HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Milan lucic

Old
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
compan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsilverstick View Post
Yep, that half-hearted swing caused by momentum from the hit that didn't even connect was dangerous.

If we are counting that as dangerous, about 500 other acts have been added to Lucic list.
Half-hearted... caused my momentum I guess it was only convenient for Bruins fans to argue that it looked retaliatory. You may be one of my favorite HF trolls because you leave the possibility that you truly feel this way.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Nope!
Dam!!! Where is that sulky face emoc.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:14 PM
TSBruins13

Wait wait wait....you truly believe that Miller's swing was caused by momentum from the hit?

ahhhhhhhahahahahahahahahhhhh

/thread

TSBruins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Remember after the Miller incident game Miller stayed around in the dressing room just to get on camera and call Lucic a 'punk'.

Also remember Buffalo's "revenge" game where Lucic kicked Gaustad's ass?

lol.
Lucic is a big meany! Wahhh.

Don't come out of the net if you dont wanna be at risk.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBruins13 View Post
Wait wait wait....you truly believe that Miller's swing was caused by momentum from the hit?

ahhhhhhhahahahahahahahahhhhh

/thread
Doesn't every player who gets knocked down lay there for a few seconds then involuntarily take a lumberjack chop at another players legs from momentum??

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Dam!!! Where is that sulky face emoc.
You're guy already said you didn't want him for free, too late!

I can't help but think of the Brian Boitano song right now...

Old
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Really? So Miller should be allowed to skate wherever he wants to get the puck? Could you just as easily say so Lucic should just stop skating for a puck 30 feet away from the net to allow Miller to play the puck?
Yes, goalies ARE allowed to skate there. Like it or not, goalies are protected, because of the importance in position they play and because their equipment is designed to stop pucks and not people, inviting more potential for injury.

There was more than enough time after Lucic realized that he wasn't going to get the puck first to move out of the way, or even try and score a goal, instead of running Miller over on purpose.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Lucic is a big meany! Wahhh.

Don't come out of the net if you dont wanna be at risk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQXQQ38jFE

Send Lucic and Gionta to the same prison!!!

Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
lets see if this transport stops .. make sense too..
Any other player with a respect for the game wouldve moved, he couldve easiy avoided miller

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
TSBruins13

TSBruins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
compan

Screw having him on your team for free, I've heard enough about this Lucic character that he should be behind bars! The guy is just straight reckless. Get him before he goes behind the wheel of a car and really hurts somebody.

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
You're guy already said you didn't want him for free, too late!

I can't help but think of the Brian Boitano song right now...
What guy??? I guess he figures we're tough enough already.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins71 View Post
Doesn't every player who gets knocked down lay there for a few seconds then involuntarily take a lumberjack chop at another players legs from momentum??
Lay there for a few seconds? I suggest you watch the hit again.

Miller may have helped it along slightly, but majority of the force was momentum, it happened right away, and it didn't connect, for all we know, because Miller pulled back. Even if it did connect, I doubt Lucic feels it through equipment, while Miller is quite obviously going to feel a truck running him over while in goalie equipment.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:23 PM
JKsilverstick*

Either way, this thread just confirmed stereotypes about Bruins fans. I have other stuff to do than to argue this all day with a bunch of trolls.

Boston, you want him. I don't. Let us leave it at that. We are all happy.

We can revisit this when Lucic next injures somebody, so probably not that long.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Lucic seemed to be off his game in the playoffs. Alzner and Hendricks did a great job of distracting him.

Lucic is a good hockey player when hes focused. When hes running around like a chicken with his head cut of is when hes useless to his team.

I remember him getting in some trouble with the law after the bruins won the cup. I think there were allegations that he beat his girlfriend. Now it may not represent him as a person, but it does seem like he can lose his cool.. Of course he wouldn't be able to fulfill the type of role he does if he didnt have an excess of testosterone.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:

Miller may have helped it along slightly, but majority of the force was momentum, it happened right away, and it didn't connect, for all we know, because Miller pulled back. Even if it did connect, I doubt Lucic feels it through equipment, while Miller is quite obviously going to feel a truck running him over while in goalie equipment.
You don't think someone swinging a stick like that and connecting with the side of his skate would hurt? Really?

And to suggest that was momentum is just comical.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Hell, I don't even have to go into suspensions or fines for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bG0Z-OatSg

Likely ruined Buffalo's season.
If you actually look at the play Lucic pulls his body back and straightens up. That's not the position you put yourself in to make huge contact. He held up in the one second between Miller playing the puck and him making contact. Miller turns away at the same time which causes his dramatic spin. He loses his helmet in the spin. Miller however wildly swings his goal stick which could have hit and injured Lucic or even one of his teammates coming to defend him. Lucic poked the puck a little too hard forward and was trying to get to it. I'm not really sure what you expect him to do in the 1 second he had to respond once Miller played the puck. He didn't alter his path for the hit just kept going forward.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Lucic seemed to be off his game in the playoffs. Alzner and Hendricks did a great job of distracting him.

Lucic is a good hockey player when hes focused. When hes running around like a chicken with his head cut of is when hes useless to his team.

I remember him getting in some trouble with the law after the bruins won the cup. I think there were allegations that he beat his girlfriend. Now it may not represent him as a person, but it does seem like he can lose his cool.. Of course he wouldn't be able to fulfill the type of role he does if he didnt have an excess of testosterone.
All valid points, and there were never even allegations I dont think. Even his girlfriend vehemently denied that anything like that happened. Dont remember exactly what happened.

And hes a hot head who crosses the line with phenomenal skill for the physical ability/intimidation he brings.

HGP, would you want him on your team?

Old
Eennad142

Quote:
Either way, this thread just confirmed stereotypes about Bruins fans. I have other stuff to do than to argue this all day with a bunch of trolls.
We can revisit this when Lucic next injures somebody, so probably not that long.
You joined HF within the last two months, and trolling already. Anyone not agenda-driven would have moved on long before.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Yes, goalies ARE allowed to skate there. Like it or not, goalies are protected, because of the importance in position they play and because their equipment is designed to stop pucks and not people, inviting more potential for injury.

There was more than enough time after Lucic realized that he wasn't going to get the puck first to move out of the way, or even try and score a goal, instead of running Miller over on purpose.
hahahahahahahaha. This is hilarious. So by your theory if miller elected to keep the puck and keep skating to the other end of the ice and try and score himself no player should be allowed to do anything but step aside and let him go. Just clueless.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:30 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

So now goalie equipment is less protective than players equipment. Good god.

Old
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
You joined HF within the last month, and trolling already. Anyone not agenda-driven would have moved on long before.
Still leaving, just like to point out that I have been here since the beginning of April, and was visiting this site long before then.

There is no agenda. I am not a troll.

Seems like anybody around here that doesn't agree with you is a troll these days.

Quote:
hahahahahahahaha. This is hilarious. So by your theory if miller elected to keep the puck and keep skating to the other end of the ice and try and score himself no player should be allowed to do anything but step aside and let him go. Just clueless.
That is against the rules. Somebody is clueless, but it isn't me.

Quote:
So now goalie equipment is less protective than players equipment. Good god.
For absorbing hits, yes. Do some research.

Old
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:

You should take a poll and see who would want Lucic on their team. Thatd be interesting.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Any other player with a respect for the game wouldve moved, he couldve easiy avoided miller
Wait.. you know this ? this exact play ? Have you skated for a loose puck with your head down ? ... GOD IS THIS REALLY YOU

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:

LOL. How are Bruins fans trolls in a thread about a Bruin?