HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Jesker's 2012 mockdraft 1st round

Old
06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Jesker

vCash: 500
Jesker's 2012 mockdraft 1st round

1. Nail Yakupov : Simply BPA

2. Ryan Murray : They need structure on D and Murray brings talent and poise right away

3. Alex Galchenyuk : Habs get the talented and hardworking center they need.

4. Matthew Dumba : They were hopping that Murray would fall to them, but are still happy to get Dumba here.

5. Mikhail Grigorenko : They need talent at the center position, Grigorenko fills the bill

6. Filip Forsberg : Ducks take the talented forward as they were able to successfully develop some talented sized player like Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan.

7. Teuvo Tevarainen : Wild can't pass on the opportunity to have the dynamic Granlund-Tevarainen duo

8. Radek Faksa : Canes makes a Kitchener Rangers their first round pick for the third straight year.

9. Morgan Rielly : Jets can't believe the poised, intelligent and dynamic Rielly was still on the board.

10. Jacob Trouba : Tampa are sad to see Rielly go just before them but get a really nice consolation prize in Trouba.

11. Olli Maata : Maata impressed the Caps with his poised and intelligent play all year long, ask Hunter.

12. Griffin Reinhart : Sabres take the BPA here, as they tought he would go much earlier.

13. Brendan Gaunce : Stars are happy to get a hardworking player who could chip in offensivly and defensivly.

14. Cody Ceci : Flames take the dynamic defensman with great size who could contribute sooner than later.

15. Sebastian Collberg : Sens add another swede talent to their prospect pool.

Jesker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Jesker

16. Zemgus Girgensons : His physical play and two-way abilities makes the Caps select him.

17. Matt Finn : San Jose needed a poised defensman in their prospect pool.

18. Derrick Pouliot : They take the smart and agile defensman who they think is underrated because of his small size.

19. Andrei Vasilevski : Yzerman takes the talented Russian and adresses the teams need

20. Malcolm Subban : Holmgren takes matter in his own hands and select Subban to try to solve the goalie problem in Phillie

21. Nicolas Kerdiles : Strong, quick skater who can contribute on all area's of the game.

22. Tomas Hertl : They need to improve the center position in their prospect pool and they get a talented two-way center who's already playing against men.

23. Slater Koekkoek : With their strong prospect pool, Florida selects the BPA here.

24. Brady Skjei : Boston chooses the smooth skating, intelligent defensman.

25. Pontus Aberg : Blues goes European once again as they like Aberg's speed and great scoring abilities.

26. Tom Wilson : Vancouver gets size on the wing and hope they can develop Wilson as a physical player who can contribute offensivly.

27. Hampus Lindholm : With the success story that was the Ekman-Larsson pick, they select another talented defensman from Sweden.

28. Stefan Matteau : Matteau is the typical Ranger's pick, a hardworking talented forward, like Miller and Kreider were.

29. Phil Di Giuseppe : Di Giuseppe brings speed and great hockey I.Q., what the Blue Jackets need for their rebuild.

* NJ forfeits pick, L.A. give their pick to Columbus.
Feedback is welcome!

Old
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Zeroknowledge*

I don`t know why most mocks have Faksa at 8

I can't see the Canes taking Faksa over Rielly, Trouba or Reinhart, as much as they avoid d-men in the first round and their love for Kitchener Rangers players I don't see them pulling this off.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Fine by me. Think in this situation the Leafs should take Grigorenko and be happy with that.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:11 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Love it for anaheim

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:20 AM
SDIsles34

Here is my theory for the Islanders on Draft Day.

NYI has shown in the past that obviously character and hockey sense are important attributes when making their pick.

They have also shown that spending a full day with a prospect does not necessarily mean there is a tremendous amount of interest, ie. Fowler, Gormley, Hedman, Duchene. (others I am sure, tough to research)

I view their most recent LI visits as a filtering technique to ensure that, "If we pass on this guy, we aren't missing out"

If you notice, they spent only a half day at the beach with Niederreiter with two other prospects (http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...pects-to-jones)

Chances are the Islanders know who they want already and the guys that flew in are more than likely ready to be passed on.

IMO, the four interviews they have scheduled for draft day will just allow for some fine tuning to the draft board if necessary. (1a, 1b, 2a, 2b)

My prediction (take it for what its worth, I'm no scout or hockey genuis)

Tier 1 (4 interviews on Draft Day) in no particular order:

1) Galchenyuk
2) Yakupov
3) Forsberg
4) Reinhart OR Rielly OR Trouba (trade down if other 3 are off the board)

PASS

1) Murray
2) Dumba
3) Grigorenko

I have a feeling that the NYI scouting team wanted to reaffirm their beliefs (not mine) that:
1) Murray has a low ceiling, maybe not a true competitor
2) Dumba's game will not translate to NHL lack of compusure/ maturity (hungry for highlight reel)
3) Grigorenko lacks competitiveness and will to improve.

^
Note: Most of the above statements have to do with psychological and mental capacity (big for NYI when drafting)

^
Another Note: NYI loooooves keeping their cards close to their chest, flying in guys who they think are the best in class just to HOPE they fall to them at #4 doesn't seem like their style. They want to be original, shocking and different.

Once again, I can't say that I agree with any of the above statements (I like Murray), but this is just a feeling that I have based on what the Islanders are looking for because with their draft history, I cannot see them having a particular interest in any of the three guys flown to LI.

Flame away, however, I have a good feeling that this is how things will play out.

SDIsles34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:33 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Stars will probably take Girgensons over Gaunce.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:20 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesker View Post
* NJ forfeits pick, L.A. give their pick to Columbus.
Feedback is welcome!
Pretty sure CLB has the option to take the pick this year or in 2013. They clearly are NOT taking it this year (even if LA repeats, 30th next yr will be better than 29th-30th this year)

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Jesker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Pretty sure CLB has the option to take the pick this year or in 2013. They clearly are NOT taking it this year (even if LA repeats, 30th next yr will be better than 29th-30th this year)
I thought it was L.A. who had the choice to give their 2012 or 2013 pick to the Jackets, I'll check for infos.

Old
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
I seriously doubt the Isles take a pass on both Forsberg and Grigorenko if both are still available at 4 (I am almost certain Grigorenko is taken at 3)

One thing I think we can all agree on is Yakupov is gone by 2 for sure. If the Oilers take Murray, there's no way the Jackets pass up Yakupov whether Rick Nash resigns or not.

SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:18 PM
HoseEmDown

Why does everyone say Vasilevski will fill a huge need for Tampa? Is he gonna play in the NHL next year? No. Is he gonna play in NA next year? No. Is he gonna be ready for the NHL in less than 5 years? Probably not. We are better with goaltending than most people think as we have 2 of the best in the AHL and best in the FEL, we just don't have an NHL #1 which the draft isn't gonna fix this year. I also prefer Dansk to Vasilevski anyway and he can be had in 2nd.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

who does

Quote:
select Subban to try to solve the goalie problem in Phillie
this solve anything for a team that is a contender and needs goaltending now?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote