Notices

Eklund: flames rumors- iggy trade,Laich(E3), jokinen

Old
05-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Flamesarmstrong22

vCash: 500
Eklund: flames rumors- iggy trade,Laich(E3), jokinen

Quote:
"The Organization is not closed to the idea at all, but at this point isn't actively seeking suitors. however, they are quite convinced, and have even been flat out told, there will be offers for Jarome at the draft."

So, ok...that was a little disappointing as far as news goes...but then he added the following, "What those I talk to say is actually happening is they are moving him. He knows it and he wants it. Iginla loves Calgary to death, he will ALWAYS be a Flame at heart, but he agrees that what is best for him and the team is to get assets and take a small step back in order to move forward."

* And there is more Flames news... I have not heard Washington as a likely destination for Iginla, but I have heard the Flames are targeting Brooks Laich in Washington and feel he is the sort of character player they can build around. One thing about losing Iginla would be the team would need to find character and a Captain...

Link: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...yers-D/1/44598
(read full article above)

Last edited by ColePens: 05-25-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Jokinen back in Phoenix.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:24 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Ek has never been right about anything Flames. Last time he got my hopes up was a couple years ago with "Spezza to Calgary (E4)" . After that, no more..

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
nogger
Crosby's fillings

OT but what is e2, e3, or e4?

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:44 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

I would love a guy like Brooks Laich. Damn you Eklund for getting me excited!

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Ek has never been right about anything Flames. Last time he got my hopes up was a couple years ago with "Spezza to Calgary (E4)" . After that, no more..
He got the Jokinen to Calgary trade right, eventually. Took two years though.
Ek also correctly reported on / predicted the Bouwmeester trade. Still, he's working on around 7% accuracy for the Flames...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
E2 - it happened during a season of NHL 12
E3 - someone else reported it as speculation
E4 - someone else reported it as a rumour

Basically they're made up scales as to how likely something is to happen. E4 is more likely than E2 for example, and E5 is a done deal.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 04:52 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
E2 is what he thinks on the can
3 is rolling a name dice onto a floor mat of teams
4 is reading fan speculation on hfboards
5 is what he reads out of tsn

He has as much legitimacy as Jbo has emotion.

Granted he throws out so many names there is bound to be a chance he randomly hits something since there are only 29 possible destinations for a given player.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Volica

If you shoot enough you're bound to hit a target at least once.

Don't go with Eklund rumours. They are just there to fuel visits to his site, so he cab have another two dozen adds everywhere and actually fey paid by people to have priorities on a ridiculous site.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
If you shoot enough you're bound to hit a target at least once.

Don't go with Eklund rumours. They are just there to fuel visits to his site, so he cab have another two dozen adds everywhere and actually fey paid by people to have priorities on a ridiculous site.
In a way it's very smart cuz people help him make money by going to his website to make fun of him or post hate.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
I wouldn't mind Laich either but as the main piece in an Iginla trade and a future building block? No thanks.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
He was right about Sutter pursuing Jokinen (Sutter admitted himself he had been targeting Jokinen for a long time), he was right about Bouwmeester being targeted and he was right about Phaneuf getting moved

furthermore, you need to pay attention to how Eklund words things. He almost never claims deals will happen, he says things like "team x is interested in player y".

And e4 means nothing other than he has heard of from more than 1 source he deems reliable, nothing about the probability of the move.

if you are going to trash a guy at least be accurate about it

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:32 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Jokinen back in Phoenix.

Yeah, I had a good laugh with that one too.

Maybe we can trade his rights straight across for Gormley? Sounds like at least an e3 to me.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 07:46 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
He was right about Sutter pursuing Jokinen (Sutter admitted himself he had been targeting Jokinen for a long time), he was right about Bouwmeester being targeted and he was right about Phaneuf getting moved

furthermore, you need to pay attention to how Eklund words things. He almost never claims deals will happen, he says things like "team x is interested in player y".

And e4 means nothing other than he has heard of from more than 1 source he deems reliable, nothing about the probability of the move.

if you are going to trash a guy at least be accurate about it
Ok so he was right about a few things years ago that most people were also right about (Jokinen and Bo), Phanuef, I give credit for. But whens the last time he was?? How much ******** has he spewed about the Flames in the past few years. Sorry I really dont feel the need to justify why I dont pay attention to the guy. And I really dont have to pay no mind to what you think. You can hang on his words and bull "sources" all you want.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Ok so he was right about a few things years ago that most people were also right about (Jokinen and Bo), Phanuef, I give credit for. But whens the last time he was?? How much ******** has he spewed about the Flames in the past few years. Sorry I really dont feel the need to justify why I dont pay attention to the guy. And I really dont have to pay no mind to what you think. You can hang on his words and bull "sources" all you want.
I don't hang on anything he says, I don't read his site, nor do I care what he says. But it gets annoying that people don't understand what a rumor or "talking to" means

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:36 PM
MarkGio

Somethings Ecklund says makes me wonder if he's ever watched hockey. Like his latest here. Why would Iginla be moved to the caps for Laich? He also claimed earlier this year that Iggy would be traded for Semin. Why would we trade our franchise player for a pending F.A or a 2/3 liner character guy who is already seasoned. We would trade Iginla for a prospect almost guaranteed to be in the NHL, and projected to be an impact player. And that's just to start the conversation...

And Ecklund doesn't get things at random, as they're usually things that make sense and surprised no one. It's like all of the Kaberle rumours last year. He must of rumoured 10 different teams to be interested last year because 10 teams could've used a puck moving D, the teams were in the playoff mix, and Kaberle was openly talked about being traded by Burke. It's not like he was rumouring the blue jackets as giving up their 1st because that wouldn't make sense. Anybody who watches enough hockey can do what he does without legit sources and be just as accurate.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:41 PM
tfong

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm

There you go.

Old
05-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

This could obviously be true, but it could also be total speculation. We won't know for sure until the playoffs are over.

He also didn't report he would be traded to the Caps, he said if Iggy goes that the Flames would have interest in adding Laich and even then that doesn't mean the Caps have interest in moving him. D. Sutter was interested in Callahan and Dubinsky and that didn't result in them coming here. As usual it is probably just speculation, but he could actually be reporting talks. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Iggy were to be moved depending on where we go from here.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 08:57 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I love it. There was a good article from a former Flames' hockeybuzz writer about how anybody can be a hockey insider; poking jabs at Ecklund. I can't remember who wrote it however.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 09:30 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Not a real source I put no faith in it.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Bond

According to my sources within the Chicago Blackhawks organization, the Calgary Flames are willing to part with C Oli Jokinen, RW Jarome Iginla to obtain the services of C Jonathan Toews. Remember, you heard it here first!

From that rumour generator. Would one hundred percent do it

According to my sources within the Columbus Blue Jackets organization, the Colorado Avalanche are willing to part with C Matt Duchene, a 2nd round pick and C Paul Stastny to obtain the services of LW Rick Nash. Remember, you heard it here first!

And that one is a pretty good one too

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
In a way it's very smart cuz people help him make money by going to his website to make fun of him or post hate.
No kidding.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the payment options and all the adds going on there. You read the forum and it's literally people ripping on his rumours, and then having stupid conversations with an overall lack of hockey sense in any of them.

The guy has made a successful site based off of have people bash him.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:01 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I wouldn't mind Laich either but as the main piece in an Iginla trade and a future building block? No thanks.
Actually I think he straight up said that Washington wasn't a suitor for Iginla, but Calgary is interested in Laich.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Actually I think he straight up said that Washington wasn't a suitor for Iginla, but Calgary is interested in Laich.
Ah, I see it now. In that case, Laich would be intriguing but in the end, not worth the cost. He's essentially a second line to third liner kind of player but the Capitals would probably ask for Giordano in straight swap, which isn't possible for the Flames given their weak defensive depth. If Iginla's moved, I'd rather just see Giordano or Cammalleri take the C.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:16 AM
tfong

For the sake of discussion, where would we put Laich? His salary is also 4.5m and he is a 2nd line center, something we have an abundance of.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Flames1217

I could see something like

To Washington:
Iginla

To Calgary:
Semin's rights
Liach
Colorado's first (11th overall)