HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Around the League, Moves/Deals: Gomez done in Montreal. MDZ signed, Zajac Re-signed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
  #326
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
#cementhead

Honestly though, a 5th for Bobs? Burke gets lambasted around here, but Holmgrem often makes me wonder WTF?

Edit: my bad for believing the poster in the OP (before it was merged) ws being honest that he went for a 5th round pick.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
  #327
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 50
How is "Bob" an improvement over Reimer/Scrivens?

Young, unproven goaltender? We have two already.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:07 PM
  #328
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 50
First of all, Bob went for more than a 5th rounder.

Second of all, if Burke traded for Bob you would have been crying at how is a downgrade to what we already have and would want him fired for being so dumb for trading our draft picks for him, you would proboably say you wouldn't want Bob for free.

Some people just love to complain about not only everything he does but everything he doesn't do

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
  #329
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,582
vCash: 500
lol


Bob, Yup he was definitely the answer.


Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
  #330
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,611
vCash: 500
Carolina is now likely to use No. 8 pick, not trade as planned. Can't get J.Staal now? Then stock assets for when you can. #SNDraft

Also hey im not saying he was the answer ! Just saying he would be a good addition as I really like his style of game, although it's very visible that we need a veteran not a player like his.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  #331
416Leafer
Registered User
 
416Leafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,565
vCash: 500
I wouldnt have made that trade for Bob. He hasnt done anything more than Reimer has in the NHL. He's not an upgrade over Reimer/Scrivens really. So why give up three picks? Lindback similarly was unproven, but he also hasnt been given a chance, so I would rank Lindback ahead of Bob. Same with Bernier, ahead of Bob.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
  #332
hdtrax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
LOL at complaining over Bobrovsky. The guy is as good as Gustavsson right now (if not worse - having worse stats playing on a better team).

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
  #333
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,611
vCash: 500
#SNdraft Adam Oates interviewed again this week for #Caps coaching job. At this point in time he seems the logical choice in for that market

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
  #334
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I wouldnt have made that trade for Bob. He hasnt done anything more than Reimer has in the NHL. He's not an upgrade over Reimer/Scrivens really. So why give up three picks? Lindback similarly was unproven, but he also hasnt been given a chance, so I would rank Lindback ahead of Bob. Same with Bernier, ahead of Bob.
Yep, because Reimer, Scrivens or Gusto were the answer last year. What gives you any impression that because Reimer had 20 good games two years ago that he is any good? Stuff like this happens all the time in NHL. A player comes in net dominates then they figure him out and he ends of in swiss league. Bob is a good goaltender and has proven it (nothing great ) but given chance he probably will be really good. Bob alone was not the point. The point was Burke will wait untill every good goaltender is gone then he will trade for one or go into the season with the same damn mistake he did last his and fall flat on his face again.

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
  #335
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,762
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
Yep, because Reimer, Scrivens or Gusto were the answer last year. What gives you any impression that because Reimer had 20 good games two years ago that he is any good? Stuff like this happens all the time in NHL. A player comes in net dominates then they figure him out and he ends of in swiss league. Bob is a good goaltender and has proven it (nothing great ) but given chance he probably will be really good. Bob alone was not the point. The point was Burke will wait untill every good goaltender is gone then he will trade for one or go into the season with the same damn mistake he did last his and fall flat on his face again.
Trading for Bob would have been at best the same thing as last year. And if he did trade for Bob, I'm sure you would have been complaining about it.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
  #336
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
"Bob" from Flyers is gone to columbus for couple of late picks. Burke is waiting untill every good goaltender is gone then he will get a goaltender. Great idea Burke keep up the terrible GM job. I can't wait untill Burke arse gets fired! That would be the day. Leafs players will not fit wth Carlyle system style and you will see another 5th overall pick next year with new GM. Can't wait. Too see the disaster unfold again! I am a Leafs fan to death but this is becoming too funny and entertaining to see!! I am going to laugh when Bruke is going to get his arse fired!!
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Fire Bourke!
*Bruke

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
  #337
BudForLife
Registered User
 
BudForLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
"Bob" from Flyers is gone to columbus for couple of late picks. Burke is waiting untill every good goaltender is gone then he will get a goaltender. Great idea Burke keep up the terrible GM job. I can't wait untill Burke arse gets fired! That would be the day. Leafs players will not fit wth Carlyle system style and you will see another 5th overall pick next year with new GM. Can't wait. Too see the disaster unfold again! I am a Leafs fan to death but this is becoming too funny and entertaining to see!! I am going to laugh when Bruke is going to get his arse fired!!
You gotta be kidding me!

So, what you're saying is you would have been happy if Burke traded for Bobrovsky because he's one of the few "good" goalies left


Last edited by BudForLife: 06-22-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Good grief, better to keep the monster.
BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
  #338
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Bob career:

2010-11 Philadelphia NHL 54 28 13 8 2.59 .915

Now that is a good young goaltender.

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
  #339
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
Bob career:

2010-11 Philadelphia NHL 54 28 13 8 2.59 .915

Now that is a good young goaltender.
Reimer had a .921 save percentage in 2010-2011. Sounds like a better young goaltender to me.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
  #340
Ruki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
"Bob" from Flyers is gone to columbus for couple of late picks. Burke is waiting untill every good goaltender is gone then he will get a goaltender. Great idea Burke keep up the terrible GM job. I can't wait untill Burke arse gets fired! That would be the day. Leafs players will not fit wth Carlyle system style and you will see another 5th overall pick next year with new GM. Can't wait. Too see the disaster unfold again! I am a Leafs fan to death but this is becoming too funny and entertaining to see!! I am going to laugh when Bruke is going to get his arse fired!!
Bob can't handle the back-up gig in Philly, and you want him for our starter?

Quit your *****ing.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:32 PM
  #341
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95
 
Doug Gilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Essex County
Country: Mexico
Posts: 922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
Bob career:

2010-11 Philadelphia NHL 54 28 13 8 2.59 .915

Now that is a good young goaltender.
I wish Bob all the best in Columbus, but with an organization run as poorly as Columbus, I can't see him being the solution to their woes until Howson is fired and sent as far away from hockey as possible.

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
  #342
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Reimer had a .921 save percentage in 2010-2011. Sounds like a better young goaltender to me.
lol! was that like 20-25 games. Then he lost his last three games? and has done nothing since?

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
  #343
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
#SNdraft Adam Oates interviewed again this week for #Caps coaching job. At this point in time he seems the logical choice in for that market
I hope Caps sign this guy. It is shameful how Caps have ruined one of the best players ever and moulded him into an above average goal scorer. Mcphee is another "terrible" GM like Burke fans want fired.

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  #344
Badger Mayhew
Registered User
 
Badger Mayhew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
lol! was that like 20-25 games. Then he lost his last three games? and has done nothing since?
34, and it's clear there's no winning with you no matter how much evidence there is that Bob isn't an improvement, so can join the ignore list. Bye.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  #345
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
I hope Caps sign this guy. It is shameful how Caps have ruined one of the best players ever and moulded him into an above average goal scorer. Mcphee is another "terrible" GM like Burke fans want fired.
Had a dream last night we traded the 5th + Bozak for Backstrom.. Good dream man

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
  #346
RomanianLeafs
Registered User
 
RomanianLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Reimer had a .921 save percentage in 2010-2011. Sounds like a better young goaltender to me.
haha true

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
  #347
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Can you at least wait until Luongo's gone elsewhere to make this thread?

At least then I can see some people losing their minds
I will shut up if Burke picks Lou up. He will erase alot of his mistakes with this guy. Lou is a awesome goaltender and needs a new team badly. Might "choke" in final but he is still one of the top goaltenders in the league.

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
  #348
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
I will shut up if Burke picks Lou up. He will erase alot of his mistakes with this guy. Lou is a awesome goaltender and needs a new team badly. Might "choke" in final but he is still one of the top goaltenders in the league.
To be fair, the whole Canucks team choked in the finals.. Can't just put it on Luongo.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
  #349
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
To be fair, the whole Canucks team choked in the finals.. Can't just put it on Luongo.
even then everyone puts it on him not AV or the sedin twins or the top six it frsutrates me.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
  #350
bleedingblue1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
even then everyone puts it on him not AV or the sedin twins or the top six it frsutrates me.
Lou "choked" and so did the twins and others. The team choked and Lou was one of the "chokers".

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.