HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Future Top 6 Center (Prospect?) to Dallas

Old
05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I don't really know much about him, would it be too much to ask for a bit of a rundown of him as a player and his potential?

Hishon is good, but his size is something that might turn GMJN away, and he seems like quite a long shot, as well. I wouldn't pay full price for him, and I doubt you'd accept anything else, so I think you're better off seeing how he does at wing. Like the idea, though. I'm assuming Duchene and O'Reilly would cost more than we're willing to pay up?

I'll do the 2nd one pretty easily, but management is looking to get younger without getting worse. I could see us taking Lombardi or Armstrong back to make the cap work as well as go along with what management wants, and I think you guys would be happy to get rid of a piece of LACK.

No thanks to the first one though, unless Colborne can step in immediately.
If Hishon can stay healthy, he'll definitly be an NHL guy, theres no questioning his talent, just his health. But yea, I doubt we trade him now when his value is at an all time low, maybe after a full healthy season if managment decides we need actual Wing prospects instead of C/W.

As for Duchene and Oreilly, yea it would have to include one of Loui or Benn for Duchene, and I dont even think we would move Oreilly for that. We would probably add something small to Duchene for Loui or Benn, but it'd be pointless to discuss, as neither side would actually move there respective players.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:39 PM
LohPilot

Quote:
So Dallas is extremely thin at center in their prospect pool. No one that projects to be a future top 6 center.

There's a very strong chance that we'll snag one of Faksa, Girgensons, or Gaunce this year at the draft (more than likely Girgensons), but I was wondering what it'd cost to add another young center who could fill the hole Ribeiro will leave open in the next couple years.

They don't have to be top end guys like Schenn or Huberdeau (it'd be awesome, though), but more guys like Burmistrov or Wilson. The only real requirement is that they've got top 6 upside.

And no, we won't be interested in Gagner for the price Edmonton fans are asking.

The only three untouchable players are Benn, Eriksson, and Lehtonen. Don't try and tell me otherwise, there isn't a prospect in the league worth more than one of these guys.

There are a couple of possibilities! We can use a center and a good defenseman. It will be hard for us to get Suter, Parise, Nash or Weber.

We can look at Roy and Ehrhoff from Buffalo! That would get us a top center and a defenseman that would help. Tis would allow Benn to go back to wing. Not sure what Buffalo would want from us. They are top heavy on centers, that leaves Rib's out. I would like to trade Rib's as well! Another possibility is Bolland from Chicago. Age 25, 19G-18A! Would really help! Would really like to get Simen; 21G-33A.

Your thoughts!

LohPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LohPilot View Post
There are a couple of possibilities! We can use a center and a good defenseman. It will be hard for us to get Suter, Parise, Nash or Weber.

We can look at Roy and Ehrhoff from Buffalo! That would get us a top center and a defenseman that would help. Tis would allow Benn to go back to wing. Not sure what Buffalo would want from us. They are top heavy on centers, that leaves Rib's out. I would like to trade Rib's as well! Another possibility is Bolland from Chicago. Age 25, 19G-18A! Would really help! Would really like to get Simen; 21G-33A.

Your thoughts!
We'll never see Benn on the wing unless it's on the powerplay and they need someone to win a faceoff. Other than that, I'm not interested in Ehrhoff or his contract.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:57 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LohPilot View Post

Your thoughts!
Semin is the only reasonable player on this list. Everyone else can stay.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Just wondering what the offer would be for Alex Khoklachev. Really have no interest in trading him, but he looked great at the WJC, and had a great year, 69 points in 56 games. Had a tough injury, (lacerated kidney O_o,) but it won't affect him. Only affected his point total as he sat out the last couple of games. I think he'll live up to be a Krejci-ish center, #1B or a great 2nd line center. Just want to know what you think, as he certainly isn't untouchable.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:44 PM
PHIFLY28

Loktionov
for
?????
what would it be!

PHIFLY28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
I don't really know much about him, would it be too much to ask for a bit of a rundown of him as a player and his potential?
Here's a more elaborate description than I could ever come up with although it is a bit outdated:

http://www.firstroundbust.com/2011/0...-phillips.html

Here's his regular season stats from the last 3 years:

Regular season Playoffs
Season Team League GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2009–10 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 65 16 28 44 31 21 2 4 6 4
2010–11 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 67 38 57 95 16 17 9 15 24 8
2011-12 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 60 30 50 80 32 4 2 10 12 2

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIFLY28 View Post
Loktionov
for
?????
what would it be!
Glennie?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:39 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Just wondering what the offer would be for Alex Khoklachev. Really have no interest in trading him, but he looked great at the WJC, and had a great year, 69 points in 56 games. Had a tough injury, (lacerated kidney O_o,) but it won't affect him. Only affected his point total as he sat out the last couple of games. I think he'll live up to be a Krejci-ish center, #1B or a great 2nd line center. Just want to know what you think, as he certainly isn't untouchable.
I'd be very interested, depends on what you want, though.

And how the hell do you lacerate your kidney...?

Old
05-27-2012, 10:45 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIFLY28 View Post
Loktionov
for
?????
what would it be!
It'd be nice to see lokti get a decent shot in a top 6 role, which seems unlikely with him being behind Kopitar, Richards, Carter and possibly Stoll in the pecking order. I'd probably rather he got traded out east though, for a decent pick or LW prospect with upside. Otherwise someone like Glennie would be of interest.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:05 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
We'll never see Benn on the wing unless it's on the powerplay and they need someone to win a faceoff. Other than that, I'm not interested in Ehrhoff or his contract.
I really dont get why people dont like the ehrhoff conract, I would think it would be one of the most attractive in the nhl, low cap hit and hes only owed 27 million over the next nine uears since it was front loaded. Regardless buffalo wont move him, Roy would be available

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:59 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
It'd be nice to see lokti get a decent shot in a top 6 role, which seems unlikely with him being behind Kopitar, Richards, Carter and possibly Stoll in the pecking order. I'd probably rather he got traded out east though, for a decent pick or LW prospect with upside. Otherwise someone like Glennie would be of interest.
With realignment in the next 2-3 years (I'm confident it'll happen), that shouldn't be much of a worry.

I'd do Glennie for Loktionov straight up.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:02 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
With realignment in the next 2-3 years (I'm confident it'll happen), that shouldn't be much of a worry.

I'd do Glennie for Loktionov straight up.
As a Kings fan Id be happy with this

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:44 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:

I'll do the 2nd one pretty easily, but management is looking to get younger without getting worse. I could see us taking Lombardi or Armstrong back to make the cap work as well as go along with what management wants, and I think you guys would be happy to get rid of a piece of LACK.

No thanks to the first one though, unless Colborne can step in immediately.
I'd do Colborne + Lombardi for Morrow.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:00 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I'd do Colborne + Lombardi for Morrow.
I think we came up with something similar elsewhere:

Bozak + Armstrong/Lombardi + Schenn + Colborne

for

Morrow + Ott

Or something like that, don't remember the exact proposal.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:38 AM
LohPilot

Quote:
So Dallas is extremely thin at center in their prospect pool. No one that projects to be a future top 6 center.

There's a very strong chance that we'll snag one of Faksa, Girgensons, or Gaunce this year at the draft (more than likely Girgensons), but I was wondering what it'd cost to add another young center who could fill the hole Ribeiro will leave open in the next couple years.

They don't have to be top end guys like Schenn or Huberdeau (it'd be awesome, though), but more guys like Burmistrov or Wilson. The only real requirement is that they've got top 6 upside.

And no, we won't be interested in Gagner for the price Edmonton fans are asking.

The only three untouchable players are Benn, Eriksson, and Lehtonen. Don't try and tell me otherwise, there isn't a prospect in the league worth more than one of these guys.

FROM BUFFALO!

Sabres GM Darcy Regier will be looking to make a few moves this off-season to retool his roster for the 2012-13 campaign, and one player familiar with the trade market could be on the move.
Buffalo center Derek Roy had been dangled as trade bait this season, but Regier wasn't able to come to terms on a deal before the Feb. 27 trade deadline.

The Sabres would like to upgrade their center position, and get bigger up the middle, and are expected to package Roy as part of a deal.
TFP reported this past week that the Anaheim Ducks could entertain offers for center Ryan Getzlaf, and several teams are expected to make inquiries about his availability.

It's uncertain if the Ducks would consider Roy as part of a package for Getzlaf, but it would not come as a surprise if Regier makes a few calls to Anaheim GM Bob Murray.

The Sabres also have a surplus of defenseman and could either include one in a deal with Roy, or complete a separate deal and swap one of their blueliners for some depth up front.

LohPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:36 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
If Hishon can stay healthy, he'll definitly be an NHL guy, theres no questioning his talent, just his health. But yea, I doubt we trade him now when his value is at an all time low, maybe after a full healthy season if managment decides we need actual Wing prospects instead of C/W.

As for Duchene and Oreilly, yea it would have to include one of Loui or Benn for Duchene, and I dont even think we would move Oreilly for that. We would probably add something small to Duchene for Loui or Benn, but it'd be pointless to discuss, as neither side would actually move there respective players.
We would have to add to Duchene for Loui or Benn?

LMAO..

You do know centers are more valuable than wingers right? Especially franchise potential No. 1 centers. Duchene for Benn straight is one thing and I wouldn't trade Duchene for Eriksson straight up. Potential has value especially when its somewhat proven.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:09 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
I think we came up with something similar elsewhere:

Bozak + Armstrong/Lombardi + Schenn + Colborne

for

Morrow + Ott

Or something like that, don't remember the exact proposal.
I like more the Colborne + Lombardi for Morrow deal.

I don't want to trade Schenn. Bozak can be had, but not Schenn.

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

LMAO..

You do know centers are more valuable than wingers right? Especially franchise potential No. 1 centers. Duchene for Benn straight is one thing and I wouldn't trade Duchene for Eriksson straight up. Potential has value especially when its somewhat proven.
Benn is also a center, and is likely on the verge of a Giroux-esque breakout season. Anyone who's watched him can tell you that, he's really something special.

Eriksson has been one of the most consistent wingers in the league for the past 4 years offensively, and is one of the best wingers in his own zone in the league. He's a top 10 winger in the league, and you don't trade someone like that for a "potential" #1 center.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:32 PM
DJD209

Mikael Backlund?

DJD209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

What about Patrick Nemeth for Stephane DaCosta?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Pato610

I know you said they are untouchable, but few players truly are;

would Dallas consider moving Benn or Loui for a package like Krejci, a 1st, and one of our young centers (Spooner/Knight/Koko)?

Pato610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pato610 View Post
I know you said they are untouchable, but few players truly are;

would Dallas consider moving Benn or Loui for a package like Krejci, a 1st, and one of our young centers (Spooner/Knight/Koko)?
Doubtful, unless the young center is Seguin (which I know is never happening).

Old
05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
outoftune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

LMAO..

Oh my please stop posting...... It just gets painful sometimes (this is more to benn than eriksson by the way although eriksson would get it done too just i think benn is at another level) please stop being such a homer

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:19 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
Stephane Da Costa may have missed his opportunity with Turris coming in since I don't see him having his success translate tot he wing. The Sens would be looking for defensive prospects in return.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote