HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Original Six Three-Way: NYR/CHI/BOS

Closed Thread

Old
05-28-2012, 02:22 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Original Six Three-Way: NYR/CHI/BOS

Rangers get Patrick Kane and Frolik

Bruins get Stalberg, Del Zotto, and Brian Boyle

Blackhawks get Tim Thomas and Gaborik

In detail:

Rangers give up Gaborik, Del Zotto, Boyle for Kane and Frolik

Bruins give up Thomas for Del Zotto, Boyle, Stalberg

Hawks give up Kane and Frolik for Thomas and Gaborik

At first glance, Boston gets fleeced. But the way I see it, Rask is their number one for the long-term, and getting back a 21 yr old top-4 offensive defenseman, a 6'7" third line center, and a 6'3" LW who are both young and have room to improve is a very good return for a 38 year old goalie.

The Hawks don't lose any production going from Kane to Gaborik, at least not in the regular season. Gaborik and Hossa have magical chemistry. The salary difference is more than compensated by dumping Frolik's salary. He's underachieved big-time. And they also get a proven clutch number 1 goalie that they've been missing since their cup run.

The Rangers get a dynamic multi-dimensional playmaking winger for one-dimensional Gaborik. Kane is on a better contract, is younger, and is a proven playoff performer. For those upgrades, they give up DZ (who they can afford to lose with McD, Staal, Girardi as their top 3, and especially if they add Schultz or Suter and/or Sauer recovers fully) and Boston kid, Brian Boyle.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:24 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
i dont see why the blackhawks do this lol

Old
05-28-2012, 02:28 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
i dont see why the blackhawks do this lol
You may be right, but a lot of their fans think a number 1 goalie should be their top priority this offseason. There has been talk that they might even be interested in Luongo. Thats a horrible contract. I figured they'd be just as interested in Thomas who has accomplished and proven much more vs Luongo who is a head case who wilts in big games and has one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

With that said, I think Chicago will obviously try a much simpler short-term fix like going after Vokoun on a 1-2 year deal. But if he signs elsewhere and there aren't many options, this could be a consideration, however unlikely.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

why would the hawks want to give up kane?

Old
05-28-2012, 03:22 AM
BlessThisMess513

Can't imagine Chicago would want another scorer.

Old
05-28-2012, 03:39 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

aaaaaand cue all the wacky Gaborik proposals. I think my one from last summer for Dustin Brown, Brayden Schenn, and a 1st was pretty sweet! Gaborik did have a pretty good season though. Obviously his post-season was 'concerning'

Old
05-28-2012, 03:50 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

It begins...

Old
05-28-2012, 03:51 AM
LordsCup*

Why in the hell would the Hawks do this?

Old
05-28-2012, 04:12 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

This is awful.

Old
05-28-2012, 04:16 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Boston needs to add more to Chicago, IMO.

05-28-2012, 06:31 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

the only reason i could see Chicago ever taking Gaborik is to put him on a line with Hossa. otherwise... no.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:38 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
Why in the hell would the Hawks do this?
Even better question, why the hell would we do this? Gaborik, Del Zotto, and Boyle for Kane and Frolik? Is the OP joking?

Old
05-28-2012, 07:16 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Even better question, why the hell would we do this? Gaborik, Del Zotto, and Boyle for Kane and Frolik? Is the OP joking?

The OP is determined to trade both of them. Fortunately for everyone involved, these proposals (like many others we will see over the course of the off-season), will remain the domain of the HF Ranger board and have no resemblance to what will actually take place. Your responsibility as a poster is to point, stare and laugh at everyone of them.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

multi-season 40 goal scorer with the rangers alone. hit the 50 goal mark in minn and a 21 year old who hit 40 points on defense and looks capable of being a regular 50 point guy AND one of their best shutdown forwards...for a 30 goal scorer and a guy who hasn't scored more than 20 in years.

that makes sense :rollseyes: .....

not to mention thomas being past his prime and trading for him when he's a UFA in a year..

Old
05-28-2012, 08:00 AM
eco's bones

The idea the OP puts forward that 'at first glance Boston gets fleeced' is patently ridiculous. Thomas is about 35 years old. He doesn't have a lot of years left as a top goaltender. I wouldn't move Del Zotto for him one for one. No ****ing way. Even if we didn't have Lundqvist. And I'm not nearly as big a MDZ fan as some around her.

Would the Hawks move Kane? Would the Rangers even want Kane. Kane's had a lot of off ice incidents. Kane is a tremendous offensive talent but how committed a player is this guy? He's a more consistently productive version of Semin as far as I can tell. In other respects he's lackadaisical in his defensive responsibilities like Semin and pretty much a goof off on and off the ice which doesn't fit the way the Rangers under Tortorella do things. FWIW Avery was less of a distraction than Kane would promise to be and Avery was a more responsible player on the ice than Kane will ever hope to be.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

This thread is going to give bern multiples when he stumbles upon it.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:12 AM
SnowblindNYR

Am I the only one that hates trade proposals? At least 9 out of 10 of them are ridiculous.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Not that this will happen, but... Nobody would be shocked if Chicago tried to move Kane this summer, he has a chance to party himself right out of the NHL if he doesn'tget his head out of his arse. Chi is certainly growing tired of his shenanigans. That being said he is a 23yo top 10 offensive talent. Bos and Chi do not need NYR involved to work a trade.

And Gaborik has never scored 50. 3 time 40g guy, 42 career high.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
This thread is going to give bern multiples when he stumbles upon it.
He's working on a way to get Taylor Hall involved as we speak.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:21 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
without giving up Kreider

Old
05-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Awesome

Old
05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The idea the OP puts forward that 'at first glance Boston gets fleeced' is patently ridiculous. Thomas is about 35 years old. He doesn't have a lot of years left as a top goaltender. I wouldn't move Del Zotto for him one for one. No ****ing way. Even if we didn't have Lundqvist. And I'm not nearly as big a MDZ fan as some around her.

Would the Hawks move Kane? Would the Rangers even want Kane. Kane's had a lot of off ice incidents. Kane is a tremendous offensive talent but how committed a player is this guy? He's a more consistently productive version of Semin as far as I can tell. In other respects he's lackadaisical in his defensive responsibilities like Semin and pretty much a goof off on and off the ice which doesn't fit the way the Rangers under Tortorella do things. FWIW Avery was less of a distraction than Kane would promise to be and Avery was a more responsible player on the ice than Kane will ever hope to be.
Yeah. Avery responsible and Kane not.

Avery couldn't crack one of the least offensively gifted teams in the NHL, showed himself to be a petulant brat on many occasions, but somehow he is in any way worthy of being held up as more responsible than Kane.

I'd trade Gaborik or Richards for Kane in a bleeping heartbeat. I wouldn't trade Mitchell for Avery. I wouldn't trade the Rangers last pick in next year's draft for Avery. I wouldn't accept Avery as a gift. Every NHL GM feels similarly.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Personally, I don't think Kane would work here at all. Probably wouldn't mesh with Torts attitude wise.

Stylistically, he doesn't fit our system either. He is a puck possession player who needs to be surrounded with other players who can move the puck.

He isn't big and he doesn't forecheck or play the boards all that well.

Kane is young and can grow with us, plus he is more versatile than Gabs but I don't see a fit here at all.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Stephen

Why do the Bruins give up so little and get so much in return?

Old
05-28-2012, 12:03 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Personally, I don't think Kane would work here at all. Probably wouldn't mesh with Torts attitude wise.
Then screw Torts' attitude. This team needs offensive creativity, not more muckers.

Torts did a great job with a team missing finishers. Great coaches adjust to personnel. They don't shoehorn personnel into a system.

This year's team was tough as nails to play against and played great defense, but eventually ya have to score some goals. Even Lamoriello understands this. That is why he is a truly great GM.

Closed Thread