Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Acquire Chris Bourque's Rights for Zach Hamill

Old
05-27-2012, 12:36 AM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
I didn't expect Hamill to be back.....that Chia got anything for him is a plus.

Addition by subtraction mostly, freeing up cap space and adding emergency depth if Bourque decides to stay.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Considering we put him on waivers I am more than happy to get the spawn of Ray Bourque in exchange for him

Best of luck to Zach, but happy to have Chris

Pay Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Why is it make or break?

Caron is 21. Is he going to be over the hill at 22 if he doesn't make it this year?

Good thing nobody said that about Marchand.
Yeah, people seem a little hard on Caron. The guy was a late 1st rounder and picked not that long ago, 3 years of development isn't that much. He has shown improvement and played a lot more games in Boston last year, Caron has been fine for where they got him in the draft.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:22 AM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Why is it make or break?

Caron is 21. Is he going to be over the hill at 22 if he doesn't make it this year?

Good thing nobody said that about Marchand.
It's make or break for Caron in that it'll be his 3rd year pro and his contract is up at the end of the season. Usually after their 3rd year pro you have a pretty good idea of what a guy is.

Last edited by dafoomie: 05-27-2012 at 01:28 AM.
dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:30 AM
CamFan81
HF Snob Agitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
we'll see a hamill thread pop up every time he scores a goal for washington.
So about 2 threads over the next 5 seasons

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:48 AM
GarbageGoal
I hear ya, Ed

If Chris makes the Boston roster out of camp......there's a huge problem.

Not a leader, but he likes playing in Hershey......especially after his jaunts overseas failed miserably.

He's also the only guy worse than Ovechkin in the Caps system when it comes to embarrassing goal celebrations.

I just don't know.....if he ends up in Providence maybe he stays on his best behavior for his dad's sake.....or he turns into another Patrick O'Sullivan type.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:00 AM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Hamill, Colborne, and Caron in consecutive drafts really set them back, big gap in the farm system because of that.
When you look at Chiarelli's body of work drafting has left a lot to be desired. 2007 was a total waste and 2008 had one useful asset (Colborne) and some minor pieces. 2009 seems better if Caron or Macdermid can become NHL players and 2010/2011 is still too early but Seguin and Hamilton were no brainers.

People have high hopes for Knight, Spooner and Khokhlachev, but I want to see them play a little pro-hockey before foolishly giving them a role on the Boston Bruins.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:33 AM
MioneRask134
Queen in the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
When you look at Chiarelli's body of work drafting has left a lot to be desired. 2007 was a total waste and 2008 had one useful asset (Colborne) and some minor pieces. 2009 seems better if Caron or Macdermid can become NHL players and 2010/2011 is still too early but Seguin and Hamilton were no brainers.

People have high hopes for Knight, Spooner and Khokhlachev, but I want to see them play a little pro-hockey before foolishly giving them a role on the Boston Bruins.

If they earn a spot, who cares if they havent played a little pro hockey before then? If Knight get's a spot on the team right out of camp (which I'm willing to bet he does), he earned it. Nobody is foolishly giving them anything. It's all about how you earn it.

If Bourque comes in camp, plays his tail off. And plays himself on the team, then that's all you can ask.

MioneRask134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:16 AM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Yeah, people seem a little hard on Caron. The guy was a late 1st rounder and picked not that long ago, 3 years of development isn't that much. He has shown improvement and played a lot more games in Boston last year, Caron has been fine for where they got him in the draft.
Yeah most guys aren't in the NHL at 20/21. Only 4 guys drafted after him have more NHL points so far and only 1 is more than 10 points ahead. You can't expect a star and are lucky to get any decent player at the #25 pick. He looks like a solid 3rd liner with size who can hit, kill penalties and put up some points with 2nd line potential.

Here are his stats this year:
48 GP
7 Goals
8 Assists
15 Points
64 Hits
15 Blocked Shots

Over 82 games that would be:
82 GP
12 Goals
14 Assists
26 Points
109 Hits
26 Blocked Shots

That was his age 20/21 season with only 11 1/2 minutes of ice time and basically no power play time. The same production with 15 min/game would be 33 pts. He should be better this year.

This certainly isn't make or break. Bobby Ryan was still doing more AHL time at the same age and then broke out during the season Caron has coming up. I don't expect Ryan but given more ice time over a full season this year it isn't that unreasonable to project him for somewhere around 18 goals, 40 points, 150 hits, 40 blocked shots and that would be showing very little improvement over this year.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:47 AM
seemlessglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Per Ted Starkey on Twitter ...

Will try to find a link.

Update: Link

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...74&feedID=6357
Rev up the Duckboats the Stanley Cup is coming back to Boston! Unless Ray and Chris are able to switch bodies then I don't think this has much bearing on anything. Basically a stiff for stiff trade.

seemlessglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:52 AM
ODAAT

Poor Crossfire, nice story for the Bourque family but I don`t see this particular Bourque having any meaningful impact on the big club

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Poor Crossfire, nice story for the Bourque family but I don`t see this particular Bourque having any meaningful impact on the big club
thank you for saying this out loud.....^

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
thank you for saying this out loud.....^
haha, no problem, it is a nice story and one that will be told around the Bourque Dining Room table for a few yrs. to come I am sure. Not saying the kid won`t at some point be able to play for the big club but.......just tryin to keep it in perspective if that`s even something I am capable of doing???

Old
05-27-2012, 06:26 AM
Kovi

Quote:
haha, no problem, it is a nice story and one that will be told around the Bourque Dining Room table for a few yrs. to come I am sure. Not saying the kid won`t at some point be able to play for the big club but.......just tryin to keep it in perspective if that`s even something I am capable of doing???
I can remember being at a college game and the crowd chanting "you're not your father".... urgh.

I tried to find a youtube of it, no luck.

Old
05-27-2012, 06:31 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I can remember being at a college game and the crowd chanting "you're not your father".... urgh.

I tried to find a youtube of it, no luck.
Can`t imagine what it would be like being the son of an NHL Hall of Famer, Ray set that bar at an insane height

Old
05-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Can`t imagine what it would be like being the son of an NHL Hall of Famer, Ray set that bar at an insane height
I'd image it's even worse if you an just an "ok" player....

but ya, I agree

Old
05-27-2012, 06:42 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I'd image it's even worse if you an just an "ok" player....

but ya, I agree
Then there`s the other side of the coin, Tie Domi`s son Max has the potential to crush any memories of his father`s NHL "legacy"

Old
05-27-2012, 07:31 AM
BallroomBitz
What about Griffith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Why is that?
Too much pressure.

BallroomBitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:17 AM
BruinDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Chris Bourque is our replacement for Trent whitfield in the system, tweener guy but because of his age 'maybe' has some NHL potential.
I wish it were true, but Bourque won't be replacing Whitfield, because believe it or not Whitfield is signed for another season in Providence.

BruinDust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:36 AM
don

Two words: to small

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:48 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
this reminds me of when Ken Hodge Jr came to Boston after being a second rounder I think from Minnesota. Hodge played great that first year scoring 30 goals before the clock struck midnight.

At worst this will be fascinating to watch. I've seen him play in the AHL and he has a lot of skill; problem is he is not big, and is a top 6 guy category guy on appearance. Since the Bruins probably will have a spot on third or fourth line (does this send a message about Paille and Pouliot returning) its up to Bourque to add a touch of feistiness. Dave Taylor was a prolific scorer before doing close to a 180. Bourque does not have to do this but I think they are going to be very open minded with him.

I know this board wants a Yankess type lineup of an allstar at every position but unless the Cap increases (and if it does they probably can keep TT and resign Kelly and not go get Nash or Iginla anyways) these are moves they need to take.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:46 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Then there`s the other side of the coin, Tie Domi`s son Max has the potential to crush any memories of his father`s NHL "legacy"
Decided to check out the "Domi Legacy" and discovered that Max Domi's roomate was Jared Knight.....small world, eh?

http://thehockeywriters.com/max-domi...the-old-block/

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Seguin Genesis

I'm sue in ten years if the Bruins don't win again, Chris will decide he's bigger than the franchise and demand to be traded to the Red Wings or Penguins because it's his God given right to win the cup.

Seguin Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:07 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
this reminds me of when Ken Hodge Jr came to Boston after being a second rounder I think from Minnesota. Hodge played great that first year scoring 30 goals before the clock struck midnight.

At worst this will be fascinating to watch. I've seen him play in the AHL and he has a lot of skill; problem is he is not big, and is a top 6 guy category guy on appearance. Since the Bruins probably will have a spot on third or fourth line (does this send a message about Paille and Pouliot returning) its up to Bourque to add a touch of feistiness. Dave Taylor was a prolific scorer before doing close to a 180. Bourque does not have to do this but I think they are going to be very open minded with him.

I know this board wants a Yankess type lineup of an allstar at every position but unless the Cap increases (and if it does they probably can keep TT and resign Kelly and not go get Nash or Iginla anyways) these are moves they need to take.
The diminutive Martin St Louis had lesser numbers in the AHL and blossomed as an NHLer at 27-28 years old. Don't know what the story is with Bourque,outside his size,sometimes these players need to be put in a position to succeed. Is this Keith Aucoin part 2?

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Doesn't say a thing. Bourque is a career minor leaguer, at best, a AAAA player. This is a "get something for Hamill rather than just let him walk for nothing" trade that helps shore up the P-Bruins.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote