HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Will the Sharks wear retro jerseys next season?

Old
05-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Stickmata

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rude View Post

I just don't get yous guys and yer' affinity for the old logo. It looks like something a middle-school kid sketched in his Trapper Keeper.

Seriously, i look at that and i think Jabberjaw.

-Rude
I agree; much prefer the new logo, particularly when you see the full tail fin. But I much prefer the older colors and the older design of the jersey, and I think that's what people are saying.

Take the older jersey design, match it with the newer logo, ditch the orange and the BlackArmor stupidity and you've got a winner.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Puckguy14

Send a message via AIM to Puckguy14 Send a message via MSN to Puckguy14 Send a message via Yahoo to Puckguy14
It's been forever since I've been on here. Appreciate the thoughts on the designs I came up with. I attempted a newer shoulder stripe design as it's something the team hasn't had yet.

I love the Nike-era / Nolan captaincy era jerseys. Still my favorite.

As for the logo... "Sharkachu" was what I nicknamed it as it looked more like something out of Pokemon than an NHL logo. To change that, I added more, thicker linework that will come out cleaner on small items, grey is back, and red eye is to match the Shark Head. And oh yeah, that damn orange is gone.

So, simple is what my fellow finatics wish for. What kind of simple? Traditional style like the current and original style? Perhaps shoulder stripes as seen in places like Columbus, Colorado or Philly?

Puckguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffSydes View Post
I think the original logo needs to be "modernized" in a different way.. I dont really like the new logo at all (I buy retro gear when I can) but the old logo is too 90's. But these new jerseys/logos are the first ones that I know a lot of people dont really like at all. I think they really botched this re-design.

I even loved these pants

Loved this color scheme.

Teal black and gray fit the NorCal and Sharks motif.

Inub0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckguy14 View Post
It's been forever since I've been on here. Appreciate the thoughts on the designs I came up with. I attempted a newer shoulder stripe design as it's something the team hasn't had yet.

I love the Nike-era / Nolan captaincy era jerseys. Still my favorite.

As for the logo... "Sharkachu" was what I nicknamed it as it looked more like something out of Pokemon than an NHL logo. To change that, I added more, thicker linework that will come out cleaner on small items, grey is back, and red eye is to match the Shark Head. And oh yeah, that damn orange is gone.

So, simple is what my fellow finatics wish for. What kind of simple? Traditional style like the current and original style? Perhaps shoulder stripes as seen in places like Columbus, Colorado or Philly?
I like the direction for these from a modified point of view, although I think a simpler, minimalistic approach is still the way to go. Less lines, particularly on the triangle. I don't want to critique work without just showing what I'd do, so when I find some time I'll post.

Rem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Puckguy14

Send a message via AIM to Puckguy14 Send a message via MSN to Puckguy14 Send a message via Yahoo to Puckguy14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I like the direction for these from a modified point of view, although I think a simpler, minimalistic approach is still the way to go. Less lines, particularly on the triangle. I don't want to critique work without just showing what I'd do, so when I find some time I'll post.
Definitely. Always open to ideas. Wanted something simpler and not too intricate. As for uniforms? Modern or classic or retro.

Puckguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote