HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 12:21 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Hope Sather resigns him, but I have a feeling he's going to demand a one way deal.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Hope Sather resigns him, but I have a feeling he's going to demand a one way deal.
Yea he will and I say give it to him and if he doesnt make the team he goes to khl

Old
05-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Meh, no harm in trying to bring him back for another year.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Max Denby

If NYR only offers him a 2 way deal and he doesn't sign, would that make him an UFA?

Old
05-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

what's the difference between the 1 way and 2 way deal? does he make less with a 2 way?

Old
05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
what's the difference between the 1 way and 2 way deal? does he make less with a 2 way?
1 way is waivers if sent down/called up.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Max Denby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
With a 1 way deal a player gets paid the same even if he should be sent to the AHL. With a 2 way deal he makes less money in the AHL

Old
05-26-2012, 01:15 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

http://rsport.ru/hockey/20120526/598806319.html

GM of Magnitogorsk said: "Zuccarelo signed contract with us today. We talked to him during NHL play-off to find out how serious is his injury. We canceled negotiation after he was healthy, ready to play NHL play-offs. We did not want to disturb him. He was not added to NYR roster, so we followed on negotiation TODAY. He got our offer sheet a few days ago, we had verbal argeement (before we canceled negotiation), he signed contract immidiately after NYR finished seaseon"

Old
05-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Russian Spy

Done. http://allhockey.ru/news/124261/ GM of Magnitogorsk mister Velichkin said that they've been talking to him before PO exit, he said they talked out all the contract conditions before and they wouldn't bothered him knowing he's concentrated on play-offs but sadly he wasn't put in the roster after an injury and just right after the NYR quit Mats signed a contract(2years) he said it was done very quick because Mats agents had all the papers ready to sign.There's definitely something wrong with that Ryman words and that strange tweets of Mats. For you to note Velichkin is one of the most respective GM in KHL and an old man I just don't see any reason to lie for him surely he won't say such things if he would not had copy of Mats signed contract on his office table.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Russian Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
http://rsport.ru/hockey/20120526/598806319.html

GM of Magnitogorsk said: "Zuccarelo signed contract with us today. We talked to him during NHL play-off to find out how serious is his injury. We canceled negotiation after he was healthy, ready to play NHL play-offs. We did not want to disturb him. He was not added to NYR roster, so we followed on negotiation TODAY. He got our offer sheet a few days ago, we had verbal argeement (before we canceled negotiation), he signed contract immidiately after NYR finished seaseon"
Lol you got me here Vorky

Old
05-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Max Denby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
Done. http://allhockey.ru/news/124261/ GM of Magnitogorsk mister Velichkin said that they've been talking to him before PO exit, he said they talked out all the contract conditions before and they wouldn't bothered him knowing he's concentrated on play-offs but sadly he wasn't put in the roster after an injury and just right after the NYR rangers Mats signed a contract(2years) he said it was done very quick because Mats agents had all the papers ready to sign.There's definitely something wrong with that Ryman words and that strange tweets of Mats. For you to note Velichkin is one of the most respective GM in KHL and an old man I just don't see any reason to lie for him surely he won't say such things if he would not had copy of Mats signed contract on his office table.
Maybe Mats has a clause in his contract with Magnitogorsk that allows him to stay with NYR if they offer him the contract he wants

Old
05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
babyshamble

From Espn: The deal is pending Zuccarello doesn't sign another NHL deal.

And I just don`t believe that he would want to live in Magnitogorsk. Maybe St Petersburg or Moscow. I believe that Zuke will be in NA for next season.

Last edited by babyshamble: 05-26-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old
05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Russian Spy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Denby View Post
Maybe Mats has a clause in his contract with Magnitogorsk that allows him to stay with NYR if they offer him the contract he wants
Maybe. Velichkin hasnt noticed that. After all this is kinda funny situation, if he really signed with Magnitogorsk why not to say so and if there's an out clause he can just say it as well, what's he's waiting for a one way deal from Rangers?

Old
05-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Artemia

Smart move if he goes.

Much more money, guaranteed 1st line play, no small stupid NHL ice, and playing in KHL means always available for national team.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:37 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I am sure there are NOT out clauses in KHL contracts. Only way how to explain it is this. He signed contract with Magnitogorsk but has verbal deal that if he gets good NHL contract, Magnitogorsk will agree with annuling contract with him. Verbal deals are not valid/binding.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

imo this problem all has to stem from a language barrier.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Max Denby

Quote:
I am sure there are NOT out clauses in KHL contracts. Only way how to explain it is this. He signed contract with Magnitogorsk but has verbal deal that if he gets good NHL contract, Magnitogorsk will agree with annuling contract with him. Verbal deals are not valid/binding.
If a verbal deal isn't valid, what's the point in making them? I was under the impression that a verbal deal is just as legally binding as a written deal.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
babyshamble

Maybe he has made a verbal deal that if he is not playing in the NHL next year he will play for Magnitogorsk ?

It just does not make sense that he signed a deal in the KHL before he even talked with the Rangers. Especially because he finished the season with the Rangers and looked good out there before the injury. Nothing about this makes any sense.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Denby View Post
If a verbal deal isn't valid, what's the point in making them? I was under the impression that a verbal deal is just as legally binding as a written deal.
it is called good relationship among player and club. Look, Radulov and Komarov had contracts for next season. Both had verbal deal with club that contract will be MUTUALLY canceled if they got NHL offer. Of course, player can cancel contract if he wants but he has to pay some % of contract remeinder to club. Therefore this verbal deal - club does not want to make troubles to players

Old
05-26-2012, 01:58 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Maybe he has made a verbal deal that if he is not playing in the NHL next year he will play for Magnitogorsk ?
Magnitogorsk GM said he SIGNED. Zuccarelo´s agent said he DID NOT sign. You can choose whom you believe.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Magnitogorsk GM said he SIGNED. Zuccarelo´s agent said he DID NOT sign. You can choose whom you believe.
Can he not go to camp and if he doesn't make it go to the khl

Old
05-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
zucc's agent's probably a pretty smart guy. i wouldn't be surprised if he found a loophole and is just doing this to help zucc's nyr negotiations. we know zucc wants to be here.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Well Zuccarello himself calls it; rumours..,the GM of Magnitogorsk calls it a signing..some significant difference eh? Why should Zuccarello be in such a hurry..when Sather has stopped crying he will follow up his words and have contract discussions with him, and there are probably several NHL and KHL teams waiting in the corridor. No need to sign anything yet.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Can he not go to camp and if he doesn't make it go to the khl
i strongly doubt the nhl/team(torts, sather) would respect that. it's basically saying play me or i'll see you later. i'd guess that they wouldn't even let him play through camp. they'd just pack his bags and say see ya.

Old
05-26-2012, 02:12 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
magnitogorsk gm said he signed. Zuccarelo´s agent said he did not sign. You can choose whom you believe.

Zooks said he didnt sign!!!

Who would know better than the player himself?

Closed Thread