HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Anaheim

Old
05-25-2012, 01:08 PM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

vCash: 500
Montreal - Anaheim

3rd Overall Pick
Jarred Tinordi

vs

6th Overall Pick
Emerson Etem

Anaheim gets the luxury of choosing their big center who might not be available at 6th. They also get Tinordi who projects to be a top 4 defensive defenseman, as their top D Prospects are mostly offensive ones.

Montreal does this with the intention of drafting Radek Faksa at 6th overall, which potentially gives them much needed size on their 2 top lines. With Etem, they address their lack of scoring prospects.

Comments, critics and counter-proposals are welcomed and appreciated.

FrankFountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Sorry. Etem is Anaheim's most unmoveable prospect. Local kid...Anaheim is big on growing the game of hockey in California, setting up rinks, a very successful high school league, they set up and fund youth hockey programs. Having a successful product of California hockey (granted he was probably developed in LA's system) is essential to them, especially if he can be a star.

Drop Tinordi and we'll offer William Karlsson and a third rounder.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLafontaine View Post
3rd Overall Pick
Jarred Tinordi

vs

6th Overall Pick
Emerson Etem

Anaheim gets the luxury of choosing their big center who might not be available at 6th. They also get Tinordi who projects to be a top 4 defensive defenseman, as their top D Prospects are mostly offensive ones.

Montreal does this with the intention of drafting Radek Faksa at 6th overall, which potentially gives them much needed size on their 2 top lines. With Etem, they address their lack of scoring prospects.

Comments, critics and counter-proposals are welcomed and appreciated.
From a Montreal pov I'd think hard about the trade but would probably do it. It's fair value wise and as much as I think Montreal would loathe to give up Tinordi, that's the price of admission.

I don't agree with you're thinking about Faksa. I think one of Teuvo, Rielly or Trouba would be on the board still and that would be much more likely who we'd go with.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

I don't see why Anaheim does this, Etem has huge marketing value (also, he's a hell of a prospect). From MTL's POV, its a trade I'd probably make, but not with any sort of confidence.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Fair but no. Happy to stay at #3.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
I don't see why Anaheim does this, Etem has huge marketing value (also, he's a hell of a prospect). From MTL's POV, its a trade I'd probably make, but not with any sort of confidence.
With the emergence of Palmieri as an NHL-quality scorer, I believed that their more important need was a top flight center, since wingers are usually harder to find than centers.

I still had underestimated the importance of a California born and trained player for the Anaheim franchise. Montreal fans would riot if GMMB were to trade a french-canadian prospect of Etem's quality.

Old
05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Sorry. Etem is Anaheim's most unmoveable prospect. Local kid...Anaheim is big on growing the game of hockey in California, setting up rinks, a very successful high school league, they set up and fund youth hockey programs. Having a successful product of California hockey (granted he was probably developed in LA's system) is essential to them, especially if he can be a star.

Yeah, not happening. I'm not even sure I'd do the OP from a Habs' standpoint.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Adam Banks

From an Anaheim standpoint, the deal seems reasonable and pretty fair, but I wouldn't do it. If the entire point of the deal is for Anaheim to draft a big top 6 center, why couldn't we just hang onto the pick and Etem and draft Faksa ourselves? He isn't as highly touted as the other high end centers in the draft like Grigorenko or Galchenyuk, but he's a hell of a prospect in his own right. I think that I would rather hold onto Etem and just see what players are available at 6th.

Adam Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Spokestick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Fair enough on Etem... but Karlsson and a 3rd for #3 overall? Nope. How about drop Etem and we'll give you Palushaj and a 3rd rounder?

Spokestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't think the move from #3 to #6 is automatically that big a factor... at least, not for me, not the way I have the rankings - although it could be huge to somebody else who has a more defined ordering, or depending on something unexpected on draft day. So at the very least, I'd have to wait until just before stepping up to the podium, even if I was going to make the trade.

