HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Third line is solid if everyone is healthy. Fedotenko goes and you replace him with someone younger and you have three solid lines. 4th line is a joke.

I don't care how much we like players like Prust, Rupp or Boyle. We need players with speed and toughness who can chip in 10 or so goals each. Can Boyle score 10? Sure, he'd be the one I'd least likely get rid of. However, I'd have no problem letting Prust or Rupp go and no problem trading Boyle.
Meh, IDK about Prust... He had a good year offensively last season I think that could be more of a norm for him. Scoring was down all over the league and on this team particularly.

What I think we need is a legit winger to take pressure off Gaborik maybe move him down to the 2nd line so he can play against 2nd pairings. If the pack line became our 3rd line we would be golden.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Third line is solid if everyone is healthy. Fedotenko goes and you replace him with someone younger and you have three solid lines. 4th line is a joke.

I don't care how much we like players like Prust, Rupp or Boyle. We need players with speed and toughness who can chip in 10 or so goals each. Can Boyle score 10? Sure, he'd be the one I'd least likely get rid of. However, I'd have no problem letting Prust or Rupp go and no problem trading Boyle.
Of the the three mentioned, Prust is probably the one who can contribute consistently on a 4th line. The other two can be shot out of cannon for all I care.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i want hartnell...if the cap goes down like is to be expected then the flyers have to get rid of players....hartnell would be amazing on broadway in my opinion, maybe send rupp and a prospect the other way...i can dream lol, probably won't happen

Old
05-26-2012, 08:07 AM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Have to say it again, and I'm glad more people are because it's just as much a problem as the lack of a top LW.

The Devils bottom six won them this series, and the Rangers bottom six was not good enough. It needs to be revamped. It's time to move some youth and trade from a position of strength for that of a weakness.

Dubinsky has to go, technically he is a top-6 guy but found himself in the bottom six a lot this year. He is paid too much, and as much as I hate just trading people as the answer to slumps, this kid has been given every chance to become a good (not great) top 6 player, and has failed. At this point he will still make a good bottom six player somewhere in the league with a team who can afford to take his cap-hit.

With the promising amount of defensemen this team has, and the emergence of McD as a legit near superstar blueliner, it's time to sell off some of that depth and bring in some scoring. If they can land Schultz they will have even more options. Honestly, even though DelZotto had a good year overall, I think they should still move this kid, especially if they sign Schultz. Tim Erixon is still in the system and he could very well become a defensively better DZ. DZ is basically our version of Jack Johnson, and I think LA made the right move. (One that may help them win a Cup.)

If Mike Sauer makes it back to the Rangers by camp, I think they could also sell off a defensive defensemen as well, and my pick would be Wrath. He's not going to land you anyone like moving McD/Staal/Girardi would, but those guys are way too important to this team's success and it would be dumb to move them. I think a trade with Edmonton at the draft would be smart for this team. I would love for them to land that #1 overall, but I don't think that will be the case.

Prust will be be resigned, his average to below-average performance this year will definitely help get him back without paying too much. I still want this guy in my bottom-six if I am building a contender.

Mike Rupp is useless beyond this point. He was worth his pay this year for saving the Winter Classic alone, but beyond that the guy is absolutely useless, at least how Torts handles his ice time.

Brian Boyle will probably stay but, hopefully it will be strictly on the 4th line, and he will not be given much PP time, or be on the ice down a goal with 2 minutes left.

Mitchell is gone, and if it wasn't for the fact this team lacked bottom-six depth to begin with, he would have never stuck after his call up. He wasn't a bad player most of the year, but he was not good either. This guy was pretty much the definition of a non-factor.

Fedotenko I would bring back if other options aren't available. I like the 4th line of Prust - Boyle - Feds. As long as they stay a 4th line, and on the 4th line ALL SEASON, I think that is a solid 4th line. When all those guys are playing well it could be one of the best 4th lines in hockey. None of those three guys had their best year, and if they are back next year and ready to play, I think they can be a lot better.

Proposed line-up:

XXX - Richards - Gaborik

Hagelin needs to be on the third line where he belongs. The open LW could be Kreider, but I think they should trade for a LW and slot Kreider on the second.

Kreider - Stepan - XXX

Hopefully Stepan improves this year yet again, and Kreider is in the running for the Calder. These two could be lethal, especially if Stepan works on some things, and goes back to being the playmaker he can be. I'm not sure who they can fill the right-wing with, I would say Callahan, but I think on a strong team he is better suited on the 3rd line, 30 goals be damned.

Hagelin - Anisimov - Callahan

Solid third line both defensively and offensively. Anismov is too quiet at times, and I am hoping that maybe next year he can bring it up a little offensively, but he's usually not making mistakes, so that's good. Maybe he gets moved too at this point, who knows. I don't think they should move him though. Hagelin needs to obviously grow on his rookie year.

Prust - Boyle - Feds

If they all play to their potential, it's one of the best 4th lines in hockey, in my opinion.

By bringing in top-six scoring talent, they effectively fill out their bottom-six with guys we already have who are much better suited to playing there. I think it will lead to more scoring all through the line-up. I think most people will want Feds replaced, but he was one of our best players (sad to say) in the Jersey series. I'd give him one more season. Bring in one more guy who can win faceoffs for the bottom six, and make Boyle earn his damn spot on the 4th line.

05-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i want hartnell...if the cap goes down like is to be expected then the flyers have to get rid of players....hartnell would be amazing on broadway in my opinion, maybe send rupp and a prospect the other way...i can dream lol, probably won't happen
He's too important to that Flyers squad for them to get rid of him.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Prust was useless in the playoffs. People keep saying that the Devils 4th line killed us, but then a player like Prust is never going to kill an opposing team. His sole positive attribute is that he's good at PK. Sure he can be physical, but he never was in a way that can alter the course of the game. I know people like him, but I really don't feel like he can contribute anything come playoff time.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Prust was useless in the playoffs. People keep saying that the Devils 4th line killed us, but then a player like Prust is never going to kill an opposing team. His sole positive attribute is that he's good at PK. Sure he can be physical, but he never was in a way that can alter the course of the game. I know people like him, but I really don't feel like he can contribute anything come playoff time.
Prust plays with Boyle. Boyle makes pretty much everyone he plays with look mediocre.

Prust can be an adventure sometimes with the puck, but he tries to make some sort of a play and shows flashes of poise. Plus he has physical tools that Boyle will never have.

What does Boyle do when he isn't tripping over himself? Dumping the puck in the corner?

Old
05-26-2012, 08:17 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Not many available UFA LWs after Parise. Hudler but he's gonna get overpaid.

I like Prust a lot but I don't know how much he has left in the tank. Guy plays his heart out but will probably have a short career because of all the damage he takes.

Torrey Mitchell I do like. Pretty good player. Also, Brad Boyes could probably be acquired for nothing. He had an awful year.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Our bottom 6 needs complete retooling. And there's 2 ways to go about it:

Getting a top LW, which should force Hags onto the 3rd line. Makes our bottom 6 a lot faster right there.

Looking at Capgeek's UFA list for this year, some notable names:

Parise
Ryan Smith
Shane Doan
Dustin Pancakes Penner
Selanne (not likely, IMO, but would be great for a year.)
Ray Whitney (don't know how long he can keep up. 40 years old)
Michael Samuelson
Chris Kelly. (yes please, great depth guy, wins faceoffs.)
Paul Gaustad
Travis Moen.
Alex Ponikorovsky
Andrew Brunette
Dan Paille
Taylor Pyatt
Zenon Konopka (very effective against us, killed us on faceoffs)

Basically, I don't want plugs in our bottom 6. Not synonymous with eachother. I want a third line that can actually skate, and chip in offensively here and there. Not one that's just there for the sake of it.
I want a fourth line which I don't feel nervous about any time they're in the ice. Look at the Devs fourth line. They killed us. I want some of that. So again, they've got to be able to skate, and not look like a bunch of statues out there. Devs 4th line burned us because they have decent speed, not because they're so damn talented.
Finally, on D, get me a bottom pair guy or two, who Torts is going to be able to trust to play 10-12 mins in the playoffs. Or else we are going to run Staal, McD, and G right into the ground.

