HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos/chi

Old
05-26-2012, 06:27 PM
jmeehan1985

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Someone is high if they think Patty Kane would return Seguin in a trade.

Patrick Kane is a very good winger. But he is not elite.

As I stated in another thread, Kane is more Robin than Batman. Toews is Batman. Seguin is on his way to becoming Batman.

Kane for Krejci = fair value.
I finally agree with you lol

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:29 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
You may be absolutely right that Seguin will end up better, but please stop with the two way thing. Seguin's defense is still subpar.
Subpar umm I dont think you watch many Bruins games. Seguin for a second year player played great defense this year not to mention his plus 34 i guess thats subpar.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:42 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
Subpar umm I dont think you watch many Bruins games. Seguin for a second year player played great defense this year not to mention his plus 34 i guess thats subpar.
Plus minus is the most overrated stat in the game.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:46 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Draft week can't come fat enough.
I hear the draft is pretty thin this year.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
No he didn't play great defense this year. He played better than last year, but that's not saying much since his d last year was so bad that the team refused to play him much. He's decent at using his speed to back check, but that's not all that makes up defense.

You may think he's "Great" at D, but Andy Brickley and Bob Beers, who both know more about these things than you or I, say his D needs a lot of work still.

As far as +/- proving defense, I guess if a +34 means a guy is good at D, that a guy with a -28 must be bad at D right? I mean, you'd agree with that right?

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:22 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
No he didn't play great defense this year. He played better than last year, but that's not saying much since his d last year was so bad that the team refused to play him much. He's decent at using his speed to back check, but that's not all that makes up defense.

You may think he's "Great" at D, but Andy Brickley and Bob Beers, who both know more about these things than you or I, say his D needs a lot of work still.

As far as +/- proving defense, I guess if a +34 means a guy is good at D, that a guy with a -28 must be bad at D right? I mean, you'd agree with that right?
If your a minus 28 your not doing something right and there scoring goals every time your out on the ice. I never heard Brickley and Beers saying anything about Seguins Defense. Its funny you mention Brickleys name i skate with him and his brother during the week in pick up Hockey. Ive had this convo with him and he seems to think Seguins Defense is much improved. Back checking, take your guy in the slot, playing your postion, blocking shots i mean thats all part of defense right and i think Seguin did that very well this year.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I hear the draft is pretty thin this year.
Win.

Dr. Quincy has to be one of the best posters here. His opinion is gold.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote