HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Around the League, Moves/Deals: Gomez done in Montreal. MDZ signed, Zajac Re-signed

Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

vCash: 500
#cementhead

Honestly though, a 5th for Bobs? Burke gets lambasted around here, but Holmgrem often makes me wonder WTF?

Edit: my bad for believing the poster in the OP (before it was merged) ws being honest that he went for a 5th round pick.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Badger Mayhew

vCash: 50
How is "Bob" an improvement over Reimer/Scrivens?

Young, unproven goaltender? We have two already.

Badger Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Grant
LL Genius

First of all, Bob went for more than a 5th rounder.

Second of all, if Burke traded for Bob you would have been crying at how is a downgrade to what we already have and would want him fired for being so dumb for trading our draft picks for him, you would proboably say you wouldn't want Bob for free.

Some people just love to complain about not only everything he does but everything he doesn't do

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

lol

Bob, Yup he was definitely the answer.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Carolina is now likely to use No. 8 pick, not trade as planned. Can't get J.Staal now? Then stock assets for when you can. #SNDraft

Also hey im not saying he was the answer ! Just saying he would be a good addition as I really like his style of game, although it's very visible that we need a veteran not a player like his.

06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
416Leafer

I wouldnt have made that trade for Bob. He hasnt done anything more than Reimer has in the NHL. He's not an upgrade over Reimer/Scrivens really. So why give up three picks? Lindback similarly was unproven, but he also hasnt been given a chance, so I would rank Lindback ahead of Bob. Same with Bernier, ahead of Bob.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
hdtrax

LOL at complaining over Bobrovsky. The guy is as good as Gustavsson right now (if not worse - having worse stats playing on a better team).

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

#SNdraft Adam Oates interviewed again this week for #Caps coaching job. At this point in time he seems the logical choice in for that market

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
I wouldnt have made that trade for Bob. He hasnt done anything more than Reimer has in the NHL. He's not an upgrade over Reimer/Scrivens really. So why give up three picks? Lindback similarly was unproven, but he also hasnt been given a chance, so I would rank Lindback ahead of Bob. Same with Bernier, ahead of Bob.
Yep, because Reimer, Scrivens or Gusto were the answer last year. What gives you any impression that because Reimer had 20 good games two years ago that he is any good? Stuff like this happens all the time in NHL. A player comes in net dominates then they figure him out and he ends of in swiss league. Bob is a good goaltender and has proven it (nothing great ) but given chance he probably will be really good. Bob alone was not the point. The point was Burke will wait untill every good goaltender is gone then he will trade for one or go into the season with the same damn mistake he did last his and fall flat on his face again.

bleedingblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Grant
LL Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
Yep, because Reimer, Scrivens or Gusto were the answer last year. What gives you any impression that because Reimer had 20 good games two years ago that he is any good? Stuff like this happens all the time in NHL. A player comes in net dominates then they figure him out and he ends of in swiss league. Bob is a good goaltender and has proven it (nothing great ) but given chance he probably will be really good. Bob alone was not the point. The point was Burke will wait untill every good goaltender is gone then he will trade for one or go into the season with the same damn mistake he did last his and fall flat on his face again.
Trading for Bob would have been at best the same thing as last year. And if he did trade for Bob, I'm sure you would have been complaining about it.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
"Bob" from Flyers is gone to columbus for couple of late picks. Burke is waiting untill every good goaltender is gone then he will get a goaltender. Great idea Burke keep up the terrible GM job. I can't wait untill Burke arse gets fired! That would be the day. Leafs players will not fit wth Carlyle system style and you will see another 5th overall pick next year with new GM. Can't wait. Too see the disaster unfold again! I am a Leafs fan to death but this is becoming too funny and entertaining to see!! I am going to laugh when Bruke is going to get his arse fired!!
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Fire Bourke!
*Bruke

dubey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
BudForLife

Quote:
"Bob" from Flyers is gone to columbus for couple of late picks. Burke is waiting untill every good goaltender is gone then he will get a goaltender. Great idea Burke keep up the terrible GM job. I can't wait untill Burke arse gets fired! That would be the day. Leafs players will not fit wth Carlyle system style and you will see another 5th overall pick next year with new GM. Can't wait. Too see the disaster unfold again! I am a Leafs fan to death but this is becoming too funny and entertaining to see!! I am going to laugh when Bruke is going to get his arse fired!!
You gotta be kidding me!

So, what you're saying is you would have been happy if Burke traded for Bobrovsky because he's one of the few "good" goalies left

Last edited by BudForLife: 06-22-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Good grief, better to keep the monster.
BudForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
bleedingblue1

Bob career:

2010-11 Philadelphia NHL 54 28 13 8 2.59 .915

Now that is a good young goaltender.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Badger Mayhew

Quote:
Bob career:

Reimer had a .921 save percentage in 2010-2011. Sounds like a better young goaltender to me.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Ruki

Quote:
Bob can't handle the back-up gig in Philly, and you want him for our starter?

Quit your *****ing.

Ruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Doug Gilmour
Leafer Since '95

Quote:
Bob career:

I wish Bob all the best in Columbus, but with an organization run as poorly as Columbus, I can't see him being the solution to their woes until Howson is fired and sent as far away from hockey as possible.

Doug Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
Reimer had a .921 save percentage in 2010-2011. Sounds like a better young goaltender to me.
lol! was that like 20-25 games. Then he lost his last three games? and has done nothing since?

Old
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
#SNdraft Adam Oates interviewed again this week for #Caps coaching job. At this point in time he seems the logical choice in for that market
I hope Caps sign this guy. It is shameful how Caps have ruined one of the best players ever and moulded him into an above average goal scorer. Mcphee is another "terrible" GM like Burke fans want fired.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Badger Mayhew

Quote:
lol! was that like 20-25 games. Then he lost his last three games? and has done nothing since?
34, and it's clear there's no winning with you no matter how much evidence there is that Bob isn't an improvement, so can join the ignore list. Bye.

Old
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
I hope Caps sign this guy. It is shameful how Caps have ruined one of the best players ever and moulded him into an above average goal scorer. Mcphee is another "terrible" GM like Burke fans want fired.
Had a dream last night we traded the 5th + Bozak for Backstrom.. Good dream man

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew View Post
haha true

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribouPINE View Post
Can you at least wait until Luongo's gone elsewhere to make this thread?

At least then I can see some people losing their minds
I will shut up if Burke picks Lou up. He will erase alot of his mistakes with this guy. Lou is a awesome goaltender and needs a new team badly. Might "choke" in final but he is still one of the top goaltenders in the league.

Old
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
I will shut up if Burke picks Lou up. He will erase alot of his mistakes with this guy. Lou is a awesome goaltender and needs a new team badly. Might "choke" in final but he is still one of the top goaltenders in the league.
To be fair, the whole Canucks team choked in the finals.. Can't just put it on Luongo.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
To be fair, the whole Canucks team choked in the finals.. Can't just put it on Luongo.
even then everyone puts it on him not AV or the sedin twins or the top six it frsutrates me.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
even then everyone puts it on him not AV or the sedin twins or the top six it frsutrates me.
Lou "choked" and so did the twins and others. The team choked and Lou was one of the "chokers".