HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz Part 2 (Update: Will not be a Duck according to Murray)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Psycho Dad

vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I for one think that the whole tampering BS is Anaheim trying to boost the trade value of his rights to recoup something out of the ordeal.
Pretty sure the whole tampering issue has torpedoed any value his trade rights might have had.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Fuhryous

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
So yeah, the Oilers can't potentially sign him as a UFA until after the draft. Outside of the speculation about Shultz already deciding which team he is going to, which impedes any chance of any trade for his rights(as Usual_Suspect just posted). You'd have to ignore the fact that Tambinelli is probably the least pro-active GM in the NHL to entertain the idea that the Oilers would give up assets for a soon-to-be UFA. The Oilers simply aren't run by a Paul Holmgren type GM, exceptionally small chance it would ever happen.
I agree with everything you said here, Tambellini's "evaluating the team" comments over and over last season showed just how much of an over-thinker he is. He probably has a hard time with the easy decisions in life, like deciding if he wants milk or juice with his breakfast in the morning and evaluates the pros and cons of each. Then he decides on coffee or nothing at all.

I was just hoping the Mackenzie speculation was kind of a nudge/hint to Tambellini to try and negotiate a deal for his rights before he becomes a UFA, which I think has about a 2% chance of happening (becoming a UFA July 1 that is).

Old
05-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermullet View Post
Pretty sure the whole tampering issue has torpedoed any value his trade rights might have had.
The way that I look at it is that if a team could be implicated in tampering and instead they traded some decent value for his rights Anaheim might back away from the accusations. If it did ruin his rights trade value like you believe and they can't prove tampering they've basically pissed away a very good asset and come out of this with egg on their face.

05-27-2012, 09:35 PM
Usual_Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
The way that I look at it is that if a team could be implicated in tampering and instead they traded some decent value for his rights Anaheim might back away from the accusations. If it did ruin his rights trade value like you believe and they can't prove tampering they've basically pissed away a very good asset and come out of this with egg on their face.
It sounds more like damage control than a negotiating ploy to me.

Old
05-27-2012, 09:40 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Can someone tell me where this tampering talk is coming from? I've been away from the convo for a while. Thanks

Old
05-27-2012, 09:46 PM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Can someone tell me where this tampering talk is coming from? I've been away from the convo for a while. Thanks
http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012...pering-charges

Old
05-27-2012, 09:55 PM
YoSoGordo

Damn toronto really doesnt like first round draft picks, they trade away two for kessel and pick with one last draft and now might lose their one this draft.

Old
05-27-2012, 09:56 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Thanks

Old
05-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Eytinge

Thanks for that link. Sucks that Russo says Justin has his team already chosen. Russo is pretty connected so I don't see much reason to doubt him.

Old
05-28-2012, 03:28 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Do you have anything left to bet with?

http://www.recovery-world.com/Gamble...-Meetings.html
Lol... thanks for that. I bookmarked that site so I can stay clean and sober in six months when all my losing bets end.

For all the whinging you do about Lowe and Tambo... you have more faith in them with this #1 pick than I do... I think they'll screw it up royally somehow and trade the pick (although keeping it and picking Murray with it would be an even more monumental **** up).

Old
05-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

If he signs with the Leafs he will really regret it in a couple of years book it.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Hoogaar23

Bah - I got excited about the possibility because of all the speculation here, but now reading all that stuff about he and Gardiner being best buds, Burke drafting them both and trying to acquire him, and this Russo guy "guessing" Toronto, I'm all of a sudden not very optimistic at all about our chances of landing him. That's too bad.

What if we talk to him on June 22nd and he says he wants to play with Gardiner and would love to do it in Edmonton. Would you then do TOR 1st + Gardiner for 1st overall?

So maybe:

Galchenyuk, Gardiner, J Schultz

for

Yakupov

Old
05-28-2012, 09:32 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
Bah - I got excited about the possibility because of all the speculation here, but now reading all that stuff about he and Gardiner being best buds, Burke drafting them both and trying to acquire him, and this Russo guy "guessing" Toronto, I'm all of a sudden not very optimistic at all about our chances of landing him. That's too bad.

What if we talk to him on June 22nd and he says he wants to play with Gardiner and would love to do it in Edmonton. Would you then do TOR 1st + Gardiner for 1st overall?

So maybe:

for

Yakupov
Good deal for the Oilers. Burke would be fired on the spot.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:

So maybe:

for

Yakupov
You wish we would be offered that.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:17 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Bucky's 5th quarter? Is this even legit?

Anyway, good luck proving anything.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I am the Liquor
Nelson got screwed

vCash: 1271
Quote:

So maybe:

for

Yakupov
Leafs would just keep Gardiner and their pick and sign Schultz.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Hoogaar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Leafs would just keep Gardiner and their pick and sign Schultz.
Yeah probably - but that is about the only deal with the Leafs that I would want for 1st overall.

Keep in mind it would just be Gardiner + 5th for 1st, then sign J Schultz. But I suppose if Burke knows he can get J Schultz, then he would just keep his pick.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:17 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

You know Burke is going to be super aggressive this summer at waking/shaking/quaking up his team so they don't have to do yet another 2 page apology centrefold newspaper spread next April again.

I expect him to make some aggressive moves and wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nash traded for, Galchenyuk drafted, Schultz signed, and a good goalie added to their roster this summer.

The bold moves we'd like to see Tambo do Burke WILL likely do.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:27 PM
hockeyaddict101

How do we know it's Burke? The article did not mention Toronto or any team.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
How do we know it's Burke? The article did not mention Toronto or any team.
I think they're speculating that it could be Toronto considering Burke's previous history with the Ducks and Gardiner/Shultz.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Since when has Russo ever been connected with anything outside of Minnesota? I won't believe it until I see it, and his prediction of Toronto is based on his best friend playing there. Schultz has a lot more to decide than just playing with his buddy. He needs to think about where he's going to be living, and spending his life. Based on everything we've seen out of him, and insiders I can't see it not being Vancouver or Edmonton.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:39 PM
ohheyhemsky

Schultz goes to Toronto. Book it.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Booya42
Have a McDavid day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
Schultz goes to Toronto. Book it.
Doubt it...

Old
05-28-2012, 02:53 PM
ohheyhemsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Doubt it...
I'll never underestimate Burke's ability to obtain something he desires, even if it's not beneficial to his organization.

Old
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
I'll never underestimate Burke's ability to obtain something he desires, even if it's not beneficial to his organization.
If Schultz wants to actually play in the NHL, sooner rather then later, Toronto is a terrible choice, unless they're going to get rid of a bunch of guys to create a spot for him.

Closed Thread