HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fan Reaction: 1995 ECF Against Flyers versus 2012 ECF Against Rangers

Old
05-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Team Concept

vCash: 500
Fan Reaction: 1995 ECF Against Flyers versus 2012 ECF Against Rangers

I was at the game on Friday night and was curious of those fans who attended both the 1995 ECF versus the Flyers and the 2012 ECF versus the Rangers.

Was it louder in 2012 than in 1995?

Were the fans in the corridors and outisde high-fiving each other like we did on Friday?

The 2012 win was a huge monkey off our backs versus the Rangers, but 1995 was the first time we made it to the Cup Finals. I have to believe it was equally as loud and emotional as this past Friday.

Any fans willing to share their thoughts would be appreciated.

Team Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:57 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I can't rightly answer, but the funny part is I was viewing the highlights of that game a LOT before Game 6 (mostly on YouTube either with the Heaven video or Doc's highlight video 'The Title is Team). While most of the media and Ranger fans wanted to relive '94, I used winning the ECF at home in '95 - against a rival no less - as my inspiration to get pumped up, hoping to see that kind of result live this time.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Sarge18

I was there for both and while 95 was pretty close in terms of emotion, Friday night was off the charts as far as noise and fan unity. Of course the tailgating scene before game 6 in 95 was complete insanity and we can't match that any more, but other than that our crowd Friday night blew anything from 95 away. The celebration after we beat the Flyers was great, but the majority of the crowd was older. I remember everyone in the arena singing along to Livin On A Prayer after the game when they played it as the team left the ice. I don't remember a lot of high fiving and all the stuff we saw on Friday night, and it was POURING in 95 on the way out and it was just one big traffic jam on the roads leading out of the arena. Everyone was just sitting there not moving and beeping their horns in unison. People were getting out of their cars and running around high fiving people in other cars after a while. It was a great time, and special because it was our first, and awesome after the previous year.

All along I've said 95 was the most special cup to me, with most of my reason being that it was the first, but if we win it this year, 95 gets blown away, and our fans and the experience at the games is a big reason for that.

Sarge18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:33 AM
DevilsTilIDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
I was at the game on Friday night and was curious of those fans who attended both the 1995 ECF versus the Flyers and the 2012 ECF versus the Rangers.

Was it louder in 2012 than in 1995?

Were the fans in the corridors and outisde high-fiving each other like we did on Friday?

The 2012 win was a huge monkey off our backs versus the Rangers, but 1995 was the first time we made it to the Cup Finals. I have to believe it was equally as loud and emotional as this past Friday.

Any fans willing to share their thoughts would be appreciated.

I myself was not there for 95.. but good lord was the place rockin on friday. It was the loudest its ever been. Beating the dirtiest and most hated rival you have in the ECF and watching their fans just sit there.. crying? Epic. They wanted '94 so bad and couldn't have it. I ended up hugging and kissing the fellow STH next to me! thats how emotional it was.

DevilsTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:46 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

The Heaven video clip of the guy at the grill cooking burgers is vivid in my mind.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Lou's Koolaid
I live here

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
The Heaven video clip of the guy at the grill cooking burgers is vivid in my mind.
Went to High school with him. He lives in Michigan now but, is still a Devils diehard.

Lou's Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:38 PM
drewbee30

I was 15 for that game and remember the place exploding when claude scored his goal. This game last friday was different for so many reasons. The place exploded 10x's more. Now 32 I was jumping around like a 6 year old on xmas day, i even jumped on a complete strangers back next to me and bearhugged him and his gfriend. I was able to finally release a lot of emotion dating back to '94. Leaving the arena, walking down mulberry, hanging at loft47 after I took it all in. "This one will last a lifetime!"

drewbee30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Sarge18

Also, Philly went up 1-0 early in the game but you just knew we were gonna win. When the Rangers tied it on Friday night I wasn't nearly as confident. In 95 it was 3-1 Devils in the 2nd and pretty much a party the rest of the night. The party didn't start till the game was over Friday night.

Sarge18 is offline   Reply With Quote