HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Around the League, Moves/Deals: Gomez done in Montreal. MDZ signed, Zajac Re-signed

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
  #526
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Looks like Colin Wilson has come to terms with Nashville and got a contract extension... From what I am hearing/understanding.

Should be interesting to see the terms come out as he's been on the outs his entire career there, but he still has so much potential.
KWilsonPreds ‏@KWilsonPreds

#Preds have signed Colin Wilson to a 3-year, $6 million contract which will pay him $1.5mil in 12-13, $2mil in 13-14 & $2.5mil in 14-15

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  #527
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
KWilsonPreds ‏@KWilsonPreds

#Preds have signed Colin Wilson to a 3-year, $6 million contract which will pay him $1.5mil in 12-13, $2mil in 13-14 & $2.5mil in 14-15
noooooooooooooooo.

I am done.

Let's look for the next prospect or player that is buried under depth or not getting the opportunity. Brassard with the addition of Dubinsky, & Anisimov with RyJo joining in. Marcus Johansson?

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:44 PM
  #528
RaskY
Re-registered User
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,698
vCash: 50
Johansson was playing RW in the playoffs IIRC, but anyways he's not really what we need. Very soft and slow, just isn't there yet.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
  #529
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
noooooooooooooooo.

I am done.

Let's look for the next prospect or player that is buried under depth or not getting the opportunity. Brassard with the addition of Dubinsky, & Anisimov with RyJo joining in. Marcus Johansson?
Nashville has 14 forwards and 5 defenceman listed for next year and that includes Webber, Josi and Ellis.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:54 PM
  #530
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaskY View Post
Johansson was playing RW in the playoffs IIRC, but anyways he's not really what we need. Very soft and slow, just isn't there yet.
He can play center, he's a leader, a playmaker, fairly young and has the nose for the two way game we look for a player. I'd take a gamble on him.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:49 PM
  #531
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
KWilsonPreds ‏@KWilsonPreds

#Preds have signed Colin Wilson to a 3-year, $6 million contract which will pay him $1.5mil in 12-13, $2mil in 13-14 & $2.5mil in 14-15
Good deal for both the Preds and Wilson.

Glad to see it get done and glad to see I wasn't wrong. lol

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
  #532
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 166
I'd love to take Brassard. He's got potential.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 07:45 PM
  #533
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Benn or bust.

leugangen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:19 PM
  #534
dougieg93
flip for filip
 
dougieg93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,007
vCash: 500
Nashville needed to do it as 4 late 1sts are not appropriate compensation for the best defenseman in the league. Better wait until next year especially after knowing the result of the new CBA

dougieg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #535
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Wheres the finger.

Does anyone know if Finger signed anywhere? I stopped giving the finger ever since he left Toronto.

Who do you guys think will take his spot in the ahl?

threeGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 03:19 PM
  #536
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor
 
MapleLeafs9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Does anyone know if Finger signed anywhere? I stopped giving the finger ever since he left Toronto.

Who do you guys think will take his spot in the ahl?
I don't believe he signed anywhere and Mike Kostka is gonna take his spot in the AHL.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 07:01 PM
  #537
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I'd love to take Brassard. He's got potential.
so would I.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:10 AM
  #538
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,557
vCash: 500
Woke up this morning with a text saying "Voracek should re-sign today, 4 years over 16m."

Didn't think it would happen, but it seems there are more and more rumblings that he has re-signed at that price tag.

Which is pretty hefty, but he has the potential and skill to fulfill a contract in that range.


Waiting to hear it from Dregger!

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
  #539
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Woke up this morning with a text saying "Voracek should re-sign today, 4 years over 16m."

Didn't think it would happen, but it seems there are more and more rumblings that he has re-signed at that price tag.

Which is pretty hefty, but he has the potential and skill to fulfill a contract in that range.


Waiting to hear it from Dregger!
any news on the leaf front, im hating this silence as we get into august.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
  #540
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
any news on the leaf front, im hating this silence as we get into august.
None other than the fact that the Leafs dressing room understand there are still moves coming.

The feeling is that it will be multiple pieces out the door.

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:49 AM
  #541
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,557
vCash: 500
Voracek signs 4 year, $17million dollar offer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401489

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:53 AM
  #542
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Voracek signs 4 year, $17million dollar offer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401489
You're a boss

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:21 AM
  #543
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,217
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
None other than the fact that the Leafs dressing room understand there are still moves coming.

The feeling is that it will be multiple pieces out the door.
Wow. This could be interesting.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  #544
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,588
vCash: 500
Lightning get free wallet, as per TSN.

Dmitri Korobov
Defense
Born Mar 12 1989
Height 6.06 -- Weight 205

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:33 PM
  #545
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,588
vCash: 500
Tanner Pearson signed, wonder if he'll be going to the AHL for the Kings?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:53 PM
  #546
ALine
Registered User
 
ALine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Tanner Pearson signed, wonder if he'll be going to the AHL for the Kings?
That's about the only place for him to go, wouldn't it? Overager last year, and really no shot at making the defending cup champs roster.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 01:59 PM
  #547
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
That's about the only place for him to go, wouldn't it? Overager last year, and really no shot at making the defending cup champs roster.
He isn't yet 20, so he would have been 19 last season. 19 is not an overage year.

Biggs this year will be 19, going into his 1st. CHL season.

Kadri had 93 points in 56 games as a 19 year old, Pearson had 91 points in 60 games.


Last edited by ULF_55: 08-03-2012 at 02:05 PM.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:05 PM
  #548
ALine
Registered User
 
ALine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Ah I thought I rememberd someone saying that during the draft coverage. My bad

So he's not old enough for the AHL, back to junior I suppose.

ALine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
  #549
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
He will go back to the juniors.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
  #550
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
Ah I thought I rememberd someone saying that during the draft coverage. My bad

So he's not old enough for the AHL, back to junior I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He will go back to the juniors.
He could go to AHL, because he can at age 20, but he could stay in the CHL as well.

Didn't the Kings lose someone to Europe from the AHL?

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.