HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Hawks fight ever

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2004, 04:55 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Best Hawks fight ever

You guys have had really tough teams in the past and just as an outsider looking in I know that you guys have seen some wars over the years.

Here are some that I remeber from over the years.

Al Secord Broke Todd Ewen's orbital bone in a scrap

Stu Grimson had a lot of good bouts as a hawk. I remember a few good ones that he had with Probert.

Ryan VandenBusche had an absolute war with Kyle Frederich of the lLightning a couple of years ago where you could see Frederich loosing a tooth.

Probie I am sure had numerous battles. I know he had some good ones with Domi as their little fued continues in Probies days as a Hawk.

I just though this would be fun to talk about during this dead time. If this discussion grows this could be a hell of a list.

Old
12-20-2004, 05:35 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Couple years back two guys (Neither were really big fighters I believe) got in a scuffle and the player on the other team ripped off the hawks players helmet and tried beating him with it. Can't remember names though.

Old
12-21-2004, 08:50 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 634
secord or probert

Old
12-24-2004, 10:19 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
You guys have had really tough teams in the past and just as an outsider looking in I know that you guys have seen some wars over the years.

Here are some that I remeber from over the years.

Al Secord Broke Todd Ewen's orbital bone in a scrap

Stu Grimson had a lot of good bouts as a hawk. I remember a few good ones that he had with Probert.

Ryan VandenBusche had an absolute war with Kyle Frederich of the lLightning a couple of years ago where you could see Frederich loosing a tooth.

Probie I am sure had numerous battles. I know he had some good ones with Domi as their little fued continues in Probies days as a Hawk.

I just though this would be fun to talk about during this dead time. If this discussion grows this could be a hell of a list.

I was thinking more of best fights that you guys have seen as Hawk fans. We had a fairly good discussion about Blues fights on our board and with the very tough teams that you guys have had over the years this would probably be a fun discussion during this dead time.

Old
12-27-2004, 12:22 PM
fullmetalninja

Believe it or not, even with all the famous Probie battles, Grimson battles, Manson et al...

The best fight I have ever seen in person was Vandenbussche v. Lessard. I don't believe it was on TV, but they traded shots for about 1:30 straight. Was brutal.

Other great tilts:

Probert v. Jody Shelly (3 times in one game)
Probert v. Domi- after Domi beat C. Russell and his head hit the ice.

I'm not a big, remember the fight guy... there were soooooo many the year that Probie and Jansens were on the third line (usually with a stiff like KY leroux). That first game of the season in '99 against San Jose? I think it ended with a 5 on 5 melee.

If you really wanna have a quality discussion on it c-carp, check out the blackhawkzone:

www.blackhawkzone.com

there are a ton of old timers there (I only go back to '92), and many of em are big fight fans.

-fullmetalninja

Old
12-27-2004, 01:29 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalninja
Believe it or not, even with all the famous Probie battles, Grimson battles, Manson et al...

The best fight I have ever seen in person was Vandenbussche v. Lessard. I don't believe it was on TV, but they traded shots for about 1:30 straight. Was brutal.

Other great tilts:

Probert v. Jody Shelly (3 times in one game)
Probert v. Domi- after Domi beat C. Russell and his head hit the ice.

I'm not a big, remember the fight guy... there were soooooo many the year that Probie and Jansens were on the third line (usually with a stiff like KY leroux). That first game of the season in '99 against San Jose? I think it ended with a 5 on 5 melee.

If you really wanna have a quality discussion on it c-carp, check out the blackhawkzone:

www.blackhawkzone.com

there are a ton of old timers there (I only go back to '92), and many of em are big fight fans.

-fullmetalninja
I just saw that Vandy-Lessard fight on tape Christmas day. Thanks for the tip on the site. I will definatly go check that out.

Old
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Behn Wilson

My alltime favorite fight was in the playoffs when Dave Manson & Scott Stevens then of St Louis squared off at center ice. Manson finally had enough after Stevens was cheapotting everyone the whole game.]

Manson absolutely pummeled Stevens, it was great.

I also like when Jocelyn Lemieux absolutely pummelled Blues goon Harold Snepsts in the corner. He was laying haymaker after haymaker into Snepsts face and had to back away or he would have killed him. They showed Lemieux's hand in the penalty box being iced and it was completely swollen.

Old time hockey.

Stu Grimson had a few few epic battles with Probie, a hated Red Wing at the time.

Old
01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Pepper

Remember when Grimson went apemad at Leafs Bob Halkidis who tried to punch Marchment who had a broken jaw and wore a full mask? That was pretty funny, I've never seen Grimson go mad like that.

Old
01-10-2005, 03:46 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson
My alltime favorite fight was in the playoffs when Dave Manson & Scott Stevens then of St Louis squared off at center ice. Manson finally had enough after Stevens was cheapotting everyone the whole game.]

Manson absolutely pummeled Stevens, it was great.

I also like when Jocelyn Lemieux absolutely pummelled Blues goon Harold Snepsts in the corner. He was laying haymaker after haymaker into Snepsts face and had to back away or he would have killed him. They showed Lemieux's hand in the penalty box being iced and it was completely swollen.

Old time hockey.

Stu Grimson had a few few epic battles with Probie, a hated Red Wing at the time.
I remember both the Stevens Manson tilt in th Stadium and the Lemiuex Snepsts tilt. I sure miss thise days when the Blues Hawks games were guranteed to be wars.

Some of my favorites were when Bob Bassen bloodied Steve Smith.

Darin Kimble had some good ones with both Grimson and Peluso Ditto for Kelly Chase.

In recent memory Tony Twist had some good ones with Jim Cummins, Reid Simpson and Dennis Bonvie.

Old
01-26-2005, 06:26 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I remeber some Secord-Plett/Payne/Carlson fights in the early 80's.
Stars and Hawks had a good rivalry going in those days.

Closed Thread