HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great season.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:02 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Party like it's 1994?

No, more like crying like it's 1997!

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
as much as i appreciate the long run, i think not making the playoffs for those 8 years were easier, atleast there was no heartbreak, we knew early on we had no chance, but losing like this is so depressing

I agree with you on this. It was emotionally easier pre-lockout, because you knew the team was terrible and could never make a playoff run. But, it was depressing to be a Rangers fan back then. There were very, very few reasons to be proud to be a Rangers fan back then. Now, I would say that there are many reasons to feel proud of this team.

And, if the Rangers ever do manage to win a Cup, the disappointment of years like this will make the win that much more enjoyable. Alexandre Dumas said in The Count of Monte Cristo, "Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss", and I think that is true.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:09 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

yup awesome season.

It brought back memories of 79 actually but the difference being that the 2012 version has a solid core of younger players who are better than what appears on paper.

A welcome change from the past decade of frustration and poor decisions made by management.

Really looking forward to seeing

Staal back and healthy for a full season and
Hagelin's speed finding his most effective role on the team especially on the PK and chasing down pucks behind the goal line and
Prust's decision on his contract demands

way to go NY !

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:11 PM
MDL8981

Losing to the Devils just ruins everything for me. Irrational? Maybe but thats how I feel.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:17 PM
rangers5000

worst part for me im not a yankee fan, or a fan of any other team for that matter, rangers are the only team i truly cheer for

so there is no tomorrow mlb game or nba game, its all rangers or nothing

plus my father is getting older and not sure how many more years he has left, this could of been the last shot to see rangers

i was to young to appreciate the 94 run, the last 15 years i have always wanted a long run capped off by a cup victory to celebrate with my family especially my father

coming this close, especially with the other top seeds gone, losing in overtime in game 6 it hurts big time right now

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
I watched the rangers make their run in '79 and win the cup in '94.

2012 was not expected to be our year when the year started but it was a nice run. The young guys really stepped up and showed they can make a difference. One more year under the belt and maybe add a couple more young guys from the system.

Our depth guys on the bottom lines killed us in this series.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:19 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

So yeah. I'm gonna post my first one in here. Why? Because indeed, it was a great season.

The Rangers have a group of young forwards (Step, Ani, Hags, Kreider) who gained a lot of Playoff-experience this year, plus a group of defensemen who in, say 2 years, will be nothing short of the best squad in the NHL.

Seeing McDonagh (may god bless Gomez and have mercy on Gauthier's soul), at age 21 today, with 100 games in his legs, making those pinches, making those defensive plays is nothing short of remarkable. Seeing Dizzy (haters will hate) playing this level of offense as a d-men at this age is, well, great.

Seeing Ryan Callahan go absolutely berserk from the 2nd period on is, considering the year, the minutes and the stye he's playing is nothing short of amazing. Here's to hoping he doesn't have to do this on his own the next year, but Step and Dubi (latter if still on the team) following his example. And my oh my, did the Pack-Line have a good game tonight. Imagine them as your 3rd line, behind Hags-Rich-Gabs and Kreider-Step-(Zucc?) (yeah I know, Cap-space, nut nevermind, you could still trade Dubi for a cheaper 3rd liner + pick and not resign Feds (who I love to death)). That's 3 balanced lines you can roll, plus a 4th line which can eat big time minutes.

Seeing Kreider in his first 15 or so games going nothing but clutch, without any experience at the hardest, best and most exciting level of this sport, has to make you, has to make us, as Rangers-Fans, nothing but PSYCHED about this kid.

Having Lundqvist make all this saves, and the fewest of them coming of great reaction, but of GREAT positioning is making me feel nothing but positive for the next years. Because great positioning will only get better with experience and great reflexes can still be there at high age (for a NHL-Player; I tip my hat to Fatso for today's performance, he kept his tema in).

So yeah, I'm not promising a Cup in the next years, but: I am promising a better team, a MUCH better team, which is, considering the work-ethic, the heart and the willingness of this club a prett scary thought for anyone who faces the Rangers.

We are contending. We are ON. Count us in the next few years.

Greetings from the Austrian/Hungarian border and a loud, drunk and clean LET'S GO RANGERS.

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:21 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
worst part for me im not a yankee fan, or a fan of any other team for that matter, rangers are the only team i truly cheer for

I feel you on that. Hockey is the only sport I follow, and though I follow college hockey, the Rangers are the only team I truly keep up with and cheer for on an everyday basis. Makes it that much sadder when they get knocked out of the playoffs (by the Devils, no less)

Old
05-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post

Our depth guys on the bottom lines killed us in this series.

I don't know, I feel differently. The Devils depth guys (4th line) just played unbelievably well, but we shouldn't be counting on guys like Prust, Rupp, Boyle, etc. for goals. I thought it was more that the lack of scoring from guys like Stepan, Anisimov, Hagelin, and Gaborik that really hurt.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:31 PM
nyrage

I've been a Rangers fan for over 40 years. This was truly a team I loved to watch, but I can't believe it's over. I' m in Baltimore for a music fest, but I managed to escape to watch the game in a bar. This will really hurt when it sinks in. We just couldn't win with so many offensively challenged players. It was good experience though. I look forward to next season.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:32 PM
ap215

It was an incredible run by the NYR they made it this far to the ECF & i'm very proud of this team not ashamed they will get better.

Thank You 2011-2012 New York Rangers.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:33 PM
LannyMcdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
I don't know, I feel differently. The Devils depth guys (4th line) just played unbelievably well, but we shouldn't be counting on guys like Prust, Rupp, Boyle, etc. for goals. I thought it was more that the lack of scoring from guys like Stepan, Anisimov, Hagelin, and Gaborik that really hurt.
I think Prust-Boyle-Rupp is as good as a fourth line gets. Bottom 6 was not the issue. But lots to look fwd to.

LannyMcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:35 PM
scott99

Islander's fan coming in peace. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate the Ranger's and their fans on a great season. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. If someone told me my beloved Islanders would finish in the top 4 in the playoffs, I would have been thrilled. You guys have an incredible future with that awesome young defense as well as some great young studs like Kreider and Erixxon who will play their first full seasons. I envy the Ranger's future, and I know my words will be of no solace, but believe me when I say, you guys will be even better next season.

Sure it hurts, but it's a lesson that the Ranger's young guys got, and now they know what they need to do to win.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Islander's fan coming in peace. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate the Ranger's and their fans on a great season. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of. If someone told me my beloved Islanders would finish in the top 4 in the playoffs, I would have been thrilled. You guys have an incredible future with that awesome young defense as well as some great young studs like Kreider and Erixxon who will play their first full seasons. I envy the Ranger's future, and I know my words will be of no solace, but believe me when I say, you guys will be even better next season.

Sure it hurts, but it's a lesson that the Ranger's young guys got, and now they know what they need to do to win.

I agree with and appreciate what you said. And I think the Islanders future is bright as well. Hang in there and give them a couple years, and they'll be a team on the rise. You guys have some great young talent as well.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:42 PM
SoftEuro4thLiner

Quote:
Islander's fan coming in peace. Just wanted to stop by and congratulate the Ranger's and their fans on a great season. [...]
Classy Islanders fan is classy. Plus, you're right. Here's a salute to you. And a Ranger fan hopeful your team steps up the next years - they certainly have their guns (so we can beat you on our way to the Cup )

SoftEuro4thLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Baby Punisher

This was a special season, the team went though alot of adversity, the Euro trip, the extended road trip to begin the season & we put our heads down & became a first place team. Hanks tremendous season in which we all saw him take it to another level, Gabs scoring like we know he could. Cally being a warrior, Girardi showing the leauge that he is a world class defensemenm the re-birth of DZ, the emergence of Haglin & Kredier.

So may special moments for me this season. I had not felt like this about a Ranger team since the 91'-92' team.

It's so hard to get a team to gel in every aspect of the game at the right time. Sadly this team had it's dead spots & we are left to ponder during a shortend off season a lot of what if's.

What if Dubi built on his 24 goal campain a year earlier, what if Boyle had not got concussed during a super hot streak. What if Hags had not been suspended for 3 games, Maybe we end that series in 5 or 6. So many what if's.......

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:

Thank you. I have said in the past I hope it works out for the Islanders & the team stays where it belongs on Long Island, or some where very close by.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyMcdonald View Post
I think Prust-Boyle-Rupp is as good as a fourth line gets. Bottom 6 was not the issue. But lots to look fwd to.
Than the 3rd line should be

Hags-Amisinov-Dubi

I think we see Kreider on the top line next year & we try to get a solid 2nd line winger that is a legit top 6 player. Not a tweener, & it doesn't have to be Rick Nash, Bobby Ryan or Parise.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:06 AM
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!

You guys did very well this year (both season and playoffs) and should be proud. Kudos!

dennilfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
You guys did very well this year (both season and playoffs) and should be proud. Kudos!
Thank you.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
rangers5000

i want to feel proud but i can't, so sad right now

i really think its was missing playoffs for 8 years, atleast we knew we sucked, but making it this far and lossing is so depressing

i always wondered if missing the playoffs alltogether was better than making it far only to lose in heartbreaking fashion

now i know, after the last 15 seasons, and now this tonight, as much as they sucked atleast there was no heartbreak, as much as i loved this run and appreciate it tonight is just depression city

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:32 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
i want to feel proud but i can't, so sad right now

i really think its was missing playoffs for 8 years, atleast we knew we sucked, but making it this far and lossing is so depressing

i always wondered if missing the playoffs alltogether was better than making it far only to lose in heartbreaking fashion

now i know, after the last 15 seasons, and now this tonight, as much as they sucked atleast there was no heartbreak, as much as i loved this run and appreciate it tonight is just depression city
I definitely hear you. It's tough (and that is an understatement). But for as much heartbreak there is, even the most jaded fan has to also see that there is hope. Much more hope than I ever felt in the early 00s.

Plus hearing the Hank/Cally/McD/Staal interviews you know this obviously affects them...in a way I never saw from those other teams.

Finally on a personal note it is great motivation in the gym. At least for me haha, I might be crazy.

05-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Just want to say that it was an honor playing you guys in the ECF. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best and that's what the Rangers were all season. I don't remember a team that played such a grind it out, put it all on the line style like you guys. That takes a lot of guts.

Another thing: Kreider is a stud. He's huge and lightning quick. Not looking forward to facig him in the upcoming years. Thanks for a great series guys.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Plus hearing the Hank/Cally/McD/Staal interviews you know this obviously affects them...in a way I never saw from those other teams.

This definitely seems to true to me as well.

Old
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Being born in '92 kind of sucks but as a die hard fan. They have given me the best season since...well since I can remember. I appreciate it and only see better things from this team as we improve. I will always be a New York Ranger Fan. I bleed blue.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote