HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECF: Your NJD v. NYR Thread III

Old
05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 500
ECF: Your NJD v. NYR Thread III

continue...

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC Hockey View Post
Yes, of course. He wants the Rangers to win the Cup before he gets there.

That's a great gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
My point..ive said before that I know for a fact she wants to stay here...with the style , the playoff run and the wife if the Devils come close to the $$$ i think hes going to stay
Hopefully she will convince him to stay, but if the money is good enough, she might be persuaded to move somewhere else. And if he does actually go to the Rangers it would be irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Dont underestimate Karmanos.
**** Karmanos.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

A lot of us were in agreement that this was a team in transition and I still believe that. To get a run like this while still molding as a team with more and more rookies coming aboard is wonderful. I'll take this retool over tanking for years straight anytime.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Parise will turn to garbage if he goes to the Rangers just like Gomez, and Holik. Just watch.

Even John Maclean himself disintegrated within a year of being there though he was their best player along with Gretzky in the post Messier era there before Messier returned. Maclean was a different story though. He was much older, and he just wanted to move back to be near his kids, and he didn't really have to move permanently after he left the Sharks for that half a season. Same with Driver.

Holik, and Gomez were both in their prime. I hate to lump Johnny Mac in this crew cause he didn't leave for the Rangers through free agency, but there is a pattern here.

Maclean, Holik, and Gomez did not finish out their contracts with the Rangers.

Maclean was buried in the minors the last year of his contract there upon Messier's return to New York, and then traded to Dallas mid season

Holik had to be bought out during the lockout after not even reaching his 3rd seaason of like a 7 year contract?

Gomez lasted two years before being shipped to Montreal, and gradually decaying every year. Looks like this contract will be bought out, and not finished.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Pizza Rules
Ilya Kovalsucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
A lot of us were in agreement that this was a team in transition and I still believe that. To get a run like this while still molding as a team with more and more rookies coming aboard is wonderful. I'll take this retool over tanking for years straight anytime.
But that's how we got Larsson

Pizza Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

Getting Larsson in 2011, making the conference finals in 2012 - sense -- it doesnt make any

Capt Brycey Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
HolikHoliday16

so yayo skating right now is great and all, but is it safe to assume that there is no spot for him in our lineup unless there is an injury or our play falls significantly.

I can only see him replacing gionta or bernier, and gionta has proved that he is an important piece of this playoff run and berniers size is just too valuable exp. against the rangers.

Dont get me wrong, i do want him back, i just see a logjam at bottom 6 fowards, this is a good thing

HolikHoliday16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:34 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellis25 View Post
so yayo skating right now is great and all, but is it safe to assume that there is no spot for him in our lineup unless there is an injury or our play falls significantly.

I can only see him replacing gionta or bernier, and gionta has proved that he is an important piece of this playoff run and berniers size is just too valuable exp. against the rangers.

Dont get me wrong, i do want him back, i just see a logjam at bottom 6 fowards, this is a good thing
If, big if, anyone on the 4th line is benched, my gut instinct is that it's Carter. He gets about 2 minutes less a night than his linemates, who seem to be rewarded with additional shifts on other lines... I wonder what Pete's reasoning is. Carter doesn't often seem like a liability.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:38 PM
HolikHoliday16

no hes been great defensively and has provided the two deflection goals, something that is essential to put the puck past henrik

Old
05-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Devils731

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
If, big if, anyone on the 4th line is benched, my gut instinct is that it's Carter. He gets about 2 minutes less a night than his linemates, who seem to be rewarded with additional shifts on other lines... I wonder what Pete's reasoning is. Carter doesn't often seem like a liability.
Sykora has only played 9 and 11 minutes of ES ice time in the first 2 games. I think DeBoer sees that he's wearing down and not playing well, so how important DeBoer thinks Sykora is to the second PP unit probably looms large for Sykora.

Carter gets a little less ice time because Bernier takes some of Sykora's shifts and Gionta gets a couple of shifts with some of the top line guys after a PP or PK screws up line schedules.

Devils731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

I would sit Sykora or Bernier

if its Sykora, bump Henrique up a line and put Yayo on the 3rd line

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

I would not sit Bernier. He has been a beast physically. He's a perfect 3rd/4th liner. I wouldn't put Yayo in the fire unless it's due to injury or he really shows something to PDB.

I wouldn't mind Sykora sitting but you don't want a disgruntled vet this time of year.

Old
05-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

well, I don't change anything til we lose

even if its just for a shakeup, kind of like sitting Larrson

Old
05-18-2012, 04:00 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

As quiet as Sykora has been, Lundqvist takes away a lot of net... do you really want to bench someone who has the ability to snipe it?

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
As quiet as Sykora has been, Lundqvist takes away a lot of net... do you really want to bench someone who has the ability to snipe it?
Nope. Yayo is good but I don't see him making a huge difference either. He's just as soft as Sykora. He's extremely smart and safe but I don't change anything unless we lose.

Old
05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
except sykkie hasnt exactly been sniping. id take a chance with a fresh set of legs. but its up to deebo obviously.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
HolikHoliday16

syqora has shown that he scores (snipes) timely goals when noone else is able to, his pure shooting ability is important to our teams success. Other than Kovalchuk, i want syqora getting set up for shots.

PDB was shifting zubrus elias and syqora last game, i think that syqora lack of ice time is due to team needs, not so much of a product of his play.

Old
05-18-2012, 04:08 PM
HolikHoliday16

plus he did have that goal on henrik earlier this season

Old
05-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

he is benched late in games we are ahead simply because he is slow as molasses and not particularly good defensively

Old
05-18-2012, 04:19 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
I really don't get people worrying about hurting Sykora's feelings. So long as DeBoer isn't texting his lineup and not talking to Syk about it, it should be fine. Ken frigging Daneyko sat during multiple playoff games in 2003. Salvador was held out of Game 7 against Carolina with a minor injury he said he could have played through three years ago (another hidden what if in Devils history...if it's Greene-Salvador on the ice instead of Greene-Havelid, do they score the tying goal?).

Whether it's wise to sit Sykora is another matter...I think he could help the offense more than JJ would at this point, and you need every bit of firepower you can get against this team and this goalie. Yeah I wouldn't cry if Sykora got sat, since he really hasn't been all that great down the stretch, but he does seem like he's got a pulse in this series and wants to do something.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
he is benched late in games we are ahead simply because he is slow as molasses and not particularly good defensively
exactly. which just so happens to be the opposite of what yayo would bring. i would say its between bernier(only for his ***** penalties) and sykkie. and frankly, id rather bench sykkie than touch that 4th line. also, bernier gets slotted as far up as the 2nd line at times. i doubt deebo messes with anything offensively though. i bet larsson gets back in, but even that is a slim chance.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:33 PM
HenriquesJawLine

JP Parise sure has a big mouth
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...ce=twitterfeed

HenriquesJawLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Tundra

I don't touch Sykora. His experience and shot are simply too valuable to take out of the lineup. There is a reason why scores alot of GWGs.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Tundra

Tortorella very close with the late Pat Burns? Never knew this:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...angers_devils/

Quote:
"I know John from a different place," begins Ken Hitchcock, the St. Louis Blues coach who took time out to speak with us on Thursday on the topic of coaches and the media. "I know John for the compassion and the friendship that he provided to Pat Burns for three years. I know John, and how much I respected what he did to help Pat every day."

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2012, 04:40 PM
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
The pieces were there, just needed a coach as a leader. Not transition in the traditional sense.

Reminds me most of 99-2000 club

manisback121 is offline   Reply With Quote