HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-Islanders

Old
05-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Nizzy

vCash: 500
Ottawa-Islanders

With Ottawa drafting 15th im thinking Murray might wanna try a Rundblad type trade from 2 years back ..With Snow and Islanders looking at 5th overall and probably Ryan Murphy..I was wondering if there was a deal to be made ...

NYI:Calvin de Haan

Ottawa:15th overall

Calvin de Haan playing left side and good puck moving dmen plays perfect into are system Karlsson Cowen Wiercioch De Haan ...Being from Carp .. Murray loves the hometown kids

Islanders add 2nd 1st rounded and can fill more holes maybe grab a goalie Subban or the russian kid

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:28 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
I'd rather have our pick... not a de Haan fan.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I'd rather have our pick... not a de Haan fan.
You are not a De Faan?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:36 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

The Islanders have spent a lot of time developing deHaan to hopefully become a top-4 defenseman. He's been on and off his shoulders the last couple of years but he did end the year healthy. Hopefully he spends the rest of the year in Bridgeport and be the #1 d-man after Donovan makes the team.

No sense in trading him for that pick.

Also, I would be very surprised if the Islanders draft Subban in any round. Poulin, Nilsson, and Koskinen all have high potential. If they draft a goalie, he'll probably be in the later rounds.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:41 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

In reality the pick is worth more than de Haan but I still wouldn't do it. De Haan has solid upside and is NHL ready. I don't like the prospects who project to go around the 15th pick enough to warrant trading CDH away.

I'm sure most Isles fans will be in favor of this trade though. Since de Haan hasn't made the NHL yet = bust. Pretty funny considering how angry they get about how Bailey and Nino were handled.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

I'd rather take our chances with the pick in hoping to land Maata or Ceci

Old
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
In reality the pick is worth more than de Haan but I still wouldn't do it. De Haan has solid upside and is NHL ready. I don't like the prospects who project to go around the 15th pick enough to warrant trading CDH away.

I'm sure most Isles fans will be in favor of this trade though. Since de Haan hasn't made the NHL yet = bust. Pretty funny considering how angry they get about how Bailey and Nino were handled.
What? Just because the team has not rushed him he's a bust? He could never meet the #2.#3 Potential he was projected to when we traded up to draft him?

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

From what I've heard Snow definitely considers De Haan a movable asset. Decent deal but I don't know him well enough to comment.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

I'd rather have Collberg than De Haan.
I'd also rather package that first with Foligno and get a better prospect like a Gormley or something (just an example)

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
With Ottawa drafting 15th im thinking Murray might wanna try a Rundblad type trade from 2 years back ..With Snow and Islanders looking at 5th overall and probably Ryan Murphy..I was wondering if there was a deal to be made ...

Calvin de Haan playing left side and good puck moving dmen plays perfect into are system Karlsson Cowen Wiercioch De Haan ...Being from Carp .. Murray loves the hometown kids

Islanders add 2nd 1st rounded and can fill more holes maybe grab a goalie Subban or the russian kid

The value is good but that pick may take 3-4 years to develop. Dehann is almost NHL ready now and expected to make the big club possibly next season.

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:01 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post

Isles have a glut of prospects,including 3 quality goalie prospects.

De Haan turned 21 in May 2012.This season was his first in the AHL and he is a good bet, to make the NYI roster in 2012-2013.

Why would the isles trade De haan for a player who's probably 2-4 yrs from contributing at the NHL level?

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Scouts are saying this draft, has a significxant drop off in talent after the top 10.

In what reality is the 15th overall, worth more the 21 yr old De Haan?

Old
05-25-2012, 03:04 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
From what I've heard Snow definitely considers De Haan a movable asset. Decent deal but I don't know him well enough to comment.
Really?

Post a link from someone credible,that Snow has soured on 21 yr old De haan.Or that he is looking to move De haan.

And please,no sources that can not be named nonsense

Old
05-25-2012, 03:05 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
What? Just because the team has not rushed him he's a bust? He could never meet the #2.#3 Potential he was projected to when we traded up to draft him?
Exactly what I've been saying.

Read the Isles board pal. You will find plenty of people who have either written de Haan off or go as far as calling him a bust. It's sad but unfortunately some people feel that way.

BTW, where did I say that I thought he was a bust? I said I wouldn't trade him for the 15th pick in the draft. If I thought he was a bust wouldn't I be all over that trade?

Old
05-25-2012, 03:09 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Scouts are saying this draft, has a significxant drop off in talent after the top 10.

In the reality that no Sens fan would trade the pick for de Haan. Go make a poll on the Ottawa board and tell me I'm wrong.

BTW, you really enjoy picking fights, huh? I feel like an idiot for not making fun of you all those times you referred to "Hamonic" as "Harmonic." (which I saw as recent as one or two weeks ago... you'd think you would get it right by now)

Old
05-25-2012, 03:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
In the reality that no Sens fan would trade the pick for de Haan. Go make a poll on the Ottawa board and tell me I'm wrong.

BTW, you really enjoy picking fights, huh? I feel like an idiot for not making fun of you all those times you referred to "Hamonic" as "Harmonic." (which I saw as recent as one or two weeks ago... you'd think you would get it right by now)
Who cares whether Sens fans would want to give up their 15th overall for De haan?
Would the Sens gm and would Snow, want to make that trade is what matters.
Imo Snow would not make that trade.

It's the exact opposite type of trade, Snow has pushed for at the last two drafts.
He reportedly, wanted to move his pick for a 20-22 yr old,a player further along in his development then the lottery pick.No way would Snow move 21 yr old De haan,who is close to nhl ready,for an 18 yr old who is 2-4 yrs from NHL ready.

and I have to tell you, a clear sign that someone's argument is weak,is when they drag out the spelling police to distract from the argument.Harmonic/Hamonic...

Old
05-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Meh, not a fan of De Haan.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:

Actually, what scouts (including the chief scout of ISS) have being saying is that there's first grouping of players that runs from about 1 - 8, then a second grouping that runs to as deep as 9 to 20.

De Haan was nowhere near the top grouping of players in his year. He was a pretty big reach at #12 to be considered in the second grouping, too. I was happy for him, being a local kid and all, but I definitely would have preferred to have Kulikov, Rundblad or Kreider.

De Haan has done nothing in junior (or since) that distinguishes him from Mattaa or Ceci. So I'd rather keep the pick and go with the bigger,non-injury prone D prospect.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
have being saying is that there's first grouping of players that runs from about 1 - 8, then a second grouping that runs to as deep as 9 to 20.
I've read about the top 8 breaking away from the rest of the pack.I've also read that there is a significant drop off in talent after the projected top 10.Picks 9-20 being on a tier doesn't change the fact that there is a drop off.1st tier Nail,2nd tier #2 thru #8 and then the 3rd tier.

Trading 21 yr old De Haan to grab a player from the 3rd tier and who's 2-4 yrs away,is the exact opposite of what Snow's tried to do at the last few draft.

Quote:
De Haan was nowhere near the top grouping of players in his year. He was a pretty big reach at #12 to be considered in the second grouping, too. I was happy for him, being a local kid and all, but I definitely would have preferred to have Kulikov, Rundblad or Kreider.
Whether gms or fans agree with Snow and his scouts,that De haan will develop into a quality,top 4 defenseman really doesn't carry a lot of weight.Isles have invested 3 yrs in developing De haan,who's coming off his rookie season in the AHL.He's a good bet to make next season's roster.

Quote:
De Haan has done nothing in junior (or since) that distinguishes him from Mattaa or Ceci. So I'd rather keep the pick and go with the bigger,non-injury prone D prospect.
In one of this season's GDTs, on the NYI board,fans discussed De Haan's play in his 1 game call up.He got props for how much more poised he looked,how fans think a full yr in Bridgeport has benefitted him.

Most NYI fans and more importantly,the NYI front office, have no interest in trading 21 yr old De Haan,who looks NHL ready,for an 18 yr old,who's 2-4 yrs from contributing.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:29 PM
bigfatfist

Quote:
I've read about the top 8 breaking away from the rest of the pack.I've also read that there is a significant drop off in talent after the projected top 10.Picks 9-20 being on a tier doesn't change the fact that there is a drop off.1st tier Nail,2nd tier #2 thru #8 and then the 3rd tier.

Trading 21 yr old De Haan to grab a player from the 3rd tier and who's 2-4 yrs away,is the exact opposite of what Snow's tried to do at the last few draft.

Whether gms or fans agree with Snow and his scouts,that De haan will develop into a quality,top 4 defenseman really doesn't carry a lot of weight.Isles have invested 3 yrs in developing De haan,who's coming off his rookie season in the AHL.He's a good bet to make next season's roster.

In one of this season's GDTs, on the NYI board,fans discussed De Haan's play in his 1 game call up.He got props for how much more poised he looked,how fans think a full yr in Bridgeport has benefitted him.

Most NYI fans and more importantly,the NYI front office, have no interest in trading 21 yr old De Haan,who looks NHL ready,for an 18 yr old,who's 2-4 yrs from contributing.
Oh yeah, for sure I agree, trading De Haan for a pick doesn't make a lot of sense for NYI. They've invested time and effort and need help on the backend now, not in a few years down the road.

That being said, just my opinion as an OHL fan, De Haan is not above Ceci or Mattaa (at that age). I'm a big fan of all 3 of these guys - I'd be pretty stoked for any of them in the Sens system.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Moller

I don't think the Isles do this deal, but if it's on the table and I'm Ottawa I take it. I think there's a very solid chance he reaches his potential and given his current timetable could be a great replacement for Phillips in Ottawa when he's done.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:40 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Oh yeah, for sure I agree, trading De Haan for a pick doesn't make a lot of sense for NYI. They've invested time and effort and need help on the backend now, not in a few years down the road.

That being said, just my opinion as an OHL fan, De Haan is not above Ceci or Mattaa (at that age). I'm a big fan of all 3 of these guys - I'd be pretty stoked for any of them in the Sens system.
Well,you are welcome to Ceci or Mattaa,if either becomes a Senator.

Isles like how Hamonic and MacDonald have done in their top 4,after going thru the Sound Tiger system.They have very high hopes for both Donovan and De Haan,to develop into top 4 defenseman.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:42 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
I don't think the Isles do this deal, but if it's on the table and I'm Ottawa I take it. I think there's a very solid chance he reaches his potential and given his current timetable could be a great replacement for Phillips in Ottawa when he's done.
With 4 nhl defensemen becoming ufas this summer and De haan their top blueline prospect close, to nhl ready,I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Snow would move 21 yr old De haan for the 15th overall pick.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Moller

Quote:
With 4 nhl defensemen becoming ufas this summer and De haan their top blueline prospect close, to nhl ready,I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Snow would move 21 yr old De haan for the 15th overall pick.
They don't. Plain and simple.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Take de Haan 12th, develop him for 3 years, then trade him for the 15th pick before he even gets a chance in the NHL? I'll pass. Isles don't need more picks/prospects.

Value wise it's fine though.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote