Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Acquire Chris Bourque's Rights for Zach Hamill

Old
05-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

vCash: 500
Q:What do Matt Reed,Colin Greening and Nick Johnson have in common?

A:players who are Bourque's age and were rookies this past season.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:38 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I don't get all the excitement over Jared Knight. I expect him to be a good foot solider and all but I sincerely doubt he makes the Boston Bruins in the fall, he never did dominate in junior.
Poor logic with all due respect, there have/has been many kids who don`t dominate Junior who have gone onto excellent and productive NHL careers. Not sure anyone here has ever stated that the kid will be a perennial All-Star who is going to be a consistently potent scoring talent.

Are you basing your opinon on his play at the Memorial Cup???? Well reported a high ankle injury which would have most players sidelined is what he`s now played through for quite some time and forcing him out of the lineup at one point in an elimination game in the OHL

The consensus here seems to be, and from many who are far more insiders than the majority here are, the kid is an absolute workhorse, plays the game right, has great speed, is physical, coachable and is the kind of player that will, shift in and out, do whatever it takes to win or what is best for the team and "usually" that`s a pretty strong recipe for making an NHL team.

Will it be this season??? Who knows, I suppose it is dependant on the moves that Chia does before the season begins.

Nobody here has this kid`s Name and Number in the rafters yet from anything I have read, and from all accounts, there seems to be more than a few GM`s whom, when speaking with Chia, have asked about his availability, so, tis not like the kid has gone unnoticed, a character guy, and I believe we`ll be very happy Bruin fans when he`s ready to wear the spoked B, when that is????

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:03 PM
McKuato

If that's him with a high ankle sprain I can't wait to see how is healthy.

McKuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Poor logic with all due respect, there have/has been many kids who don`t dominate Junior who have gone onto excellent and productive NHL careers. Not sure anyone here has ever stated that the kid will be a perennial All-Star who is going to be a consistently potent scoring talent.

Are you basing your opinon on his play at the Memorial Cup???? Well reported a high ankle injury which would have most players sidelined is what he`s now played through for quite some time and forcing him out of the lineup at one point in an elimination game in the OHL

The consensus here seems to be, and from many who are far more insiders than the majority here are, the kid is an absolute workhorse, plays the game right, has great speed, is physical, coachable and is the kind of player that will, shift in and out, do whatever it takes to win or what is best for the team and "usually" that`s a pretty strong recipe for making an NHL team.

Will it be this season??? Who knows, I suppose it is dependant on the moves that Chia does before the season begins.

Nobody here has this kid`s Name and Number in the rafters yet from anything I have read, and from all accounts, there seems to be more than a few GM`s whom, when speaking with Chia, have asked about his availability, so, tis not like the kid has gone unnoticed, a character guy, and I believe we`ll be very happy Bruin fans when he`s ready to wear the spoked B, when that is????
I just feel there is an unusual amount of buzz on this board about a guy who projects to be a 3rd liner and not that for a couple of seasons. There is more buzz about Knight than Spooner or Koko I find and I'm not sure why. If he has this NHL ready body then why doesn't he dominate in junior. There are people talking about him making the team next year and I would definately bet against that. Don't get me wrong, I think he will make it to the NHL, but I think people are expecting too much from him.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
I just feel there is an unusual amount of buzz on this board about a guy who projects to be a 3rd liner and not that for a couple of seasons. There is more buzz about Knight than Spooner or Koko I find and I'm not sure why. If he has this NHL ready body then why doesn't he dominate in junior. There are people talking about him making the team next year and I would definately bet against that. Don't get me wrong, I think he will make it to the NHL, but I think people are expecting too much from him.
I've read scouts saying he has anywhere from consistent 25 goal to up to 40 goal potential. Seems like a pretty good reason for people here to be intrigued.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Q:What do Matt Reed,Colin Greening and Nick Johnson have in common?

A:players who are Bourque's age and were rookies this past season.
They all also played in the NHL Rookies game this past year.

Also, one thing they don't have in common with Chris Bourque...college degrees to fall back on (two of which being Ivy League degrees). Non-sequitur, I know, but worth mentioning.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:05 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I`ll say that the Knight buzz has picked up the longer he and the London Knights stayed in the playoffs in the OHL, then played Hamilton and his mates in the Finals, then onto the Memorial Cup, and......I`d also wager that the majority of fans here (and I fall into this category) hadn`t watched Knight more than 1 or 2 times previous to the Knights games being televised on Sportsnet here in Canada and the Mem Cup.

I still haven`t heard any fan speak about the kid like he`s the second coming of anyone, what I have heard, is big time excitement surrounding a kid who, from EVERY account from those in hockey circles legit credentials who say that he`s just a player that every team would love to have. 110% effort shift in and out, plays the game right, has great speed, great shot, nice hands, and will dive in front of a shot down 5-0 or up 5-0.

If he progresses and dawns a Spoked B soon, I have a gut feeling he`ll be one of those "fan favourites" in no time, Boston, like most cities fan bases, has a soft spot for players who give everything they have and leave it all on the ice/field/court, and Knight seems to be that way. Plenty of rumbling here about lack of effort/willingness against the Caps, seems like Mr. Knight doesn`t have an element to him to do anything but go full out every shift. The kid shouldn`t even have been playing probably the last month, if not longer.

Just because one has an NHL ready "body", it doesn`t mean he should be dominating in Junior, I have followed Dom`s (OOG) tracking of Knight, and when healthy, more often than not, Dom shared about the consistency of which Knight played, the kid contributes in many ways other than what is visible on a stat sheet. I never view a kid`s Junior career as a barometer for what success if any he`ll have at an NHL level.

Seguin was a pretty dominant Junior, hardly a world beater 1st NHL season, I think when many refer to Knight, they refer to his game`s maturity, his body is about at it`s peak weight too

Last edited by ODAAT: 05-30-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
They all also played in the NHL Rookies game this past year.

Also, one thing they don't have in common with Chris Bourque...college degrees to fall back on (two of which being Ivy League degrees). Non-sequitur, I know, but worth mentioning.
HAHA, good pt, many forget that it is referred to as STUDENT Athlete

Old
05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Bruins78

Quote:
Chris Kreider was barely a pt per game player at BC this past year despite having a near perfect build and being a world class skater. His intangibles are off the charts and part of his projection was always that he had a very high floor and would be a useful NHL player whether scoring 15-20 or 25-30 goals.

Bruins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins78 View Post
Chris Kreider was barely a pt per game player at BC this past year despite having a near perfect build and being a world class skater. His intangibles are off the charts and part of his projection was always that he had a very high floor and would be a useful NHL player whether scoring 15-20 or 25-30 goals.
Another good example, good pt

So many young players who have come out of Junior/NCAA/Europe have had to adapt or adopt a different role in the NHL. Look at our own Paille, 1st round draft pick of the Sabres, a very solid Junior scorer who just couldn`t translate that offensive game to the NHL game, literally had to re-invent himself as an exceptionally strong defensive minded forward who uses his speed and strong positioning to cause havoc on others.

Pretty sure Danny boy never saw himself as a solid PK in the NHL on draft day

Old
05-30-2012, 08:32 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

So many young players who have come out of Junior/NCAA/Europe have had to adapt or adopt a different role in the NHL. Look at our own Paille, 1st round draft pick of the Sabres, a very solid Junior scorer who just couldn`t translate that offensive game to the NHL game, literally had to re-invent himself as an exceptionally strong defensive minded forward who uses his speed and strong positioning to cause havoc on others.

Wes Walz

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:

Probably not. It takes a special player to re-invent themselves.

Another late bloomer, Shawn Thornton. Toiled away in the AHL and once he got an opportunity, he seized it. He's worked very hard to get to where he is today. IMO, he's the one who redefined the "enforcer" role as we know it today not only in Boston but league wide.

He may not be some prolific goal scorer but if my 4th line RW/Enforcer can give me 5+ goals and double digit points every season everything else is icing on the cake.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:59 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Probably not. It takes a special player to re-invent themselves.

Another late bloomer, Shawn Thornton. Toiled away in the AHL and once he got an opportunity, he seized it. He's worked very hard to get to where he is today. IMO, he's the one who redefined the "enforcer" role as we know it today not only in Boston but league wide.

He may not be some prolific goal scorer but if my 4th line RW/Enforcer can give me 5+ goals and double digit points every season everything else is icing on the cake.
You won't receive any argument from me on any of your opinions here Aly.

Now, Tom Petty and his entourage have arrived in Halifax, heading downtown to stalk err......take pics, word is their tour bus is pretty funky, little chance Mr. Petty will be anywhere but we have great seats for tomorrow's show.....picture time!!

Old
06-13-2012, 12:16 PM
vjcsmoke

Bourque signed for 2 years.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._paille_c.html

Both Campbell and Paille were resigned though, so I think it's gonna be very hard for Bourque to crack the roster.

vjcsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:00 PM
zuklander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Why not?

He did score 5 short handed goals last season. maybe the Bruins feel he can replace a guy like Paille?

the way i see it, no way Hamill was ever going to play for the B's again....Bourque will get a chance, maybe he can run with it.
Marty St. Louis was 26 when he got his first break to play top line in tampa......so if he actually has heart who knows....

zuklander is offline   Reply With Quote