HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Final - Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2012, 04:23 PM
  #326
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
On ice shooting % suggest that to be incorrect.
On ice shooting percentage? Blah, blah, blah. How's this, Elias is fourth among Devils forwards in ice time yet only has six points and is a -5 in 18 games. Clarkson is 7th in forward ice time, which is only one minute less per game then he did in the regular season (not a huge difference). In his 18 games, the 30 goal scorer Clarkson has three goals. Like I said, both are well off their regular season numbers.

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:30 PM
  #327
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
IMO the Kings "Philly West" second line will have to play a huge factor if they want to win the Cup. In 18 games, the devils have limited the opposition's first lines to 2 goals/ 6 assists/ 8 points at even strength in 18 games. The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:33 PM
  #328
Wildturkey12
Do It!
 
Wildturkey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.
Brown will make the space.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  #329
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
IMO the Kings "Philly West" second line will have to play a huge factor if they want to win the Cup. In 18 games, the devils have limited the opposition's first lines to 2 goals/ 6 assists/ 8 points at even strength in 18 games. The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.
I'll take my chances on the Kopitar line being just fine

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  #330
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
IMO the Kings "Philly West" second line will have to play a huge factor if they want to win the Cup. In 18 games, the devils have limited the opposition's first lines to 2 goals/ 6 assists/ 8 points at even strength in 18 games. The Kopitar line isn't going to have a whole lot of time and space out there.
ervy oposing team's fan base says that Kopitar and brown will not have a lot of space. They do not require any space. Tehy cycle the boards and work their way out front. Stopping kopitar is easier said than done. With everyone focusing on resurgence of Penner, strong play of Brown, and doughty Kopitar is flying under the radar a bit.I'm sure the devil's coaching staff recognize how large of a task stopping him is. I strongly believe that LA would have made it past the first last year had he been healthy.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:35 PM
  #331
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Brown will make the space.
We will find out. Brown is a unique talent. In comparison, Hartnell and Jagr were suffocated in the Philly series. And the devils basically swallowed their centerman Giroux whole, with the exception being special teams.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  #332
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
ervy oposing team's fan base says that Kopitar and brown will not have a lot of space. They do not require any space. Tehy cycle the boards and work their way out front. Stopping kopitar is easier said than done. With everyone focusing on resurgence of Penner, strong play of Brown, and doughty Kopitar is flying under the radar a bit.I'm sure the devil's coaching staff recognize how large of a task stopping him is. I strongly believe that LA would have made it past the first last year had he been healthy.
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
  #333
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.
Well I guess I can use your injury excuse as two thirds of that line went under the knife right after.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:39 PM
  #334
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
We will find out. Brown is a unique talent. In comparison, Hartnell and Jagr were suffocated in the Philly series. And the devils basically swallowed their centerman Giroux whole, with the exception being special teams.
Kopitar has about 4-5 inches and fifty pounds on Giroux, "swallowing" him and knocking him off the puck is a whole different ballgame

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:41 PM
  #335
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Kopitar has about 4-5 inches and fifty pounds on Giroux, "swallowing" him and knocking him off the puck is a whole different ballgame
This....oh and if Harold is caught out there against them then they have zero chance.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:42 PM
  #336
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Kopitar has about 4-5 inches and fifty pounds on Giroux, "swallowing" him and knocking him off the puck is a whole different ballgame
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. And the drop-off to the lower line centers in Josefson and Carter isn't that great in terms of defensive prowess. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:43 PM
  #337
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Didn't the blues and the Canucks have big defensemen too?

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:44 PM
  #338
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.
AS you should be, but as we are as well.
It's going to be close.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:45 PM
  #339
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
AS you should be, but as we are as well.
It's going to be close.
I picked the Kings in 7. Think your D is going to be difference. The devils don't have anyone on Doughty's level.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
  #340
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I picked the Kings in 7. Think your D is going to be difference. The devils don't have anyone on Doughty's level.
The only thing that concerns me is if we get an injury on our back end. We do not have a lot of depth.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
  #341
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I agree with you there. He's a far more physical presence than Giroux and Richards. But we can throw Zajac or Henrique (much stronger than he looks) at him. And the drop-off to the lower line centers in Josefson and Carter isn't that great in terms of defensive prowess. It's going to be an interesting matchup but I'm confident.
The Brown-Kopitar-Williams line has been controlling every series they've played. Who were those series against? The first, fourth, and fifth best defensive teams in the NHL. Kopitar and Brown are both playing the best hockey of their career. If Kopitar wants the puck and the ice, he's going to get it. It all comes down to desire with him.

The Western Conference is built around big, physical centers. Kopitar has dealt with them all season and all playoffs. I don't see the Devils having centers that have the physical prowess to control Kopitar.

We've heard all playoffs how Pahlsson and Kesler were going to shut him down...then it was Backes and Berglund...then it was Hanzal and Gordon. Hasn't happened yet.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:57 PM
  #342
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
The Brown-Kopitar-Williams line has been controlling every series they've played. Who were those series against? The first, fourth, and fifth best defensive teams in the NHL. Kopitar and Brown are both playing the best hockey of their career. If Kopitar wants the puck and the ice, he's going to get it. It all comes down to desire with him.

The Western Conference is built around big, physical centers. Kopitar has dealt with them all season and all playoffs. I don't see the Devils having centers that have the physical prowess to control Kopitar.

We've heard all playoffs how Pahlsson and Kesler were going to shut him down...then it was Backes and Berglund...then it was Hanzal and Gordon. Hasn't happened yet.
Out of hose listed I think Backes did the best job. Or at least he is the player I would most want on the kings.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
  #343
KingsFan7824
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.
What else is anyone going to say? Nobody knows how the future will unfold, we're all just fans that don't get to battle along the boards with each other, we have zero control over anything that happens on the ice, and this is how fans go at it. My team is better than your team. No, my team is better than your team. Then various stats are thrown out to prove a point. More stats are thrown out to prove a counterpoint. That goes on and on for a long time. It gets a little mind numbing after a while, but that's what happens with too many days between games. Nothing to talk about except hypothetical abstractions.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:22 PM
  #344
2-4 Slashin
Tony Granato Fan!
 
2-4 Slashin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: South Pasadena
Country: United States
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Go, Kings, Go!

Signed,
An Isles Fan

Now also a Kings fan from now on.

Go Kings Go!
GO KINGS GO!
Hey Isles fan,
Welsom aboard. You know the Isles-Kings brotherhood goes way back to the Butchie Goring days. There have ben some great trades that have benefited the two teams over the last 30+ years.


Slashin

2-4 Slashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
  #345
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
What else is anyone going to say? Nobody knows how the future will unfold, we're all just fans that don't get to battle along the boards with each other, we have zero control over anything that happens on the ice, and this is how fans go at it. My team is better than your team. No, my team is better than your team. Then various stats are thrown out to prove a point. More stats are thrown out to prove a counterpoint. That goes on and on for a long time. It gets a little mind numbing after a while, but that's what happens with too many days between games. Nothing to talk about except hypothetical abstractions.
Ever see the movie Celtic Pride? Those guys tried to have some control over what happens. Let's go get Parise.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
  #346
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-4 Slashin View Post
Hey Isles fan,
Welsom aboard. You know the Isles-Kings brotherhood goes way back to the Butchie Goring days. There have ben some great trades that have benefited the two teams over the last 30+ years.


Slashin
I was a big Ziggy fan.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
  #347
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
I'll take my chances on the Kopitar line being just fine
Every series the same thing is said by opposing fans. Sedin line will shutdown the Kopitar line, the Backes line will shutdown the Kopitar line...If Kopitar's line does get shutdown, then Richards' line steps up and vice versa.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:31 PM
  #348
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 16,456
vCash: 500
I find it amusing and telling, that Vigneault and Hitchcock had to get their Selke centers away from the Kopitar line.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:39 PM
  #349
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Every series the same thing is said by opposing fans. Sedin line will shutdown the Kopitar line, the Backes line will shutdown the Kopitar line...If Kopitar's line does get shutdown, then Richards' line steps up and vice versa.
If they bot hget shut down then we insert gagne and have three lines that will produce.

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
  #350
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Every series the same thing is said by opposing fans. Sedin line will shutdown the Kopitar line, the Backes line will shutdown the Kopitar line...If Kopitar's line does get shutdown, then Richards' line steps up and vice versa.
Phoenix thought the same by having another big center in Hanzal go up against Kopitar's line. That didn't seem to go over too well either.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.