We don't need Parise, although I think he'd look great in our system, but a LW is first priority, and then it's a trickle down effect.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:19 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Of the the three mentioned, Prust is probably the one who can contribute consistently on a 4th line. The other two can be shot out of cannon for all I care.
We think the same way! At least Prust can skate well. Boyle and Rupp are mules on ice.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Vitto79

I say
New lw for Richards n gabby
Kreider, stepan , cally
Hagelin, Gaustad, Zuke
Rupp, Boyle, prust

Would be balzy but I do Dubinsky, anisimov, first for Ryan

Old
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Have to say it again, and I'm glad more people are because it's just as much a problem as the lack of a top LW.

The Devils bottom six won them this series, and the Rangers bottom six was not good enough. It needs to be revamped. It's time to move some youth and trade from a position of strength for that of a weakness.

Dubinsky has to go, technically he is a top-6 guy but found himself in the bottom six a lot this year. He is paid too much, and as much as I hate just trading people as the answer to slumps, this kid has been given every chance to become a good (not great) top 6 player, and has failed. At this point he will still make a good bottom six player somewhere in the league with a team who can afford to take his cap-hit.

With the promising amount of defensemen this team has, and the emergence of McD as a legit near superstar blueliner, it's time to sell off some of that depth and bring in some scoring. If they can land Schultz they will have even more options. Honestly, even though DelZotto had a good year overall, I think they should still move this kid, especially if they sign Schultz. Tim Erixon is still in the system and he could very well become a defensively better DZ. DZ is basically our version of Jack Johnson, and I think LA made the right move. (One that may help them win a Cup.)

If Mike Sauer makes it back to the Rangers by camp, I think they could also sell off a defensive defensemen as well, and my pick would be Wrath. He's not going to land you anyone like moving McD/Staal/Girardi would, but those guys are way too important to this team's success and it would be dumb to move them. I think a trade with Edmonton at the draft would be smart for this team. I would love for them to land that #1 overall, but I don't think that will be the case.

Prust will be be resigned, his average to below-average performance this year will definitely help get him back without paying too much. I still want this guy in my bottom-six if I am building a contender.

Mike Rupp is useless beyond this point. He was worth his pay this year for saving the Winter Classic alone, but beyond that the guy is absolutely useless, at least how Torts handles his ice time.

Brian Boyle will probably stay but, hopefully it will be strictly on the 4th line, and he will not be given much PP time, or be on the ice down a goal with 2 minutes left.

Mitchell is gone, and if it wasn't for the fact this team lacked bottom-six depth to begin with, he would have never stuck after his call up. He wasn't a bad player most of the year, but he was not good either. This guy was pretty much the definition of a non-factor.

Fedotenko I would bring back if other options aren't available. I like the 4th line of Prust - Boyle - Feds. As long as they stay a 4th line, and on the 4th line ALL SEASON, I think that is a solid 4th line. When all those guys are playing well it could be one of the best 4th lines in hockey. None of those three guys had their best year, and if they are back next year and ready to play, I think they can be a lot better.

Proposed line-up:

XXX - Richards - Gaborik

Hagelin needs to be on the third line where he belongs. The open LW could be Kreider, but I think they should trade for a LW and slot Kreider on the second.

Kreider - Stepan - XXX

Hopefully Stepan improves this year yet again, and Kreider is in the running for the Calder. These two could be lethal, especially if Stepan works on some things, and goes back to being the playmaker he can be. I'm not sure who they can fill the right-wing with, I would say Callahan, but I think on a strong team he is better suited on the 3rd line, 30 goals be damned.

Hagelin - Anisimov - Callahan

Solid third line both defensively and offensively. Anismov is too quiet at times, and I am hoping that maybe next year he can bring it up a little offensively, but he's usually not making mistakes, so that's good. Maybe he gets moved too at this point, who knows. I don't think they should move him though. Hagelin needs to obviously grow on his rookie year.

Prust - Boyle - Feds

If they all play to their potential, it's one of the best 4th lines in hockey, in my opinion.

By bringing in top-six scoring talent, they effectively fill out their bottom-six with guys we already have who are much better suited to playing there. I think it will lead to more scoring all through the line-up. I think most people will want Feds replaced, but he was one of our best players (sad to say) in the Jersey series. I'd give him one more season. Bring in one more guy who can win faceoffs for the bottom six, and make Boyle earn his damn spot on the 4th line.
Great post! You're right about Cally. Not enough poise with the puck to be in the top 6 of a contending team. But having him on the third line makes it a GREAT third line.
I'm a little worried that Boyle being near Torts will not allow him to take 4th line minutes.
But I like that lineup. Obviously, we need to fill the X's, but that set up should help our scoring, and overall level of play as well.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:27 AM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Well pencil Zuke out now, just signed a contract with Magnitogorsk. Oh well, thought he was too small and ineffective here anyways. Never had the hard on for him some others did.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I say
Kreider, stepan , cally
Hagelin, Gaustad, Zuke
Rupp, Boyle, prust

That's not ballsy, that's not even a question. That'd be robbery.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:49 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

2013 is the better UFA year -- Some will be locked up before they hit FA but the list is way too deep for some very good forwards to slip though the cracks. The Window isnt small. They can make a small move or two in 2012 and roll the dice on another postseason with 90pct of the 2012 roster intact. If they bottom out in 2013, then make a splashy and shake things up.

I bolded the ones I think will not be too expensive and allow the Rangers to sign their internal RFA/UFA that year. Jordan Staal will be expensive but man, does he fit right into this roster.

Player Pos Team Age Cap Hit Expiry
Crosby, Sidney C PIT 24 $8,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Iginla, Jarome R CGY 34 $7,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Elias, Patrik C NJD 36 $6,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Perry, Corey R ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Getzlaf, Ryan C ANA 27 $5,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Ribeiro, Mike C DAL 32 $5,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Alfredsson, Daniel R OTT 39 $4,875,000 2013 (UFA)
Connolly, Tim C TOR 31 $4,750,000 2013 (UFA)
McDonald, Andy C STL 34 $4,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Lupul, Joffrey L TOR 28 $4,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Fisher, Mike C NAS 31 $4,200,000 2013 (UFA)
Hartnell, Scott L PHI 30 $4,200,000 2013 (UFA)
Morrow, Brenden L DAL 33 $4,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Bouchard, PM R MIN 28 $4,080,000 2013 (UFA)
Antropov, Nik C WIN 32 $4,062,500 2013 (UFA)
Roy, Derek C BUF 29 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Staal, Jordan C PIT 23 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Horton, Nathan R BOS 26 $4,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Zajac, Travis C NJD 27 $3,887,500 2013 (UFA)
Koivu, Saku C ANA 37 $3,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Cervenka, Roman C CGY 26 $3,775,000 2013 (UFA)
Clowe, Ryane L SAN 29 $3,625,000 2013 (UFA)
Cullen, Matt C MIN 35 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Ryder, Michael R DAL 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Lombardi, Matthew C TOR 30 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Gagne, Simon L LAK 32 $3,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Zubrus, Dainius C NJD 33 $3,400,000 2013 (UFA)
MacArthur, Clarke L TOR 27 $3,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Weiss, Stephen C FLA 29 $3,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Armstrong, Colby R TOR 29 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Filppula, Valtteri C DET 28 $3,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Cleary, Danny R DET 33 $2,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Clarkson, David R NJD 28 $2,666,667 2013 (UFA)
Prospal, Vinny L CLB 37 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Handzus, Michal C SAN 35 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Malhotra, Manny C VAN 32 $2,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Purcell, Teddy R TBL 26 $2,362,500 2013 (UFA)
Brouwer, Troy L WAS 26 $2,350,000 2013 (UFA)
Burrows, Alexandre R VAN 31 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Neil, Chris R OTT 32 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Hejduk, Milan R COL 36 $2,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Higgins, Chris L VAN 28 $1,900,000 2013 (UFA)
Cooke, Matt L PIT 33 $1,800,000 2013 (UFA)
Torres, Raffi L PHO 30 $1,750,000 2013 (UFA)
Larose, Chad R CAR 30 $1,700,000 2013 (UFA)
Jones, Ryan R EDM 27 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Dupuis, Pascal R PIT 33 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Bozak, Tyler C TOR 26 $1,500,000 2013 (UFA)
Nystrom, Eric L DAL 29 $1,400,000 2013 (UFA)
Miettinen, Antti L WIN 31 $1,351,293 2013 (UFA)
Reasoner, Marty C NYI 35 $1,350,000 2013 (UFA)
Gordon, Boyd C PHO 28 $1,325,000 2013 (UFA)
Kobasew, Chuck R COL 30 $1,250,000 2013 (UFA)
Richardson, Brad R LAK 27 $1,175,000 2013 (UFA)
Shelley, Jody L PHI 36 $1,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Steckel, David C TOR 30 $1,100,000 2013 (UFA)
Orr, Colton R TOR 30 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Lapierre, Maxim C VAN 27 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Crombeen, B.J. R STL 26 $1,000,000 2013 (UFA)
Bradley, Matt R FLA 33 $950,000 2013 (UFA)
Stewart, Anthony R CAR 27 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Thompson, Nate C TBL 27 $900,000 2013 (UFA)
Stalberg, Viktor L CHI 26 $875,000 2013 (UFA)
Miller, Drew L DET 28 $837,500 2013 (UFA)
Hendricks, Matt L WAS 30 $825,000 2013 (UFA)
Smithson, Jerred C FLA 33 $800,000 2013 (UFA)
Regin, Peter C OTT 26 $800,000 2013 (UFA)
Brent, Tim C CAR 28 $750,000 2013 (UFA)
Godard, Eric R DAL 32 $725,000 2013 (UFA)
Adams, Craig C PIT 35 $675,000 2013 (UFA)
Boulton, Eric L NJD 35 $662,500 2013 (UFA)
Letestu, Mark C CLB 27 $625,000 2013 (UFA)
Dwyer, Patrick R CAR 28 $625,000 2013 (UFA)
Ford, Matt R PHI 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Tardif, Jamie R BOS 27 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Hensick, T.J. C STL 26 $600,000 2013 (UFA)
Joudrey, Andrew C CLB 27 $587,500 2013 (UFA)
Whitfield, Trent C BOS 34 $575,000 2013 (UFA)
Gagnon, Aaron C WIN 26 $562,500 2013 (UFA)
Wilson, Kyle C NAS 27 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Cracknell, Adam R STL 26 $550,000 2013 (UFA)
Bickell, Bryan L CHI 26 $541,667 2013 (UFA)
Gordon, Andrew R VAN 26 $537,500 2013 (UFA)
Walter, Ben C CGY 28 $537,500 2013 (UFA)
Anderson, Matt C NJD 29 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Labrie, Pierre-Cedric L TBL 25 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Wiseman, Chad L NJD 31 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Kolarik, Chad C NYR 26 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Morin, Travis C DAL 28 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Ellis, Matt C BUF 30 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Potulny, Ryan C WAS 27 $525,000 2013 (UFA)
Kolanos, Krys C CGY 30 $525,000 2013 (UFA)

Old
05-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Ke11y96

Quote:
I say
Kreider, stepan , cally
Hagelin, Gaustad, Zuke
Rupp, Boyle, prust

I agree moving Dubi and Anisimov is the right step, however why does Anaheim move Ryan? Just like us trying to get 1 more offensive threat to go with Richards and Gabby. The Ducks are not moving Ryan. Plus the Ducks know that their not dealing from a position of weakness when it comes to Ryan, he hasn't asked to be moved, nor do the Ducks have to move him. To me the Rangers need to focus on some of these names, in no particular order...

Nash
Parise
Iginla(possibly?Always rumored to potentially be moved)
Setoguchi (could come cheap and do what many on this team can't and thats shoot, even tho he had a down year)
Marleau
Clowe
Stewart

Maybe a few more names but after that were really grasping at unlikely potentials, even some names in that list are far fetched. I mean who knows whats available for the right package but to me heading into July 1st or even the draft i'd like to say this is where the Rangers stood.

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
XXXXX - Stepan - XXXXX
Hagelin - XXXXX - Callahan
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

McDonah - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
Del Zotto - Erixon

Give this team a quick playmaking but defensively responsible 3rd line center that wins draws.
Then find upgrades into establishing a 2nd line. Hopefully Parise then Setoguchi for example. The combinations are endless but clearly a lack of offense is a downfall to this club. I really don't think its a PPQB or a heavy bomb from the point. NJ has no bomb shot and Zidlicky's movement isn't any better than DZ or Richards, the PP comes down to execution and skilled forwards, which we need more of.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:59 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke11y96 View Post
I agree moving Dubi and Anisimov is the right step, however why does Anaheim move Ryan? Just like us trying to get 1 more offensive threat to go with Richards and Gabby. The Ducks are not moving Ryan. Plus the Ducks know that their not dealing from a position of weakness when it comes to Ryan, he hasn't asked to be moved, nor do the Ducks have to move him. To me the Rangers need to focus on some of these names, in no particular order...

Nash
Parise
Iginla(possibly?Always rumored to potentially be moved)
Setoguchi (could come cheap and do what many on this team can't and thats shoot, even tho he had a down year)
Marleau
Clowe
Stewart

Maybe a few more names but after that were really grasping at unlikely potentials, even some names in that list are far fetched. I mean who knows whats available for the right package but to me heading into July 1st or even the draft i'd like to say this is where the Rangers stood.

Kreider - Richards - Gaborik
XXXXX - Stepan - XXXXX
Hagelin - XXXXX - Callahan
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

McDonah - Girardi
Staal - Schultz
Del Zotto - Erixon

Give this team a quick playmaking but defensively responsible 3rd line center that wins draws.
Then find upgrades into establishing a 2nd line. Hopefully Parise then Setoguchi for example. The combinations are endless but clearly a lack of offense is a downfall to this club. I really don't think its a PPQB or a heavy bomb from the point. NJ has no bomb shot and Zidlicky's movement isn't any better than DZ or Richards, the PP comes down to execution and skilled forwards, which we need more of.
You just moved Anisimov, who's a better playmaker and probably more defensively responsible than whatever faceoff specialist you're going to find.

The 3C is Arty's, moving him would be stupid. You don't move one of our 2 good third line pieces when we need to build a third line.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Vitto79

Let's say they sign gaustad n Parise.

Lw of PArise, Kreider, hagelin, rupp
C of Richards, stepan, Boyle , sign gaustad
Rw, gaborik, Callahan,resign prust one of dubi , anisimov

Old
05-26-2012, 09:05 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'd be interested in David Jones or Kostitsyn for the 3rd line RW.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Let's say they sign gaustad n Parise.

Lw of PArise, Kreider, hagelin, rupp
C of Richards, stepan, Boyle , sign gaustad
Rw, gaborik, Callahan,resign prust one of dubi , anisimov
I don't think they need to do anything at the center position. BB is right...this team needs another RW to play with Kreider and Stepan. The Pack line needs to go back to being the two-way shut down line they were two years ago. Boyle and Prust should comprise the 4th line, and, for now, Hagelin stays with Richards and Gaborik.

This team has two big holes to fill - top 9 RW and RH D-man. With Sauer's uncertain return, Schultz should be a priority. The RW? What about Versteeg? Is he a pending UFA?

Old
05-26-2012, 09:10 AM
blue425

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
IMO, the Rangers have most of the pieces. They just need a little tweaking.
Pretty much this. Tighten a few screws, and shine it up. It does not need to be taken apart and put back together.

Quote:
IDK if I trade Dubinsky. He had an off year, but can you really dump him after one bad season? Do you give him a few months into next season?

Sure he should be traded for the right package, but I can't imagine that his value is too high right now.
Kind of with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
God forbid the lock out happens....god forbid.
This is my biggest fear right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Well they certainly can't rest on their laurels. They need to address three major areas:

1) A triggerman for the PP

2) Another top six LW who has size.

3) An upgrade for our third line center position who can dominate in the face off circle.

Those holes need to be addressed immediately.
Do you really think it's the players? I think Sullivan needs to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Someone earlier texted me that we should find another goalie.

I told them to go **** themselves and never talk hockey with me ever again.
I hope you punched him in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
That's not ballsy, that's not even a question. That'd be robbery.
Dubi, Ani, and a first might get.....a Bobby Ryan game worn jersey.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

You guys can bet your ass that if the Devils win the Cup, Parise is going nowhere.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:12 AM
NYRangers09

I know its probably not gonna happen but Shane Doan would be a great fit on this team

Old
05-26-2012, 09:16 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

David Jones definitely could be a fit at RW.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers09 View Post
I know its probably not gonna happen but Shane Doan would be a great fit on this team
Yup, an older version of Ryan Callahan. However, he's not the elite top six guy we're missing. However, he woukd be an amazing pick up.

Closed Thread