Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Moncton Wildcats

Old
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
I don't understand why you put racine as no.3 in moncton D, I saw moncton and shawinigan play and Racine is your no 2 for sure..... and we one of top 5 shutdown n the league. Moncton are messing a QB someone like gagné, narbonne, brisbois, carrier
Cause you spread your D and dont break chemistry. Melindy and Downe played from January on last season and compliment one another. They know where each other are and communicate well.. I agree that a offensive dman who can QB the PP would be an important acquisition. Not worried though , we still have the summer and training camp to make a trade. We have assets and a surplus of d . Plus Shea would draw intrest as well..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Penguins23
Le Magnifique

Quote:
I don't understand why you put racine as no.3 in moncton D, I saw moncton and shawinigan play and Racine is your no 2 for sure..... and we one of top 5 shutdown n the league. Moncton are messing a QB someone like gagné, narbonne, brisbois, carrier

Melindy and Downe have played A LOT of hockey together. It wouldn't be a shock to see them play together again this season. It doesn't mean Racine is inferior to both of them. Kind of like how you saw Crosby play on the 2nd and 3rd line for the Pens. It doesn't mean Staal or whoever else ahead of him was better. It's projected lines, not a depth chart.

06-27-2012, 09:53 PM
theq

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Cause you spread your D and dont break chemistry. Melindy and Downe played from January on last season and compliment one another. They know where each other are and communicate well.. I agree that a offensive dman who can QB the PP would be an important acquisition. Not worried though , we still have the summer and training camp to make a trade. We have assets and a surplus of d . Plus Shea would draw intrest as well..

But the problem, there's not a lot of QB or Offensive defence available.

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:31 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Surprising considering that it's the Q after all..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:50 AM
chsb

Quote:

I concur!

Plus the Wildcats will be looking at these in competition with Bathurst, Halifax, and a few other teams and have a limited asset base to trade from....contrary to some other teams who are stacked with them.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:59 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
I concur!

Plus the Wildcats will be looking at these in competition with Bathurst, Halifax, and a few other teams and have a limited asset base to trade from....contrary to some other teams who are stacked with them.
If both of Moncton's Euros show up, they will be miles ahead of Bathurst in every way. Offense, defense, and goaltending.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:15 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
If both of Moncton's Euros show up, they will be miles ahead of Bathurst in every way. Offense, defense, and goaltending.

if they can find a QB on the back end, and Dubeau plays well, they will be right up there!

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
if they can find a QB on the back end, and Dubeau plays well, they will be right up there!
Yes, if they find a top PPQB, and another top6 forward.... I personally would consider putting them ahead of Halifax. This year in the Maritimes Division, you have 3 teams who could possibly win it depending on what they do on the trade front. Moncton obviously needs a PPQB and another top6 forward, Halifax could use another top6 forward and possibly an upgrade on their defence, and Bathurst could use a goalie, and a #1 dman. Right now though I would rank them:
1. Halifax
2. Moncton
3. Bathurst

Old
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Yes, if they find a top PPQB, and another top6 forward.... I personally would consider putting them ahead of Halifax. This year in the Maritimes Division, you have 3 teams who could possibly win it depending on what they do on the trade front. Moncton obviously needs a PPQB and another top6 forward, Halifax could use another top6 forward and possibly an upgrade on their defence, and Bathurst could use a goalie, and a #1 dman. Right now though I would rank them:
1. Halifax
2. Moncton
3. Bathurst

i agree. IMO, halifax's depth is way better than Moncton's. And, again, IMO only, halifax has more assets to trade with during the trade period. Moncton has some depth on defense, but, no great young dman that could be traded for a proven scorer or playmaker. Moncton's 3rd and 4th line are also of limited experience. Halifax will end up having Brent Andrews on their 3rd line. That's quite a jump IMO from moncton's current 3rd line.

Flynn will find a way to make deals if they are competitive, and you know that he will get everything possible out of his players.

and IMO, they are way better at this point than bathurst.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:49 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Dillon Fournier (RNH) , Guillaume Gelinas (VAL-DOR) , Troy Vance (VIC) or Marc Biega (SHE) are certainly players that could be available. There also the free agent options , i.e Daniel Milan. Or convincing American players to report, i.e Matheson or Florentino.Having added Barbashev and Jaskin , it could be easier to attract those guys since its clearer that Moncton is making moves to contend and are among the contenders in the league. Its still early , maybe they even wait until Christmas where maybe a few teams back off and become sellers if their seasons arent going as planned. Either way , I feel confident that Flynn will adress needs and fill holes. Im comfortable that we can compete this year..

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 06-28-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 01:50 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
They have both confirmed that theyre joining Moncton next season.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:58 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I concur!

In competition with Halifax, they wont be any competition with Bathurst. They have hands down a much better team. Better offensively , defensively and proven goaltending. As far as assets, the only thing were missing if our 1st rounder next season. We still have most of our picks, Brandon Shea, Jordan Labbe, Julien Belliveau, Maxim Pitre , Centis- Jorge and I could even see us moving Jacob Sweeney (in a Jason Demers or Dillon Donelly type deal). We will also have an extra 2nd round pick from Shawinigan if Matheson dosnt report ..

Old
06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Moncton added to their free agents.

C Regan Spears 1995 from NS

Old
06-28-2012, 02:11 PM
chsb

Quote:
In competition with Halifax, they wont be any competition with Bathurst. They have hands down a much better team. Better offensively , defensively and proven goaltending. As far as assets, the only thing were missing if our 1st rounder next season. We still have most of our picks, Brandon Shea, Jordan Labbe, Julien Belliveau, Maxim Pitre , Centis- Jorge and I could even see us moving Jacob Sweeney (in a Jason Demers or Dillon Donelly type deal). We will also have an extra 2nd round pick from Shawinigan if Matheson dosnt report ..
Bathurst might end up 5-10 points ahead of Moncton when everything is said and done.

Your desillusion about Bathurst is rather striking as just about every other posters see them in the top-6....some slightly ahead of Moncton , some slightly behind.

It will make for an interesting Division for sure.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Bathurst might end up 5-10 points ahead of Moncton when everything is said and done.

Your desillusion about Bathurst is rather striking as just about every other posters see them in the top-6....some slightly ahead of Moncton , some slightly behind.

It will make for an interesting Division for sure.
I dont know how you figure Bathurst will finish ahead of Moncton when Moncton are superior in every department. Your favoritism is getting the better of you.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
chsb

Quote:
I dont know how you figure Bathurst will finish ahead of Moncton when Moncton are superior in every department. Your favoritism is getting the better of you.
And so is yours!

Old
06-28-2012, 03:49 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
And so is yours!
CHSB, you've gotta be crazy. As of right now Moncton has a much better team than Bathurst. I will break it down for you.
Bissonnette-OBrien-Hynes = Veilleux-Saulnier-Saulnier
Very close so I will give it a tie.
Zboril-Lalancette-Zdrahal< Jaskin-Barbashev-Lalonde
This isn't even close.
Salvail-Lafontaine-Stevens> Penny-Robichaud-Johnston
Bathurst's third line is better offensively, Moncton's is better defensively. Close, but will give edge to the Titan.
*Fourth line doesn't matter*
So far it's 1-1.

Houle-Godin < Downe-Melindy
This isnt close either. Monctons top pairing looks much better.
Fraser-Girard<Racine-Emond
Monctons second pair is better without a doubt.
Davis-Robert < Sweeney-McGurty
Monctons third pair has better size, and is just all around better.
Moncton is winning 4-1.
Brennan<<<<<<<<Dubeau
If i could, Id give Moncton about 5 points here, they are that much better in nets, but I will be fair and give one point.
I will give another point to Moncton for their coaching, which is much better than Bathurst's. That makes it 6-1. Not even close. And Im not a Wildcats fan either. Its just common sense to know that Moncton is better. Sure, if Bathurst adds another top 6 forward, and two legitimate top pairing defenceman, they could be close. But right now, Moncton has a much better team.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

@CHSB your like only poster here who thinks that Bathrust will finish higher then Moncton...

Old
06-28-2012, 05:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
CHSB, you've gotta be crazy. As of right now Moncton has a much better team than Bathurst. I will break it down for you.
This isn't even close.
Bathurst's third line is better offensively, Moncton's is better defensively. Close, but will give edge to the Titan.
So far it's 1-1.

Moncton is winning 4-1.
Brennan<<<<<<<<Dubeau
If i could, Id give Moncton about 5 points here, they are that much better in nets, but I will be fair and give one point.
I will give another point to Moncton for their coaching, which is much better than Bathurst's. That makes it 6-1. Not even close. And Im not a Wildcats fan either. Its just common sense to know that Moncton is better. Sure, if Bathurst adds another top 6 forward, and two legitimate top pairing defenceman, they could be close. But right now, Moncton has a much better team.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:10 AM
chsb

Quote:
This isn't even close.
So far it's 1-1.

Moncton is winning 4-1.
Brennan<<<<<<<<Dubeau
We will have to disagree on this one as you are showing a clear lack of knowledge about the Titan.
For instance Davis never played defense for us and you are omitting young Gosselin who could very well have an impact right next season.

I concur to agree to disagree as the season will show different stuff....have a good summer.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:50 AM
RJQuack

Quote:

as just about every other posters see them in the top-6....

Dude, just - just stop. When Moncton adds Barbeshev and Jaskin (to an already better roster than Bathurst) it's time to pack it in and just say see you on the ice instead of trying to debate your way to convince people that Bathurst is better. You talk about how the Titan can always buy with all their assets which are greater and more valuable than any other teams assets in the league... Yet Moncton just spent assets to get the #1 pick (euro) and still have picks and the big fish Shea. Quality over quantity.

You'll have to give to get (Lalancette, McDonald) if you want a PPQB.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:28 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post

Dude, just - just stop. When Moncton adds Barbeshev and Jaskin (to an already better roster than Bathurst) it's time to pack it in and just say see you on the ice instead of trying to debate your way to convince people that Bathurst is better. You talk about how the Titan can always buy with all their assets which are greater and more valuable than any other teams assets in the league... Yet Moncton just spent assets to get the #1 pick (euro) and still have picks and the big fish Shea. Quality over quantity.

You'll have to give to get (Lalancette, McDonald) if you want a PPQB.
Lalancette is going nowhere.
McDonald?....always a possibility as Brennan is only 18.

I did know Moncton had 2 first rounders, 2 seconds rounders next draft nor did I know they had 8 picks like the Titan on the first 5 rounds 2013....we learn every day....

You conveninetly forget that the Titan also added 2 good Euros this week....maybe not the marvelous Barbeshev, but good assets nevertheless.

But I repeat that we will have to agree to disagree as your knowledge of the Titan is slim to say the least.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:10 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
This isn't even close.
So far it's 1-1.

Moncton is winning 4-1.
Brennan<<<<<<<<Dubeau

i'm not a fan of neither Moncton, or Bathurst....but are you serious when you say that Obrien, Bisonnette and Hynes vs Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier, is very close.
I'm sorry, but someone is delusional. Not to take anything away from the Saulniers and Vielleux, but offensively, it's not even a contest. The bathurst top line will be the best 1st line in the CHL next year.

Other than that....i think your bang on with you evaluations. Bathurst has a way to go before they catch moncton.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:38 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i'm not a fan of neither Moncton, or Bathurst....but are you serious when you say that Obrien, Bisonnette and Hynes vs Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier, is very close.
I'm sorry, but someone is delusional. Not to take anything away from the Saulniers and Vielleux, but offensively, it's not even a contest. The bathurst top line will be the best 1st line in the CHL next year.

Other than that....i think your bang on with you evaluations. Bathurst has a way to go before they catch moncton.
Kitchenet's first line of:
Puempel-Faksa-Reider

Says hi....

Old
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Lalancette is going nowhere.
McDonald?....always a possibility as Brennan is only 18.

I did know Moncton had 2 first rounders, 2 seconds rounders next draft nor did I know they had 8 picks like the Titan on the first 5 rounds 2013....we learn every day....

You conveninetly forget that the Titan also added 2 good Euros this week....maybe not the marvelous Barbeshev, but good assets nevertheless.

But I repeat that we will have to agree to disagree as your knowledge of the Titan is slim to say the least.
How can you be sure Lalancette will go nowhere? LGM trades every Titan at some point in their careers.

You conveniently forget that you yourself know nothing about these euros. Knowing the Titan's history with Euro's it doesn't look good.

And I guess we will have to agree to disagree, as your knowledge of the Q besides Bathurst is slim... To say the least

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote