HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schultz talk pt. 2

Old
06-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

vCash: 500
Lol'd at due diligence guy. Repeating that term and linking us to your own previous post does not count as a legitimate source of showing us how Murray solely botched this one. Hopefully the details come out of this sometime soon. Until then, Schultz looks like quite the *****.

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
crazyforhockey

from the people that know the family ... I hear they are all pretty humble

talking with his dad....we didnt really talk about why...... but i got there was something there/happened.....

sounds they were pressuring him to leave school the year before(dont know if thats a factor)

^afterthought that sounds contradicting^

I did state that Anh could have offered a contract earlier to leave school and sign.

and his dad agreed heartiely... so we will see what actually happened

sometimes it comes down to be so close to something(FA) that players decide to wait and see what can happen....which may be what happened too.....going to sign with team and players/team get so slose to point of no return.....that they wait till FA

crazyforhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

The offering the contract sooner doesn't hold much water to me. Not after listening to Schultz go on and on about how important his education was

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 04:37 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ryan Getzlaf: "I've never seen him play or anything but I hear he's pretty good. He better be really good because a lot of players, not just on this team, don't like the way he's handling this situation. We want guys who want to be here and be a part of our team. No one wants to deal with that sh... uh stuff in the locker room."
Anaheim Ducks discuss Schultz

paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

For everyone who thinks "playing time" is a big selling point for Edm and Toronto...

Quote:
Bruce Boudreau: "I don't know what the heck happened there. We were in Chicago and we still weren't playing great and I talked to the kid straight up and said we could use you right now on the big club. We won't send you to the Crunch, as soon as you're through with Wisconsin we'll get you down there on the ice. The kid looked me right in the eye and said I can't wait coach, it's what I've always wanted. We also told him since we were playing him now it would move him one year closer to making millions of dollars. The kid seemed really excited and it seemed like a done deal when all of a sudden something dramatically changed. Someone got to the kid, it seems. I don't know exactly what happened but there's something fishy in Denmark." (sic)
I expect tampering charges. The only team I have a hard time believing would do this to the Ducks is Burke and the Leafs.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:34 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
For everyone who thinks "playing time" is a big selling point for Edm and Toronto...

I expect tampering charges. The only team I have a hard time believing would do this to the Ducks is Burke and the Leafs.
There is a big difference between playing top-4 minutes, and being a #6 defenseman.

I'm pretty sure his agent convinced him to play elsewhere. Remember, Newport Sports also represents Bobby Ryan, and he went around his agent to sign with the Ducks. There still might be hard feelings between both parties. His agent probably told him he will play behind Fowler, Beauchemin, Sbisa, and Visnovsky in Anaheim, where as he can play top-4 minutes immediately in Edmonton. His agent also likely thinks (and rightfully so) this will lead to better statistics, and therefore a bigger contact when his ELC expires. But at the end of the day it's on Justin.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:38 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
There is a big difference between playing top-4 minutes, and being a #6 defenseman.

I'm pretty sure his agent convinced him to play elsewhere. Remember, Newport Sports also represents Bobby Ryan, and he went around his agent to sign with the Ducks. There still might be hard feelings between both parties. His agent probably told him he will play behind Fowler, Beauchemin, Sbisa, and Visnovsky in Anaheim, where as he can play top-4 minutes immediately in Edmonton. His agent also likely thinks (and rightfully so) this will lead to better statistics, and therefore a bigger contact when his ELC expires. But at the end of the day it's on Justin.
I'm sorry but any team that will GUARANTEE a top 4 spot to a guy who has never stepped foot on an NHL ice is insane.

I see your point and I agree completely that his agent is the reason this is going on. He tried to **** the Ducks with Bobby and he is doing it again.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
paine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm sorry but any team that will GUARANTEE a top 4 spot to a guy who has never stepped foot on an NHL ice is insane.

I see your point and I agree completely that his agent is the reason this is going on. He tried to **** the Ducks with Bobby and he is doing it again.
Edmonton isn't guaranteeing him a top-4 spot, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where competition exist (Anaheim), and where competition is lacking (Edmonton).

Arnott is simply looking out for his client. But Justin could have still chosen to sign with Anaheim.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:54 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:

Maybe not guarantee... but say "You would easily be one of our top 4 guys, so the spot is yours to lose"

Edmonton could really use a good PMD in the top 4. The Smid/Petry pairing is fine, and a schultz/schultz pairing has solid potential too

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post

This is what I'm starting to believe, and if it is the case...good ****ing riddance. If he wants his minutes gift wrapped he can get the hell out of Anaheim.

Those quotes confirm to me that the kid's character is most definitely lacking, especially the Bodreau one.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

There's a ton of pages here, so could someone possibly do a quick summary of what's going on here? Does Schultz have a few favorites out there he would go to? Is there a front runner already? Stuff like that.

Kronwalled55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 07:27 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 View Post
There's a ton of pages here, so could someone possibly do a quick summary of what's going on here? Does Schultz have a few favorites out there he would go to? Is there a front runner already? Stuff like that.
Plus 1.

06-10-2012, 07:35 PM
silvercanuck

According to Bob Murray he will not sign with the Ducks and wants to talk to the other NHL teams before he signs a deal.

According to a few people that seem to know Schultz or his family hes going to sit down and make a list of 5 or 6 teams and talk to them before making a decision.

According to a few Oilers fans whose source seems to be a former GM with no connection to Schultz hes already made up his mind to sign with Edmonton.

According to Leaf fans Toronto is a lock to sign him because Gardiner plays there and because all college free agents want to play in Toronto.

silvercanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 07:49 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

The five or six teams IMO:
VAN
EDM
TOR
NYR
DET
CGY

06-10-2012, 09:31 PM
SunshineRays

Interesting read, some info about Schultz and the Ducks:
http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/6...etzlaf-selanne

SunshineRays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Nobody just thinks he could have changed his mind? There could be a million reasons why, but I know it would be hard to believe for those who think anyone would love to live/play in California.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:05 PM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post
According to Bob Murray he will not sign with the Ducks and wants to talk to the other NHL teams before he signs a deal.

According to a few people that seem to know Schultz or his family hes going to sit down and make a list of 5 or 6 teams and talk to them before making a decision.

According to a few Oilers fans whose source seems to be a former GM with no connection to Schultz hes already made up his mind to sign with Edmonton.

According to Leaf fans Toronto is a lock to sign him because Gardiner plays there and because all college free agents want to play in Toronto.
Thanks.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:10 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
Nobody just thinks he could have changed his mind? There could be a million reasons why, but I know it would be hard to believe for those who think anyone would love to live/play in California.
Don't make promises you can't keep.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Don't make promises you can't keep.
Doesn't really have anything to do with my question, but an opinion on the situation nonetheless, I suppose.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Doesn't really have anything to do with my question, but an opinion on the situation nonetheless, I suppose.
Considering they refuse to speak with Anaheim and tell them why he doesn't want to sign, or how he went from gung ho about joining them late to refusing to sign in three months, it doesn't look particularly good for him.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:30 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Yes it does. He said he wanted to play for the Ducks. Not a binding agreement by any means but certainly one you would expect the average person to uphold, if for no other reason because they want to uphold their word.

This changing his mind excuse is complete ********. I forget where it was, but there was a great post about this whole "changing his mind" thing earlier in the thread. I'll look for it real quick.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Considering they refuse to speak with Anaheim and tell them why he doesn't want to sign, or how he went from gung ho about joining them late to refusing to sign in three months, it doesn't look particularly good for him.
As an outsider, it looks just fine on him. People can go from one extreme to the other. It's not exactly a rare occurance in life.

It could be any number of things. Maybe he heard from a player who didn't have a good experience in Anaheim. Or with Boudreau. Or with another player. Or anything else on the face of the Earth.

What's ridiculous are the posts calling him a liar without a shred of knowledge about the situation.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:36 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Bump this ****
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
NFITO,

I never said I think he's lying. I get the impression that you think it's ok for him to not inform the ducks if he's changed his mind, which IMO is wrong, and if he told them he plans to play for them and never tells them otherwise, then I believe that is a lie.

I'd like your opinion on something because I believe this comparison is a good one:

A senior is interning at a business. He's been there for the past 2 years. 7 months before classes end, he is offered a salary position with the company when he finishes school. The student tells the company he will accept the offer and start right away. About two months before graduation the student receives an offer that has better pay, better hours, and is closer to home. He knows he's given his word to his current company but he knows that this is just a much better situation and he needs to take it so he accepts that offer and will start when school finishes. The student knows that his current company has already started planning for his upcoming position and has even made personell moves that are reactionary to his new employment.

My question to you is: does he owe the company the responsibility of at least telling his current internship that he changed his mind about his upcoming position with them to pursue a better job? Or is it fair to just not show up when his new job starts?

I for one believe the student (Schultz) owes the company at least his honesty, and IMO the right thing to do is tell them immediately because they are going to have to make adjustments for his "change of heart". Yes, they are probably going to be upset about him changing his mind, and it's not a conversation someone wants to have, but can you honestly say that it's ok to just not show up one day? Isn't changing your mind bad enough? It may not be for the student personally, but wouldn't it be the right thing to do in at least giving them warning?

I dont know. If you think it's ok that's your opinion, but I am perplexed on how someone could think like that. I believe that Schultz should do what he wants because his first contract will affect him personally in a large way, however I don't think your employer, or in this case, drafting team, should be completely ignored or disrespected. I believe he needs to be upfront with the team at least. Ignoring the situation is like spitting in their face IMO.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:37 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

If he changed his mind and never let the ducks know, it still count as a lie and deceiving the team in the end.

ShadowDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercanuck View Post

I do not recall any Oilers fan that said he was going to for sure sign in Edmonton. Just the rumor is that he is seriously is considering signing with the Oilers!

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote