HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Renny Is Out As The Oilers Coach

Old
05-20-2012, 10:20 PM
Isles1983

vCash: 500
So Renny Is Out As The Oilers Coach

Man I would love it if we could get him. It would really be sweet playing the Rangers. At this point ANYONE is better than Cappy.

Isles1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:18 PM
ZMan17
U of A!!!

Send a message via AIM to ZMan17
It'll take more than it took for Lions fans' Fire Millen movement for Wang to even give the slightest thought of doing something.

ZMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Janson
fireSNOW

Seriously... who wants that ****bum? I take Cappy over Renny any day. I rather give Trottier another shot at coaching if your looking for a bad ex-Ranger coach.

Janson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
Islanderfan17

I'd take anything over Capuano, he was BRUTAL this past season.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Isles Junkie

He's here till at least January. get used to it.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janson View Post
Seriously... who wants that ****bum? I take Cappy over Renny any day. I rather give Trottier another shot at coaching if your looking for a bad ex-Ranger coach.
Ditto.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:18 AM
ocarina

Ranger fan here, I actually think Renney would make sense for a young team like the Islanders.

I don't understand why he has gotten such a bad reputation. He did a lot for the Rangers, and IMO he got scapegoated when Sather was unable to put together a good team a few years back. He was a big reason for the development of guys like Callahan and Dubinsky, he's proven he can develop youngsters.

At the very least, he would be better then Capuano (but then again, I think almost anyone would be better then him)

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
Ranger fan here, I actually think Renney would make sense for a young team like the Islanders.

I don't understand why he has gotten such a bad reputation. He did a lot for the Rangers, and IMO he got scapegoated when Sather was unable to put together a good team a few years back. He was a big reason for the development of guys like Callahan and Dubinsky, he's proven he can develop youngsters.

At the very least, he would be better then Capuano (but then again, I think almost anyone would be better then him)
Orcarina the input is Appreciated but this organization is all full up on crazy over here, no thanks were good. I remember Renny as a coach who couldn't motivate millionaires to play a game. That and he had like 19 goons on the bench, Wang says "can't touch this"!

Old
05-21-2012, 01:09 AM
OlTimeHockey

Cappy isn't as bad as many post, but he is in NO WAY the best guy.

Why not aim higher? We have solid coaches being fires last season and we didn't BOTHER to get an upgrade.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:06 AM
ScaredStreit

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
He's here till at least January. get used to it.
This.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:04 AM
seafoam
#hewenttoharvard

vCash: 0
Wang, pay for a real coach? Am I still in my dream from this morning?

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:10 AM
JKP

Quote:

The guys on HNIC were saying something very similar the other day about Renny's impact. That said, he'd be better than Cappy, but still not the right guy, IMO.

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:42 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:

I agree with this. I don't really think he's ever had a good team. Not that he'd be getting a good team in the Islanders, but he's got a confidence that Capuano doesn't have, and that's why he won't get hired. If you have an opinion, Chaz don't like it.

In Vancouver, he had the "ego team" that included Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny, and Mark Messier. Players who were Krazy Glued together. Same thing happened with the Rangers. Then he got a bunch of high schoolers in Edmonton.

I'd roll the dice on him, but Chaz wouldn't like the potential push back.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:07 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles1983 View Post
Man I would love it if we could get him. It would really be sweet playing the Rangers. At this point ANYONE is better than Cappy.
I am not a fan of cappy at all. However i do not think Renny is any better .

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
I agree with this. I don't really think he's ever had a good team. Not that he'd be getting a good team in the Islanders, but he's got a confidence that Capuano doesn't have, and that's why he won't get hired. If you have an opinion, Chaz don't like it.

In Vancouver, he had the "ego team" that included Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny, and Mark Messier. Players who were Krazy Glued together. Same thing happened with the Rangers. Then he got a bunch of high schoolers in Edmonton.

I'd roll the dice on him, but Chaz wouldn't like the potential push back.
If you can't win with Bures, Jagrs and Messiers on your team how are you gonna coach Pandaldos and Reasoners to win? We don't need this bum, dream bigger and better.

Old
05-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
If you can't win with Bures, Jagrs and Messiers on your team how are you gonna coach Pandaldos and Reasoners to win? We don't need this bum, dream bigger and better.
Having a lot of talent does not mean having a good hockey team.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
Having a lot of talent does not mean having a good hockey team.
Then what was his excuse in Edmonton this season? I just don't think he is a good coach, what did he ever win a Junior Tournament? I think the kids deserve the best not the enemies retread. If he was only a coach in Edmonton we wouldnt be having this discussion but since Isles fans remember this guy coaching the Rags he has to better than what we got, problem is he is just not that good. Give me back Nolan, he out coached Renny back then.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Renney, same guy who ended their drought? Must be thinking of a different coach cause surely you don't think Renney is a bad coach.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Hipster Doofus

"Enemy retreads"

How old are you seriously lmao

Old
05-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Hipster Doofus

Renney is a respected coach who knows the game inside and out. He's a calm demeanor, has coached teams into the playoffs. One of the better tactical thinkers in the league especially from the d-zone out.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Renney is a respected coach who knows the game inside and out. He's a calm demeanor, has coached teams into the playoffs. One of the better tactical thinkers in the league especially from the d-zone out.

I like turtles.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:40 AM
Janson
fireSNOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Renney, same guy who ended their drought? Must be thinking of a different coach cause surely you don't think Renney is a bad coach.
Are you serious. Oh yes, your right the Cup drought how could I forget. Getting the richest team into the playoffs shouldn't be applauded its what your SUPPOSED to do.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Then what was his excuse in Edmonton this season? I just don't think he is a good coach, what did he ever win a Junior Tournament? I think the kids deserve the best not the enemies retread. If he was only a coach in Edmonton we wouldnt be having this discussion but since Isles fans remember this guy coaching the Rags he has to better than what we got, problem is he is just not that good. Give me back Nolan, he out coached Renny back then.
In Edmonton, his first line combined is younger than my Mom and Dad. Khabibulin has not been good since the lockout. They have no defense and limited scoring depth. Yeah, we have the same problem, but at least our young guys will learn how to play NHL hockey.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Are you serious. Oh yes, your right the Cup drought how could I forget. Getting the richest team into the playoffs shouldn't be applauded its what your SUPPOSED to do.
lmao if you think that 05-06 team was poorly coached or built to make the playoffs on paper.

Their best d-men were Roszival, Rachunek, and Malik and your telling me that team was supposed to make the playoffs? ahahahaha

Old
05-21-2012, 09:56 AM
crashthenet

Would make an excellent assistant.

crashthenet is offline   Reply With Quote