So who will be the best defenseman in the league this season?
Expect a big drop in terms of talent as 3 of the best in the CHL (Beaulieu, Gormley and Ellis... Roussel too) will not return leaving a scarcity of true #1 D left.
I think we can all agree Xavier Ouellet is the best defenseman this season, and one of the best players overall. He makes the BBL D. But who is the second best, or third? Post your opinions on the best blueliners for the '13 season.
T-2. S. Carrier
5. Fournier - Golden55 convinced me. I really like Fournier, and will one of the leagues best D at 19/20 too.
Bourret, Poulin, Brouillard, Beaupre, Gagnon , Morin, Blain, Narbonne, Melindy, Gagne and Durepos get Honorable Mention, I just don't know where to rank them
I'm listing only those we are sure they'll be in the Q next year...
1. Xavier Ouellet (no contest)
2. Martin Lefebvre (a really underated D)
3. Konrad Abeltshauser (the German tower will be a force this year)
4. Dillon Fournier (He'll be the best D in RN, he's really reliable)
5. Keven Gagné (His skating is his main force, I see him becoming a PPG player as well as being the best D in his team)
Excluding guys like Blain, O'Brien, Gauthier-Leduc, etc
1 Xavier Ouellet
2 Martin Lefebvre
3 Kevin Gagne
4 Konrad Abeltshauser
5 Dillon Fournier
6 Artem Sergeev
7 Pierre Durepos
8 James Melindy
9 Mathieu Gagnon
10 Mathieu Brisebois
11 Alex Micallef
12 Gabriel Bourret
13 Patrick Downe
14 Jonathan Racine
15 Jonathan Narbonne
May have forgotten some, and after that a list would be possible based on last year, but there's really just so much young players that could progress tremendously and older players that could take that next step that I'd rather not try that before the camps are at least started.