But past that... it's kind of meh to me. Etem seems a bit risky as a prospect, although with a much higher upside than Tinordi. That said, it doesn't seem like a move either organization is going to be interested in. Etem has the hometown appeal in SoCal. And the Habs... well, if they liked Etem better than Tinordi, they could have just picked him ahead of him in the draft. But they didn't. Soooo....

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokestick View Post
Fair enough on Etem... but Karlsson and a 3rd for #3 overall? Nope. How about drop Etem and we'll give you Palushaj and a 3rd rounder?
The 6th overall is involved here...

Old
05-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Halpysback

Isn't Tinordi > Etem?

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokestick View Post

For 6th overall? Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
And the Habs... well, if they liked Etem better than Tinordi, they could have just picked him ahead of him in the draft. But they didn't. Soooo....
First off that doesn't mean that the Habs wouldn't be gleeful to get Etem in a trade, secondly it may be that now they value Etem higher than Tinordi than they did at the time of the draft.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLafontaine View Post
With the emergence of Palmieri as an NHL-quality scorer, I believed that their more important need was a top flight center, since wingers are usually harder to find than centers.

I still had underestimated the importance of a California born and trained player for the Anaheim franchise. Montreal fans would riot if GMMB were to trade a french-canadian prospect of Etem's quality.
Etem will likely spend most of next year in the AHL. Palmieri gives us top 6 wings of Palmieri-Perry, Ryan-Selanne. With Selanne retiring Etem will hopefully take his spot in the top 6 the following year.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Etem will likely spend most of next year in the AHL. Palmieri gives us top 6 wings of Palmieri-Perry, Ryan-Selanne. With Selanne retiring Etem will hopefully take his spot in the top 6 the following year.
In that case Ducks fans are very lucky an have a bright future to look upon.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Isn't Tinordi > Etem?
In what? Value? Potential?

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:36 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Isn't Tinordi > Etem?
I wouldn't say so at all.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:39 PM
LyricalLyricist

Fair ish trade. Still, I'm content about habs current set up to be honest. From habs POV not terrible and not too bad but still one of those things where habs probably should stay the course and anahiem would likely as well even if you don't consider etem is a local.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Hugo Sham

easier to find Etem type talent than 6'7 dmen who might turn into something that resembles a Chara someday. plus we stay at 3rd. no deal form habs POV. yes i'm very high on tinordi

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Not a chance I'd do that. Even before you get into all the local ties and whatnot, Etem's a hell of a prospect. One of the most elite junior scorers of the last decade, big, fast and strong, even if he's a big risky, the reward far outweighs that. I love Tinordi, too. But, yeah, to move up three spots in a draft like this just isn't worth it. Would be interested in making such a move, just not for 6+Etem. As someone else suggested, 6th+Karlsson+a 3rd is a pretty good package, maybe something they'd consider.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
easier to find Etem type talent than 6'7 dmen who might turn into something that resembles a Chara someday. plus we stay at 3rd. no deal form habs POV. yes i'm very high on tinordi
It must be really easy to find 60 goal scorers out of the CHL who have explosive speed and game-changing ability.

Tinordi might be the real deal but you are severely underrating Etem.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Montreal would easily pass. We need Tinordi and the center we will get at the 3rd far more than we need a winger. Getting Etem is a luxury, not a need, especially at the cost of Tinordi, our ONLY fantastic defensive prospect with size and the ability to move the puck, hit, and fight! Sorry, but I take Tinordi over Etem for the Habs due to our organizational needs. That is not to say Etem is better or worse than Tinordi, just an organizational need type of situation.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
It must be really easy to find 60 goal scorers out of the CHL who have explosive speed and game-changing ability.

not underrating him. but we can find a very good offensive player with the 3rd pick. the habs have desperately needed what Tinordi offers. desperately and for many years.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:07 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I would do it if it was Beaulieu instead of Tinordi, but the Ducks need a player like Etem more than a player like Beaulieu.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:38 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post

Many guys have been monsters in Junior and done nothing in the NHL.

The difference in Etem and Tinordi is nowhere near enough to get the Habs to move down 3 spots. No one is underrating Etem, at all. They were drafted 7 slots apart in 2010 and so far both have shown they might have NHL potential.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote