excluding stuff like world championships I'm talking club not country. and again I'm not saying it will or should happen just thinking out loud.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Elever
Hth

How many of you or other hockey fans you know watch basketball? How many basketball fans watch hockey? Small % excluding maybe areas with both a hockey/basketball team and those are often fairweather fans.

I don't so I give 0 ****s, they can have their season whenever they want.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:32 AM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPORTSMANIAC View Post

the lockout is not why there a round behind the NBA always starts 3-4 weeks after the NHL season starts they are almost always a round behind the NHL every year. usually once the stanley cup is won almost right behind it is the start of the NBA finals.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Poison and Wine

vCash: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
How many of you or other hockey fans you know watch basketball? How many basketball fans watch hockey? Small % excluding maybe areas with both a hockey/basketball team and those are often fairweather fans.

I don't so I give 0 ****s, they can have their season whenever they want.
I admit that I occasionally watch basketball if the Suns are doing well. Their era of being relevant ended a couple years ago though, so I'm back to not paying attention to them.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Iluvatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
the lockout is not why there a round behind the NBA always starts 3-4 weeks after the NHL season starts they are almost always a round behind the NHL every year. usually once the stanley cup is won almost right behind it is the start of the NBA finals.
They 1 week behind schedule this year because of the lockout.