HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Final - Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Old
05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
On ice shooting % suggest that to be incorrect.
On ice shooting percentage? Blah, blah, blah. How's this, Elias is fourth among Devils forwards in ice time yet only has six points and is a -5 in 18 games. Clarkson is 7th in forward ice time, which is only one minute less per game then he did in the regular season (not a huge difference). In his 18 games, the 30 goal scorer Clarkson has three goals. Like I said, both are well off their regular season numbers.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Tundra

IMO the Kings "Philly West" second line will have to play a huge factor if they want to win the Cup. In 18 games, the devils have limited the opposition's first lines to 2 goals/ 6 assists/ 8 points at even strength in 18 games. The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.
Brown will make the space.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
IMO the Kings "Philly West" second line will have to play a huge factor if they want to win the Cup. In 18 games, the devils have limited the opposition's first lines to 2 goals/ 6 assists/ 8 points at even strength in 18 games. The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.
I'll take my chances on the Kopitar line being just fine

Old
Perro

Quote:
ervy oposing team's fan base says that Kopitar and brown will not have a lot of space. They do not require any space. Tehy cycle the boards and work their way out front. Stopping kopitar is easier said than done. With everyone focusing on resurgence of Penner, strong play of Brown, and doughty Kopitar is flying under the radar a bit.I'm sure the devil's coaching staff recognize how large of a task stopping him is. I strongly believe that LA would have made it past the first last year had he been healthy.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Brown will make the space.
We will find out. Brown is a unique talent. In comparison, Hartnell and Jagr were suffocated in the Philly series. And the devils basically swallowed their centerman Giroux whole, with the exception being special teams.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
ervy oposing team's fan base says that Kopitar and brown will not have a lot of space. They do not require any space. Tehy cycle the boards and work their way out front. Stopping kopitar is easier said than done. With everyone focusing on resurgence of Penner, strong play of Brown, and doughty Kopitar is flying under the radar a bit.I'm sure the devil's coaching staff recognize how large of a task stopping him is. I strongly believe that LA would have made it past the first last year had he been healthy.
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Perro

Quote:
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.
Well I guess I can use your injury excuse as two thirds of that line went under the knife right after.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
We will find out. Brown is a unique talent. In comparison, Hartnell and Jagr were suffocated in the Philly series. And the devils basically swallowed their centerman Giroux whole, with the exception being special teams.
Kopitar has about 4-5 inches and fifty pounds on Giroux, "swallowing" him and knocking him off the puck is a whole different ballgame

Old
05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Kopitar has about 4-5 inches and fifty pounds on Giroux, "swallowing" him and knocking him off the puck is a whole different ballgame
This....oh and if Harold is caught out there against them then they have zero chance.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Tundra

Quote:
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. And the drop-off to the lower line centers in Josefson and Carter isn't that great in terms of defensive prowess. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Didn't the blues and the Canucks have big defensemen too?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Perro

Quote:
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.
AS you should be, but as we are as well.
It's going to be close.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
AS you should be, but as we are as well.
It's going to be close.
I picked the Kings in 7. Think your D is going to be difference. The devils don't have anyone on Doughty's level.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Perro

Quote:
I picked the Kings in 7. Think your D is going to be difference. The devils don't have anyone on Doughty's level.
The only thing that concerns me is if we get an injury on our back end. We do not have a lot of depth.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. And the drop-off to the lower line centers in Josefson and Carter isn't that great in terms of defensive prowess. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.
The Brown-Kopitar-Williams line has been controlling every series they've played. Who were those series against? The first, fourth, and fifth best defensive teams in the NHL. Kopitar and Brown are both playing the best hockey of their career. If Kopitar wants the puck and the ice, he's going to get it. It all comes down to desire with him.

The Western Conference is built around big, physical centers. Kopitar has dealt with them all season and all playoffs. I don't see the Devils having centers that have the physical prowess to control Kopitar.

We've heard all playoffs how Pahlsson and Kesler were going to shut him down...then it was Backes and Berglund...then it was Hanzal and Gordon. Hasn't happened yet.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The Brown-Kopitar-Williams line has been controlling every series they've played. Who were those series against? The first, fourth, and fifth best defensive teams in the NHL. Kopitar and Brown are both playing the best hockey of their career. If Kopitar wants the puck and the ice, he's going to get it. It all comes down to desire with him.

The Western Conference is built around big, physical centers. Kopitar has dealt with them all season and all playoffs. I don't see the Devils having centers that have the physical prowess to control Kopitar.

We've heard all playoffs how Pahlsson and Kesler were going to shut him down...then it was Backes and Berglund...then it was Hanzal and Gordon. Hasn't happened yet.
Out of hose listed I think Backes did the best job. Or at least he is the player I would most want on the kings.

Old
05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
What else is anyone going to say? Nobody knows how the future will unfold, we're all just fans that don't get to battle along the boards with each other, we have zero control over anything that happens on the ice, and this is how fans go at it. My team is better than your team. No, my team is better than your team. Then various stats are thrown out to prove a point. More stats are thrown out to prove a counterpoint. That goes on and on for a long time. It gets a little mind numbing after a while, but that's what happens with too many days between games. Nothing to talk about except hypothetical abstractions.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Go, Kings, Go!

Signed,
An Isles Fan

Now also a Kings fan from now on.

Go Kings Go!
GO KINGS GO!
Hey Isles fan,
Welsom aboard. You know the Isles-Kings brotherhood goes way back to the Butchie Goring days. There have ben some great trades that have benefited the two teams over the last 30+ years.

Slashin

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
What else is anyone going to say? Nobody knows how the future will unfold, we're all just fans that don't get to battle along the boards with each other, we have zero control over anything that happens on the ice, and this is how fans go at it. My team is better than your team. No, my team is better than your team. Then various stats are thrown out to prove a point. More stats are thrown out to prove a counterpoint. That goes on and on for a long time. It gets a little mind numbing after a while, but that's what happens with too many days between games. Nothing to talk about except hypothetical abstractions.
Ever see the movie Celtic Pride? Those guys tried to have some control over what happens. Let's go get Parise.

Old
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-4 Slashin View Post
Hey Isles fan,
Welsom aboard. You know the Isles-Kings brotherhood goes way back to the Butchie Goring days. There have ben some great trades that have benefited the two teams over the last 30+ years.

Slashin
I was a big Ziggy fan.

Old
05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
I'll take my chances on the Kopitar line being just fine
Every series the same thing is said by opposing fans. Sedin line will shutdown the Kopitar line, the Backes line will shutdown the Kopitar line...If Kopitar's line does get shutdown, then Richards' line steps up and vice versa.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I find it amusing and telling, that Vigneault and Hitchcock had to get their Selke centers away from the Kopitar line.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Every series the same thing is said by opposing fans. Sedin line will shutdown the Kopitar line, the Backes line will shutdown the Kopitar line...If Kopitar's line does get shutdown, then Richards' line steps up and vice versa.
If they bot hget shut down then we insert gagne and have three lines that will produce.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Phoenix thought the same by having another big center in Hanzal go up against Kopitar's line. That didn't seem to go over too well either.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote